Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta is delayed cause of the consoles so it will take a few more weeks dice said the pc is about ready but the consoles must go through some verify process nonsense before it can be released.
 
Seeing as you are discussing BF3's DRM, can you enlighten us as to whether:

(1) Origin will receive an "offline mode"?;

(2) It is possible to play the BF3 SP campaign without online authentication every time the game is started?

(3) BF3 will require Origin to be running in the background despite all the required functionality seemingly having been packaged into Battlelog?

Is there any info on what kind of DRM it is? Is it SecuRom? What if you get the digital version through origin? I'm not a programmer or anything but I thought you really wouldnt need much drm if you had to go through origin, kind of like steamworks.
 
Beta is delayed cause of the consoles so it will take a few more weeks dice said the pc is about ready but the consoles must go through some verify process nonsense before it can be released.

Not true. EA/DICE has a set date already for the beta. Even if all versions of the beta were good to go, it would not be released until that date.

Feel free to search this thread for the proof. I know the links you will post, all pointing to a foreign language website that is in no way an official announcement from DICE and/or EA.
 
Noob question. I didn't want to search through 5,600 post.

I just pre-ordered on Origin today. does this mean I will be able to get beta access?
 
Not true. EA/DICE has a set date already for the beta. Even if all versions of the beta were good to go, it would not be released until that date.

Feel free to search this thread for the proof. I know the links you will post, all pointing to a foreign language website that is in no way an official announcement from DICE and/or EA.

Well i think i know more then u as im from sweden and dice told the biggest online gaming community that the beta is ready but must wait for consoles so this has nothing to do with dates as it will take a few weeks for the consoles to catch up so dont talk unless u know full story.
 
Well i think i know more then u as im from sweden and dice told the biggest online gaming community that the beta is ready but must wait for consoles so this has nothing to do with dates as it will take a few weeks for the consoles to catch up so dont talk unless u know full story.

HAHAHAHAAH best rejoinder ever.


but yeah. date of beta is set for after sony and microsoft finish their console bullsnaz.
 
Well i think i know more then u as im from sweden and dice told the biggest online gaming community that the beta is ready but must wait for consoles so this has nothing to do with dates as it will take a few weeks for the consoles to catch up so dont talk unless u know full story.

Psst. If you search the thread you will see it is from an EA developer.

Also, I'm from America and drink whiskey then play games of just the tip followed by promise i'll pull out with girls that are prone to bad decisions. So obviously I know more.
 
Well i think i know more then u as im from sweden and dice told the biggest online gaming community that the beta is ready but must wait for consoles so this has nothing to do with dates as it will take a few weeks for the consoles to catch up so dont talk unless u know full story.

Psst. If you search the thread you will see it is from an EA developer.

Well maybe he should have identified himself as an EA developer instead of making himself sound like a douche and implying that he knows more simply because he is from Sweden.
 
Also, I'm from America and drink whiskey then play games of just the tip followed by promise i'll pull out with girls that are prone to bad decisions. So obviously I know more.

This is my favorite post this week. :D
 
I think himmy was referring to me, MrGoodKat44 not about Mortuus.

defiant007, I don't know what's been announced about any of that stuff, so I'm not in a position to speak to it, unfortunately.
 
My only question is, what about those of us who already pre-ordered and missed the whole free game deal they were running about a month ago. Kinda sucks cause now I'll probably have to go through the support hurdles and get refunded and re-pre-order... :(

Open up a chat session with EA support. Some people on this forum have had success getting promo codes after their purchase.
 
Open up a chat session with EA support. Some people on this forum have had success getting promo codes after their purchase.

Yeah, probably going to have to. I did this when I pre-ordered BF3 to obtain a 20% code but now... meh. Maybe they can just credit me a copy of DS2. I'd really like that. :)
 
Just found this:
http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/114753221414764545

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/

Another promo of free Dead Space 2 if you pre-order BF3 via Origin. US only apparently. My only question is, what about those of us who already pre-ordered and missed the whole free game deal they were running about a month ago. Kinda sucks cause now I'll probably have to go through the support hurdles and get refunded and re-pre-order... :(

thanks for the heads-up, i'll see if i can get DS2 credited to my account since i just pre-ordered 3 days ago.
 
Just found this:
http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/114753221414764545

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/

Another promo of free Dead Space 2 if you pre-order BF3 via Origin. US only apparently. My only question is, what about those of us who already pre-ordered and missed the whole free game deal they were running about a month ago. Kinda sucks cause now I'll probably have to go through the support hurdles and get refunded and re-pre-order... :(

Thanks for posting that. I have been waiting to sign up since I have a birthday in a couple weeks (hoping for the coupon) but this is a good deal as I enjoyed Dead Space immensely.
 
I'm leaving out of town Sunday afternoon - late Wednesday night, so it is very probable at least one of those betas will drop either during that time or shortly before. :mad:
 
I guess people here were right about EA chat reps being more helpful and giving than the Origin Reps. I just saw this in a tweet http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/ by BF3 's twitter account. All it says is pre order BF3 before Sept 19 and you get Dead Space 2.
So my friend has a pre-order of BF3 but did it when there was no free game stuff, and so he went onto Origin Chat and said can i get the free game? Basically they said no, he said basically: so your gonna make me cancel my order, pre order again which changes nothing, to get the free game? and they said yup.
So now, i does anyone know where the "cancel your order" button is on origin? either the client or the origin website? Thanks.
 
I guess people here were right about EA chat reps being more helpful and giving than the Origin Reps. I just saw this in a tweet http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.bf3promo/ by BF3 's twitter account. All it says is pre order BF3 before Sept 19 and you get Dead Space 2.
So my friend has a pre-order of BF3 but did it when there was no free game stuff, and so he went onto Origin Chat and said can i get the free game? Basically they said no, he said basically: so your gonna make me cancel my order, pre order again which changes nothing, to get the free game? and they said yup.
So now, i does anyone know where the "cancel your order" button is on origin? either the client or the origin website? Thanks.

same deal with EA's chat rep. i try to be respectful to chat reps since they deal with dipshits all day long, but at the same time i'm to the point so i don't fill his screen (and time) with fluff.

Khomdrom: Hi, my name is Khomdrom. How may I help you?
Porter_: hi, i pre-ordered Battlefield 3 through Origin on tuesday (3 days ago) and noticed today that Origin has a special promotion to receive a free copy of Dead Space 2 with pre-order. can you credit my account with a free copy of Dead Space 2?
Khomdrom: Could you please provide me your Order number ?
Porter_: order number is XXXXXXXXXXX
Khomdrom: Thank you for providing me the information. Please stay online while I look into your issue.
Khomdrom: Sorry to inform you that this promotion is starting from now but you have ordered the game on " Order Date: 9/13/11 9:01:10 PM CDT " .
Porter_: i can simply cancel my original order and re-order it though right?
Khomdrom: Yes , you can .
Porter_: why go through all of those steps though? can't you just credit the game to my account? less hassle for EA, less hassle for me.
Khomdrom: I am sorry but I am unable to to do so but yes I can help you cancel your order .

so now i'm working with him to cancel my original order.

edit: my trouble ticket has been escalated to "Level 2". so now i'm in another queue waiting for a new rep with a 20 minute wait time. thankfully it's a slow friday afternoon at work. just thought i'd warn anyone that's considering doing this through EA's live chat service - make sure you've got a little time to kill.
edit2: got DS2 credited to my account, see below
 
Last edited:
Gotta love whatever manager made that genius call. "No, we won't take 30 seconds to credit your account; but we will take 5-10 minutes of your AND our time to cancel it and re-order it to arrive at the same exact place!"
 
Gotta love whatever manager made that genius call. "No, we won't take 30 seconds to credit your account; but we will take 5-10 minutes of your AND our time to cancel it and re-order it to arrive at the same exact place!"

that is assuming Origin has a way of 'crediting' a free game to someone's account.
 
So is the only way to cancel the pre-order is to go onto the chat and have a Rep do it for you?
 
Yes. Stay in tonight, to not go out and get laid. Wait for the beta to come out as it for sure will be by 6 AM eastern.

Being married, I don't need to go out to get laid. I just need to listen to some bitching. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top