Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Something i've also noticed about recons, they don't even put out MAV's. Especially on Rush? The goals for that game mode are obvious, it should be easy to figure out where to hide an MAV.

Probably because they nerfed it in the last patch(es), so people can't easily rack up 50 kills on it anymore.

Coming up on 200 hours in this game. I've gotten a lot better since my earlier posts in this thread but my opinion has solidified that Battlefield 3 is at best, a mediocre Battlefield game at worst, a Call of Duty clone with vehicles. There's so much about it that pisses me off, that even when I'm enjoying it (read:winning) I'm irked about something. The only reason I still play at this point is to feel like I got my $60 worth.
Near 200, I feel the different

14876199.png

There are a lot of small things that irk me, mainly the netcode, getting killed while running behind cover. But overall "I" feel like its the best Battlefield game. I willing play on a daily basis and have a lot of fun. To have fun, you got to go to a server that is well moderated. This goes hand in hand with most FPS. With games with so many different features, playing styles, game modes, and maps its impossible to please everyone. Most people will like it and enjoy it.:D Some cant stand it and complain.:mad:

I tried to play again for the first time since they introduced PTW. Couldn't do it. Just the thought of people being able to buy all the weapons I enjoyed unlocking ruined it for me. Guess I could reinstall BC2 and see it I could get back into that.

lol bf3 is not fun and never was fun, so people quit when the treadmill ends. bad games are bad.

My love for the game has been rejuvenated since putting together my new system. For a while there I thought I was just getting old and couldn't keep up with all the action around me. Turns out, going from 25-35 fps to 50-100+ makes you quite a bit more competitive too.

My love for the game has been rejuvenated since putting together my new system. For a while there I thought I was just getting old and couldn't keep up with all the action around me. Turns out, going from 25-35 fps to 50-100+ makes you quite a bit more competitive too.

Playing at a solid 100 fps does make it feel a whole lot smoother.

Some of the biggest things that bother me is the 1. Uber suppression 2. Hit inconsistencies 3. bullet lag (getting killed behind cover)

To tell you the truth, playing on a good server makes a world of difference as well.

Do all you guys complaining about the suppression have motion blur on or something? I've never seen the suppression be so bad the way people are making it out to be. Run squad cover and it's fine.

I get my ass kicked when ever i try to use my mouse and kb

Im coming from PS3, i have a 360 controller that works but i cant help but notice how good everyone else aim is compared to mine when in a gun battle.

Anything i can do (besides playing more matches) to improve my life....

i have a G500 mouse, ive tried to map the controls to the mouse so i wouldnt have to worry about the keyboard so much, but i fail still lol

How can you play 200 hours and not really like the game? I've barely hit 75 hours, owned it from day one and I love the thing, just don't find enough time to play. :(

I get my ass kicked when ever i try to use my mouse and kb

Im coming from PS3, i have a 360 controller that works but i cant help but notice how good everyone else aim is compared to mine when in a gun battle.

Anything i can do (besides playing more matches) to improve my life....

i have a G500 mouse, ive tried to map the controls to the mouse so i wouldnt have to worry about the keyboard so much, but i fail still lol

you will always lose to kb/mouse with a controller on pc. it takes like 3-4 days to get a good handle on kb/mouse controls, suck it up and put in the time and i guarantee you'll find a greater level of control than you've ever had.

I wouldnt say always, lets not pretend that a mouse turns people into gods :)

I have another issue, my G500 mouse.

When i try to map the buttons to specific keystokes, they change in the set point program, but in game they arent recognized ?

while the best console player in the world might win against the worse mouse user, lets not pretend that if two players of the same skill level were playing eachother, the one with the mouse wouldnt come out on top 99.9% of the time.

The only reason consoles dont use mice is because its too hard and uncomfortable to use one from your lazyboy

Enjoy the controller from the couch when you want a relaxing game, if you play battlefield on PC and want to win learn how to use a mouse to aim, it will be really easy after just a few days of playing

As for setpoint, bind the buttons to Mouse 3, Mouse 4, Mouse 5. Those work in BF3 for me (older games you sometimes had to bind them to keys and then set the same key to the command in the game)

I wouldnt say always, lets not pretend that a mouse turns people into gods :)

I have another issue, my G500 mouse.

When i try to map the buttons to specific keystokes, they change in the set point program, but in game they arent recognized ?

Not gods, just better players. A PC player using a controller would get owned. A console player using a mouse would get owned. So the tie breaker is what happens when a console player using a controller is up against a PC player using a mouse. I'd say unless the OC player has his back turned, he would always get the kill

Not gods, just better players. A PC player using a controller would get owned. A console player using a mouse would get owned. So the tie breaker is what happens when a console player using a controller is up against a PC player using a mouse. I'd say unless the OC player has his back turned, he would always get the kill

Not always true. A friend of mine is a huge console gamer and is good at cod and other console FPS. He likes BF3 and was okay at it, but when he got a 360 controller to play he started doing much better.

Not always true. A friend of mine is a huge console gamer and is good at cod and other console FPS. He likes BF3 and was okay at it, but when he got a 360 controller to play he started doing much better.

He may have been doing much better against people of lower skill, but not anyone decent with a M/K. I may suck with a controller, but I would rape the shit out of anyone who tried to play against me with one. Although, I use a trackball and rape most people using a mouse as well. A controller just can't compare with a K/M in both precision and speed, and that is what counts in an FPS.

If I remember right, Microsoft tested cross-platform gaming between the Xbox and PC, and the PC people flat out murdered the Xbox guys because of KB/M.

If I remember right, Microsoft tested cross-platform gaming between the Xbox and PC, and the PC people flat out murdered the Xbox guys because of KB/M.

PC Gamer and the Official Xbox magazine are in the same building, owned by Ziff Davis. A few years back, they played deathmatch and team CTF in Halo 2 on the PC. PC Gamer used a kb/mouse, Xbox used a 360 controller, both on a PC. Even though the Xbox guys knew the maps better, they still got owned by PC Gamer, simply because without the colonization of helping player with a gamepad ("autoaim"), they just couldn't compete.

Do all you guys complaining about the suppression have motion blur on or something? I've never seen the suppression be so bad the way people are making it out to be. Run squad cover and it's fine.

Again, people aren't really complaining about the visual overlay thing with suppression, they're complaining about the way suppression as a whole has been implemented and designed.

PC Gamer and the Official Xbox magazine are in the same building, owned by Ziff Davis. A few years back, they played deathmatch and team CTF in Halo 2 on the PC. PC Gamer used a kb/mouse, Xbox used a 360 controller, both on a PC. Even though the Xbox guys knew the maps better, they still got owned by PC Gamer, simply because without the colonization of helping player with a gamepad ("autoaim"), they just couldn't compete.

I believe the halo dev team played the pc gamer guys(who had never played halo), making even more remarkably blatant that console controller < KBM

As for setpoint, bind the buttons to Mouse 3, Mouse 4, Mouse 5. Those work in BF3 for me (older games you sometimes had to bind them to keys and then set the same key to the command in the game)

Tried generic button 3,4,5 they map in game, but when i try to change weapons they dont work? i dont understand how it recognizes it now but wont work in game :mad:

Coming up on 200 hours in this game. I've gotten a lot better since my earlier posts in this thread but my opinion has solidified that Battlefield 3 is at best, a mediocre Battlefield game at worst, a Call of Duty clone with vehicles. There's so much about it that pisses me off, that even when I'm enjoying it (read:winning) I'm irked about something. The only reason I still play at this point is to feel like I got my $60 worth.

Same. I basically just play TDM now for some mindless fun because it's pretty much the only game mode where I'm not infuriatingly hindered if my team is a bunch of clueless clowns. Which is the case in 90% of games.

I have had to set myself goals and targets since B2K was released just to keep myself interested. Getting to 5 stars with each weapon, for example, has been the main thing that's kept me interested in playing. The game itself just isn't as compelling or engaging as 1942/BF2.

Same. I basically just play TDM now for some mindless fun because it's pretty much the only game mode where I'm not infuriatingly hindered if my team is a bunch of clueless clowns. Which is the case in 90% of games.

I have had to set myself goals and targets since B2K was released just to keep myself interested. Getting to 5 stars with each weapon, for example, has been the main thing that's kept me interested in playing. The game itself just isn't as compelling or engaging as 1942/BF2.

I hear ya man. I miss 42 comp.

So i finally get my side 3 buttons to work thanks to Vulcan, now my DPI buttons wont work, seems like this game is out to get me!

Okay nvm found someone else with the same problem.

They said change the buttons to w/e its mapped to in game by default.

I put my DPI increase to keystroke G and the grenade worked.

Last edited:
Anybody ever get THIS problem? I was revived as I was about to respawn, and I was somehow "alive" with the respawn screen up permanatly, i couldn't even killmyself, it was ridiculous

Yes that has happened to me a few times, luckily an admin was on each time it happened and I had him kill me through the admin console.

Last edited:
Anybody ever get THIS problem? I was revived as I was about to respawn, and I was somehow "alive" with the respawn screen up permanatly, i couldn't even killmyself, it was ridiculous

Happened to me before as well. I was able to hit the ESC key to get into the menus and when I came back to game was good to go.

Yes I've had that. I had to quit the game. I tried everything everyone was suggesting like press ESC, ~, right-click, etc and nothing worked.

Lol, no kidding. Glad I got this game as a gift, and they only paid $40, because if I had paid $60 for it I would feel extremely ripped off. I played it until rank 24 and have barely touched it since. That was several months ago.

Happened to me before as well. I was able to hit the ESC key to get into the menus and when I came back to game was good to go.

I've had that happen as well, but I had to close the game forcibly, nothing else would get me back to playing or exiting the game.

The two main things that annoy me when playing the objective game types is:

1. When it's just a sniping match. Everyone is sniping and the few that actually try to play the objective can't get anywhere because you're getting sniped all the time.

2. When people in tanks just sit back and shoot instead of rushing and shooting and everyone else is just near the back.

Just god the PDW-R and the L96. Just LOL at the PDW-R, that rapes so much, at least in hardcore. And the L96 actually makes sniping enjoyable again, kinda reminds me of BF3, feels really close to the L96 in that.

On PS3, all though frustrating, there were a ton of servers.

I switch to PC and theres 3-4 rooms with ppl in it? the rest are all empty.

Am i doing something wrong again?

Try to stick with Conquest, not a fan of Rush on this one.

Back