Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

A

They included this quote:
"EA Trojan - It's in the game...ehm...It was in the game"

I wonder how many of those people use GMG's Capsule/Valve's Steam/Stardock's etc etc.

Really don't understand the objection to Origin at all. Why's it so bad compared to all the other DRM shit other publishers use?

So you are being "sustained" and "entertained" by people denying that it was a console port? "Sustained" is synonymous with being fed, much like how people "feed" trolls with their responses. Trolls also derive entertainment value from their posts, hence why they post in the first place.

You have, by definition, trolled everyone here and are a hypocrite. Keep that in mind before you start accusing others of the same thing. ;)

BTW, thank you for the info in the original post, all I'm saying is you could have worded it a little better, and left out your statement about people's complaints "sustaining" you.;)

Not even that. This is just an attempt to save face by claiming to have been trolling.

3qwvt.png

Last edited:
I don't even see origin anymore. It starts up minimized in my taskbar, and I just have a bookmark to battlelog. It pops up a quick window to validate when I join a server, and that's all I ever see of origin.

I don't even see origin anymore. It starts up minimized in my taskbar, and I just have a bookmark to battlelog. It pops up a quick window to validate when I join a server, and that's all I ever see of origin.

Same here. I do wonder exactly what sort of data it grabs off my computer and sends off to EA though..

Same here. I do wonder exactly what sort of data it grabs off my computer and sends off to EA though..

Yeah, really feels unnecessary. I appreciate from a business standpoint what EA is trying to do, but right now it is adding 0 value to me as a consumer. Particularly when the in-game chat overlay is different than battlelog...this was "the" game to get people to use origin, you would think it would be better integrated.

OH IT'S ON LIKE TRON!!

:D

We got locked and shot at plenty, it's just that on Firestorm there are these conveniently placed oil storage tanks on the side of the maps. Makes for a really good hiding spot.

Here's what me and my buddy run with. It's working great so far. We did have double flares at one point, but the extinguisher is far far more powerful than double flares.

Pilot:
Stealth
Extinguisher
Heat Seeker

Gunner:
Stealth
Flares
Guided Missile

Oh I love that map, and tend to sit near those tanks in mobile AAA and rip up the jets and helos. I have the SAMs for it but usually only use them to distract pilots while I tear them up with the guns.

Of course with the eject setup in the game I don't get many kills but I disable and destroy a ton of aircraft, and occasionally kill people who ejected as their float in their parachute (I love when they cut loose from the chute and plunge to earth. lol!)

Oh I love that map, and tend to sit near those tanks in mobile AAA and rip up the jets and helos. I have the SAMs for it but usually only use them to distract pilots while I tear them up with the guns.

Of course with the eject setup in the game I don't get many kills but I disable and destroy a ton of aircraft, and occasionally kill people who ejected as their float in their parachute (I love when they cut loose from the chute and plunge to earth. lol!)

There's no denying it, our #1 enemy is the mobile AA. The sheer amount of bullets that stream towards us is very unnerving at times. Also, whenever someone staggers their SAMs for single flare helis is very difficult to deal with.

This. I can't believe anyone still cares about Origin running - it could hardly be less intrusive. Honestly, Steam is worse because it pops up those daily deals pages everytime I exit a Steam game - Origin doesn't even do that.

There's no denying it, our #1 enemy is the mobile AA. The sheer amount of bullets that stream towards us is very unnerving at times. Also, whenever someone staggers their SAMs for single flare helis is very difficult to deal with.

Yeah, I always stagger them because even when they can use flares on both it still normally causes them to decend, which brings them closer to my guns and many either turn into them or fly perpendicular to them and of course either way works out great for me as one brings them closer and the other offers me their full broadside.

Yeah, I always stagger them because even when they can use flares on both it still normally causes them to decend, which brings them closer to my guns and many either turn into them or fly perpendicular to them and of course either way works out great for me as one brings them closer and the other offers me their full broadside.

NERF MOBILE AA :p

It's a pretty effective anti-personnel weapon also.

I was on some server last night and everyone was crying "oh, the tanks are so overpowered", blah blah blah - it's a tank for god's sake, of course it is overpowering for a guy on foot. It's built like a tank.

Aside from the attack helicopter and last tank unlock, do passengers affect vehicle unlocks at all?

I think you will see the balance swing the other way once people unlock TV missiles. Also maybe if people unlock and use SOFLAM (and equivalents) in conjunction with guided munitions.

The AA does not benefit from later tier unlocks as much compared to the other vehicles.

Aside from the attack helicopter and last tank unlock, do passengers affect vehicle unlocks at all?

I think you will see the balance swing the other way once people unlock TV missiles. Also maybe if people unlock and use SOFLAM (and equivalents) in conjunction with guided munitions.

The AA does not benefit from later tier unlocks as much compared to the other vehicles.

If the passenger is a gunner, yea you can get assist points. If the passenger is sitting there looking out a window...

I was only kidding about the nerf AA comment, anytime me and my friend sees an AA we are much more careful and think about how to engage said AA. It's a challenge, and I gladly welcome it.

The SOFLAM is really dependent on teamwork, and right now there is practically zero teamwork.. When someone DOES use it though, I'm a happy gunner. I just hope the TV missile is as good as I think it is.

Apparently, there's now a crack out that lets you play multiplayer without origin. Still have to log in (so it's not for piracy), but the pirate groups have proven origin to be completely unnecessary.

They included this quote:
"EA Trojan - It's in the game...ehm...It was in the game"
Interested!

I have an intel q6600 at 3.0ghz, 4gb of ram, and a Visionek Radeon 6870. I play at 1920x1080. If I max everything out on ultra I get a crappy frame rate. Even pushing the settings to auto has slowdowns.

I just bought the video card. What do I need to do in order to play the game with everything maxed out?

I run a Q6700 with a GTX460 1GB.

The game maxes out my CPU with auto. My GPU is still sleeping.

If the passenger is a gunner, yea you can get assist points. If the passenger is sitting there looking out a window...

I was only kidding about the nerf AA comment, anytime me and my friend sees an AA we are much more careful and think about how to engage said AA. It's a challenge, and I gladly welcome it.

The SOFLAM is really dependent on teamwork, and right now there is practically zero teamwork.. When someone DOES use it though, I'm a happy gunner. I just hope the TV missile is as good as I think it is.

I meant the unlocks you have, do they apply to the vehicle. For instance if I use the turret on the tank and have reactive armor as an unlock, does the tank get it? Or is it the driver's unlocks only.

In regards to the AA, I wasn't calling you out anything. Maybe it is also because I play RTS games, but it will be interesting to see how the metagame evolves compared to the balance now.

I meant the unlocks you have, do they apply to the vehicle. For instance if I use the turret on the tank and have reactive armor as an unlock, does the tank get it? Or is it the driver's unlocks only.

In regards to the AA, I wasn't calling you out anything. Maybe it is also because I play RTS games, but it will be interesting to see how the metagame evolves compared to the balance now.

I think only the tank driver's bonus applies. If you're in the loadout menu, there is only one portion for the tank. Unlike the heli which has pilot and gunner. That's my guess anyway.

No worries about the AA comment :)

So, anyone figure out what the two anti aliasing settings mean? I have "deferred AA" off and the other AA at High. Deferred seems to have a lot more impact in performance.

It's best to use both.... 2xMSAA with Post AA set to Low.

Post AA causes a "blur" smoothing look on objects at long distance like tree's. If you only use MSAA things will look sharp at long distance, but still look like they have jaggies.

Best way to test is to look at the tree's on caspian and mess with the settings then.

I think only the tank driver's bonus applies. If you're in the loadout menu, there is only one portion for the tank. Unlike the heli which has pilot and gunner. That's my guess anyway.

No worries about the AA comment :)

At least some of them apply in tanks. I was able to use proximity scan even when I was a gunner. Not sure about stuff like autoloader.

So, anyone figure out what the two anti aliasing settings mean? I have "deferred AA" off and the other AA at High. Deferred seems to have a lot more impact in performance.

Deferred is MSAA, and Post is FXAA - this has been covered extensively in the Performance thread.

Yes! It's an easy way to get your teammates' attention.

And also a nice way to warn enemies you're about to put tire tracks on their dog tags.

in BF2 and BC2 i love riding around like a mad man honking my horn in melodic patterns while trying to run over people. i'd very much like horns added back in for BF3.

The map is Damavand Peak. The Conquest mode doesn't have that section as it is the bottom portion only.

Back