Battlefield 2042

Yeah but that's a pretty damn cool mod plus it's supported right out of the gate.

The value in this game is gonna be insane and should keep the community going for many years. I don't know how they can top this in future Battlefield games.

EA has no interest in giving their games longevity unless they can somehow monetise it, hence why they got rid of mods and dedicated servers in the first place, and why they give away the games for free in the lead up to each BF sequel (i.e. they know the games are already dead and giving them away at least has marketing value).

Keeping the community going is the exact opposite of EA's business model which is all about pushing people onto the next revenue stream, so it is very premature to give EA/DICE any credit until we know how they plan to nickel and dime users.

The speed at which you're able to survey the continent of Europe continues to amaze me.
So it's not hard, after the last video preorders in europe are just growing, and it's mostly gold edition because they want to play first.

Seems weird you can pre order but theres no system requirements released.

System requirements? RTX 3090, alder lake 12900k, 64gb ddr5 ram, and 350gb of ssd space. Now you can be pleasantly surprised when it's lower ;).
lol, please don't overdo it and be serious.
These are some predictions but it is normal that all those who do preorders have far stronger pc configurations than recommended.
https://gamertweak.com/battlefield-2042-system-requirements/
Yes, your rtx 3070 is fine, if you want a 4k ultra buy a better one

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
lol, please don't overdo it and be serious.
These are some predictions but it is normal that all those who do preorders have far stronger pc configurations than recommended.
https://gamertweak.com/battlefield-2042-system-requirements/
Yes, your rtx 3070 is fine, if you want a 4k ultra buy a better one
It was an obvious joke, unlike your magical ability to survey all of Europe in seconds. I have an RTX 3080 FTW3 ultra hybrid personally.

I love what I see but fear what they have behind their back. Some kind of fuckery is about.

So it's not hard, after the last video preorders in europe are just growing, and it's mostly gold edition because they want to play first.
Can you show me the preorder data before the last video and after the last video for Europe and compare it with say, North America?

You said it's not hard, I assume you have this data readily available and aren't just making it up.

Deciding whether to go for the gold or regular edition... Greenmangaming has a 20 % off sale for members on any preorder for BF2042 right now. $48 vs $71.

It was an obvious joke, unlike your magical ability to survey all of Europe in seconds. I have an RTX 3080 FTW3 ultra hybrid personally.
Gabe3 answered for his graphic because he is obviously afraid.
I don't have any data, but I follow the forums and I see that the preorders have started to grow, they report that they bought,mostly gold edition.
If you have the data feel free to share, I'm interested too

Gabe3 answered for his graphic because he is obviously afraid.
I don't have any data, but I follow the forums and I see that the preorders have started to grow, they report that they bought,mostly gold edition.
If you have the data feel free to share, I'm interested too
We've asked you for data multiple times which you constantly ignore. We're still waiting for your data from last week that had all of Europe cancelling preorders when they found out the game they preordered wasn't BC3 even though preorders weren't available until the game was revealed.

With each additional post you add to this topic you look more and more ridiculous.

We've asked you for data multiple times which you constantly ignore. We're still waiting for your data from last week that had all of Europe cancelling preorders when they found out the game they preordered wasn't BC3 even though preorders weren't available until the game was revealed.

With each additional post you add to this topic you look more and more ridiculous.
I have no data but the preorders are growing strongly since the last video, especially the nostalgic ones.
This data probably has ea and dice, if you have data on the number of preorders put here, data and news about the game always "leak" and we all know that it is not accidental.

Yes Portal looks insane. Jack Frags was given some behind the scenes on Portal which goes way more in depth on what can be done.

So having now watched this, assuming its all true and doesn't change (big grain of salt), this is the closet thing to EA/DICE giving the community official modding tools which they have never done before. The first thing which crossed my mind was "who is going to host these dedicated servers and what is it going to cost", which was shortly answered with "EA is going to host these custom servers for free". Right....EA specifically got rid of the community hosting model so that it could roll out its own servers to be able to charge stupid amounts for the privilege, now they are doing it for free out of the goodness of their hearts? Sounds too good to be true in light of EA's litany of shitty business practices for the last decade, so whats the catch? How is this being paid for?

If you have no data then how do you know preorder numbers? lol...
I have already mentioned that I am transmitting information from other forums, the battlefield portal has made everything crazy and now those who have already bought the regular version want gold so they can play earlier.
I don't have data, but I guess it will sell a lot in Europe now, it started poorly but the portal changed everything.
And I already mentioned that the price of the game is not important, they will pay as much as they need, it is important to them that they like the game and that they can edit it on their own and rent their servers.

I have already mentioned that I am transmitting information from other forums, the battlefield portal has made everything crazy and now those who have already bought the regular version want gold so they can play earlier.
I don't have data, but I guess it will sell a lot in Europe now, it started poorly but the portal changed everything.
And I already mentioned that the price of the game is not important, they will pay as much as they need, it is important to them that they like the game and that they can edit it on their own and rent their servers.
I’ve received a transmission from this forum you have absolutely zero clue what you’re talking about and since forum monitoring is classified as legit data, it’s official. You have no idea what you’re talking about. I think it’s quite hilarious you were predicting doom and gloom for this game in Europe about 48 hours ago and have completely changed your tune after a single video.

You pointed at cost of gaming as a major reason for a low adoption rate now you are saying money is no object and people will flock to it in droves.

forum monitoring ftw

I’ve received a transmission from this forum you have absolutely zero clue what you’re talking about and since forum monitoring is classified as legit data, it’s official. You have no idea what you’re talking about. I think it’s quite hilarious you were predicting doom and gloom for this game in Europe about 48 hours ago and have completely changed your tune after a single video.

You pointed at cost of gaming as a major reason for a low adoption rate now you are saying money is no object and people will flock to it in droves.

forum monitoring ftw
Yes, what I follow on the forums is currently like that, if they lie then I lie too.
The Battlefield portal video has changed everything and now everyone is buying the gold or ultimate edition.

Yes, what I follow on the forums is currently like that, if they lie then I lie too.
The Battlefield portal video has changed everything and now everyone is buying the gold or ultimate edition.

Then you should be able to Link the the thread where people claimed they wouldn’t buy it because “gaming isn’t free” then suddenly said cost is not a factor and they’re buying gold. If you’re not FOS, you can link those posts. I expect these to be representative of a continent of 800 million since that is how you’ve presented it to everyone here.

So having now watched this, assuming its all true and doesn't change (big grain of salt), this is the closet thing to EA/DICE giving the community official modding tools which they have never done before. The first thing which crossed my mind was "who is going to host these dedicated servers and what is it going to cost", which was shortly answered with "EA is going to host these custom servers for free". Right....EA specifically got rid of the community hosting model so that it could roll out its own servers to be able to charge stupid amounts for the privilege, now they are doing it for free out of the goodness of their hearts? Sounds too good to be true in light of EA's litany of shitty business practices for the last decade, so whats the catch? How is this being paid for?

My question is partly answered by this PC Gamer article...

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/battlefield-portal-announced-ea-play/

It's kind of like everyone gets to run a customized dedicated server with their preferred map rotation and ruleset, though of course you're not really renting a physical server. You're running a custom game instance on EA's servers that stays up for as long as players are using it.

So, on your personal Battlefield Portal "server", you can load the rules from a game type you made, or one that someone else made. You can password protect it and invite only friends, or leave it open to the public. So long as one person is in the server, it'll stay up and you can rejoin it. If the last person leaves, it poofs out of existence, but you can just start a new one and load up the same mode the next time you want to play.

Wiebe acknowledged that it won't be easy to get 127 other players into a mode you just designed, but pointed out you can design smaller modes or use bots to backfill your server until people show up (if they show up). I'm not completely sure how well random new servers will be surfaced, or if they'll get any attention at all without promotion, but big forum and Discord communities will probably rally around modes they like and keep instances of them populated. That's what I imagine happening, at least, if Battlefield Portal is at all successful.

So not dedicated servers in the conventional sense, but virtual servers that will only be spun up when you initiate a custom game. Still seems to me that this will require a metric shit tonne of server capacity if any random person can now create their own servers on EA's online infrastructure...and giving away that bandwidth at no cost? I am still waiting to see what the catch is.

Then you should be able to Link the the thread where people claimed they wouldn’t buy it because “gaming isn’t free” then suddenly said cost is not a factor and they’re buying gold. If you’re not FOS, you can link those posts. I expect these to be representative of a continent of 800 million since that is how you’ve presented it to everyone here.
I didn’t say that and it twists my words but it doesn’t matter.And I will certainly not copy the words, contact me with a private message and I will give you links to forums, so feel free to read.
They also buy the game over the origin because they want to be safe and download the game on time because there will be a big rush to the game. Some stores may be late with key deliveries and you need time to download a game that will certainly not be small.
Before the video portal there was not so much interest but after the BC2 and bf3 maps everything changed. And I don't know anything about the hazard zone yet.

I didn’t say that and it twists my words but it doesn’t matter.And I will certainly not copy the words, contact me with a private message and I will give you links to forums, so feel free to read.
They also buy the game over the origin because they want to be safe and download the game on time because there will be a big rush to the game. Some stores may be late with key deliveries and you need time to download a game that will certainly not be small.
Before the video portal there was not so much interest but after the BC2 and bf3 maps everything changed. And I don't know anything about the hazard zone yet.
Why can't you publicly post your sources?

I didn’t say copy the words. i said post a link. Only thing you need to copy is the URL

Are there any numbers of how many preorders, for example, battlefield 5 were sold in Europe, or the total number of copies sold, regardless of the sales channel?
Is there any data at all for the battlefield series?
If anyone knows let him share.

Are there any numbers of how many preorders, for example, battlefield 5 were sold in Europe, or the total number of copies sold, regardless of the sales channel?
Is there any data at all for the battlefield series?
If anyone knows let him share.

Dude in the first quote seems to have this information. Been trying to get him to share his knowledge but he’s refused. Maybe you will have better luck convincing him?

Dude in the first quote seems to have this information. Been trying to get him to share his knowledge but he’s refused. Maybe you will have better luck convincing him?
Where? Sales for bf2042 are growing strongly after the portal but I don't have exact figures.

Back