Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

You need to play more online FPS.
Nope Vega is right.Not only BF3,bf series got worst netcode in FPS history.
They are not writing a new one,they just increase/decrease hitbox's size for a quick fix.

And its not about lag.This one already confirms in years before.(Dieing behind cover/while you are moved behind a cover etc etc etc )
Simply Dice must stop using that annoying broken netcode and must write a new one.Well for me im stopped buying DICE's product.BF3 is my last one.
And yeah im happy about it.1 less greedy/careless developer in the dust.

There was....but I agree about this new problem....noobs/loners not bothering to join squads...
Type "squad up" in team chat. Granted, it doesn't work all of the time, but more often than not it'll get at least a few people to join a squad. I did that earlier when I was in a squad all by myself and within a few moments it filled up and the number of people not in a squad dropped from 11 to 3.

before the latest bigass patch I was doing GREAT system wise -- In 60 hours I might have only had 2 crashes, on top of that, even when the game runs fine, I'll hit the "quit" option in the menu, and the game literally freezes solid for 4 seconds and THEN quits. Used to it was instant and flawless. Fix your shit EA/Dice

Last night I tried to get a few games going and at random times during some action the game just goes silent, stops, and sits there. Eventually crashes to desktop. I don't know what they did but they fucked up some stuff in this latest patch.

I'm one of the most patient people in the world, but even I'm starting to get annoyed at the BS surrounding this game. Crashing, crappy net code, rampant cheating, no voice chat, it's like we go into the future visually, but back in time 10 years gameplay/fun wise.

With a working budget in the millions, perhaps 10s of millions of dollars... they can't crank out a program that doesn't crash? they can't implement a voice system similiar to something they did perfectly 5 years ago?

What's really bad is if things don't get better by the end of the year, I might do the unthinkable and actually buy MW3, as cookie cutter as the game is running on an ass old engine, at least they are somewhat consistent in the workings of the game.

played some more tonight...this game is getting increasingly more frustrating for some reason. team balance seems to be an issue. i guess now that everyone is leveling up more the game starts to feel more unbalanced. i probably played 14 games tonight of which i won probably 3 and the games that were losses were complete destruction of my team. i don't mind losing in those long push and pull battles, but it just seems the past few nights it has been really rough

I've been feeling that way too lately. More often than never, I'll end up in a server where the opposing team are full of good players and they completely crush us, even in Metro conquest.

Might be a bunch of clan, group of friends or something. Once I was kicked from a server, reason given is to make room for a member.

Anyone else thinks that radio becons (spawn points) are pretty much useles after the patch because they dissapear the moment you change class or the moment you spawn yourself on your own spawn point? So, every time you spawn on it you need to redeploy it. I have better things to do then redeploying my radio becon EVERY FREAKING TIME I spawn on it.

before the latest bigass patch I was doing GREAT system wise -- In 60 hours I might have only had 2 crashes, on top of that, even when the game runs fine,

I have some crashes but , I beleive, it is due to my very old computer. Though, I noticed that I lost some performance in game. It was very smooth before the patch, it is not that smooth anymore though still playable.

Anyone else thinks that radio becons (spawn points) are pretty much useles after the patch because they dissapear the moment you change class or the moment you spawn yourself on your own spawn point? So, every time you spawn on it you need to redeploy it.

it's always blown up when you respawn on it

Just a reminder, I purchase the 2 subscriptions this week, and I play only 1 hour this week , and without any hacks. Here the history of my week

week.jpg

6 hit way below 1000 meters, as my longuest shot still at 969 in my stats , so obviouslly I don't get avantage of it.

head.jpg

Ahh guess I missed that part too.

ya you miss a lot of thing,

May I ask something, how come you know about the VIP, I don't even have access, as I only have access to the private with my $ 20 subscription ?

I also subscribe to another one, so I spent $ 40 this week on it, As I said I try to snipes and can hit more than 1000 meters, so I google and found that peoples using AA can hit 3000 meters, so I go to their web site, but as you said you have to pay, so I pay $ 20 ( or may be $ 25) but I don't have access to the VIP.

I play a lot of games and I don't know shit about hacks. It's not exactly widespread knowledge.

it's why I get curious and want to know too, I think any inteligent man will try to know what he don't know.

Here some interesting stuf;

When you play on a server where you have a cheater in the other team , all your teams is auto spot so the other team see all your position, so everyone have a sort of light wall hack, so don't accuse someone to cheat, because it's probably not him, and he don't even know why he see you spoted, now when the cheater is on your team, well......

Last edited:
it's always blown up when you respawn on it

Before the patch it worked differently. It was not dissapearing when I spawn on it. Dice change the logic this patch around.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_Beacon:
"After the BF3 2011-11-22 PC Patch, Beacons always disappear when the owner respawns. This makes it more imperative for the owner to stay alive, or to replace his beacon. This will likely be issue for the BF3 2011-11-30 PS3 Patch. "

I do not like.

What the goal of Spawn Becon is if team any way can Spawn on me when I'm alive? And when I'm dead and Spawn on own becone it dissapers. It looks like it is only useful for myself this time around as a personal gadget and not a team gadget.

Last edited:
man, I dunno if I am just fortunate to have a good combo of hardware/software or what but I have had zero crashes with BF3. I have encountered the issue where I duck behind cover and like half a second later get killed, but not enough to really bother me. The gunplay in this game seems fine to me and I think it will only get better as we go.

Also, has anyone been around the antenna in Caspian when it toppled over???

Yesterday, I was parachuting down onto the antenna for some soflam/sniping action when suddenly it felt like I got pulled backwards violently by wind or something. I hear cable breaking sounds, (like in movies) I then realized I wasnt moving backwards, thw whole fucking antenna was falling over and breaking apart, nice and slow like. It was incredible. I cant wait to see this from the ground.

edit: I just read it falls over now in conquest when theres 10 tickets left!

I've been feeling that way too lately. More often than never, I'll end up in a server where the opposing team are full of good players and they completely crush us, even in Metro conquest.

Might be a bunch of clan, group of friends or something. Once I was kicked from a server, reason given is to make room for a member.

I would agree with you but you have to walk a fine line of legitimate complaint vs whining. I'm rank 35 - about 60 hours into the game. I have a job, social life, and I love to sleep so I don't get to spend every waking moment on the thing. I've been in more than a few games where the other team was all high rank (level 2+ colonel) all clan guys. and the team I was on was quite literally myself and a sprinkling of level 2's through level 10's.

I can appreciate a group of people wanting to play together - however there should be an option such that "skill" level is factored into team balance (at least make this an option to implement on those that run the severs) DICE made it such where you can boil down a player to a single number that denotes overall skill, why not use it to balance teams?

I will say though that if I owned a server and my buddy wanted to play with me, damn right I'd kick some random guy to make room for him. If it's not your dime, then you really can't complain.

I have some crashes but , I beleive, it is due to my very old computer. Though, I noticed that I lost some performance in game. It was very smooth before the patch, it is not that smooth anymore though still playable.

I upgraded my entire computer specifically for BF3 - i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz, 6950 2GB card, 16GB of ram - it's quite a screamer, and performance (when it works) is great.

Just sucks to have something that works 99% of the time monkied with to where it now it only works 70% of the time.

May I ask something, how come you know about the VIP, I don't even have access, as I only have access to the private with my $ 20 subscription ?

I was referring to the Private section. If you subscribe, you are considered VIP and get access, that's why I called it VIP section by mistake.

I was lurking around their forums looking for some of those pictures you posted, which is how I realized that that Navysandsquid guy went to all the trouble of having his friend take the pic and blank out his name, even though his BFID is the same as his forum name (minus the number at the end anyway.) :D Found out you can't even look up posts by members, I'm guessing unless you're also have VIP access.

something is messed up with my battlelog account. It keeps telling me I have the wrong username and password :rolleyes:

why is this game so hard to play? Time to play Batman I guess.

I was referring to the Private section. If you subscribe, you are considered VIP and get access, that's why I called it VIP section by mistake.

I was lurking around their forums looking for some of those pictures you posted, which is how I realized that that Navysandsquid guy went to all the trouble of having his friend take the pic and blank out his name, even though his BFID is the same as his forum name (minus the number at the end anyway.) :D Found out you can't even look up posts by members, I'm guessing unless you're also have VIP access.

the funny this is that I win a BF3 and MW3 key lol, like if I'm the style to play MW3 game, lol , but I guess it was before the Moderator ( member here ) see my post here, as now I have no access anymore,, don't be surprise if EA , temporary bna my account, I guess I will have 100 AA members reporting me, but all of them will be ban them self after I reply and send few SS to EA, lol ....anyway I don't play that game anymore,

Last edited:
I didnt realize you could snipe aircraft pilots. I always pop off a few shots at them when I got nothing else to shoot at and I landed a headshot. Died right after as I was so elated I let my guard down and got knifed.

yeah killing the driver or pilot of a vehicle is always a special treat - My best was on the highway map, someone jumped in the infantry vehicle and was tooling around, smashed into a wall and was trying to reverse and get free. I was right next to him -- hopped the wall and whipped out my silenced 1911, popped three rounds thru the front glass for that oh so sweet reward of glass breaking and points popping up on my screen.

It was extra funny because if he had been just a tad quicker he could have just run me over (i was RIGHT in front of him, about 3 feet from the glass)

As long as you can see em -- you can kill em. :)

the funny this is that I win a BF3 and MW3 key lol, like if I'm the style to play MW3 game, lol , but I guess it was before the Moderator ( member here ) see my post here, as now I have no access anymore,, don't be surprise if EA , temporary bna my account, I guess I will have 100 AA members reporting me, but all of them will be ban them self after I reply and send few SS to EA, lol ....anyway I don't play that game anymore,

aa.jpg

grap.jpg

Hello Gerard aka MarkedOne (Qubec, Canada),

Since your not too keen on privacy neither will I.
Thanks for being a "white knight" on this forums, but the opposite is true.
In this week alone you have loaded our cheat multiple times.... for off course *cough* "educational purposes" *cough*.

As you already know, leaking private info is not allowed, and we always find you.

Enjoy your permaban and have a nice weekend,

Haruhi.

ps. sorry for intruding this forum and discussion.

Dear Hackers/Cheaters; pls take your conversation(s) else where, and preferably leave the [H]ard Forum all together.

do one better and leave the internet completely -- I still subscribe to the fun day dream of anytime you catch someone cheating you gain the ability to teleport to their room with a baseball bat and smash their face and their stuff for good measure :) Just imagine after a few times of it actually happening, cheating would be non existant if you thought there was a fair chance of getting sent to the hospital.

It awesom but it is either staged or hacked (aimbot). This user has some other video with the similar trick. Do you beleive you can repeat it several times?
It's very simple trick. Click the long version of the video in the description, then fast forward to about 3:00 mark. He fly's across the map, see's where the other jets are by panning around. He then goes after a hovering chopper with rockets and baits the jets into chasing him. Watch his air radar screen right after he kills the chopper and you will see a jet pull in right behind him.

He, and other experienced pilots like myself know, that noobs always go for the flight ceiling and stall out, thus giving an easy kill. He uses that as a ploy to bait the jets chasing him. He apparently has done this enough times and failed to know exactly when to bail on the jet. He already had his RPG equipped before he exited the plane. It's then just a simple predictable aim to right behind your own jet to try and hit the guy chasing you.

I've actually seen this trick attempted on me before, but they missed big time. There is a lot of luck and a lot of skill needed to pull off this trick. If you don't get the kill, you at least get a deterrent for people chasing you, they will pull away, and you can then pull in behind them to take them out.

I've seen much crazier tricks than this pulled off in BF2 simply because the ceiling was so much higher and the way the physics get fucked up when you hit the ceiling. I've seen guys bail, land on the other f35 which was hovering, blast it with a rocket, then skydive to their slowly crashing jet.

Last edited:
Seriously , video game moment of the year without question. That was just incredibly epic and well executed.

i did it all the time in the real BF Vietnam to choppers and they wernt nearly as close as that jet.

but ive also shot down the phantom in BFV with a LAW by bailing out of my chopper and getting back in it in free fall.

i also would go on anti chopper and infantry patrol with the Huey Slick, fly around alone in the Slick and rotate the chopper so the side was facing the enemy and switch the side seat and LAW or RPG anything that moved. :) to reload the rpg i soulc eitehr find a safe place ot land or go as high as it would go and reload in the side seat could usually pull out of the free fall after reloading but its pretty damn close to the ground safer to just land lol

i did it all the time in the real BF Vietnam to choppers and they wernt nearly as close as that jet.

but ive also shot down the phantom in BFV with a LAW by bailing out of my chopper and getting back in it in free fall.

i also would go on anti chopper and infantry patrol with the Huey Slick, fly around alone in the Slick and rotate the chopper so the side was facing the enemy and switch the side seat and LAW or RPG anything that moved. :) to reload the rpg i soulc eitehr find a safe place ot land or go as high as it would go and reload in the side seat could usually pull out of the free fall after reloading but its pretty damn close to the ground safer to just land lol

Assuming you went by the same name, you were always fun and frustrating to play against.

There's always one. DATS NUFIN I DID IT ALL THE TIME.

nobody cares dude.

Hello Gerard aka MarkedOne (Qubec, Canada),

Since your not too keen on privacy neither will I.
Thanks for being a "white knight" on this forums, but the opposite is true.
In this week alone you have loaded our cheat multiple times.... for off course *cough* "educational purposes" *cough*.

As you already know, leaking private info is not allowed, and we always find you.

Enjoy your permaban and have a nice weekend,

Haruhi.

ps. sorry for intruding this forum and discussion.

Dear Haruhi,

None of us gives a shit what you did to his account. Furthermore, the cheating service that you are affiliated with makes you the lowest of the low. Services like yours contribute the decline of PC gaming's popularity by pushing inexperienced and frustrated players to consoles in hopes of avoiding rampant cheaters.

I think I can say on behalf of this forum, go away. No one wants you here.

-Signed
HardForum Gaming Community.

So does this mean we have a spy among us? If they knew over on the cheat site about MarkedOne posting stuff here about them then that must mean that someone told them. So we have another official cheat on our forum spying for the fuck tards while gloating about his kills to us. Hmmmm.

I'm finding it very hard to put much time into this game with Skyrim's ever presence on my PC screaming for my attention, lol. But I'm trying.

BF3 I think has the worst lag and netcode I think I've ever seen in an FPS. Constantly dying around corners and behind cover and things always occurring way in the past getting you killed. A perfect example is people running right next to each other trying to occupy the same space. They skip and rubber-band all over the freaking place, warping back and forth. It is atrociousness netcode.

Games like Quake and Counterstrike that have server side netcode are an order of magnitude better in all regards. Ballistics, player positions etc. Anyone who has played those games competitively will tell you the same thing. BF3 feels like an absolute dog compared.

Yes, Yes, Yes.

It's really bad at times and takes a lot of the fun away.

I'm finding it very hard to put much time into this game with Skyrim's ever presence on my PC screaming for my attention, lol. But I'm trying.

I actually got burnt out on Skyrim pretty easily. After I became head of the Mage's Guild, everything else seems rinse and repeat, no matter where you go. Every town has a Jarl with a bodyguard that initially doesn't like you. Then by the end you're a celebrity with a house in the town. Rinse and repeat.

Not to mention single player AI is too easy to manipulate for my taste. I killed my first dragon at level 3, took a while, but it's doable.

This thread has gone from a discussion about the game to stat bashing and pages on pages of cheating discussion, and thats fine, but it turned into some stupid battle with dozens of screenshots of another forum being posted here...and no one really gives a shit. Cheaters are everywhere, and it sucks, but this probably isnt the thread to wage your personal war.

All this cheating discussion has done is probably directed countless readers to visit their sites, and thats a bad thing.

So please, get back on fucking topic.

Back