Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a firm believer that 90% of you are going to say you're disappointed when they announce features but buy the game on launch day and play for 6 hours straight.

Almost like Sonic fans, Battlefield fans are like battered wives. (myself included)

If they don't have the M136 in BF3, rage will ensue.

Awwww QFT! I remember brining in one of those beta's to school and setting it up on a 1942 linux dedicated server my friend and I ran during our lunch break. We'd get other classmates to join in and then he'd fly cause he loved to fly (and was damn good at it too) and I'd nose-gunner/engineer repair/tank hunter at the same time. So. Much. Fun.

Dude, that was starting to sound like a run on band camp story. :D

1942 was good. But my favorite was PEO running on BFV. My clan buddies and friends didn't get into it too much and when BF2 hit with it's stats, it was curtains for 1942 and BFV. I just went and played the hell out of CS:S for a few years on a super awesome custom server I set up on our dedicated box at the planet. By the time I got into BF2... it was Wake Island 64 man carnage on our server. Yawn, so I ran solo on pub servers and had a blast.

All this BF talk makes me want to reinstall BF2

Everytime I rebuild my OS, BF2 is one of the first games in install. I have been playing that game since the beginning (And BF1942) and I never tire of it.

I am getting more excited with each passing day until I attend GDC2011 here in SF. I want to see what they are doing. They are "Supposed" to have a playable demo at the conference.

All I want are better graphics, the same style of game play, New maps and Old maps (Karkand and Wake Island, would love to see a Guadal Canal and a Coral Sea map with nothing but Aircraft carriers and planes blowing shit up) And sorts of big enviorments (Deserts, Jungle, City scapes, ect ect....

My PC is def ready for the game though :)

Everytime I rebuild my OS, BF2 is one of the first games in install. I have been playing that game since the beginning (And BF1942) and I never tire of it.

I am getting more excited with each passing day until I attend GDC2011 here in SF. I want to see what they are doing. They are "Supposed" to have a playable demo at the conference.

All I want are better graphics, the same style of game play, New maps and Old maps (Karkand and Wake Island, would love to see a Guadal Canal and a Coral Sea map with nothing but Aircraft carriers and planes blowing shit up) And sorts of big enviorments (Deserts, Jungle, City scapes, ect ect....

My PC is def ready for the game though :)

I completely agree. BF2 was one of the very few games that made me want to upgrade my PC. Coral Sea map was a blast back in BF1942. Aircraft carriers and battleships and large aerial fight were so much fun.

Everytime I rebuild my OS, BF2 is one of the first games in install.

I was tempted to buy it on Steam for $2 for convenience but I wasn't sure if I would be able to log in with my account and wouldn't have to start over.

BF3..cool but im still waiting for the updated 1942 we were supposed to be getting

Last edited:
I loved flying the planes in 1942...the mouse and keyboard controls rocked. Are there any other games where you can fly planes like that?...I bought IL2 because it said mouse/keyboard supported but was it bollox. :(

I hope they have flyable planes in BF3 but I think the WW2 planes were more fun because they were slower and you could strafe...modern day fighter sims are just dots on your radar..shoot a missile from miles away..prefer the closeup of WW2 games.

I am a firm believer that 90% of you are going to say you're disappointed when they announce features but buy the game on launch day and play for 6 hours straight.

Almost like Sonic fans, Battlefield fans are like battered wives. (myself included)

You would be correct if not for one reason...

No one ever gets to play on launch day (or that week) because they always have a random teenage pothead from Geeksquad setting up and running the master server.

BF3..cool but im still waiting for the updated 1942 we were supposed to be getting

I too have been wanting BF1943 to come out. It is already out for the Xbox and PS3. That has been the Phantom release like Duke Nukem...But Duke Nukem is coming out in May!

Yeah, we still don't know what we'll see exactly. They just said there will be an unveiling of it at GDC on March 1st. It would make sense that they showcase it though. I'm sure they're excited to start talking about Frostbite 2.0 which BF3 is supposed to be running on. Plus its been how many years since the last real BF game? Like 4 or 5 now. We're all looking forward to seeing what it (both Frostbite and BF3) will bring to the table in terms of looks, improvements, and new features, but it's still a month til we know anything ;)

Can't wait for the 1st of March, hopefully there will be game-play footage.

BF3 is one of the few day 1 buys for me, no matter what.

Yeah, we still don't know what we'll see exactly. They just said there will be an unveiling of it at GDC on March 1st. It would make sense that they showcase it though. I'm sure they're excited to start talking about Frostbite 2.0 which BF3 is supposed to be running on. Plus its been how many years since the last real BF game? Like 4 or 5 now. We're all looking forward to seeing what it (both Frostbite and BF3) will bring to the table in terms of looks, improvements, and new features, but it's still a month til we know anything ;)

yea, BF2142 came out in October of 2006....so we are long over due.

No refunds yet on the PC version of BF1943 (renewed version of bf1942 a badass game) , that is a bit odd and unusual to do of EA especially...I wonder if they will release it phantom, yeah..... then give us a BF3 release date on the 1st of March secret release GDC date. That would be awesome.

No refunds yet on the PC version of BF1943 (renewed version of bf1942 a badass game) , that is a bit odd and unusual to do of EA especially...I wonder if they will release it phantom, yeah..... then give us a BF3 release date on the 1st of March secret release GDC date. That would be awesome.

What would be awesome is if they released 1943 for the PC as freebie just cause. As a ya we know we left you guys hanging and we're sorry. Here's a little something for our PC gaming customers who made Bf what it is today. Oh and here's a 15 minute walkthrough video high res of BF3 enjoy guys. ;) Would be nice no?

Seriously, with the time it has taken them I'd expect BF1943 to showcase all four theaters of WWII instead of only the Pacific. Heck, they've even had enough time to remake the "Road to Rome" and "Secret Weapons" maps.

/Fantasizes about an "El Alamein" remake.

There may be BF3 news Friday...

twitter.com/ChristinaCoffin: "something awesome is gonna happen on friday"

twitter.com/Demize99: "Revealed today, the first BF3 kit! Look for more come friday! http://digs.by/g7dRcC"

twitter.com/PatrickBach: "Just a couple of days now..." (First Tweet from Patrick in three months)

Edit:
twitter.com/locust9: "You guys ready for tomorrow? You sure? Really really sure? #BF3" (posted on Thursday!)

(Locust9 = lead designer on BF3)
(Patrick Bach = Executive Producer of Battlefield)
(Demize99 = Gameplay Designer on BF3)
(Chistina Coffin = Frostbite developer at DICE)

Last edited:
Friday couldn't get here any sooner!

As others have stated, we are long over due for any news regarding a true sequel to the battlefield franchise.

I so badly want BF3 to be awesome... BF:BC2 just doesn't fill my BF cravings. Please, please, please don't screw it up, DICE!

This is interesting indeed. Trying not to get my hopes up for too much, but damn it's hard not to!

is bf1943 ever getting released on pc?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hope there's more than shakeycam out of GDC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hope there's more than shakeycam out of GDC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah kind of worried about this myself, they could at least run some proper screen capture software and let us see some HD action of the games being shown, it's all going to get leaked onto the net anyway so why not make it look actually good to begin with?
Posted via Mobile Device

cov_215_l.jpg

OMG! :eek:

Please don't ruin BF3!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...cover-revealed-battlefield-3.aspx?PageIndex=2

I think they are serious when they say PC is the main platform, they actually seem excited to show us and not just tongue and cheek talk like before.

You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes, but check back here and visit the official Battlefield 3 site tomorrow to watch the premiere teaser trailer and glean a few more key details.

Whaaaaaat :eek:

W00t! I hope it shows something in-game... but... that awesome BF music will do, too. ;)

I hope they at least show an in game screen shot, those cinematic trailers aren't worth damn.

Anyone think the GI cover looks like Strike at Karkand? The immediate right looks like where one of the 1st capture points should be, and to the far back is a palm tree. It's probably wishful thinking, BUT STRIKE AT KARKAND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back