Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Nah, it just can't contact the stats server.

nah..Beta is coming down..its being reported on the Official forums now..they are gonna take it down..and restart it next week..with Caspian..possibly

there is a major flaw in battlelog with servers..hacked servers easily being listed.

and I got to play on theat 250 player Conquest..what a blast!

Yeah I can't connect to a game anymore. Matchmaking just cycles forever and the stats are down.

Keeps saying "No contact with EA Backend. Please try again later".

nah..Beta is coming down..its being reported on the Official forums now..they are gonna take it down..and restart it next week..with Caspian..possibly

there is a major flaw in battlelog with servers..hacked servers easily being listed.

and I got to play on theat 250 player Conquest..what a blast!

No those are just trolls. Wait for a news post or tweet or something.

All the weapons are balanced. More time just gets you more variety. It was the same way in BC2.

I don't fully agree. I think getting items like the ACOG and some other attachments definitely give higher-ranked players the advantage. Same with the lasersight and taclight. You get them fairly early on, but it's still harder if you're a noob with none of the good stuff.

As far as weapon power overall, it's probably balanced, but the attachments change accuracy and other attributes that can give an advantage.

VAC ban basically bans a player from joining any VAC enabled servers which applies to all games that uses VAC protection. It doesn't disable the entire game itself. And more importantly, it doesn't disable your entire Steam account thus preventing access to all your games there.

But if this is true

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826564925948154637/1/

Then this is a serious issue. Losing access to all your games you own in your EA account because of hacking in a game is just not right.

Valve's Subscriber Agreement

5. ONLINE CONDUCT, CHEATING AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR

You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your Account. Your online conduct and interaction with other subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. Specific requirements may also be found in the Steam Online Conduct rules at http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct, other Rules of Use, the Subscription Terms, or in terms of use required by third parties who host particular games or other services.

Steam and the Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Software, other Valve products, or modifications thereof ("Cheats"). You agree that you will not create or assist third parties in any way to create Cheats. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with the operation of software designed to prevent or report the use of Cheats. You acknowledge and agree that either Valve or any online multiplayer host may refuse to allow you to participate in certain online multiplayer games if you use Cheats in connection with Steam or the Software. Further, you acknowledge and agree that an online multiplayer host may report your use of Cheats to Valve, and Valve may communicate your history of use of Cheats to other online multiplayer hosts for Valve products. Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or which otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.

Cheaters, Hackers or whatever people want to call them are bad for the gaming community.
Better they hack now than the retail release. I think DICE will have a bigger fight on their hands than they anticipated. Some people are determined to cheat.

Last edited:
If someone cheats in a game, they should be banned from that game and have to buy it over again if they want to play again. To ban an entire account and all the games on it for one game is going too far, guess EA is really starting to show it's influence.

If someone cheats in a game, they should be banned from that game and have to buy it over again if they want to play again. To ban an entire account and all the games on it for one game is going too far, guess EA is really starting to show it's influence.

Even Valve will ban your account if they deem it's necessary, see my post above.
I think that's more of a scare tactic than truth, but it can happen to repeat offenders. DICE announced the news, so it's more likely to be a game ban.

I'm sorry, I disagree.

People who cheat at one game will cheat at any......ban all their game accounts permanently.

I'm sorry, I disagree.

People who cheat at one game will cheat at any......ban all their game accounts permanently.

Agreed.

As a person with 14 games on Origin and 40+ on Steam, I wouldn't risk my accounts to hack one game.
If a person is stupid enough to do that with an established account, they'll be banned like the rest.
I'm sure it has to be habitual before they'll do it but you'll never know. Anything can happen with either of these DD services.

Most likely these are one game accounts with no investment in Origin hacking BL, and good bye to them.

Do people not realize how big a target the flashlight is? You can see that thing from a mile away, and see it waving in the air as they run - makes it easy to ambush them, or just lob shots in their general direction to pick up a cheap kill. As a recon, I love the flashlight (on the enemy).

I can understand DICE banning the people who actually setup the servers , but banning players simply for joining? And not just a simple ban but an account wide ban of all games on your Origin account? Total bullshit. If the server shows up in the browser , the ONLY browser you can use to find beta games going , the user shouldn't be banned for joining a server in the official listing.

Is DICE just trying hard piss off the community or what? If Conquest mode wasn't so fucking awesome in BF3 at this point I would seriously consider not buying the game.

No issues with disconnection here, the game apart from the crappy UI has been a blast. For some reason I've really been going to my sidearm- Nice to see it's actually useful. (Ran out of rounds in my M16 as I was storming the subway station escalator, pulled my Glock and dropped a good 4-6 guys before I ran out of ammunition and was promptly killed.)

Last edited:
Do people not realize how big a target the flashlight is? You can see that thing from a mile away, and see it waving in the air as they run - makes it easy to ambush them, or just lob shots in their general direction to pick up a cheap kill. As a recon, I love the flashlight (on the enemy).

...except when they're facing right at you, in which case you can't see shit, including where exactly they are.

For some reason I've really been going to my sidearm- Nice to see it's actually useful. (Ran out of rounds in my M16 as I was storming the subway station escalator, pulled my Glock and dropped a good 4-6 guys before I ran out of ammunition and was promptly killed.)

Agreed. I like games where the pistol is actually useful. :cool:

Man, I'm getting so sick of playing on servers where the attackers just sit at spawn and snipe.

I was just playing on a server where I'm pretty sure I was the only person trying to plant and every time I died and ended up back at spawn I'd see three guys crowded on a rock, two guys huddled in the grass, two more guys lying on another rock looking like they were sunbathing.

I feel like if you're an attacker there should be some kind of anti-camp timer that kills you off if you sit in one spot and don't move for ten seconds. If the entire team is playing at being 1337 SN1P3R how exactly are the MCOM's ever going to get blown up?

Man, I'm getting so sick of playing on servers where the attackers just sit at spawn and snipe.

I was just playing on a server where I'm pretty sure I was the only person trying to plant and every time I died and ended up back at spawn I'd see three guys crowded on a rock, two guys huddled in the grass, two more guys lying on another rock looking like they were sunbathing.

I feel like if you're an attacker there should be some kind of anti-camp timer that kills you off if you sit in one spot and don't move for ten seconds. If the entire team is playing at being 1337 SN1P3R how exactly are the MCOM's ever going to get blown up?

There needs to be a sniper limit of about 1/10th of the team so about 3 snipers per team on a 64 player map, otherwise you just get noob mountain from BC2 all over again, I don't expect this to change, the only thing you can do is either join them on the hill and just shoot for good K/D and accept your loss, or switch servers, there's simply nothing you can do to prevent it, people are going to do whatever they please even if that dicks over the entire team.

There needs to be a sniper limit of about 1/10th of the team so about 3 snipers per team on a 64 player map, otherwise you just get noob mountain from BC2 all over again, I don't expect this to change, the only thing you can do is either join them on the hill and just shoot for good K/D and accept your loss, or switch servers, there's simply nothing you can do to prevent it, people are going to do whatever they please even if that dicks over the entire team.

If modding woulf be allowed there will be servers limiting snipers ammount per team. Like in BFBC2 now on some servers.

Yup, I have most of those things happen at least once a match, usually more. Most annoying are the bullets that do no damage. Sometimes I'll hit a guy three times and get a hit marker for each shot only to have him turn around and kill me with one shot and when it goes to the killcam to show me his health he's at 100%. I'm surprised he doesn't have more of those on video because that one happens the most for me. I can count on it happening at least once a round, more often three or four times.

Honestly I'd say this game has some of the worst hit detection I've ever seen in a multiplayer FPS.

I love the game anyway, but it definitely gets on my nerves quite a bit.

Yup, I have most of those things happen at least once a match, usually more. Most annoying are the bullets that do no damage. Sometimes I'll hit a guy three times and get a hit marker for each shot only to have him turn around and kill me with one shot and when it goes to the killcam to show me his health he's at 100%. I'm surprised he doesn't have more of those on video because that one happens the most for me. I can count on it happening at least once a round, more often three or four times.

Honestly I'd say this game has some of the worst hit detection I've ever seen in a multiplayer FPS.

I love the game anyway, but it definitely gets on my nerves quite a bit.

See the thing is it wasn't like this in the Alpha.

I've gotten in some good games lately. I saw attackers win about half the time last night.

I had a nasty weird crash or something last night when a round had just started. I was laying down some fire with the lmg then next thing you know I get this constant beep, beep, beep sound over my headphones almost like morse code or something. It completely lagged out my game. I managed to suicide, and it was still there, so I left the game and the beep/lag was still there. My Windows was completely lagged out and running like ass. I had to do a hard reboot to get it right again. I wasn't running hot or anything. I'm not sure what the hell it was. When I went back to play after that my game would load with arrows and sound, but black screen. I had to delete my bf3 folder in documents to get back in. That is the only big issue I've had in about 15 hours play.

I didn't watch the whole video but most of what he was showing is I believe a bug which they have already addressed in the final build. It's something like you're moving/running an assault rifle will kill you in one shot.

I did some just normal suckage and lag though.

Does he really play all twitchy like that? Won't do you much good in BF3.

I don't like it. It feels like a crappy CoD clone. This is not the Battlefield I'm looking for...

I may be late to the party,I have not read the whole thread.. but I just downloaded a 3.9Gb update....holy crap....what could possibly be in an update that makes it that big....

I can't believe they would make us pay for a game with this many bugs.... wait, its free and this is still an unfinished version I'm playing? Why are people complaining then?

This game has potential to be amazing, if they listen to the feedback from beta, and hammer out the bugs before release. Don't worrie so much about bugs and over powered guns just yet.

I don't like it. It feels like a crappy CoD clone. This is not the Battlefield I'm looking for...

Of course a tiny tunnel map is going to feel very CoD. I played on Caspian before it went down, and it is truly a BF map. I actually thought it was too damn big myself, and I hope we get some more urban, smaller 64 player maps with maybe a heli or 2 each side and a few ground vehicles. I want Black Hawk Down in NYC in my BF3.

I believe the 1 shot kill thing is a bug. If you are running you take more damage than normal from each shot. I enjoy the damage model besides the one hit kills though, and I hope the whiners don't get it nerfed. Dumping half an AK mag to kill one person is stupid horse shit that shouldn't be in the game.

It's almost unplayable now. This 1-shot bug is running rampant... only seems to affect me though! It's not only while running now. The virus has spread.

Well I must say, the update has fixed all of the problems I was having.....the game wont even start now..:)

Wondering about this...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1435079-whats-top-secret-suprise-today.html
weekend.jpg

Has anyone with triple wide landscape figured out how to adjust the HUD properly? There's a selector in the menu that asks how many monitors you're using, but it won't go above one since I'm guessing eyefinity makes the game think it's just "one" big monitor. Using the HUD adjuster doesn't quite work either. I'm missing my gun's ammo counter (lol... kind of refreshing to play without it) and the minimap.

Or if the map allows team kill join them in the hill and staved every single one of them and teach them a lesson about camping ;) that's what I been doing in some maps :D
good day gentlemen! :mad:

See the thing is it wasn't like this in the Alpha.

It was like that in the alpha, it just wasn't as bad as it is now.

I may be late to the party,I have not read the whole thread.. but I just downloaded a 3.9Gb update....holy crap....what could possibly be in an update that makes it that big....

I don't have an update but I've read there's some bug that causes you to redownload the entire thing for whatever reason.

Back