Battlefield 2042

Some bullshots:

1623249304326.png

1623249353280.png

1623249381397.png

1623249409493.png

Makes me what to sign up for the Military I know one guy who actually did he doesn't game much anymore he's like home 4 times a year on his Steam account.

Do better to earn unlocks faster. The important ones can be earned quickly.

Nope, the unlock system became a tedious bloated borefest quite intentionally and blatantly designed to wear down people into paying to skip it. Playing a game shouldn't feel like a chore but that's exactly what EA and DICE achieved with their convoluted trash system.

There was a reason why ranking servers were so popular, was fucking hilarious watching hoards of players running between flags in tanks, humvees and planes to fast track their unlocks with an unspoken rule not to kill each other.

Nope, the unlock system became a tedious bloated borefest quite intentionally and blatantly designed to wear down people into paying to skip it. Playing a game shouldn't feel like a chore but that's exactly what EA and DICE achieved with their convoluted trash system.

There was a reason why ranking servers were so popular, was fucking hilarious watching hoards of players running between flags in tanks, humvees and planes to fast track their unlocks with an unspoken rule not to kill each other.

I thought BF3/4's unlock system was fine, never felt like a grind. And if you were looking for something special to unlock there were Youtube videos on how to do it easily. In the end its all part of their 'carrot' system to keep players coming back.

Legit excited for this, just seen that the game is $10 less on Xbox thanks to ea play/gamepass so now I'm torn between my xsx and pc lol

A blending of BF3/4 timeline leading up to BF2142. Getting a mix of both.

I love how they incorporated a few "only in Battlefield moments" like the infamous "Rendezook".

and the mid-air ram of a helicopter.

BATTLEFIELD 2042 ALL DETAILS! (Maps, Guns, Classes, Vehicles, Release Date, Modes, Player count)​

When I saw "Battlefield 2042" for some reason I was thinking it was going to be a sequel/remake of 2142. Not so much...bummer.

I've noticed a few things about the possible story...

I was listening to the random radio chatter on the countdown stream, and heard a few things that seem to indicate a 3rd faction like "US and Russian forces have been accused of escalating the conflict"... almost like they are getting involved in someone else's war.

There was another quote that mentioned "who are you going to fight for when there are no countries left?" or something like that.

Then I noticed something else in the trailer itself. I saw obvious US and Russian vehicles and weapons... but a new logo on the side of some of the troops and vehicles that looks like a giant capital "N".

1623254011663.png

1623254081498.png

Then we get a giant missile launch that everyone is trying to shoot down, and a giant tornado inside a city that pops up out of nowhere (which rarely happens IRL).

Anyone else getting GI JOE weather dominator vibes? LMAO. Then the story for BF2142 was there was a freak rapidly onset ice-age in the middle of global warming so it kinda fits.

Maybe some tie-ins to the Phantom program from BF4 and BF1?

All just fun random speculation. I could be completely wrong too.

Last edited:
Wow. Very good trailer. And I'm glad I didn't buy too much into the severely pixelated leaks over the last several weeks. Because this trailer is a lot of fun. Digs up the roots of what made us all fall in love with Battlefield in the first place, and with added features too.

The tornado is a big LOL, but a fun one that I'd happily welcome.

128 Player matches, 7 maps, 3 multiplayer modes(no firestorm or campaign).

Looks like they skimmed it down to enhance what they've got.

Last edited:
Wow. Very good trailer. And I'm glad I didn't buy too much into the severely pixelated leaks over the last several weeks. Because this trailer is a lot of fun. Digs up the roots of what made us all fall in love with Battlefield in the first place, and with added features too.

I didn't see the reveal, did they reveal player or map count at all? Any news on the firestorm?
the tornado is funny. I was digging the trailer till that part I'm like ehh? but I guess it makes sense cause of global warming in 2042 there will be tornados everywhere and all the time.

but anyway I'm excited.

128 Player matches, 7 maps, 3 multiplayer modes(no firestorm or campaign.

Looks like they skimmed it down to enhance what they've got.
The lack of campaign should be celebrated. The campaigns for BF3 and BF4 were actually good, IMO, however most people played it once - if that - and then only multiplayer thereafter.

So the criticism of DICE was often "screw the campaign and devote all your resources to the multiplayer, FFS".

Well now they did it. And almost undoubtedly there will be the "what, no campaign?" idiots, including the inevitable reviews citing "no campaign" as a negative - but they can suck it! :D

Last edited:
I was laughing so hard at them trying to run away on that dinkey little 3 wheeled tuk-tuk taxi. Another "only in battlefield moment" where you go "OH SHIT!" as you try desperately to get away.

Last time the Tuk-Tuk was in there was BFBC2:Vietnam.
1623255556875.png

Last edited:
wow, im really getting impressed. but it seems bizarre theres no battle royale. warzone has made over 2 billion. tons of people are playing it, I don't really understand. I'm going to assume it comes as a free to play game later on next year. if they announce it before the paid version of the game releases you have alot of people just waiting.

Last edited:
Ok glad there is no BR mode. Also, please for the love of god have a hardcore mode. Really don’t want to shoot someone 10 times to have them be at 10% health still.

I also like the idea that there won’t be a single player element. Thank fucking god, I remember you HAD to play the SP part of the game to unlock guns.

I am not 100% going to buy it right away because it will be on EA play for $15 for me to try out lol.

wow, im really getting impressed. but it seems bizarre theres no battle royale. warzone has made over 2 billion. tons of people are playing it, I don't really understand. I'm going to assume it comes as a free to play game later on next year. if they announce it before the paid version of the game releases you have alot of people just waiting.

No battle royale because Firestorm sucked hardcore. IIRC, it got farmed out to another developer, was a bit buggy for a while, and all interest in it went away in just a couple months. The idea just doesn't work well with Battlefield's game mechanics and they were already spending countless resources making it and getting it to work when they should have been working on the core game. And since EVERY SINGLE BATTLEFIELD GAME is a bug ridden mess for the first few months (its so bad its a meme now), for them to divert resources for creating that game mode in an already over saturated battle royale market instead of fixing the game was really a slap in the face to BF fans.

If you want battle royale, stick with Warzone, PUBG, or Fortnite. They do it better.

I've noticed a few things about the possible story...

I was listening to the random radio chatter on the countdown stream, and heard a few things that seem to indicate a 3rd faction like "US and Russian forces have been accused of escalating the conflict"... almost like they are getting involved in someone else's war.

There was another quote that mentioned "who are you going to fight for when there are no countries left?" or something like that.

Then I noticed something else in the trailer itself. I saw obvious US and Russian vehicles and weapons... but a new logo on the side of some of the troops and vehicles that looks like a giant capital "N".

View attachment 364346
View attachment 364347

Then we get a giant missile launch that everyone is trying to shoot down, and a giant tornado inside a city that pops up out of nowhere (which rarely happens IRL).

Anyone else getting GI JOE weather dominator vibes? LMAO. Then the story for BF2142 was there was a freak rapidly onset ice-age in the middle of global warming so it kinda fits.

Maybe some tie-ins to the Phantom program from BF4 and BF1?

All just fun random speculation. I could be completely wrong too.

The real enemy is global warming, lol.

but it seems bizarre theres no battle royale.
Praise the lord!

-No Battle Royale diluting Battlefield's core competency and splitting playerbase
-No tacked-on SP campaign
-128 players
-Customizable robot dog
-AI bots
-Titan mode? (rumored TBA)

Is this heaven? Seriously, I see it as a plus that DICE is focusing on quintessential Battlefield. I'm sure there was debate about including it, especially from the EA suits, but trying to be everything can also be a trap if a developer's core gameplay suffers for diverting resources to chasing a departed hype train.

Last edited:
I don't think it failed because it sucked. It failed because it was locked behind a $60 game whereas all other BRs were completely free. If DICE really went all in on a FREE BR, I'm sure they could compete.
Exactly. firestorm was good, but they put it into a game that was regarded as bad with a dwindling player base

So one thing I noticed missing in the trailer was sea based vehicles. Do we know if that'll be in the game or not?

I don't think it failed because it sucked. It failed because it was locked behind a $60 game whereas all other BRs were completely free. If DICE really went all in on a FREE BR, I'm sure they could compete.
That's also true. But it also sucked hardcore and couldn't even get a decent player base from existing BF players.

I'm interested in the vehicles and weapons because that is one of the most important aspects of a BF game for me.

What I see so far for vehicles:

KA-52 - What I find interesting is this doesn't have a gun mounted on the bottom but rather the side, but still seats two people. I wonder what this means for gameplay since you can't have a traditional gunner. The amount of rotation the gun gets is very small and on the right side only.

1l-image-61.jpg

AH-64 - I assume this will work as it always did gameplay wise.
AH-6

T-14
Some futuristic tank, I assume for "the west". It is at 52 seconds. If someone knows what this is if it exists let me know.

Some type of hover craft, looks real
Some type of APC with only a small machine gun on top. Not sure if this is real (doesn't look to be) and what role it will play? 1:46

F-35B
Su-57

Guns:

MCX, looks like the up scaled SPEAR
M4/AR of some type
LWRC SMG-45
AK of some type

Of course some of this might not make it in the game because this isn't gameplay, but I assume everything shown will. And we'll likely have more vehicles as well. Really hoping we get at least one other real world tank.

The lack of campaign should be celebrated. The campaigns for BF3 and BF4 were actually good, IMO, however most people played it once - if that - and then only multiplayer thereafter.

I'll disagree. I'd prefer a simple campaign because the alternative is just them pocketing more money. I really don't think we'll get any more from them canning it. And I don't mind a solid, AAA FPS with good graphics. Although BF4's campaign was a bit disjointed it was still fun as a tack on.

As for Battle Royale, I hope it never comes.

So the criticism of DICE was often "screw the campaign and devote all your resources to the multiplayer, FFS".

Well now they did it. And almost undoubtedly there will be the "what, no campaign?" idiots, including the inevitable reviews citing "no campaign" as a negative - but they can suck it! :D

Whereas the only reason I picked up BF1 and BFV were for the campaign. *shrug* But to be fair this was way after launch at a heavy discount.

looks like we're getting less maps

bf1: 9
bf5: 8
bf2042: 7

I'm okay with that if the 7 maps total a bigger area than any combination of maps in any previous BF installment.

As I haven't seen any DLC plans yet, I'm willing to bet there's at least 3 to 5 additional maps on the horizon post release.

Next series of questions for me - is there going to be a server list, and custom server option still? Hardcore mode too?
Custom time limits? Or are we going to be subjected to the crappy COD style time limits?

I'm hoping for at least a decent 30 to 45 minute battle per match.

Next series of questions for me - is there going to be a server list, and custom server option still? Hardcore mode too?
Custom time limits? Or are we going to be subjected to the crappy COD style time limits?

I'm hoping for at least a decent 30 to 45 minute battle per match.

They need all the options BF4 had in a similar layout. And all the same server options to. If they can do it in an in game menu that launches/exits the main game similar to Battlelog but without requiring and external browser that would be great to.

Back