• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BATTLEFIELD 1

in the beta you could spot and it would show where they move for a couple seconds, really useful.

Is it still like that? In prior games it'd stay with the player for a long time.

I prefer that it drops off as soon as they're not visible.
 
People thst bought the ultimate version "$130" had a week ahead advantage.. played like non stop and had there mommy make them sambitches! Haha

Good for them, question still not answered. Is it normal for a level 6 to go up against 39-50 level players? Matchmaking semi broken?
 
man this game is great. Graphics are amazing! Everything on ultra with 150% Resolution Scale and I get between 65-75fps. Which is perfect since I run a 46inch 1080p monitor.

Just shocked how good this game is. Specially the level with all the foilage. REALLY cannot wait for the new mass effect on this engine. Frostbite engine is just badass.
 
Bunch of hypocrites!
Praising BF1 yet hated Battlefront. This game says Battlefront all over it :p just reskinned. About as little of maps too. Even the planes spawn the same.
What gives? :)
 
Last edited:
Good for them, question still not answered. Is it normal for a level 6 to go up against 39-50 level players? Matchmaking semi broken?

Matchmaking never was friendly, I'm sure it goes by your skill rating stat somehow, but its always been more like "Game with people in it".
 
To answer my own quesiton, some faggots are DDOSING servers on the east coast. So you'll get errors if you pick an east coast server. Pick west coast and your fine.
I'm glad you mentioned this. :D
The west coast servers have about an extra 10ms of ping to them, yet are mostly lag free for me. That seems counter intuitive for most people if they don't know the difference between ping and dropped packets (which happens to be one of the orange icons flashing on the right of the screen).

If 1 ping packet makes it through to the server, you will get a response with a time stamp. However, the other 5 or so packets could take 10-50ms longer or be dropped and the simplistic ping counter would only show the best time. This means that hit registration will be all over the place. With all the DDOS attacks, that's precisely what's going on. The servers, routers, and switches are all so swamped with traffic and can't process it fast enough that packets begin to timeout.

The route isn't completely static 100% of the time either. The hops along the way may be going to the same physical location, but as one router/switch may get busy things might get re-routed through a different router/switch in the same building.

This is what drives me crazy when people in any online game scream "THE SERVER'S LAGGY!" because 9 times out of 10 it has nothing to do with the server.

Good for them, question still not answered. Is it normal for a level 6 to go up against 39-50 level players? Matchmaking semi broken?
It probably is. I believe it's not basing it on rank, but rather things like score per minute and/or skill point calculations. Theoretically, that means you are playing as well as some of the high level players especially since kills themselves don't count as many points as simply capturing flags, spotting enemies, resupplying, or healing. Realistically, you are new to the game and don't know the maps and all the tricks yet.

Bunch of hypocrites!
Praising BF1 yet hated Battlefront. This game says Battlefront all over it :p just reskinned. About as little of maps too. Even the planes spawn the same.
What gives? :)
The problem that Battlefront had that people hated the most was the lack of rentable servers that could be admin'd or set to custom play modes. DICE finally has given most of the details about servers and they include both those abilities. The other problem was the game interface and social features for joining on friends that were poorly designed.

I actually like the game physics a lot more than BF4. It doesn't feel like my soldier drags his feet or trips on the smallest of pebbles.
 
I actually like the game physics a lot more than BF4. It doesn't feel like my soldier drags his feet or trips on the smallest of pebbles.

I only played the beta/alpha, but I loved the movement in BF3/4. It had weight and felt like you were moving rather than floating. I never had any issues with tripping or getting stuck on pebbles either. I loved how running up stairs was slower to. The main issue in 3/4 was mantling/climbing was off sometimes, but the same could be said for the BF1 beta.
 
I only played the beta/alpha, but I loved the movement in BF3/4. It had weight and felt like you were moving rather than floating. I never had any issues with tripping or getting stuck on pebbles either. I loved how running up stairs was slower to. The main issue in 3/4 was mantling/climbing was off sometimes, but the same could be said for the BF1 beta.
It's hard to explain really.

My soldier didn't actually trip on pebbles, that's a bit of hyperbole. It just felt like the soldier's running pattern was as if their boot was only being lifted about a half inch off the ground. Maybe it was less weapon or head bobbing with sprinting, maybe it was a slower sprint speed, I'm not entirely sure. The mantling was another huge thing I've noticed.

Now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense in a historical sense. WWI soldiers weren't wearing body armor or carrying packs full of of gear like the ones shown in BF3/4. A WWI soldier's life expectancy was measured in days so they carried a rifle, some ammo, and maybe a grenade or two. Maybe DICE took this into account when programming the physics engine and made the soldier's a bit lighter. This brings me to another odd coincidence...the elite soldier pickups like the sentry and flamethrower trooper actually feel like playing a BF4 soldier (except for the lack of aiming down sights), so there maybe some truth to this.
 
Best BF game since BC2. BF3 was ok, BF4 should've been what BF3 could've been, Hardline is garbage.

I came into the series at BC2. This is equal and in other ways better.
What frustrates me about this game is what makes it perfect. Life expectancey is very low in this game, just like WWI.

I also would like to see better map indicators for AA/AV and for Flag Icons not to fade which causes them to get lost in the environment.
 
Starting playing the campaign last night. Who runs DX12? Apparently DX12 doesn't perform any better (sometimes worse?) on Nvidia cards than DX11? I'm currently running DX12, but may swap back to 11 if this is the case. Running a GTX 1070 at 1440p60h
 
They need to turn on hardcore. The game runs fine.... but about 1 hr into game-play I'm already tired as shit of emptying a mag into people up and watching them skip off.
 
It's hard to explain really.

My soldier didn't actually trip on pebbles, that's a bit of hyperbole. It just felt like the soldier's running pattern was as if their boot was only being lifted about a half inch off the ground. Maybe it was less weapon or head bobbing with sprinting, maybe it was a slower sprint speed, I'm not entirely sure. The mantling was another huge thing I've noticed.

Now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense in a historical sense. WWI soldiers weren't wearing body armor or carrying packs full of of gear like the ones shown in BF3/4. A WWI soldier's life expectancy was measured in days so they carried a rifle, some ammo, and maybe a grenade or two. Maybe DICE took this into account when programming the physics engine and made the soldier's a bit lighter. This brings me to another odd coincidence...the elite soldier pickups like the sentry and flamethrower trooper actually feel like playing a BF4 soldier (except for the lack of aiming down sights), so there maybe some truth to this.

I liked the minimal weapon flopping. Lots of games make your gun flop around like a fish out of water for some reason. As for the weight issue, some other things to take into account. The modern soldier is much more fit and stronger/larger than those from a century ago. And while heavier overall, the gear is much more snug and likely more comfortable than the crappy gear used back then. Just looks at a modern sling or mag pouches, then look at the old bandoliers and slings of the era. Rifle wise, guns were long and should be harder to hold still for long periods of time. Lot of things to account for, but a soldier with the crap gear they had back then likely won't be running quicker or holding their weapon as steady as their modern counterparts.
 
I just ordered it from Amazon for their Prime Member's discounted rate ($47.99), which seemed good enough to jump on. Downside is that I need to wait a couple days for the "physical" copy (i.e., code) before I can install it. I'm already backlogged on games. Why do I keep doing this?
 
See my screen name? The Q comes from what I've done in these games since Bad Company 2 (still the one I did best in)... spam the Q button (usually the default) for spotting. That's my gig. Even if I'm sucking hind tit spotting is one thing I can always do. :)
I am 100% positive I am the only person in BF1 that spots enemies.

Im also sure im the only one that has ever revived a teammate.
 
I am 100% positive I am the only person in BF1 that spots enemies.

Im also sure im the only one that has ever revived a teammate.
lol. I got revived a lot and did a lot of reviving in my first 3 hrs of playing tonight. way easier to find people to revive now than it was in the beta. also once that circular timer thing over their body goes away i think you can still revive them.
 
lol. I got revived a lot and did a lot of reviving in my first 3 hrs of playing tonight. way easier to find people to revive now than it was in the beta. also once that circular timer thing over their body goes away i think you can still revive them.
This has been my entire BF1 experience as medic:

O0aX1jX.gif
 
Reading on reddit that the update erased all progression/stats.
Considering all the stats are stored on EA's servers and not your computer, that's an impossibility. The only way that's happening is if they wipe the EA servers holding the data. Anyone showing their stats as back to zero likely has the same issue that was going on early in BF4 also...a connection issue with Origin.

I just finished the update a few minutes ago. Signed back in and still rank 45.
 
I am 100% positive I am the only person in BF1 that spots enemies.

I've also found people not spotting much. Pretty lame considering all one has to do is hit "Q". Makes suppression, sniping, and mortaring more difficult than it has to be.
 
I am 100% positive I am the only person in BF1 that spots enemies.

Im also sure im the only one that has ever revived a teammate.

Then you and I are the spotting tag team champions. ;)

I haven't had the opportunity to revive someone yet because frankly it's usually my sorry ass getting revived.


Folks, please spam the spot button and revive whenever you can. Do us all a favor. :)
 
Then you and I are the spotting tag team champions. ;)

I haven't had the opportunity to revive someone yet because frankly it's usually my sorry ass getting revived.


Folks, please spam the spot button and revive whenever you can. Do us all a favor. :)
I yell at people on my team ALL the time because they choose to respawn when I'm like LITERALLY 5 feet away coming to revive them. It's so stupid.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I wouldn't buy this game just for this but the SP really is pretty damned respectable and engaging in this as well. It deserves that mention.
 
wish more people spotted, playing as support and they become 100% more effective with the HE mortar if your team spots. I love this game so far, This game is so satisfing when uou knife someone either in the back or in a close quarters fight. Had two great moments last night, one that resulted in being accused of hacking lol. Was using the mortar and as it was zooming back into my character after firing a shell I could see a guy running at me from behind who was going to knife me (would of shot me already otherwise) so I jumped off the mortar flipped an immediate 180 and blasted him away which instantly pissed him off :D

Then I was in an artillery truck for the first time ever, seen a guy on a horse a good distance away charging at a teammate so I fired hoping to either scare him off or kill him with the blast but instead I smoked him in the chest with th shell. Instant death for him and the horse, I had to stop for a min from laughing so hard.

I've been having two issues so far though, 1 my medals are glitched. They updated yesterday and I could see new one but when I select them suddenly they reset back to the old ones and keep doing that so I cant get the new medals. Thats not a big deal but the big one is I cant play operations, eveytime I try it says I failed to join the game so I still haven't gotten to play operations :(
 
Almost to level 40 with 30+ hours played so far. Already have support class and the tanks maxed. I wonder how high the ranks go this time? BF3 was 100, BF4 was 140....
Lord have Mercy.

I think I made it to level 15 and I thought I played a lot this weekend, lol.

And I love it when people say "no offense", like it's going to make the other person you're talking shit about feel better about themselves.
 
I'm torn. The game looks awesome and it seems like EA finally optimized the game to not be complete shit on PC.

However, $140 or whatever for the season pass?! They're basically admitting to releasing an incomplete game and telling you they're going to butt rape you later. I've tried looking at it as an expansion pack type thing for WoW...but that doesn't comfort me either because of the insanely short shelf life of the BF games.

I WANT to play it...but I can't justify the rape and the short life span :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: SoFGR
like this
I'm torn. The game looks awesome and it seems like EA finally optimized the game to not be complete shit on PC.

However, $140 or whatever for the season pass?! They're basically admitting to releasing an incomplete game and telling you they're going to butt rape you later. I've tried looking at it as an expansion pack type thing for WoW...but that doesn't comfort me either because of the insanely short shelf life of the BF games.

I WANT to play it...but I can't justify the rape and the short life span :(
I think most of us just bought the base game and will buy the DLC later. One weekend and I've put 20 hours into the game. I'll probably play this game for as many hours as it costs in dollars for the game + season pass, I consider that to be worth my money. Guess it's just up to you and how much time you think you'll actually put into it.
 
I'm torn. The game looks awesome and it seems like EA finally optimized the game to not be complete shit on PC.

However, $140 or whatever for the season pass?! They're basically admitting to releasing an incomplete game and telling you they're going to butt rape you later. I've tried looking at it as an expansion pack type thing for WoW...but that doesn't comfort me either because of the insanely short shelf life of the BF games.

I WANT to play it...but I can't justify the rape and the short life span :(

This goes back to BF3 and before that. I only bought the standard version and will buy premium later when it's close to the new map release.
Just buy the standard version and enjoy. There's no reason to buy the Premium Edition now because of of the benefits has passed.
 
I'll never buy DLC unless it's really promising got burned bad with the COD DLC on steam for the past two years. Usually everyone sticks with the core game DLC is a joke.

I really like BF4s DLC though that was pretty nice with the amphibious assaults.
 
going to play this for a month and if it holds my interest really well then I will buy the season pass. Until then im happy with the base game,
 
Yeah. It is a casual shooter now. I can see it being fun if any large groups get organized and people actually compete as teams.

As a pub game? I am pretty sure I do not want to spend much time or money on it. Still have not bought and am playing through my ten hours with friends.
 
I'm torn. The game looks awesome and it seems like EA finally optimized the game to not be complete shit on PC.

However, $140 or whatever for the season pass?! They're basically admitting to releasing an incomplete game and telling you they're going to butt rape you later. I've tried looking at it as an expansion pack type thing for WoW...but that doesn't comfort me either because of the insanely short shelf life of the BF games.

I WANT to play it...but I can't justify the rape and the short life span :(
Every game has a short shelf life compared to WoW, but Battlefield tends to have a longer lifespan than most FPS multiplayer games. True Battlefield games tend to have a 2-3 year time frame between major titles and the games themselves have communities for much longer than that. There were BF2 (2005) and BF2142 (2006) servers right up till the collapse of the Gamespy network and DICE refusing to workaround it circa 2011 (6 years). There are still a few BF:Bad Company 2 servers 6 years after release. BF3 (2011) still has an pretty active community (5 years) , and BF4 (2013) still has a huge following even after BF1 launch.

So I'm not real sure what you mean by "insanely short shelf life" regarding the Battlefield games. SW:Battlefront was not a Battlefield game, and Battlefield Hardline was a bit of a fluke and it wasn't even done by DICE. Battlefield isn't Counterstrike, but it isn't Call of Duty either.


As far as the price, I agree the $140 Ultimate Edition is ridiculous, even though it includes all the DLC ahead of time. It's a helluva gamble for someone to take. Even the announced $69.99 for the base title was obscene as its a full $10 more than other AAA releases.
 
Back
Top