Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YobbR.jpg

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doanyx68vE0

2. http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=lOJqicM6x84

My heart was pounding when i watched those two together, whoever first came up with that was a genius!

About to purchase another 6970 for crossfire to play BF3. there is no way crossfire 6970's won't be able to run this game on max settings on 1920x1080 resolution setup. the 6950/6970 and GTX 570/580 cards are so powerful I have a hard time believing we will need to upgrade from these to run them smoothe

Fan made hard rock version of the Battlefield theme song. Combines parts of BF1942, BF2, BF2142, BFBC, and BFBC2 theme songs. The video of him playing kinda sucks, but the music rocks.

I honestly hope the BF3 theme song is similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSYr4vTvXvE&feature=player_embedded

Why are people talking about how this is new? It was already released as the loading music for Wake Island 2142 like 3 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POyzBagvthA

It's not a bad version, but it's already been done...

About to purchase another 6970 for crossfire to play BF3. there is no way crossfire 6970's won't be able to run this game on max settings on 1920x1080 resolution setup. the 6950/6970 and GTX 570/580 cards are so powerful I have a hard time believing we will need to upgrade from these to run them smoothe

I keeP thinking how there wasn't much of a point for me to go 6970 crossfire (6950s flashed). The new cards are gonna rape. That's always what happens. But I'm a battlefield fan. If the video cards can't hang, I'm upgrading. I hope they can! Lol.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/03/bf3-goes-to-e3.aspx##

E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that’s looking amazing. I’m very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we’ll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, “Operation Métro,” available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Karl Magnus Troedsson
General Manager, DICE

Bahahaha, love the Activision trolling! :D

COD is going to get embarassed by this game and rightfully so. I can't wait to see all the side by sides and the rest of it.

One thing I'm not sure about is that they now said that there will be a Team Deathmatch mode

Ya prolly the full size maps scaled down for that particular game mode. I would imagine them taking urban sections from the full size CQ/Rush maps and using those areas for the TDM portion of the game. I'm fine with that as long as they don't dumb down the meat and potatoes of the mp portion of the game for the TDM portion. Which I seriously doubt they will do. So all good here.

Why are people talking about how this is new? It was already released as the loading music for Wake Island 2142 like 3 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POyzBagvthA

It's not a bad version, but it's already been done...

Did you read my post or even listen to the song in the link? They aren't even remotely the same song and don't even sound like they are in the same key. The only thing they share in common is the main battlefield chorus and a guitar. The link I showed was a re-hash of ALL THE BATTLEFIELD THEME SONGS put together to make it sound like one song.

That made the trailer so much more powerful. I am wishing that the composer wrote some songs for the BF3 single player! I don't think I could play without it now! :D

Fan made hard rock version of the Battlefield theme song. Combines parts of BF1942, BF2, BF2142, BFBC, and BFBC2 theme songs. The video of him playing kinda sucks, but the music rocks.

I honestly hope the BF3 theme song is similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSYr4vTvXvE&feature=player_embedded

Awesome mix of the iconic Battlefield music! I downloaded it.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the stuff at E3. Although I love the dig at Activision, I hope they don't try to follow suit on future releases.

I remember DICE being extremely quick to confirm and brag about dedicated servers being in Bad Company 2 when that troubling news about CODMW2 on PC dropped.

Unless you can host your own dedicated server without having to pay someone else, they shouldn't be bragging. Now, if BF3 has that ability, power to them.

I really like the fact that DICE is throwing the gauntlet down and challenging its competitors to make better games and in particular better game engines. I give them credit for pushing the envelope or at least making pushing the envelope part of their marketing strategy. The CoD people and most of all Valve need to be called on their lack of innovation in recent years.

I keeP thinking how there wasn't much of a point for me to go 6970 crossfire (6950s flashed). The new cards are gonna rape. That's always what happens. But I'm a battlefield fan. If the video cards can't hang, I'm upgrading. I hope they can! Lol.

Well to be fair, the 5xxx to 6xxx series cards really weren't that big of a jump in performance, and I am kind of expecting the same thing from 6xxx to 7xxx

One thing BF:BC2 lacked was user made maps. I can understand if DICE decides not to rank players on user made maps, but they should at least allow it as an option, I bet people would make killer maps for BF3 as the years go by.

Well to be fair, the 5xxx to 6xxx series cards really weren't that big of a jump in performance, and I am kind of expecting the same thing from 6xxx to 7xxx
Die shrinks have a huge impact on what the card makers can do. I expect both AMD and Nvidia to blow the current gen out of the water when they hit 28nm.

The last thing BF3 needs is Steam. I'm sure it will have its own systems for friends, servers, communication, achievements/unlocks, addon content, anticheat, etc. in place within the game itself. I was probably going to buy the physical version anyway, so I guess this settles that.

I just hope that we don't have to sign up or register with Origin regardless of which medium we buy BF3, like what Steam did with HL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back