Battlefield 2042

About a decade ago the first RendeZook (exit aircraft, rocket enemy aircraft, re-enter your aircraft) took place.

The trick became legendary in the BF community, and had many imitators and similar tricks based on it performed in actual games. Reaction of a BF player seeing it in the trailer today:

Source = this vid, about 4hrs 5mins in.

People getting all moist and over excited about a bog standard pre-scripted trailer from the likes of EA/DICE....gamers truly are retarded gold fishes, its like Anthem didn't happen only 2 years ago.

This meme has never been truer.

Some of us totally skipped BF1 and BF5 after buying every BF game ever made....Say what you want but they truly got it right with BF4 and this looks headed in the right direction

People getting all moist and over excited about a bog standard pre-scripted trailer from the likes of EA/DICE....gamers truly are retarded gold fishes, its like Anthem didn't happen only 2 years ago.

Meh. Anthem has nothing to do with Battlefield / DICE

1623292215104.png

Last edited:

lol, I don't see why people pre-order these days. it'll be on cdkeys for $50 probably.

lol, I don't see why people pre-order these days. it'll be on cdkeys for $50 probably.
if im not mistaken.....many bf games eventually have promo's before release at a discount and earlier access

As I recall I got BF4 for $19.99 in Dec 2013 and then Premium upgrade on GMG a month later for like $35.
No reason to preorder.

Some of us totally skipped BF1 and BF5 after buying every BF game ever made....Say what you want but they truly got it right with BF4 and this looks headed in the right direction
And there are plenty of people who religiously buy every single BF regardless of how shit they are.

Whats more, BF4 was an unmitigated cluster fuck at release and DICE Sweden was so incompetent they had to offload it to DICE LA to get the damn thing into a playable state over 12 months after release. Like I said, gamers have the memory retention of a retarded gold fish....they quickly forget things like this:

https://www.destructoid.com/ea-battlefield-4-was-a-victim-of-its-own-ambition/

Meh. Anthem has nothing to do with Battlefield / DICE

View attachment 364614

The sort of excuse I expect from a corporate apologist like you given your history of making excuses for garbage broken products and disgusting behavior by companies like EA and Ubisoft. Anthem has plenty to do with Battlefield / DICE.....same engine, same publisher, same history of releasing half baked broken trash using misleading marketing....just a different team of in-house developers who in any event have had a pretty crap track record for the last decade. But keep telling yourself that Battlefield/DICE is some how divorced and immune from the rest of EA.

BF1 wasn't all bad, but it had faults like it's cone of fire that was all random that really fucked with you if you were using a full automatic weapon. BFV was totally mistreated by DICE and they missed all the grand battles of WW2 which was a big mistake. although BFV had the best mechanics for shooting feel of all the BF games I've played, so hope they keep most of the snappy feel that BFV brought in BF2042.

He isn't wrong, this is EA/Dice, people would be better off waiting for release than drinking the hyperaid from an EA trailer.

I am in the same boat as you, though I got BF1 and learned my lesson skipping BF5.

How hard is it to wait for day one reviews?

womp womp

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx5xpx/hackers-steal-data-electronic-arts-ea-fifa-source-code

Hackers Steal Wealth of Data from Game Giant EA​

The data includes source code for FIFA 21 and the Frostbite engine.

SEE MORE →
Hackers have broken into gaming giant Electronic Arts, the publisher of Battlefield, FIFA, and The Sims, and stole a wealth of game source code and related internal tools, Motherboard has learned.
"You have full capability of exploiting on all EA services," the hackers claimed in various posts on underground hacking forums viewed by Motherboard. A source with access to the forums, some of which are locked from public view, provided Motherboard with screenshots of the messages.
In those forum posts the hackers said they have taken the source code for FIFA 21, as well as code for its matchmaking server. The hackers also said they have obtained source code and tools for the Frostbite engine, which powers a number of EA games including Battlefield. Other stolen information includes proprietary EA frameworks and software development kits (SDKs), bundles of code that can make game development more streamlined. In all, the hackers say they have 780gb of data, and are advertising it for sale in various underground hacking forum posts viewed by Motherboard.
Do you work at EA? Do you know anything else about this breach? We’d love to hear from you. Using a non-work phone or computer, you can contact Joseph Cox securely on Signal on +44 20 8133 5190, Wickr on josephcox, OTR chat on [email protected], or email [email protected].
EA confirmed to Motherboard that it had suffered a data breach and that the information listed by the hackers was the data that was stolen.
"We are investigating a recent incident of intrusion into our network where a limited amount of game source code and related tools were stolen," an EA spokesperson told Motherboard in a statement. "No player data was accessed, and we have no reason to believe there is any risk to player privacy. Following the incident, we’ve already made security improvements and do not expect an impact on our games or our business. We are actively working with law enforcement officials and other experts as part of this ongoing criminal investigation."
Along with their forum posts the hackers shared a small selection of screenshots claiming to demonstrate their access to EA data, but did not publicly distribute any of the internal data itself. Instead, the hackers are, at least ostensibly, trying to sell the information.
"Only serious and rep [reputation] members all other would be ignored," the hackers wrote in their post.

BF1 and BF5 didn't interest me in the slightest.
The last one I bought was BF3 and it was awesome. That was actually the first time I played any online multiplayer shooter. I skipped BF4 because it looked like more of the same, although in the last few days I picked up BF4 for free through Amazon. I've only played through the campaign so far, but it seems very similar to BF3. I'll probably try out the multiplayer this weekend.

Usually its like a day or two of early access to the open beta. with bf5, people who pre-ordered got access 2 days before everyone else.

I played bf1 open beta without buying the game - I was so dissapointed, I completely skipped BF5 beta

2042 seems more like it's worth my time (but again, you dn't need preorder to get access)

Just pre-ordered for $40 origin key. You suckers wait and pay full price with your "no pre-orders!" cult.

P. S. I never had any issues with bf4 on launch, only read about them. I played a lot too.

Just pre-ordered for $40 origin key. You suckers wait and pay full price with your "no pre-orders!" cult.

P. S. I never had any issues with bf4 on launch, only read about them. I played a lot too.
i said do not preorder, didnt say anything about paying full price. i just believe that a company should be able to pay for the whole dev of a game before release. no preorders, no early access shit. like the old days...

Honesty I don't recall issues that effected me either......there was sli/cF issues? People complain about stuttering? Maybe it was idk....I just don't recall any game breaking issues that effected me....I think people with borderline stable builds were crashing? That always happens

i said do not preorder, didnt say anything about paying full price. i just believe that a company should be able to pay for the whole dev of a game before release. no preorders, no early access shit. like the old days...
No one funds the last 2 months of dev off of pre-orders. Also pre-orders and bonuses for them have been around forever... At least since the 90s. I don't recall any in the 80s though so I guess you could time travel back to then :).

No one funds the last 2 months of dev off of pre-orders. Also pre-orders and bonuses for them have been around forever... At least since the 90s. I don't recall any in the 80s though so I guess you could time travel back to then :).
not all preorders are only 2 months. i dont remember preorders being a norm until the last 10 years or so, when people started falling for it. we have a very long thread on that one...

not all preorders are only 2 months. i dont remember preorders being a norm until the last 10 years or so, when people started falling for it. we have a very long thread on that one...
Heh, I feel like pre-orders were more common before digital services, ie steam, hit the market and stores really only got a certain # of copies. Nowadays I largely agree there's no reason to preorder, except discounts and freebie stuff (and if it's cancelable, no harm).

Heh, I feel like pre-orders were more common before digital services, ie steam, hit the market and stores really only got a certain # of copies. Nowadays I largely agree there's no reason to preorder, except discounts and freebie stuff (and if it's cancelable, no harm).
i guess i didnt think of game store presales, ive never preordered anything. but i dont know it that worked the same way it does now, did the preorder money end up in devs hands or eb corp offices' hands.

i guess i didnt think of game store presales, ive never preordered anything. but i dont know it that worked the same way it does now, did the preorder money end up in devs hands or eb corp offices' hands.
Corp offices back then. You also usually only had to put $5 to $10 down whihc was refundable with receipt if you wanted to cancel, or didn't want the game after it launched. If you didn't pick it up, the copy was released and you could come pick up your deposit whenever.

One of my friends preordered Duke Nukem Forever in 2002-2003. Had a group of friends who preordered Final Fantasy VII in 1997.

In the days of more physical sales a preorder or presale was good because retailers didn't want to order more than they were going to sell. It was especially important with localized Japanese titles. I remember when I went out to buy a copy of Final Fantasy IX after it came out that it was really difficult to find at any of the large retail stores.

One of my friends preordered Duke Nukem Forever in 2002-2003. Had a group of friends who preordered Final Fantasy VII in 1997.

In the days of more physical sales a preorder or presale was good because retailers didn't want to order more than they were going to sell. It was especially important with localized Japanese titles. I remember when I went out to buy a copy of Final Fantasy IX after it came out that it was really difficult to find at any of the large retail stores.
i get that, and we just covered all that and its not really the same thing. thats like putting a deposit down that the retailer has. current day preorders are helping devs raise money to finish games, well the longer ones are.

When does the BF6 trailer come out? I’m looking forward to Battlefield 6 the true sequel to BF4.

I have no idea what this BF2042 thing is? But it’s not BF6.

Back