Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

am i blind? i dont see explosive rounds on the upgrade path (shotgun noob)

It should be the 12g frag round. I have it for the DAO-12... haven't tried it yet. Probably not as good since the reload time on the DAO sucks ass.

am i blind? i dont see explosive rounds on the upgrade path (shotgun noob)

12 Gauge Frag rounds on the upgrade path.

And I totally abused this to level recon (since I don't like to play recon really) in Metro Conquest... Almost 300 kills with the USAS-12 just playing yesterday lol...

Although then again everyone else is spamming M320s, RPGs, and LMGs.

I dont trust the accuracy rating on the stats page as I think it calculates ALL the guns instead of just what you used. It shows me having a 14% or so accuracy but when I check my gun stats individually, they're all about 40-75% accuracy...so I don't know where its getting drug down other than possibly 0% on guns I've fired 0 rounds with.

maybe i am doing it wrong, but i play support with 200 round clips and i usually just unload all 200 rounds into an enemy area. I get lots of assist kills. My accuracy is around 5% on those guns. Maybe this is why i cant hit much playing anything but support.

With partying in Battlelog, they need to just make the number of squads infinitely scalable; if there isn't a squad with enough slots to incorporate the Battlelog, it just creates a new one.

DICE didn't really think this one through. "Let's join this server with 7 open slots. I'm sure we can get in on the same squad... Oh wait, every squad is 3/4.." HERP DERP

DICE didn't really think this one through. "Let's join this server with 7 open slots. I'm sure we can get in on the same squad... Oh wait, every squad is 3/4.." HERP DERP

Yeah it's really frustrating. And add to the fact I can't open up squad/loadout management while alive (like I could do in BC2 :( ) and even when dead I have to wait for the damn death cam to be over - even if it's HC and there *IS* no death cam...just poor decisions. Not game breaking by any means, I love the damn game, but one of those dumb little things that would make it so much better.

Yeah it's really frustrating. And add to the fact I can't open up squad/loadout management while alive (like I could do in BC2 :( ) and even when dead I have to wait for the damn death cam to be over - even if it's HC and there *IS* no death cam...just poor decisions. Not game breaking by any means, I love the damn game, but one of those dumb little things that would make it so much better.

Squad and Team is accessible from the Esc menu when you're alive.

I do agree completely though, there are so many little things that just bug the hell out of me.

yeah having to hit esc to access that is stupid.

but it fixable. So far all the issues I have seen could/may be fixed with patches and updates. The final product of this might be just as good as BF2. I have hopes.

I have to say I'm major disappointed in this game. Been playing Battlefield since the beginning in 1942. I was looking forward to this game so much. Not only are the bugs too much, I just don't find the gameplay any fun. I was playing BC2 up to release of BF3 and something about the gameplay of bf3 is not fun to me at all. So much so I just gave up and deleted the game, to bad.

I have to say I'm major disappointed in this game. Been playing Battlefield since the beginning in 1942. I was looking forward to this game so much. Not only are the bugs too much, I just don't find the gameplay any fun. I was playing BC2 up to release of BF3 and something about the gameplay of bf3 is not fun to me at all. So much so I just gave up and deleted the game, to bad.

What bugs?

Good I refuse to use it, lowers your skill level. When it's nerfed some peoples' kdrs will even out

No kidding. I thought I was shitting on boys just using the KH2002 with ACOG - as soon as I got the IRNV I was unstoppable.

It's like an officially-sanctioned wallhack. IRNV is the biggest joke in this game, even more so than the M249 which does huge poos on LMGs firing far superior calibres. /semi gun nerd

No, but in all seriousness an LMG as heavy as the Pecheneg should not have such huge muzzle climb as it does. Big disappointment.

I use the frag rounds on the DAO-12 sometimes, and while not as bad as the USAS, it's still slaughter in hardcore. Reload time does suck. And it's great for leveling classes because you can use the gun on any class :p

No kidding. I thought I was shitting on boys just using the KH2002 with ACOG - as soon as I got the IRNV I was unstoppable.

It's like an officially-sanctioned wallhack. IRNV is the biggest joke in this game, even more so than the M249 which does huge poos on LMGs firing far superior calibres. /semi gun nerd

I didn't have too much trouble with it until yesterday and today, when pretty much every time I was killed it was by a guy with the IRNV. Maybe the masses are just now starting to unlock it - but it was out of hand.

just went 99-9 on one of those 1k ticket Metro cq 64 servers...gotta love it when idiots group up at the stairway. I damn tried to get 100 kills that round, but fucking died right at the end. My buddy was on vent and told me my score. He was like "what the hell are you doing?!!?!?" and I told him spamming the 320, lol. I ended that round with 53k points in medals, and ribbons. I know nade spam is lame, but I thought it was pretty funny, haha.

No, but in all seriousness an LMG as heavy as the Pecheneg should not have such huge muzzle climb as it does. Big disappointment.

Ya, IRNV has to go and while they are at it they can tone down the M249 and the M320. On hardcore, two freaking bullets kills someone with the M249.

That and every assault in the world has turned into n00b tubers with that M320 which has a larger blast radius than a RPG.

I didn't have too much trouble with it until yesterday and today, when pretty much every time I was killed it was by a guy with the IRNV. Maybe the masses are just now starting to unlock it - but it was out of hand.

Lol...I said the same thing a few days ago and got flamed by some troll. :rolleyes:

I agree, though. Until it is nerfed in a major way it is going to just get worse and worse as more people unlock it for various weapons.

I honestly think the best way to nerf it is to just get rid of it. Or maybe just have it be an NV sight instead of IR? Though that would be fairly useless since there aren't really many dark maps.

Ya, IRNV has to go and while they are at it they can tone down the M249 and the M320. On hardcore, two freaking bullets kills someone with the M249.

That and every assault in the world has turned into n00b tubers with that M320 which has a larger blast radius than a RPG.

Yeah, it's like that video of the M60 on HC = Rambo. Lol.

And I play primarily Assault and haven't even used the M320 yet. But from what I hear it is getting spammed a lot.

they just need to tone down the IRNV. Lighting up like you are glowing at just about any distance is too much. They need to tone down about 75% of the "glow" that you see from other people.

You basically have one of the following roles in Metro Conquest -

USAS-12 frag spam
LMG spam
M320 spam
RPG spam
revive spam

Maybe do something about the accuracy of the M249 also. Way too many people running around hip-firing that with the foregrip like an assault rifle.

Ya. I do have fun trying to sneak past all the choke-blocks though.

It is always fun when someone manages to do that. Best game I had was somehow the Russian side ended up controlling C and the US ended up controlling A.

Lol...I said the same thing a few days ago and got flamed by some troll. :rolleyes:

I agree, though. Until it is nerfed in a major way it is going to just get worse and worse as more people unlock it for various weapons.

I honestly think the best way to nerf it is to just get rid of it. Or maybe just have it be an NV sight instead of IR? Though that would be fairly useless since there aren't really many dark maps.

You won't find any flaming from me. They need to seriously nerf the IRNV or simply remove it. More and more people seem to be unlocking/using it. This game might as well be called Battlefield IRNV. :p

This game might as well be called Battlefield IRNV. :p

I just unlocked IRNV for starting AK and become a kiling machine. Basically when I play in rush sa a squad leader and people spawn on me I hide close to MCOMs behind the rock or wall so that othe IRNVres cannot see mee. Than every 10 seconds look out of the rock , kill all orange glowing targets, hide back, reload, look out , kill all glowing targets, rinse and repeat while team is attacking MCOMs. This way I can easily get 5/1 K/D ratio. It's fun but it is too easy and negate all stealth play in BF3, must be nerfed.

BTW, explain me how spawning on teammates works in BF3? Some times I can spawn on alive teammates, some times not. Is tehre some kind of algorythm behind this logic?

I just unlocked IRNV for starting AK and become a kiling machine. Basically when I play in rush sa a squad leader and people spawn on me I hide close to MCOMs behind the rock or wall so that othe IRNVres cannot see mee. Than every 10 seconds look out of the rock , kill all orange glowing targets, hide back, reload, look out , kill all glowing targets, rinse and repeat while team is attacking MCOMs. This way I can easily get 5/1 K/D ratio. It's fun but it is too easy and negate all stealth play in BF3, must be nerfed.

BTW, explain me how spawning on teammates works in BF3? Some times I can spawn on alive teammates, some times not. Is tehre some kind of algorythm behind this logic?

I believe if the teammates are too far away from an objective, you cannot spawn on them.

I have noticed that is a teammate is too close to a wall, or hiddin in a closed off area, Or in a tank/heli with no room left, that you will not be able to spawn on them.

They basically have to have enough room around them (on land) or spots in a vehicle for you to spawn on.

This is from what I have tested with my roommate.

Jesus i hold by my saying the upgrades are way to overpowered. I was excited to get the SKS but that gun is on a whole other level. I haven't seen anyone using that combo yet.

I just unlocked them for the 870 and thought they were poo. It's probably just when they're combined with the USAS or Saiga that they're such madness.

I believe if the teammates are too far away from an objective, you cannot spawn on them.

Hm, I have not noticed that. I know that I cannot spawn for sure if teammate is in the water. Otherwise I do not understand the spawn logic.

BTW, what is the role of squadleader except giving orders to attack objectives?

Hm, I have not noticed that. I know that I cannot spawn for sure if teammate is in the water. Otherwise I do not understand the spawn logic.

BTW, what is the role of squadleader except giving orders to attack objectives?

squad leader can kick people out of the squad

Back