Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

This is awesome!!! I tried this and my game is looking much much better :) (Special Thanks to mr_nothin)

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand Gameplay Premiere Trailer

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand Gameplay Premiere Trailer

Before
sunbloomcolourgrade.jpg

After
nosun.jpg

This is what I have in my PC - Copy this into your injFX_Settings.h file Sorry for the spam

Copy this into your injFX_Settings.h file
/*========================================================================== ============
"USER" ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS
=========================================================================== ===========*/

// TODO: Normalize values to be on a human range scale, whole numbers prefered, decimals usable for micro adjustments
// These values should have min/max limit checks included in their functions, so that the end user doesn't get crazy results

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILTER SELECTION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
// Comment to deactivate an effect.
// Example: To disable the tonemap effect, use // in front of #define USE_TONEMAP
#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
//#define USE_BLOOM
//#define USE_TECHNICOLOR
#define USE_TONEMAP
//#define USE_SEPIA
//#define USE_VIGNETTE
//#define USE_POST_SHARPEN
//#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FXAA SHADER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
// Set values to calculate the amount of Anti Aliasing applied
float fxaaQualitySubpix = 1.00; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.012; // Lower the value for more smoothing
float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.012; // Lower the value for more smoothing

PRE_SHARPEN
//For higher precision in the calculation of contour, requires slightly more processing power
bool highQualitySharpen = 1; //0 = Disable | 1 = Enable

// Set values to calculate the amount of AA produced blur to consider for the sharpening pass
#define Average 0.20
#define CoefBlur 1

// Set values of the sharpening amount
#define SharpenEdge 1.2
#define Sharpen_val0 0.5

BLOOM

TECHNICOLOR
#define TechniAmount 0.3 // 1.00 = Max
#define TechniPower 6.0 // lower values = whitening

// lower values = stronger channel
#define redNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.7 // 1.00 = Max
#define blueNegativeAmount 0.7 // 1.00 = Max

TONEMAP
#define Gamma 1.00
#define Exposure 0.00
#define Saturation 0.10 // use negative values for less saturation.
#define BlueShift 0.05 // Higher = more blue in image.
#define Bleach 0.10 // Bleach bypass, higher = stronger effect
#define Defog 0.00 // Strength of Lens Colors.
#define FogColor float4(0.08, 0.10, 0.10, 4.0) //Lens-style color filters for Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

SEPIA
#define Earthyellow // Color Tone, available tones can be seen in ColorTones.PNG (Do not use spaces in the name!)
#define GreyPower 1 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the grey color you wish to blend in
#define SepiaPower 1.2 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the color tone you wish to blend in

VIGNETTE
// Vignette effect, process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of the image, like a picture frame
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // Center of screen for effect.
#define VignetteRadius 0.9 // lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -0.50 // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

POST_SHARPEN
// Controls additional sharpening applied after previous processing. Strength should be max 0.25!
float Sharpen = 0.01;

FINAL_LIMITER
// Controls the strenght of the limiter. 1.000 for default setting
int LimiterStrenght = 1.000;

Ranked up to level 21 last night. Played 22 hours, I am about at a rank an hour. Probably the best game I've ever played. Been killing it with the m416 and acog. Those infared sites are like a hack. So powerful. I can kill people from so far away on hardcore.

I thought the Javelin was supposed to have the top-attack missile flight mode instead of just direct-attack.

Last edited:
Ranked up to level 21 last night. Played 22 hours, I am about at a real an hour. Probably the best game I've ever played. Been killing it with the m416 and acog. Those infared sites are like a hack. So powerful. I can kill people from so far away on hardcore.

I thought the Javelin was supposed to have the top-attack missile flight mode instead of just direct-attack.

The SOFLAM allows it to top attack or you can lock on and point your camera straight up really fast and shoot like in BC2.

yeah, you both have to press something, but i thought that the buttons were randomized between "space, right click, left click, e, f, or z"?

Not sure, but for the bomb disarm it's the same pattern every time.

So pretty much it sounds like the guy was just an idiot twice in a row. Cool. :rolleyes: Lol.

This is awesome!!! I tried this and my game is looking much much better :) (Special Thanks to mr_nothin)

This dit not get rid of the sunrays for me.

All it does is force FXAA (and if I disable it the game won't launch) and maybe change the colors a bit.

Edit:

Oh and from the readme

-----------------------------
WARNING:
Do not use this tool while playing on anti cheat enabled servers (may be detected as a cheating measure)!

This dit not get rid of the sunrays for me.

All it does is force FXAA (and if I disable it the game won't launch) and maybe change the colors a bit.

Edit:

Oh and from the readme

WARNING:
Do not use this tool while playing on anti cheat enabled servers (may be detected as a cheating measure)!

I have been playing for hours with no issues.

Again this is not a cheat to take away sunrays or glare. It gives you no advantage.

I personally love how the colors look now.

Before
sunbloomcolourgrade.jpg

After
nosun.jpg

This is what I have in my PC - Copy this into your injFX_Settings.h file Sorry for the spam

Copy this into your injFX_Settings.h file
/*========================================================================== ============
=========================================================================== ===========*/

// TODO: Normalize values to be on a human range scale, whole numbers prefered, decimals usable for micro adjustments
// These values should have min/max limit checks included in their functions, so that the end user doesn't get crazy results

FILTER SELECTION
// Example: To disable the tonemap effect, use // in front of #define USE_TONEMAP
#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
//#define USE_BLOOM
#define USE_TONEMAP
//#define USE_SEPIA
//#define USE_VIGNETTE

FXAA SHADER
float fxaaQualitySubpix = 1.00; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.012; // Lower the value for more smoothing

PRE_SHARPEN
//For higher precision in the calculation of contour, requires slightly more processing power
bool highQualitySharpen = 1; //0 = Disable | 1 = Enable

// Set values to calculate the amount of AA produced blur to consider for the sharpening pass
#define Average 0.20
#define CoefBlur 1

#define SharpenEdge 1.2
#define Sharpen_val0 0.5

BLOOM

TECHNICOLOR

TONEMAP
#define Gamma 1.00
#define Exposure 0.00
#define Saturation 0.10 // use negative values for less saturation.
#define BlueShift 0.05 // Higher = more blue in image.
#define Bleach 0.10 // Bleach bypass, higher = stronger effect
#define Defog 0.00 // Strength of Lens Colors.
#define FogColor float4(0.08, 0.10, 0.10, 4.0) //Lens-style color filters for Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

SEPIA
#define Earthyellow // Color Tone, available tones can be seen in ColorTones.PNG (Do not use spaces in the name!)
#define GreyPower 1 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the grey color you wish to blend in
#define SepiaPower 1.2 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the color tone you wish to blend in

VIGNETTE
// Vignette effect, process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of the image, like a picture frame
#define VignetteAmount -0.50 // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

POST_SHARPEN
// Controls additional sharpening applied after previous processing. Strength should be max 0.25!
float Sharpen = 0.01;

FINAL_LIMITER

FUCK YA, I'm getting rid of that sun bloom tonight. I wonder if this is haxing?

Sounds like a problem with your GPU/drivers rather than the game if it works well "some days" and not others.
Ya. I completely agree with you, especially since I had no problems in the beta and could even run a higher resolution. I just don't see any improvements listed for the 4000 series in any of the newer drivers, and I'm afraid AMD just doesn't give a shit anymore about the older cards, especially in light of the recent layoffs.

I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone had a good idea on which particular drivers to use for a 4000 series card and if there was any hidden settings I could use in an ini file or something...

Also, for anyone who has played the final co-op mission (The Eleventh Hour), a question:

How the fuck do you win at the end? I've gotten to the room with the last guy twice now, and both times my teammate got grabbed by him. I stick my hand out, but there's no prompt. I sit there for a few seconds and the guy shoots me and my teammate and we fail the mission. Is my teammate supposed to press a button or something? Because I played it twice in a row with the same random guy and both times we failed the fucking mission. Am I supposed to do something or is he just a retard?

Whoever gets grabbed, they get their own prompt, if they succeed then the other player gets a prompt.

It gives you the advantage of bypassing poorly coded overdone bloom effects, yes. Everyone should implement this fix.

Diesel I will kiss you if this works lol. If I can turn this silly glare over-done whitewashed nuclear bomb in your face game into something that looks decent I will be very thank-full!

It gives you the advantage of bypassing poorly coded overdone bloom effects, yes. Everyone should implement this fix.

It's not a "fix", you're bypassing a graphical effect the developer implemented into their game (whether or not you think it's poorly done is irrelevant) to gain an advantage over others that haven't done this. So yes, it could be considered cheating.

I don't think they'll ban anyone for it though, they'll probably just lock it in the config file later on.

If it was their game, played by their graphics preferences, we wouldn't have the ability to change any options pertaining to graphics.

Why exactly do you think we can't turn it off in the video options?

Code:
                              Sun and Lighting Effects
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------=---------
Normal                                Bright                                         Blinding

Here is another version you can try. Once again Thanks to mr_nothin

FILTER SELECTION
#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
//#define USE_BLOOM
#define USE_TONEMAP
//#define USE_SEPIA
//#define USE_VIGNETTE

FXAA SHADER

PRE_SHARPEN
bool highQualitySharpen = 0; //0 = Disable | 1 = Enable

#define Average 0.30
#define CoefBlur 1

#define SharpenEdge 1.2
#define Sharpen_val0 0.5

BLOOM

TECHNICOLOR

TONEMAP
#define Gamma 1.00
#define Exposure 0.00
#define Saturation 0.70 // use negative values for less saturation.
#define BlueShift 0.00 // Higher = more blue in image.
#define Bleach -0.04 // Bleach bypass, higher = stronger effect
#define Defog 0.090 // Strength of Lens Colors.
#define FogColor float4(0.06, 0.10, 0.08, 1.00) //Lens-style color filters for Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

SEPIA

VIGNETTE

POST_SHARPEN
float Sharpen = 0.01;

FINAL_LIMITER

Last edited:
I have been playing for hours with no issues.

Again this is not a cheat to take away sunrays or glare. It gives you no advantage.

I personally love how the colors look now.

Be careful, that practically operates the same way as a cheat. You can definitely get your shit flagged by PB.

Are pretty colors worth $60?

Be careful, that practically operates the same way as a cheat. You can definitely get your shit flagged by PB.

I don't care about punkbuster/origin, as much as I do as your modifying the game.............................so what will it mean when you play the game now?

Are you be competitive, honest, fair?.................and really, what will your score mean? Probably nothing because you're not competing on a level playing field, using your brain, and not hacks.

I understand your frustration w/ the sunlight, but honest, once you're looking through a scope, it goes away...........it's part of the game dude.

It's postprocessing effects, it's not seeing through walls or automatically aiming and firing for you. It's basically the same as turning effects from High to Low.

Now if it ends up that there are ways to use this postprocessing to cheat, then I'll be the first to remove it from my system and never use it again, but in the meantime, I like to see what I'm shooting at. :)

depends on how many games you have on origin cause if you get pb banned and they ban that account on origin also you lose all your origin games :O could lose alot more than 60 bucks

It's postprocessing effects, it's not seeing through walls or automatically aiming and firing for you. It's basically the same as turning effects from High to Low.

Now if it ends up that there are ways to use this postprocessing to cheat, then I'll be the first to remove it from my system and never use it again, but in the meantime, I like to see what I'm shooting at. :)

I really want to agree, and say, fair enough, play your game your way..........I'm close. BUT, too many time I've been shot while looking, and being BLINDED, by sunlight behind a shooter...........no glare, no death. You have changed the game, for you. If that's cool, fine. It's not League play, after all.

Edit: you can combine your changes to the graphics, w/ an IR scope, and maybe some mouse lag tweaks, and really clean up....lol

It's a renderer hook.

I like the way it looks but it doesn't matter. Functionality wise it's implemented just like a hack would be except you get pretty colors instead of looking through walls. It looks pretty but it's not intended, don't be surprised if PB flags it or it starts getting used for more nefarious purposes.

I was actually under the assumption that that was the purpose of the sun, gives players on the high ground a real advantage. It's pretty cool once you think about it.

I was actually under the assumption that that was the purpose of the sun, gives players on the high ground a real advantage. It's pretty cool once you think about it.

AND realistic. In real life, you are not going to be an rtard and run up a hill in blinding sun. You will take the scenic route with shade to actually see your objective.

Guys...this does not stop the sun from blinding you.

Please try it and then make conclusions.

Ya, I still get blinded by the sun. After I have applied this I really don'y notice much difference. I think in the screen shot it implies that it limits glare/sun which it doesn't. :(

Guys...this does not stop the sun from blinding you.

Please try it and then make conclusions.

I'll try it when I know without a doubt it's 100% safe. I'm all set with injecting something into my game. I'd rather be cautious and not use it than get falsely popped for cheating.

AND realistic. In real life, you are not going to be an rtard and run up a hill in blinding sun. You will take the scenic route with shade to actually see your objective.

Though in real life they have, you know...sunglasses.

I checked out the config file for the fxaa dll and you're right. It can't/doesn't change the sun glare...

but MAN those screeshots are misleading. lol.. one is full of sun glare can't see shit. then you post the after super clear can see everything screenshot... That's why I was under the impression it removed glare.

And in the game, I can just run around looking through my IRNV and the sun is no longer a problem..

If you listen to the audio from the talk that goes with those slides you'll notice that he said in slide 15 the sun was completely turned off.

Back