Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Ugh, I have had very frustrating Caspian border 1000 tickets game.

2 snipers raking 100-1 K/D , one mortar guy was following me with mortar explosions like he always knew where I was. So, every flag capture was runnig in circles avoiding mortar explosions. Not fun.

Not fun.

Should see me trying to cap a flag sometimes in a Jeep, driving backwards in circles so I don't get sniped and the mortars don't hit me.

I play on heavily admined 32p servers and have no probs. Anytime I join a 64p server it's immediately frustrating.

Ugh, I have had very frustrating Caspian border 1000 tickets game.

2 snipers raking 100-1 K/D , one mortar guy was following me with mortar explosions like he always knew where I was. So, every flag capture was runnig in circles avoiding mortar explosions. Not fun.

Not fun.

So why not just leave?

Why would you stay on a server with obvious hackers?

I hate giving in and letting them "win" but it's something you have to do to keep your sanity.

So why not just leave?

I hate giving in and letting them "win" but it's something you have to do to keep your sanity.
I agree. The worst hackers are the ones who do it blatantly and know that they're hacking but still try to act dumb about it just to troll everyone else. If you try to beat them, they've already won. Just leave and join another server.

So why not just leave?

Actually I unlocked unlocks during the game and I didn't want to loose them. Otherwise I would have left immediatelly. Actually, we won that round since one hacker sniper was on our side.

Actually I unlocked unlocks during the game and I didn't want to loose them. Otherwise I would have left immediatelly. Actually, we won that round since one hacker sniper was on our side.

Lucky you....my game crashes 80% of the time before rounds complete. Id be maxed out if the game was stable.

I know you don't lose kills if you leave do you lose unlocks?

This thread has gone from a discussion about the game to stat bashing and pages on pages of cheating discussion, and thats fine, but it turned into some stupid battle with dozens of screenshots of another forum being posted here...and no one really gives a shit. Cheaters are everywhere, and it sucks, but this probably isnt the thread to wage your personal war.

All this cheating discussion has done is probably directed countless readers to visit their sites, and thats a bad thing.

So please, get back on fucking topic.

Yes you dam right and I'm sorry for it, but as making ad for AA, well; why someone will use their cheat, 10-20 of their members get ban everyday, their SS cleaner simply don't work, the 40+ pages tread on peoples that get ban on their forum prove it.......

So take not , if you use AA chance are you gone get ban,

Last edited:
Why? I'm serious. Do you think is is "just happend several times" ?

Yeah, he wrote an aimbot designed for midair RPGing other jets. It calculates the travel time based on distance and latency, then uses the trajectory of the incoming jet in order to determine the shot.

Really? REALLY?

Just finished a round of 64-player Kharg. Started out 2-7 running around with an RPG-7 trying to take out ground targets without much success, then whipped out the Javelin and ended up finishing the round 16-10. Gotta love people who use SOFLAM.

Not fun.

As I explain on another tread, the 2 snipers cheating, probably use an auto spoting cheat, to give them more points, so everyone in their team ( including the mortar ) see all your team players as spoted ( orange triangle ) on their mini map.

This peice of fucking shit game will NOT STOP CRASHING. My computer is 24/7 OCCT and prime stable. It runs everything else perfectly including 48 hour render jobs. Fucking battlefield crashes once every two rounds, and it always waits until I'm in the top 3 to shit the bed. It's cost me so many points.

Wish a moderator would remove the hacker advertising posters from the forums. They can empty a 64 man server in minutes and reading about how great they are here doesn't excite me.

Biggest pit-peeve....: FUCKING AWEFULl LONG RESPAWNS!!!!! I don't need 15sec to see the schmuck that killed me... For the love of god... Fuck me silly... Worst feature in a game EVER...

Biggest pit-peeve....: FUCKING AWEFULl LONG RESPAWNS!!!!! I don't need 15sec to see the schmuck that killed me... For the love of god... Fuck me silly... Worst feature in a game EVER...

There needs to be some penalty for death. Yes, respawns were instant in Quake and UT but you respawned with practically nothing and you had to make it to the weapon pickups with the worst gun in the game. COD rewards player deaths with instant respawns and everything replenished.

This peice of fucking shit game will NOT STOP CRASHING. My computer is 24/7 OCCT and prime stable. It runs everything else perfectly including 48 hour render jobs. Fucking battlefield crashes once every two rounds, and it always waits until I'm in the top 3 to shit the bed. It's cost me so many points.

I've noticed the game for me crashes a lot more the higher the visual settings in game. I turn some of them down low, especially texture quality and the crashes stop.

I've noticed the game for me crashes a lot more the higher the visual settings in game. I turn some of them down low, especially texture quality and the crashes stop.

I usually turn off MSAA. Ever since then I wouldnt crash at all.

But thats when I had my 6990...

I find its better to lower graphic settings to achieve a higher frame rate in BF3. For some reason if I can maintain a 100+ fps average a lot of the weirdness of the game just stops being an issue. If I crank it all I still get 60 fps most of the time but a lot of weird stutter or input latency.

BF3 I guess is just really weird like that. Hopefully the stuttering that plagues the game for me will be addressed at some point.

Is it just me or is an already crappy netcode even worse after last patch? No matter where I put the slider with a very low ping everything is rubberbanding, jerky, just plain laggy crap.

I like lamp

Nope Vega is right.Not only BF3,bf series got worst netcode in FPS history.
They are not writing a new one,they just increase/decrease hitbox's size for a quick fix.

And its not about lag.This one already confirms in years before.(Dieing behind cover/while you are moved behind a cover etc etc etc )
Simply Dice must stop using that annoying broken netcode and must write a new one.Well for me im stopped buying DICE's product.BF3 is my last one.
And yeah im happy about it.1 less greedy/careless developer in the dust.

Sorry, but from my own experience. In any game i've played, with various servers, various netcodes and various tactics. The guy with the lower ping has always had the advantage.

Sorry, but from my own experience. In any game i've played, with various servers, various netcodes and various tactics. The guy with the lower ping has always had the advantage.

Yep. Routing and Ping are king in the world of online gaming. BF3 might not have the best netcode but there certainly is worse and at least its not peer to peer bullshit like console users still have to deal with (well not in BF3 but just about every other FPS). Host advantage will make you rip your own eyes with with a rusty spoon..

Yep. Routing and Ping are king in the world of online gaming. BF3 might not have the best netcode but there certainly is worse and at least its not peer to peer bullshit like console users still have to deal with (well not in BF3 but just about every other FPS). Host advantage will make you rip your own eyes with with a rusty spoon..

I was playing earlier, and a couple of guys had pings of 7. I didn't know you could get that low without being co-located. Low-teens I'd seen, but I've never seen single digits before. Didn't seem to be helping them too much though, they were both bottom half of their team.

I was playing earlier, and a couple of guys had pings of 7. I didn't know you could get that low without being co-located. Low-teens I'd seen, but I've never seen single digits before. Didn't seem to be helping them too much though, they were both bottom half of their team.

Must have been really bad players then. Coz when i'm in a server where i'm the lowest, people in front of me fall like flies.

Not that it matters much, but did anyone else notice the wrong use of English in the splash screen loader for death match maps?

"Two teams are pitched against each other". The correct English would of course be; "pitted" against each other, not pitched!

How does DICE or EA manage not to have competent proof readers on staff? Or even a project manager, game designer, artist etc., who happen to have a developed sense of English? Yes DICE is Swedish (the Swedes are notorious in Denmark for their inferior, sorry I meant hilarious, English).

In any case, I´d rather have them work on the net code! Not entirely impressed with seeing bleeding guys running around with health 100 half a second after several bullet impacts. Sloppy code.

the last patch turned this game into junk, i hope when they unlock BTK they send down some fucking fixes for the shit they made worse and broke....

the last patch turned this game into junk, i hope when they unlock BTK they send down some fucking fixes for the shit they made worse and broke....

a couple days I would have argued this... but man after putting in some serious hours yesterday they really made things bad

Not that it matters much, but did anyone else notice the wrong use of English in the splash screen loader for death match maps?

"Two teams are pitched against each other". The correct English would of course be; "pitted" against each other, not pitched!

How does DICE or EA manage not to have competent proof readers on staff? Or even a project manager, game designer, artist etc., who happen to have a developed sense of English? Yes DICE is Swedish (the Swedes are notorious in Denmark for their inferior, sorry I meant hilarious, English).

In any case, I´d rather have them work on the net code! Not entirely impressed with seeing bleeding guys running around with health 100 half a second after several bullet impacts. Sloppy code.

Bad Company 2 is still littered with basic grammatical errors (like "don't" missing an apostrophe). I've love to proof-read for DICE and get paid.

I average 8 to 11ms ping to Chicago BF3 servers all day. Just depends on location I guess.

FYI this guy got 'smart' and changed his name, it's now lllooollolollo. Profile link still points to his profile page though.

Their platoon name can get them all a 72 hour ban. "SUQ MADIQ"

Kids these days :/

Back