BATTLEFIELD 1

I am not hearing good things about the hardcore servers like no friendly icons so things like the bomber are nearly impossible to use safely since you can't tell team vs other side. They also got rid of the full map in hardcore so hope you know where you are going and memorized the map already.

This isn't the hardcore mode from BF3/BF4.

Sounds like a true hardcore mode! Hopefully does not take 1 clip to kill someone now

They might as well go the Halo route and just make the game console only. No reason to have it on pc at this point.

When you let a company fuck you like this, they will just think of bigger and wider objects to shove up your ass.

To quote Ice Cube, "This butt says exit only."

Dedicated servers with admins or go fuck a beehive EA.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoFGR
like this
I am not hearing good things about the hardcore servers like no friendly icons so things like the bomber are nearly impossible to use safely since you can't tell team vs other side. They also got rid of the full map in hardcore so hope you know where you are going and memorized the map already.

This isn't the hardcore mode from BF3/BF4.

Yikes, I hope they bring back classic mode then. It was a mix of the two.

like this
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/59060/what-happened-with-the-graphics

Apparently a graphics downgrade / bug. Ultra users are claiming their VRAM usage has halved and there is no difference between texture options. Some comparison pics posted, looks like lighting is different too. Some people are thinking its a bug with Resolution Scaling, some thinking there is a perma-FXAA being applied no matter the setting.

---

Personally its running better / smoother for me but I only played an hour last night. I did notice the graphics looked "different".

I dunno basically looks the same to me. Ultra everything, 1440p.

I don't have the problem with the new Nvidia drivers I've seen people complaining about and I guess the game seems to run a little better although it was super smooth before anyway.

Played some HC, its way too difficult to play IMO in regards to teamkilling, especially on maps with desert patterns where both sides are relatively indistinguishable. I had a guy in my sights like 10ft away prone sniper, i assumed it was an enemy because no team icon showed up (as they do when you highlight them), well it turned out to be friendly and boom kicked. I dunno how many others i had racked up previous to that (3/4th through round). I had started off in tank, which again is scary to play as, i attempted to be careful with all my shots (is that friend?) but you basically have no idea. Plus just about anyone can stand near you and accidentally get run over (which happened to me, a light tank turned slightly and i was insta'd ).

The fog of war pistol only mode is neat for a change of pace, there is a bug with it atm if you choose sniper and K bullets you load with half a rifle that shoots what appears to be shotgun pellets. Also if you're having issues spawning on custom servers, you have to unequip any disallowed weapons/gadgets, it doesn't just automatically disable them. (i dunno if it behaved like this in bf4 but it was new to me).

Overall my performance is much steadier and i have yet to crash from my previous errors SO FAR. Haven't had a chance to check out the new suez yet.

Fog of War would interest me if it wasn't TDM. I used to play Pistol servers anyway with Friendly Fire on, but we played Domination so you had some sort of objective. TDM does nothing for me.

It looks like DICE responded to a post on the Rent a Server feedback.

Heya! Thanks for the feedback! We are aware of this and are already working on a few additions for Rent a Server!

1. Admin control.
  2. VIP queue.
  3. Increasing total maps in the rotations
  4. Custom player counts
  5. More granular weapon restrictions
  6. Custom Banners
  7. Map Vote
  8. Sniper only
And much more... I hope to be able to share more as times goes by

Regards Striterax

Of course why wasn't this in at release when you know this is what is expected.

And tiggr chimed in

As an addition, we are looking to expand the custom game experience and really listen to what you guys want here. This is a real opportunity as a platform for us to enable all those cool things you've been asking for as game modes and special rulesets for years.

I also hope to see some really neat custom game setup created by you guys that become gamemodes in their own right down the line :)

Last edited:
like this
Fog of War would interest me if it wasn't TDM. I used to play Pistol servers anyway with Friendly Fire on, but we played Domination so you had some sort of objective. TDM does nothing for me.

It looks like DICE responded to a post on the Rent a Server feedback.

Of course why wasn't this in at release when you know this is what is expected.

And tiggr chimed in
I'm fairly certain it wasn't there on release for these reasons.

1. EA/DICE wanted even more stranglehold on what their servers can/can't do and wanted more money. That meant cutting out all the other server providers. This might be to prevent server game files from leaking out, but I doubt that. The one and only benefit of this is that if their customers are having bad lag experiences then people can't blame EA for the providers lack of maintenance or lacking hardware. Unfortunately for them, now when people blame EA they are the ones at fault.

2. Being a big corporation looking only at $$, they probably over prioritized the console experience. I'm almost certain this was a decision made at higher management levels in EA above the developers (DICE), as the DICE developers have always been pretty passionate about their work and at least listening to customer feedback. DICE started as a PC developer, so they have an idea of what the PC community wants. Since there weren't many server options on previous console iterations of BF3 and BF4 so things like kick/ban ability were an afterthought. I honestly think this is why joystick support was initially left out too.

3. Upon the announcement of no RCon/ProCon during the summer, the whole PC community went rage mode. DICE/EA was caught with their dicks in hand. Upper management realized how big a fuckup they had and had the RSP program delayed so they could polish it a bit more. Features like kick/ban, VIP slots, player counts, etc. that were an initial afterthought due to #2 above were put on backburner as they scrambled to polish what they had in the shortest amount of time.

like this
I do not like hardcore mode. I love the bullet damage increase, everything else not so much. back to normal for me. if your gonna play hardcore, play sniper or medic with a scoped gun.

Just had the largest margin of victory I've seen in a complete 32v32 conquest game since release.
TXFGvCq.jpg

I wonder if the competitive clans still want the old scoring system with ticket bleed back. It seems most conquest games will end with a fairly close score, though comebacks from the losing team are less frequent and more difficult to pull off. As a casual player I don't really notice any major issues with it.

Just had the largest margin of victory I've seen in a complete 32v32 conquest game since release.
TXFGvCq.jpg

I wonder if the competitive clans still want the old scoring system with ticket bleed back. It seems most conquest games will end with a fairly close score, though comebacks from the losing team are less frequent and more difficult to pull off. As a casual player I don't really notice any major issues with it.

I've had some blowouts but overall I think BF1 has more competitive rounds than previous BF titles. Just last night I played a conquest game where my team had a comfortable lead (not totally dominating) the entire round. Then the losing team got a dreadnaught and played hard and ended up coming back right at the end to win 1000-997. Even being on the losing side of that I was like "that was awesome." Some people think that exact scenario is why behemoths should be removed from the game, but it's exactly why I love them. Makes things interesting.

TXFGvCq.jpg

That's child's play. Just did this 32vs32. :)

Played another two HC matches, getting used to things. There should be better friendly tagging IMO but overall its a much different experience. Everyone is deadly, snipers are murderers, friends are also enemies, its pure insanity. Wish there was better friendly tagging, maybe have their tags perma up within a certain vicinity? Especially in vehicles, had a guy wipe out an entire squad of teammates (me included) because he didn't realize. You don't even get a "killed a teamate" notification, just a kill noise that is slightly different than the normal one.

DX12 won't work for me. Game crashes right away. Still testing DX11. Performance fixes seem to be great so far.

EDIT: It works if Afterburner and Riva are closed in DX12.

This is absolutely fucking unacceptable. It was working fine before the patch and for any other goddamn DX12 game i played. Fuck DICE EA.

Is there an easy way to search or filter for hardcore servers? Searching for 'HC' or 'hardcore' seems like the best way but then I get empty servers etc. popping up.

Changes to the lmgs have made my day, so easy to just murder snipers with a prone bipod telescopic fun. Plus the limpet charge is so much fun.

Changes to the lmgs have made my day, so easy to just murder snipers with a prone bipod telescopic fun. Plus the limpet charge is so much fun.

I do love the new LMG changes but the god I hate the limpet, just a weak explosion for having to run up to the tank.

Yeah. I look forward to playing whenever they finally get around to allowing the community to fix their game. Custom servers ftw.

As an added bonus. For which I would pay top dollar. Slap the suits dlc.

Hit level 16 now. Game is really fun. Can't get enough of it. Getting better with the medic snipers. Will take a long while before I can unlock everything. For some reason progression really feels slow. I am usually top 3-5 players in my team but still can't score like 28k per match that gays here keep talking about.

Hit level 16 now. Game is really fun. Can't get enough of it. Getting better with the medic snipers. Will take a long while before I can unlock everything. For some reason progression really feels slow. I am usually top 3-5 players in my team but still can't score like 28k per match that gays here keep talking about.
lulz

Anyone know if SLI is still broken? Wondering if the new nvidia hotfix drivers fixed it or if we have to wait for DICE to patch it.

Yeah, the regular hardcore mode is retarded. As others have said, you literally don't know who is your enemy, unless you spot them every time.

However, after searching a few servers, I've found some pretty good ones that clear this up.

I can only imagine DICE will change HC for the better.

Why did they keep the hud almost the same in HC but took out friendly icons? Makes no sense.

I'm getting random disconnects while playing with friends where I end up showing as 'offline'. Really infuriating when it's an Operations match, and almost at end. I don't know if it keeps a record of what I've achieved thus far during the match, or if it goes down the drain. Another part is when I'm playing in a match, and I hit Escape to check a tracked medal (or to check squads) - everything kind of 'hangs'. The game screen blurs out, I can see my character in match, but I get a windows cursor and nothing else. This happened twice to me last night where a friend joined in, and I needed to change squads/free up a slot on the squad, but couldn't do anything and had to Alt-F4.

Yeah, the regular hardcore mode is retarded. As others have said, you literally don't know who is your enemy, unless you spot them every time.

A lot of people in this thread are saying you can't see enemies. I haven't played a round of hardcore yet so I ask this as a general question. Can't you tell from the uniforms? That's how hardcore mode worked in old school games if I recall correctly.

A lot of people in this thread are saying you can't see enemies. I haven't played a round of hardcore yet so I ask this as a general question. Can't you tell from the uniforms? That's how hardcore mode worked in old school games if I recall correctly.

I had trouble on the Fao Fortress map that I played HC in - it was a bit difficult for me to differentiate between the darker uniforms and the purportedly lighter colored uniforms of the opponents. If I hover over someone for a bit or so, I get the icon- but by then, if it's the enemy, I get picked off. I've been victim to more TKs that I eventually figured out (via the blue name highlight of who killed you). Most of my kills were melee kills when I was up close and coming up from behind folks.

I don't think I've played a match where the chat channel was streaming with "Shit, sorry!" and the like.

No you're right. Some maps it's an issue at first. But yeah, the uniform colors are a dead give away.

You can tell them from uniforms if you have the resolution cranked enough or don't have partial color blindness. The problem is you have to be able to see the flag patch on the soldier's shoulder on his uniform. The Germans also have some decoration on the helmets.

Some maps are better than others because there is a bigger difference in color for the uniforms like Green for Italian, Black/gray for Austria-Hungary. The other problem is the vehicles. DICE took the approach that the enemies used captured vehicles (which they often did in reality, especially the Germans). The only issue is there is no color consistency, and often times the country flag is not showing properly. I quite often see nothing but a black square on light tanks.

Daaaaaamn. And on the other end of the spectrum:
jQnxANZ.png
I've had about a dozen of those rounds already and we are a month into the game. I might have had that happen less than 10 times in 3 years of BF4. Sometimes the matchmaking works spectacularly well. Sometimes it spectacularly fails.

The times I've seen it fail is usually after a squad or two worth of guy's leave the server. Things are imbalanced real quick and it takes a few rounds for things to balance out again.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...t-from-alexander-hassoon-regarding-rsp#latest

Hi,

My name is Alexander Hassoon and I’m the Producer on the Rent-a-Server program in Battlefield 1. I wanted to take some time to talk to you about what we have in store for it in in the near future.

Firstly, I need to cover some history! In previous Battlefield titles, Rent-a-Server was handled in-game on console by EA while PC was handled outside the game client by third-party providers. This setup gave PC server admins a large amount of control on the game server but often at the cost of the overall player experience. The console server admins had very little control, but the player experience was very similar to playing on official servers. We all remember how as a player you would end up on a server that did not allow certainly gameplay elements and you would be kicked or banned immediately by accidentally using one of the restricted items!

So the challenge we set to ourselves at DICE was as follows - How can we increase admin control levels while not sacrificing the player experience?

We started by implementing PC Rent-a-Server to the Battlefield 1 game client with the release of the Nov 15 patch. It was a very tough call to make but we felt it had to be done to offer a consistent experience for all players and allowed us control of the admin options there are.

We added a lot of customization options that were not natively available in the game client before, features such as Class Restrictions, Weapon Class Restriction and Explosives Restrictions. Server admins in Battlefield 1 can now control all these options while the players won’t be punished for using them by mistake.

So what does the future hold for the Rent-a-Server program in Battlefield 1?

We will continue working on adding more features and tools as well as a bunch of other cool stuff which we aren’t quite ready to talk about just now.

We see the Rent-a-Server program in Battlefield 1 very much as a live service that will evolve over time based on your feedback, so keep it coming as we hear you loud and clear.

Sincerely
Alexander “Striterax” Hassoon

Sounds like they wanted the console experience on PC to me.

I also don't remember ever joining a server and getting kicked because I couldn't read.

I've had about a dozen of those rounds already and we are a month into the game. I might have had that happen less than 10 times in 3 years of BF4. Sometimes the matchmaking works spectacularly well. Sometimes it spectacularly fails.

The times I've seen it fail is usually after a squad or two worth of guy's leave the server. Things are imbalanced real quick and it takes a few rounds for things to balance out again.

Same here, I've had a lot more competitive games in this Battlefield than any other. That's not to say this is my favorite Battlefield game of all time (it's not) but the close games really make it fun.

I'm getting random disconnects while playing with friends where I end up showing as 'offline'. Really infuriating when it's an Operations match, and almost at end. I don't know if it keeps a record of what I've achieved thus far during the match, or if it goes down the drain. Another part is when I'm playing in a match, and I hit Escape to check a tracked medal (or to check squads) - everything kind of 'hangs'. The game screen blurs out, I can see my character in match, but I get a windows cursor and nothing else. This happened twice to me last night where a friend joined in, and I needed to change squads/free up a slot on the squad, but couldn't do anything and had to Alt-F4.
make sure your drivers actually install. I dont know why but geforce experience doesn't install the driver for me on the first try. it says it installed but after a restart or two I'm back to the old driver. maybe its a win10 issue. I had this happen with the last driver. and now thinking I had the latest driver from tuesday, its back to the old one.

Played another two HC matches, getting used to things. There should be better friendly tagging IMO but overall its a much different experience. Everyone is deadly, snipers are murderers, friends are also enemies, its pure insanity. Wish there was better friendly tagging, maybe have their tags perma up within a certain vicinity? Especially in vehicles, had a guy wipe out an entire squad of teammates (me included) because he didn't realize. You don't even get a "killed a teamate" notification, just a kill noise that is slightly different than the normal one.

It's been so long that I don't remember which, but one of the old bf mods modeled packs on one team and no packs on the other team. I kind of liked that method.

Back