Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Battlefield 2142 handled prone and "dolphin diving" was pretty good - if you were using a light machinegun and went prone, the crosshair went wide and you had to wait a couple of seconds for it to centre again.

My most anticipated game of the year. I loved Battlefield 2, didn't really like Battlefield 2142 and really enjoy Bad Company 2. Can't wait.

So speculatively based upon what we know, how well would everyone think a 6950 can run this game at 1920x1080? This game and a modded Skyrim are basically the games that I really care about, that are reasonably close to release, and have possible performance concerns over doing a new build. Basically weighing if I should get something cheaper that is easier to resell, or even stick with what I have, and wait for the new 28nm cards.

The way Battlefield 2142 handled prone and "dolphin diving" was pretty good - if you were using a light machinegun and went prone, the crosshair went wide and you had to wait a couple of seconds for it to centre again.

How about just making prone animation take 4-5+ seconds just like in real life...

How about just making prone animation take 4-5+ seconds just like in real life...

Because in real life, you don't take 4-5 seconds to hit the ground if you're getting fired at. It should be implemented to where you hit the ground immediately, but it take 2-4 seconds to position your gun into firing position.

It sounds like most of the people here started with BF2. Anyone remember the good old days of 1942? Forgotten Hope was my thing for so long after vanilla got old.

They should just block people from firing the weapon while going prone and when standing back up, the prone animation can be fast but the stand animation should take a good few seconds, and while doing both you should be blocked from firing.

You want to encourage use of the firing position for concealment and for a steady aim, but it was abused so that it was essentially a dodge manoeuvre used in reaction to running into enemies unexpectedly.

As long as it takes some forethought to use, and some planning, so you can't use it at the spare of the moment, but rather have to plan, then I don't mind prone being supported.

It sounds like most of the people here started with BF2. Anyone remember the good old days of 1942? Forgotten Hope was my thing for so long after vanilla got old.

Early beta revisions of 1942 DC were teh shizzle! Loved annihilating everyone with the apache and riding across el alamain with 5 other team mates side by side in abrams.

Its amazing how many backward steps have been taken since 1942, that engine was amazing for its time.

Early beta revisions of 1942 DC were teh shizzle! Loved annihilating everyone with the apache and riding across el alamain with 5 other team mates side by side in abrams.

Its amazing how many backward steps have been taken since 1942, that engine was amazing for its time.

Awwww QFT! I remember brining in one of those beta's to school and setting it up on a 1942 linux dedicated server my friend and I ran during our lunch break. We'd get other classmates to join in and then he'd fly cause he loved to fly (and was damn good at it too) and I'd nose-gunner/engineer repair/tank hunter at the same time. So. Much. Fun.

I go all the way back the the original DICE massive war game: codename eagle.

With BF3 also being on consoles, I expect the series to now be watered down.

I am sure it would suck as its a multiplatform design.Unless they make some real different effort for the PC platform[like BF2] its going to be a decent game at best. Its sad to see develepors forget what made their franchise so popular.Open ur eyes u morons and give us a better game.BF2 was the best battlefield game ever and its stail amazing.

BF1942 was awesome!! The day I got that i spent at least 8 hours just playing 1942. those were some of the coolest maps too. nothing worse than being a prone sniper and a B17 dropping bombs on your building lol.

I loved BF2142 the most though, I liked BF2 but the scifi nerd in me appreciated 2142 more. I can't wait for BF3 to come out. Like everyone elses convern I hope they find a way to implement prone properly in the game rather than abandon it how badcompany has.

I am sure it would suck as its a multiplatform design.Unless they make some real different effort for the PC platform[like BF2] its going to be a decent game at best. Its sad to see develepors forget what made their franchise so popular.Open ur eyes u morons and give us a better game.BF2 was the best battlefield game ever and its stail amazing.

Open ur eyes u morons and give us a better game.

develepors

stail amazing

Leading by example I see.

This is the game I am looking forward to the most...more than Doom 4, more than DNF, more than Mortal Kombat.

I loved BF2142 the most though, I liked BF2 but the scifi nerd in me appreciated 2142 more. I can't wait for BF3 to come out. Like everyone elses convern I hope they find a way to implement prone properly in the game rather than abandon it how badcompany has.

I too enjoyed 2142 quite a bit. I was a pro-engineer like I tend to be in most BF games. The Pilum was sick not to mention clever motion-mine traps. Loved that game.

I really enjoyed BF2 and especially 2142; hopefully BF3 will be a similar experience.

I just got BFBC2 Vietnam and haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hoping BF3 doesn't come out until fourth quarter so I have time :p

Never played BF2, watched, but never played.
I was a massive fan of 1294 and the desert combat mod, that was excellent.

Frostbite Engine 2.0 just in before the golden age of 28nm gpus. I have high expectations.

I am a firm believer that 90% of you are going to say you're disappointed when they announce features but buy the game on launch day and play for 6 hours straight.

Almost like Sonic fans, Battlefield fans are like battered wives. (myself included)

I am a firm believer that 90% of you are going to say you're disappointed when they announce features but buy the game on launch day and play for 6 hours straight.

Almost like Sonic fans, Battlefield fans are like battered wives. (myself included)

put me down as the 10% croud who has sense

put me down as the 10% croud who has sense

Yeah, put me there too. For now, I'm planning to upgrade my PC around the time BF3 releases but if I won't like the features and the direction the game will be going I won't get it and wait until new Diablo or Rage with my upgrades. That will show them!

There's a HUGE difference between a good game and a great game. Doesn't make the good game bad, but it's not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back