Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Those are all valid criticisms IMHO

A couple thoughts:

There's no way to overvalue the importance of running with a squad, whether you're just running with a few random guys or sticking with your official in-game squad. Going commando just doesn't work in this game. It's balanced that way.

As frustrating as the insta spawn deaths are, you'll also have rounds where you rack up a huge K-D ratio. It goes both ways.

And, like has been mentioned, the 700 point rape fests are usually the result of a tight team or a couple good squads on the other side. The only solution to that problem is to find some good guys to hang with.

Again, though, all those complaints are valid. Except the netcode thing. IMHO I haven't noticed any more net issues with this game than I do any other game. I'm on AT&T Uverse in the middle of the country though.

I mean, some of the stuff is literally dumbing down the gameplay.

In BC2, at least there was skill involved in taking down aircraft. The At4 was a bitch to learn how to use, but once you mastered it it was extremely effective.

There's nothing even similar in BF3. Lock on, click, and hope they don't have flares (too bad every single pilot has infinite insta-recharge ones). Literally no skill involved.

Aside from Hacking I think the Team balance is the second biggest issue.

I wonder if they didn't have the win/loss statistic if good players would be more inclined to switch to the loosing team. I play with my friends so I never get to pop over to loosing team to help out because of my dawgs.

but I can't think of too many options to resolve the Team Balance without disrupting teams too much. Maybe if there is more than 150 points difference they swap the bottom squad on the losing team with the top squad from the winning team. Though this will likely result in rage quits and frustration with getting the same side of the map twice.

Difficult resolution indeed.

Yeah, even if the teams are horribly imbalanced by player count alone. I.E. like 10 clan members on one team and 5-7 randoms on the other. Of course no one will switch, either... :rolleyes:
And how is that any different from any previous BF game, or any other online MP game ever?

...............And, like has been mentioned, the 700 point rape fests are usually the result of a tight team or a couple good squads on the other side. The only solution to that problem is to find some good guys to hang with..

the 700 point is due to a team of cheaters . today it was a cheaters fest on all servers I go except one. I like metro and market....and it's look it's their you have the most of them as you have more peoples to kill in a small area.

IMO team balance is the biggest problem in this game and sadly it is one that can be solved unlike hacking where they will never get ahead of all the cheats. They just need to be creative and perhaps they need to alter the point system so their is some reward for helping out the losing team. For instance maybe there is a pool of points divided amoung players so being a good player on the losing team is better than being an average player on the winning team. Also an option to disable public viewing of your stats might be nice so more people can not care about stats.

And for the record I never played any previous BF game but I have played lots of team games all the way back to TFC and I can say BF3 has the worst team stacking issues I have ever seen. It seems like everything in this game says stacking teams has to happen.

Not that stats matter the leader boards are full of cheaters.

IMO team balance is the biggest problem in this game and sadly it is one that can be solved unlike hacking where they will never get ahead of all the cheats. They just need to be creative and perhaps they need to alter the point system so their is some reward for helping out the losing team. For instance maybe there is a pool of points divided amoung players so being a good player on the losing team is better than being an average player on the winning team. Also an option to disable public viewing of your stats might be nice so more people can not care about stats.

And for the record I never played any previous BF game but I have played lots of team games all the way back to TFC and I can say BF3 has the worst team stacking issues I have ever seen. It seems like everything in this game says stacking teams has to happen.

Not that stats matter the leader boards are full of cheaters.

Even just auto-balance of number of players would help. I don't understand why so many servers won't balance team numbers at least - I know it sucks to get swapped, but didn't BF2 swap non-squaded guys first anyway? I'm tired of getting routed and then checking the scoreboard to see my team is playing 12 on 16.

As for encouraging people to switch voluntarily, maybe changing the MVP ribbon rules to be the top 2 on each team instead of just the top 3 period - so at least you could be MVP on a losing team.

Ya you know what is even more funny I was in a server where the teams got stacked in my favor, I was playing with 2 friends and I convinced them to switch to the other team to even it out. Well the server would not let us switch. Like I said almost everything in this game forces stacked teams. DICE has a fundamental flaw in game design that is really bad for the game. It is far worse than IRNV or any of the other issues.

I like the idea of 2 MVP ribbons for the losing team as well. I notice in general the winning team typically scores about double the points. That is not trivial it means if you stick to winning teams you can unlock in half the time.

Also as you saw a ton of times I see 3, 4, 5 player differences when you get to those levels you can swap a whole squad.

I recommend Assault if for no other reason because I hardly EVER see any other assault players these days. Mostly it's all Support running around with the M249 + Bipod + IRNV rape combo, or Engineers with the SCAR.

Either that, or none of the Assault players I see either a) have the Medkit equipped or b) ever throw down the Medkit.

I mostly play Assault...though I do play other classes, depending on what my squad/team needs. The only way I play Assault is as a Medic. I can rack up a shitload of points just by healing/reviving because on more than one occasion I've gotten only 4 or 5 kills in a round but wind up being on top of the scoreboard purely from healing and reviving.

Even just auto-balance of number of players would help. I don't understand why so many servers won't balance team numbers at least - I know it sucks to get swapped, but didn't BF2 swap non-squaded guys first anyway? I'm tired of getting routed and then checking the scoreboard to see my team is playing 12 on 16.

This. No issues with getting separated from my platoon yet on one of our regular auto-balancing servers so i guess it's working. And it only swaps the last guy that joined the server.

I decided that I want 40" of BF3, has anybody else been playing on a big screen connected to their PC?

I decided that I want 40" of BF3, has anybody else been playing on a big screen connected to their PC?

I tried with my wife's hdtv but it's very uncomfortable. Never been a console person so I can't do TVs.

I tried with my wife's hdtv but it's very uncomfortable. Never been a console person so I can't do TVs.

Not a console person either, but the TV is nice and big though. I might end up using 3x22" LCD's and eyefinity if possible.

I mostly play Assault...though I do play other classes, depending on what my squad/team needs. The only way I play Assault is as a Medic. I can rack up a shitload of points just by healing/reviving because on more than one occasion I've gotten only 4 or 5 kills in a round but wind up being on top of the scoreboard purely from healing and reviving.

I just did that. I was in top 10 every game, even though it was my first 5 games in BF3, and my k/d was under .5 lol I figured the same leveling strategy I used in BC2 would work here, and so far so good.

I like it so far, but maaan leveling is slow. I am just getting pwned with the first rank weapons. It wasn't until I picked up someone else's kit that I actually got some kills. I can already tell my k/d is going to be nonexistent in this game lol.

Also, wtf is up with everyone using the PKP with the IRNV? I must have gotten killed by that thing every couple of minutes.

New attachment unlock! Limited edition!

Link

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Took me 2 hours to get the game to launch fallowed by a dozen crashes...then only worked in window mode.
finaly get into a game....cheaters, bloody admin cheaters. Guy went 77-4 in metro using a LMG against the wall...just firing into the wall, massacring everyone all over the map.

game is very love or hate. It either works and i great, or refuses to work...its more stubborn then Oprah walking away from a cheesecake.

Would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

while zoomed in using any of the lower magnification scopes eg. 3.4x, 3.5x, 4.0x either standing or crouching, when you tap the left or right strafe buttons (a,d) anyone else get a slight stutter?

while zoomed in using any of the lower magnification scopes eg. 3.4x, 3.5x, 4.0x either standing or crouching, when you tap the left or right strafe buttons (a,d) anyone else get a slight stutter?

Yes. Running 11.11a drivers, 11.11 cap 2 app profiles on 5970, 120hz monitor.

I have played on a 54" plasma with HT, but that is more in the living room I prefer the FW900s at my desk.

Well I'm going to come out and say it.

I'm not having fun playing Battlefield 3. I think I'm going to put it away for a couple of months and give it a try later.

I'm a longtime competitive gamer going back to when Source first came out. I played Cal O and Cal M. I played the Battlefield series from 1942 all the way up to BC2. In source pubs I can throw up a 10:1 kd ratio without a sweat, and in BC2 I cannot remember the last time I wasn't first place in the server.

I realize that BF3 isn't about kills and deaths, and I try to capture points as best I can. But I'm just going to throw this out there - I get raped no matter what.

My BC2 accuracy with a sniper is around 40%. In BF3, it's like 20. More times than not, I spawn and instantly die. When I'm playing engineer, I can't kill tanks before I run out of rockets. I'll hit the damn things five times and nothing happens, not even a disable. Maybe it's just the SMAW that sucks and when I'm level uber 50 I'll get a better RPG. Dunno. When I get in the tanks, I die after two rocket shots. I just don't understand it.

Speaking of rockets, infantry is helpless against aircraft. Like, literally helpless. I've shot off stinger after stinger and never once gotten a kill. My overall Stinger accuracy is 4 - FOUR percent. This is what I could do in BC2 with the AT4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwCpJTVLHw

I get killed by four things: by a M294B with IR, G36C with IR, a shotgun with a SNIPER SCOPE ATTACHED that can outsnipe my SV98, and tanks. Problem is, 95% of people use one of those combinations. Yet for some reason when I try to whore them, I get raped.

Hitboxes are good - improved from BC2 actually - but netcode sucks. I'm on a 50mbps fiber connection and get one shotted and die before the animation of them raising their gun even plays.

The LAV should not be able to mow down entire waves of enemies from sniping distance.

There needs to be a better team balancing system. My last five games today I've been on the losing end of 700-0 rapefests. I'll be in first place on the team and like 4-21.

Anyway, I realize most of you disagree with me but I'm just frustrated and wanted to vent. I typically dominate FPS's but am struggling like hell to maintain even a positive KDR in this game. It's just not fun to constantly die by bullshit things happening. Today I was climbing a rock (did NOT fall) and randomly died by "bad luck."

This, combined with serious, game-breaking punkbuster and Origin issues, makes it simply not a fun game. Maybe in a few months I'll be able to join a game without:

You have been disconnected from EA Online
Punkbuster kicked for ignoring queries
Punkbuster kicked for prior ban (1 minute remaining)
Random black screens with the game freezing
Random crashes to desktop
Stuck waiting for host when friend initiates party join
Origin thinking my friends are offline when they are not

Until then, it's just not a fun game.

As a previous competitive Quake and CS player, I went through almost all of what you posted above. I'll try and hit on some main points:

Don't play recon in BF3, it sucks. I started out BF3 as Recon and I was hating life. I used to own at Recon in BC2, but BF3 it's just a crappy class. 95% of the people that play Recon post in the lower half of the scoreboard routinely that I see. Sure there are some exceptions and people make it work, but the class stinks. Shooting slow RPG sized sniper rounds with high drop and scope glint is just super lame. Ah, I miss the days of completely raping with the VSS. :D

Spawn points in BF3 are just horrible, something you have to deal with. You have to accept that a good portion of the time you are going to die right when you spawn. Hopefully they will fix this.

Killing armor with RPG/SMAW is all about location location location! If you routinely hit a tank in the front, it takes like 5 RPG's to kill it and you won't even dent it if there is an engineer behind repairing. You can kill a tank in only two hits if you hit it at a perpendicular angle to the tanks rear.

And yes, DICE completely ruined an already under powered asset, the anti-air MANPADs. They are completely worthless.

You are right about the FOTM combos. M249 + foregrip and IRNV, etc. These guys are a dime a dozen because it is complete cheese easy to play. The support LMG's are way to easy and accurate to use with the foregrip. Toss in that lame IRNV and you have yourself one cluster of noob town..

You mention the netcode lag. OMG I hate this with a passion. It's like the servers are two seconds behind what you do at all times. My favorite his ducking behind cover, then it says my I was killed by that guy I saw two seconds ago and my body lays knowhere in his line of sight. Just truly horrible netcode lag.

Oh and I am one of those armor guys that can mow people down with things like the LAV. If you know how to use armor, you can seriously tear some stuff up! That is until some over powered heli-pilot ruins your day. :D

And on the stability issues, youa re dead on. This game is the worst I've seen in that regard in a looong time. It usually takes me like 5-minutes of the DICE dance to even successful join a game.

Random crash to desktops

That is fun stuff right there. Even with all that though, I love playing this game! :eek:

Oh and on public servers I pretty much just run solo and only use squad mates to spawn off of. With no voice com's, its usually a liability not an asset to have them around. With my heavy Quake death-match experience, I am used to operating on my own and I do pretty good at it. Now if I was actually in a clan working on voice coms, of course squad play is key.

And how is that any different from any previous BF game, or any other online MP game ever?

Because most other games have team auto-balance. I've heard that BF3 does, but I have played for many hours and I have NEVER seen a server that employed it. So either it does not exist, or every server admin is a complete fucktard.

Never really thought I would say, but I agree wholeheartedly with CP3. Probably am not going to play this much if at all until the balance issues are fixed, if ever. It was fun at first but as time wears on and people start figuring out hacks and which combos are ultimate rape, it just becomes tedious and infuriating. I would say that I don't suck at pretty much any FPS game, but getting killed over and over in BF3 due to shoddy balance is just maddening.

Ya you know what is even more funny I was in a server where the teams got stacked in my favor, I was playing with 2 friends and I convinced them to switch to the other team to even it out. Well the server would not let us switch.

I'm not sure if this is an issue, but you have to be dead for it to let you switch teams. It will be greyed out otherwise. Which means, if you are alive you have to first suicide and then go Switch Team. It's worked every time for me. People are just either assholes or too lazy to do it it seems.

Yes. Running 11.11a drivers, 11.11 cap 2 app profiles on 5970, 120hz monitor.

I've tried multiple different drivers for my 6990 and different ingame video settings but its all the same outcome. I'm beginning to think its not how the game is and not any driver/video settings. Wondering if anyone else is getting this problem.

Is there a way to automate the following performance booster?

Bring up task manager, right click bf3.exe, go down to priority, set to Above Normal. This gives me an easy +10 fps and makes the game way more enjoyable on my 560 Ti. Setting it to Real Time or whatever the next setting up was turned out to be counter-productive though since it fucked up stuff like making the mouse input stutter.

http://mp1st.com/2011/11/30/list-of...ance-updates-dice-looks-to-fans-for-feedback/

Awesome:

Increased the damage the MBT’s primary weapon does to other main battle tanks. (Yay, more SPM for us armor guys)
Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters. (Bout 'time)
Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares. (Bout 'time)
Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor. (Good)

The bad:

Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs. (Dang, they are already quite powerful)
Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool. (Doh)!
Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4. (Oh no, engineer nurfs going to come in packages now) :mad:
Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry. (Engineer nurf #3 in one patch)!
Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry. (Definitely didn't need this buff as the explosion radius vs infantry was already huge)

All good things:

Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.

Some good changes, but the engineer definitely taking it up the poop'r in this patch.

Last edited:
Spawn protection? LOL On high player count TDM matches I've died before my screen even shows me spawned. I get a flicker of the game then dead. What spawn protection?

http://mp1st.com/2011/11/30/list-of...ance-updates-dice-looks-to-fans-for-feedback/

Awesome:

Increased the damage the MBT’s primary weapon does to other main battle tanks. (Yay, more SPM for us armor guys)
Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters. (Bout 'time)
Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares. (Bout 'time)
Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor. (Good)

The bad:

Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs. (Dang, they are already quite powerful)
Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4. (Oh no, engineer nurfs going to come in packages now) :mad:
Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry. (Engineer nurf #3 in one patch)!
Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry. (Definitely didn't need this buff as the explosion radius vs infantry was already huge)

All good things:

Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.

Some good changes, but the engineer definitely taking it up the poop'r in this patch.

You can't be serious about this one being a con. Rocket spam vs infantry is just atrocious.

Also, slowing the repair speed is also good. It is REALLY fast.

BF3 was supposed to "save" PC gaming and quite frankly I am about done with the PC because of it. Having numerous connection issues- 9 x out of 10 I can't connect to a server. The new patch just made things worse for me. I give up- tried different drivers, firewall settings, even swapped video cards between a 5870 and GTX 460. Almost all my friends have migrated to consoles now and I don't have the time to sit there and troubleshoot all these issues. I fired up BF3 on my Xbox- absolutely no issues- got into a game in less then a minute. Sure BF3 looks like crap on the Xbox, but I had a blast playing and it freakin worked. There is really no incentive for me right now to keep investing in my PC. PC versions of Rage, BF3, Batman, MW3, Saints Row 3, etc have not offered enough incentive over the console versions to justify all this frustration. Oh, BTW- Bad Company 2 works perfectly on my PC.

You can't be serious about this one being a con. Rocket spam vs infantry is just atrocious.

Also, slowing the repair speed is also good. It is REALLY fast.

Agree on both. Specially if you get extended ammo... you never run out of rockets. You shouldn't be able to ammo up to 10 rockets total, it's totally rape against infantry and a non stop spam by 1 guy.

Remember how long it took in bf2? BF3 it's pretty much an instant repair. Which is annoying in smaller rush maps where you'd have 1 guy always repairing his AA while your side can't take it out because of it and your chopper gets constantly owned because of it, not really too fair.

And yes. there is balance, I don't know if many servers have it enabled though. I have had many instances where I'd get balanced over to a team getting dominated just because i was last to join :(.

Well I'm going to come out and say it.

I'm not having fun playing Battlefield 3. I think I'm going to put it away for a couple of months and give it a try later.

I'm a longtime competitive gamer going back to when Source first came out. I played Cal O and Cal M. I played the Battlefield series from 1942 all the way up to BC2. In source pubs I can throw up a 10:1 kd ratio without a sweat, and in BC2 I cannot remember the last time I wasn't first place in the server.

I realize that BF3 isn't about kills and deaths, and I try to capture points as best I can. But I'm just going to throw this out there - I get raped no matter what.

My BC2 accuracy with a sniper is around 40%. In BF3, it's like 20. More times than not, I spawn and instantly die. When I'm playing engineer, I can't kill tanks before I run out of rockets. I'll hit the damn things five times and nothing happens, not even a disable. Maybe it's just the SMAW that sucks and when I'm level uber 50 I'll get a better RPG. Dunno. When I get in the tanks, I die after two rocket shots. I just don't understand it.

Also, as others have said try and stay away from Recon unless you're using the UMP-45 or similar. I loved the rifles in the beta because most of the Assault class ARs handled strangely, but now they've been tweaked I don't find Recon brings much to the table. I think I've only played about an hour of recon in 40 hours of gametime.

Speaking of rockets, infantry is helpless against aircraft. Like, literally helpless. I've shot off stinger after stinger and never once gotten a kill. My overall Stinger accuracy is 4 - FOUR percent. This is what I could do in BC2 with the AT4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwCpJTVLHw

I get killed by four things: by a M294B with IR, G36C with IR, a shotgun with a SNIPER SCOPE ATTACHED that can outsnipe my SV98, and tanks. Problem is, 95% of people use one of those combinations. Yet for some reason when I try to whore them, I get raped.

Hitboxes are good - improved from BC2 actually - but netcode sucks. I'm on a 50mbps fiber connection and get one shotted and die before the animation of them raising their gun even plays.

The LAV should not be able to mow down entire waves of enemies from sniping distance.

There needs to be a better team balancing system. My last five games today I've been on the losing end of 700-0 rapefests. I'll be in first place on the team and like 4-21.

Anyway, I realize most of you disagree with me but I'm just frustrated and wanted to vent. I typically dominate FPS's but am struggling like hell to maintain even a positive KDR in this game. It's just not fun to constantly die by bullshit things happening. Today I was climbing a rock (did NOT fall) and randomly died by "bad luck."

This, combined with serious, game-breaking punkbuster and Origin issues, makes it simply not a fun game. Maybe in a few months I'll be able to join a game without:

Punkbuster kicked for ignoring queries
Punkbuster kicked for prior ban (1 minute remaining)
Random crashes to desktop
Stuck waiting for host when friend initiates party join
Origin thinking my friends are offline when they are not

Until then, it's just not a fun game.

Had the same thing since I came to the game about three weeks late and kept getting rolled around. I'm no special player but I pick games up faster than most so if I play from release I am generally consistently top of all scoreboards, until I lose interest and resort to dicking around and ruining my stats.

Persevere, if you can. You can rank up exceptionally quickly in BF3 and although all the weapons - pleasingly - do the same damage when firing the same calibre round, some of them behave very differently and when you get to the M240/M249/UMP-45/SCAR-H/M416/AEK levels things make a huge u-turn. It's also a case of learning the maps.

The bad:

Those all sound perfect to me. I don't know what game you've been playing, but the Javelin is generally accepted as being piss-poor compared to the RPG/SMAW due to the lock-on time and the fact that it still does the same amount of damage. Repair speed downturn is good too, as it's far too easy to keep a tank alive with the Disable mechanic they've implemented, and the self-healing vehicles. Heli gunners is one of those things where I always seem to get taken out easily as infantry but need to rinse them as a gunner because of the apparently low splash radius, so that seems cool too.

All looks pretty good to me.

Also: "Increased the close range damage maximum range of 9x39mm ammo". Good. Let's hope they eventually get around to making it as powerful as the 7.62x39 which is HALF THE FUCKING MASS

Last edited:
Had the same thing since I came to the game about three weeks late and kept getting rolled around. I'm no special player but I pick games up faster than most so if I play from release I am generally consistently top of all scoreboards, until I lose interest and resort to dicking around and ruining my stats.

Persevere, if you can. You can rank up exceptionally quickly in BF3 and although all the weapons - pleasingly - do the same damage when firing the same calibre round, some of them behave very differently and when you get to the M240/M249/UMP-45/SCAR-H/M416/AEK levels things make a huge u-turn. It's also a case of learning the maps.

Exactly. I got the game 3 weeks late and am now lvl26, yet I never really felt as if I was getting raped due to disadvantage. Yea, you get useful unlocks for your guns and new guns, but even starting out, your guns are pretty good. You don't really need to be a higher level to be on par with others, I consistently got top scores not even being level 10. I find this game fun and pretty well balanced, with no players having too much of an advantage being a higher rank.

Listening to this guy was painful, what an idiot.

Ya, that video was perfect. I've always imagined IRNV users as lazy, nasal-whinny fat guys and that video confirmed it. I really want to edit some audio quotes out of that video.

The bad:
Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry.

WTF they want it a Helicopter mass murdered games..... I will stick on city maps with no such thing as helicopter, This rat of developper make a game for him or what

Ya, that video was perfect. I've always imagined IRNV users as lazy, nasal-whinny fat guys and that video confirmed it. I really want to edit some audio quotes out of that video.

he is hacking like hell, is gun have no recoil, and why I can't find the stats of this guy and his friend voice chating with him ?

Last edited:
Because most other games have team auto-balance. I've heard that BF3 does, but I have played for many hours and I have NEVER seen a server that employed it. So either it does not exist, or every server admin is a complete fucktard.

Never really thought I would say, but I agree wholeheartedly with CP3. Probably am not going to play this much if at all until the balance issues are fixed, if ever. It was fun at first but as time wears on and people start figuring out hacks and which combos are ultimate rape, it just becomes tedious and infuriating. I would say that I don't suck at pretty much any FPS game, but getting killed over and over in BF3 due to shoddy balance is just maddening.

find good servers, some have lax'er autobalance due to it breaking up party joins

I've tried multiple different drivers for my 6990 and different ingame video settings but its all the same outcome. I'm beginning to think its not how the game is and not any driver/video settings. Wondering if anyone else is getting this problem.

AFAIK the 6990 is a known issue and they are 'working on it'

probably because the engineer is 3/4ths of the damn battlefield right now, they get good guns and rockets and can repair.

Those all sound perfect to me. I don't know what game you've been playing, but the Javelin is generally accepted as being piss-poor compared to the RPG/SMAW due to the lock-on time and the fact that it still does the same amount of damage. Repair speed downturn is good too, as it's far too easy to keep a tank alive with the Disable mechanic they've implemented, and the self-healing vehicles. Heli gunners is one of those things where I always seem to get taken out easily as infantry but need to rinse them as a gunner because of the apparently low splash radius, so that seems cool too.

All looks pretty good to me.

Also: "Increased the close range damage maximum range of 9x39mm ammo". Good. Let's hope they eventually get around to making it as powerful as the 7.62x39 which is HALF THE FUCKING MASS

pretty much all this. people cried about the medic being OP in BC2, well the Engi is the medic of BF3.

as for other classes, maybe the M249 is too OP, but it seems like the only decent Support gun you unlock(tho I dont have the M60 yet) dunno what I would do as support of they nerf the M249 right now so I am getting some base gun unlocks

Back