Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

I'm fine with my preorder price actually. I think it was $42 or $43?

Origin would charge me 12% tax, and Amazon US isn't available to me.

So Back to Karkand (since I played BF2) and the month of play time is worth that ~$9 difference.

Sadly that just lends more evidence to my opinion which is that stats should have never played a major role in this game anyway. I honestly don't care how people get their unlocks (other than hacks of course). Unlocks are nice because it gives you a personal goal to work toward and keep you playing, but forcing that process to be more tedious than it needs to be is just kind of insulting.

It shouldn't be some giant ePeen festival. That's not the purpose of a game.

For better or worse, I suspect games will become more and more persistent and online in the future, even single player ones.

While stat tracking can be fun and informative, at the same time it also tends to bring out some of the worse qualities of human behavior.

I'm fine with my preorder price actually. I think it was $42 or $43?

Origin would charge me 12% tax, and Amazon US isn't available to me.

So Back to Karkand (since I played BF2) and the month of play time is worth that ~$9 difference.

For better or worse, I suspect games will become more and more persistent and online in the future, even single player ones.

While stat tracking can be fun and informative, at the same time it also tends to bring out some of the worse qualities of human behavior.

That is true on all points (pre-order and stats), and like I said that's just my opinion. I've been a fan of the "true" Battlefield series since BF1942 (not BC and the like) and I really want to love this game...and I did, for awhile. But lately it is just feeling more and more like BC2, stats whoring, hackers, and unresolved balance issues. I haven't even played it in like a week or something. I am still hopeful that after some patches and the hackers get bored it will be a great game, but until then I can't see myself playing more than a match or two every so often.

After the patch the game now crashes without fail on every first attempt to join any server. Props to DICE for making one of their most unstable releases even more unstable.

On a more positive note I have now perfected my MAV whoring skills to cause maximum aggravation to the opposing team.

Awesome deal but kind of a slap in the face to people who bought the game a month ago for full price.

a month ago...lol, I purchase my second copy yesterday at $ 59.99 at Wal-Mart ....:mad:

Well.. If you preordered you get karkand for free. But yes I agree, it sucks. But why not buy a second copy? Lol.

that's what piss me off, I pre-order it last April to have the B to Karkand for free, guess what, the one I purchase yesterday have it too. the only thing the pre-purchase give me more is the free choice of 3 games, so I get a second copy of Medal of Honors that I don't play anyway. Ah ya and the right to play the Beta 2 days before other.

But lately it is just feeling more and more like BC2, stats whoring, hackers, and unresolved balance issues. .

I have never thing other way, this is BC3 , with jets and a different SP

On a more positive note I have now perfected my MAV whoring skills to cause maximum aggravation to the opposing team.

I get kill 2 times in a match by a MAV in metro , and the dog tag of the guy said 512 MAV kills......... how the guy can spam a new MAV as it get destroy after kill 1 or 2 persons ?????, can he get one from a support ammo bag ?

Last edited:
I get kill 2 times in a match by a MAV in metro , and the dog tag of the guy said 512 MAV kills......... how the guy can spam a new MAV as it get destroy after kill 1 or 2 persons ?????, can he get one from a support ammo bag ?

The kills shown on the MAV dog tag are spotted enemies which are killed by the player and team mates, it does not represent the total amount of road kills scored with the MAV.

But yes, the MAV can be resupplied using the support ammo crate.

It's anything the leaderboard, I understand they reset their stats, but they have a bug with the system for sure

score1.jpg

RPG/MAW/T90/M1 Abrams deal 45 damage to Growler ITVS, no matter what direction they are being shot from.
Against Tunguska or LAD-AD Antiair they deal 31 damage from any direction.
Hand grenades do damage to helicopters but not to tanks.

Damage to tanks is different from different angles as chart shows.

The degree is taken from the angle where the projectile hits the vehicle, not the angle where you are standing.
If you would shoot like blue arrow shows, damage would be 22,
when in orange arrow's case it would be 36.

Areas where side, rear and front zones begin and end are not EXACTLY accurate, but its not far from that.

When shooting from straight above to middle of tank, damage is probably going to be same than to sides (22-36) depending on angle. Shooting from above or under the tank doesn't make difference to damage, only the horizontal angle does.

The direction where the turret is facing doesn't make any difference, rear is still rear even when shooting to the turret.

The damage for shots between angles 45 and 90 degrees is growing linearly. You can calculate the damage 'easily' for specific angle with following formula:

Damage = x+((y-x)/(v-z)*(a-z))

An example:
Angle in degrees: 71 (a)
Minium damage: 22 (x)
Maximum damage: 36(y)
Degree of minium damage: 45 (z)
Degree of maximum damage: 90 (v)

Damage = 22+((36-22)/(90-45)*(71-45))

Or step by step:
36 - 22 = 14
90 - 45 = 45
71 - 45 = 26
14 / 45 = 0,3111...
0,3111 * 26 = 8,0886
22 + 8,0886 = 30,0886

Damage from angle of 71 (or 109) degrees is around 30.

262l16p.png

Nice chart and graph.
Thanks for posting that.

The games earlier were great. Four guys, consistently getting past everyone in several 64 player metro games and capping all three flags.

Having clanmates is awesome!

I'm still confused with all this unlock rant I see from places, I get killed by a wide array of weapons. It's still earlier and I see people pretty much have their favorite weapons they use from rank to rank even though unlocking newer weapons.

It's so early, I think the level of progression that BF3 has is pretty damn good compared to BC2, that and I think they put a lot more into level design. even on the streamlined maps in BF3 I don't feel like I'm fenced in like I did in BC2.

Yeah BF3 compared to BC2 is big step up. At the start I was little scared that it will be like BF2, not like BC2 but they took the best of both games and made BF3 which is amazing.

I haven't played BF series since 1942 (My all time fav). What I particularly liked about it is you could setup you own home server for multiplayer say if you jsut wanted to play family members in your home network. Is that option available in BF3? Or are you fored to join existing servers. That is a deal breaker for me. Don't want to buy the game only to find out you can't create your own home multiplayer server for free.

I haven't played BF series since 1942 (My all time fav). What I particularly liked about it is you could setup you own home server for multiplayer say if you jsut wanted to play family members in your home network. Is that option available in BF3? Or are you fored to join existing servers. That is a deal breaker for me. Don't want to buy the game only to find out you can't create your own home multiplayer server for free.

NOPE

Weird. I hope they'll do something with it.

ok the online chat was no available, but i use the call me back , and guess what they call me 2 minutes after. So they will refund me this one ( will see my cc statement in few days) , I have create a new origin account before re purchase it with the new account name. I'm still surprise we can Order it in Canada, as we don't have Black Friday here. ( at least not in Quebec) . So now we gone be 3 in the same squad...lol all true my nefew is not battlefield type, he still wait for Diablo II , III, IV or what even number they are now ...

Thanks man. So much for newer being better. I defintely won't be getting/playing this game then.
Good luck finding any multiplayer game nowadays that will give you LAN functionality. Very few of them left, and most of the AAA titles won't let you.

Man, lot of fuckwits have been whoring tanks recently. Bunch of low ranking tards that would rather sit back and attempt to shell people instead of acting as a force multiplier. Now I know why Vega was so vehement about everything. :p

Man, lot of fuckwits have been whoring tanks recently. Bunch of low ranking tards that would rather sit back and attempt to shell people instead of acting as a force multiplier. Now I know why Vega was so vehement about everything. :p

When I start to read that post I tough it was him.....:D all true with is shema we better not sit in a tank if he is on the opposite team ,

good job Vega on your shema, I will look less noob now when I'm gone try to destroy a tank

You are right...:(

The only vehicle that should be ok to leave camped somewhere is the AA, and that is only because they need to be able to see the sky. Even then they shouldn't be camped in the main base and should occasionally move about.

What people don't seem to realize with tanks is that if they help push forward with them, they will have plenty of infantry and possibly several engineers to back them up. In the meantime they even things up or even swing it in their team's favor.

When I start to read that post I tough it was him.....:D all true with is shema we better not sit in a tank if he is on the opposite team ,

good job Vega on your shema, I will look less noob now when I'm gone try to destroy a tank

I know English is not your native language, but I have no idea what you just said. :D

I like drugs too! :)

I know English is not your native language, but I have no idea what you just said. :D

I just compliment you on the nice graphic you post, I also said that since you know very much where to shoot a tank, we better not be in this tank ...lol :D

I like drugs too! :)

the only drugs I take it's this F..K asthma inhaler that cost me $ 120 a month :mad:, results of the 30 years of customers computers dust I put in my lung every time I clean one...

Last edited:
Hand grenades do damage to helicopters but not to tanks.

This is actually incorrect. The other night I had 2 squad mates fire RPG at a tank, as I simultaneously through a grenade (I was support). My grenade blew up the tank and killed both occupants inside.

I'll admit grenades are very weak against tank, but they do inflict a small amount of damage.

Get disconect 2 times for lost connection ( server time out) , both near the end of the round, f...k PB crap

This is actually incorrect. The other night I had 2 squad mates fire RPG at a tank, as I simultaneously through a grenade (I was support). My grenade blew up the tank and killed both occupants inside.

I'll admit grenades are very weak against tank, but they do inflict a small amount of damage.

Are you sure the tank didn't just blow up at the same time your grenade went off? If the tanks get real low on HP (on fire) they will blow up by themselves. Is the only damage you did to the tank was the grenade (you didn't hit it with anything else)? Did you get any vehicle destroy points with that sole grenade, and if so, how many?

Are you sure the tank didn't just blow up at the same time your grenade went off? If the tanks get real low on HP (on fire) they will blow up by themselves. Is the only damage you did to the tank was the grenade (you didn't hit it with anything else)? Did you get any vehicle destroy points with that sole grenade, and if so, how many?
After watching that youtube vid posted earlier showing a tank damage counter not budging after the tank parked on the grenade, I agree with you. My experience with tanks is the same.

I think it might appear that you killed the tank with a grenade, if the occupants jumped out at the last second and got hit by the grenade blast at the same time the tank itself blew up, making it look like you took it out.

Positive, I got points for destroying the tank, and points for killing the occupants. In fact, the driver of the tank then started to complain that I'm a hacker because there's "no way" a grenade could blow him up in a tank. What he didn't see was the two squad mates of mine simultaneously pelting him with rockets as my nade went off.

I also did not fire any more weapons. The tank was trying to kill me while I was behind cover, I jumped out, tossed the nade, and took cover again. About 2 seconds later the tank exploded and I got the kill.

I just watched a comprehensive youtube video on tank damage, and the video clearly shows the tank taking zero damage from the hand grenade. The way I see it, there's two possibilities here:

1: My nade hit the tank doing zero damage just before the tank exploded, causing the server to give the kill credit to me.

2: Perhaps tanks take nade damage while they are disabled.

finally fix my problem it was the router.

This morning I place my son computer on the same table as mine, It's f__king amazing, side by side with dominate the maps totally, no need of headset. As example if he dies, I look at the kill cam on his monitor, and I go directly kill the guy and revive my son, it's a legal cheat.....lol…….. I need to find 2 mores players and put the computer together,,,,,,,, thing is sure I have a i5-750 (4ghz) and a gtx 480 ( on water ) doing nothing , I will put it with our PC to be use by a visitor, at $ 30 I ordered a 4th one...

You are right...:(

The only vehicle that should be ok to leave camped somewhere is the AA, and that is only because they need to be able to see the sky. Even then they shouldn't be camped in the main base and should occasionally move about.

What people don't seem to realize with tanks is that if they help push forward with them, they will have plenty of infantry and possibly several engineers to back them up. In the meantime they even things up or even swing it in their team's favor.

It all depends on the scenario. Tanks are excellent rushing tools most of the time in Caspian, but I have played many matches where a solid team of engineers can render tanks almost completely useless.
I played last night and the enemy team basically had all our vehicles stuck in our base. Mines, Javelins paired with SOFLAM and real solid teamwork cut our armor down.
We eventually battled it out enough to get through, but we spent a solid 30min locked in our base.

I tell ya, the SOLAM + Javelin combo can put armor out of commission real fast. You get an enemy squad that really knows how to work tougher and your really going to be wishing the fixed the voice chat :)

Back