Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gives a happy crazy killer type of atmosphere. Like if Ace Ventura was a serial killer.

Ahhh see, if more people perceived it as happy killing, imagine the priceless controversy.
I like hip-hop/rap, but it was the wrong song for the video. Also, I think we have enough trailers with heavy metal.

Epic Games is very good at choosing their trailer music. They blur the lines very well, not to focus on a "type" of customer.
 
Ahhh see, if more people perceived it as happy killing, imagine the priceless controversy.
I like hip-hop/rap, but it was the wrong song for the video. Also, I think we have enough trailers with heavy metal.

Epic Games is very good at choosing their trailer music. They blur the lines very well, not to focus on a "type" of customer.

100% agreed. I love rap and hip-hop but the Jay-Z track is a horrible choice IMO.

That trolololol one is waaaaaay better. LOL :D
 
the really funny thing is -- I'm 29 years old -- soon to be 30.

In 20-30 years, you are going to have old bald/grey grandpas and grandmas walking around listening to "their music" Seeing a granny bumping to some Ludacris or Easy-E is going to be awesome.

I'm already at the age when I think kids today are stupid, and most things they do/say are retarded. I got my old man card early :)
 
maybe the devs were trying to point out they have 99 probs in the game and bitch aint one? which means the beta will be a buggy mess and we can all cancle our pre orders.



jk
 
maybe the devs were trying to point out they have 99 probs in the game and bitch aint one? which means the beta will be a buggy mess and we can all cancle our pre orders.



jk

Yea the game will have 99 problems, the bitch(ing) is the PC gamers. DICE is pissed because all that bitching is making them actually work toward a proper game. But, they're gonna fail nontheless.
 
The reason BF3 is using a Jay-Z song for their trailer is in response to MW3 using Kanye West to perform at the CODMW3 XP Convention. Its some sort of weak "diss"
 
The reason BF3 is using a Jay-Z song for their trailer is in response to MW3 using Kanye West to perform at the CODMW3 XP Convention. Its some sort of weak "diss"

So, then who is watching the throne? Perhaps J Cole will do a trailer for CS:GO :p
 
Yep, got to agree with him though without even having to go to the forum to read the comments. Every popular game that is released excites that fan base into a fervor. Then for some reason humans get this feeling that they "own" the game and now it is their right to direct the game's development from their couch.

Most developers grow a thick skin over time that allows them to ignore insults. But initially they truly do care what is said about them and don't know how to block trolls, misinformation and useless information out. So you get an outburst like in your screenshot that summarizes exactly how they feel after stress overload.

It's their "Et tu, Brute" moment aimed at the community.

Except half the FUD regarding this game has emanated from zhint0 either talking shit or trolling the community. On the one hand he is more than happy to whip the fan base into a frenzy but then cries foul when he is the subject of its ire because he was not completely honest or forthright. His outburst demonstrates a lack of professionalism and maturity.
 
I rather listen to rap/hippity hop then that terrible heavy metal crap :eek:

It's funny, because when I think of music to play when in battle, rap just doesn't come to mind. No aggressive overtones... No epicness to the sound... just beats with lyrics. When I think of epic moments, I think of epic music. Orchestra is a prime example of what epicness should sound like. The problem with most metal and the way that people perceive it is that most metal is too fast and too complex that the mood of the music is either to fast and angry, or it is just superficial and sounding "good" just for the sake of it. There is metal that does have very thick riffs and plays out songs for the emotion to actually come across the listener. Here is an example of something that I consider epic. Don't worry about the vocals are being aggressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7vRCO8Onc Just close your eyes and think of it as you are walking with your squad in a peaceful country side when all of a sudden your friend is hit by a mortar. Then it turns into an epic battle.
 
It's funny, because when I think of music to play when in battle, rap just doesn't come to mind. No aggressive overtones... No epicness to the sound... just beats with lyrics. When I think of epic moments, I think of epic music. Orchestra is a prime example of what epicness should sound like. The problem with most metal and the way that people perceive it is that most metal is too fast and too complex that the mood of the music is either to fast and angry, or it is just superficial and sounding "good" just for the sake of it. There is metal that does have very thick riffs and plays out songs for the emotion to actually come across the listener. Here is an example of something that I consider epic. Don't worry about the vocals are being aggressive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7vRCO8Onc Just close your eyes and think of it as you are walking with your squad in a peaceful country side when all of a sudden your friend is hit by a mortar. Then it turns into an epic battle.

Couldn't care less with epicness of the music playing while gaming. I'd rather listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK0rXbwrYbU or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tfyLbin9gs and get pumped up while pumping lead into my target.
 
Do any of you guys play an instrument?

I used to play in a symphonic band in the lower brass. Euphonium and trombone.

Other news.

hvMoa.png
 
will there ever be a a first person spec view? I really dont see any reason its not in a game made in the last 10 years. Makes catching cheaters 10129854268724586745286x times easier also.
 
Is there anyone here that purchased MOH on steam? According to EA's FAQ, I should have a BF3 beta key within steam, but all steam shows is my MOH key.
 
Umm, what? It makes perfect sense. The frostbite engine likes quad/hex-core systems with high clock speeds, and the graphs back that statement up.

WTF are you talking about? This graph shows that even an i7 can bottleneck the game at lower clock rates.

Makes sense to me. More clock = better performance. lol

lol wut? Do you even know how cpu scaling works? In a good example, it should look like this:

EfgnK.jpg


THIS is how scaling works. When you are cpu-bottlenecked, you get huge preformance improvements for each clock improvement you do...at first. Then, for the same cpu improvement, you get LESS performance improvements. At the end, it doesn't matter how much performance you get from your cpu that the game stops caling (due to other stuff doing the bottleneck).


Here is a great example of CPU scaling in BC2. I can only imagine BF3 will be even more CPU intensive.

CPU_01.png


CPU_02.png


Source

Now, those images show the contrary: are you telling me that from 2.22ghz to 2.96ghz (33% cpu clock increase) you only get a 2% performance increase? Whereas from 2.96ghz to 3.14ghz (6% increase) you get a huge 10% increase? Something in that review is clearly wrong, they probably changed far more things than just the multiplier because the performance gap is something that you will never see in proper real life testing.

Also, lol to this quote:

Here is the same Core i7 920 processor with two cores disabled as well as HyperThreading. As you can see neither core is maxed out, but the CPU utilization is much higher. So again, a decent dual core processor such as a Core 2 Duo E8xxx or Phenom II X2 should be enough to get the most out of your graphics card in this game. While it is quad-core optimized, the game is not demanding enough on the CPU to warrant it based on what I have seen so far.

Anybody that has played BFBC2 with different processors knows this is FALSE. I jumped from a Q6600 to an i5 2500K and the performance increase was HUGE. BFBC2 loves processor power AND cores. You can't play it properly unless you have a ton of cpu power.


It's probably to do with the multithreading implementation and its internal interacting bottlenecks. I see what you mean (at lower speeds initially the CPU speeds aren't doing much, then as it gets high the same delta is improving more and more). It could also have to do with memory speeds in conjunction with this, since it's an i7 920 scaling graph.

Its probably because they just altered the BCLK or any other thing but, anyway, its not a representative model because it never works this way. You don't do a 30% performance increase to get nothing at all...and suddenly get liner scaling improvements. In any case the reviewer didn't know what was going on, because he should state that those fps improvements aren't normal because they are the contrary of what you would expect in a normal cpu-bottlenecking case.
 
Now, those images show the contrary: are you telling me that from 2.22ghz to 2.96ghz (33% cpu clock increase) you only get a 2% performance increase? Whereas from 2.96ghz to 3.14ghz (6% increase) you get a huge 10% increase? Something in that review is clearly wrong, they probably changed far more things than just the multiplier because the performance gap is something that you will never see in proper real life testing.

Considering they're using a locked CPU for that test, the reason they get that kind of scaling would more than likely be from the uncore(I'm guessing cache speed is a huge factor). When going lower than stock, all they do is drop the multiplier but they can't raise it past stock level and end up increasing the frequency of all parts of the CPU. Pretty poor testing methodology.
 
Last edited:
I'm so glad I have off Monday, Tues, Wed (i work weekend shift 10 hour days)

Sad there is no way to pre-load on Monday or so, my connection is ass most of the time (AT&T dsl) Hopefully the download size won't be insane if we are only getting one map. Normally I wouldn't care about such things, but Origin's downloading code/engine/setup was pretty shitty when I installed Dead Space 2.

I'd feel 10X better about orgin in general if I knew they had it where you can download for a bit, pause, resume, and genearlly go as fast or as slow as you like. Spending 4 hours downloading only to have your connection crap out and having to start over is a PITA.
 
Jesus, all of your music selections suck.

Now get back to BF3, there are other forums for discussing what is a better music genre.
 
LE... Sadly, I actually preordered this game.

According to the beta site, if you click on the link for cd key then it should also show a bf3 beta key...if you bought LE through steam. Though it may not show up till tomorrow around the time the emails are sent out to preorders.
 
wow this thread is going to melt into a discussion of rap vs heavy metal? seriously?

Get back on topic girls -- besides when I fire up multiplayer and am in the mood for some immersive game play the LAST thing I want is some overpaid fake ass man or woman singing into my ear.

Screw music of any sort, I want to hear the footsteps and shells hitting the floor as I sneak around and stab the hell out of other players :D:D:D
 
According to the beta site, if you click on the link for cd key then it should also show a bf3 beta key...if you bought LE through steam. Though it may not show up till tomorrow around the time the emails are sent out to preorders.

I'm having the same worries as he is, and I still don't see a BF3 Beta code when viewing the CD Keys page for my copy of MoH:LE on Steam. Hopefully it does show up tomorrow.
 
My last clan/community was named after that song :cool:

This song should have been in the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F0kK45lVyk


Yeah, DICE usually has a better selection. The soundtrack to BC2 was actually pretty good. It is just a trailer, I am assuming BF3 will be equally as good.

Nostalgia kicking in...remembering the map loading screens...My system was not the greatest when this released, so the music is forever embedded in my brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v4n6srZxDY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsxK5D00FKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsxK5D00FKk

Gets me every time.
 
Last edited:
My last clan/community was named after that song :cool:




Yeah, DICE usually has a better selection. The soundtrack to BC2 was actually pretty good. It is just a trailer, I am assuming BF3 will be equally as good.

Nostalgia kicking in...remembering the map loading screens...My system was not the greatest when this released, so the music is forever embedded in my brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v4n6srZxDY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsxK5D00FKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsxK5D00FKk

Gets me every time.

This is still my favorite BF theme. The MEC intro is a close second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DQXewB5RME&feature=related
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top