• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BATTLEFIELD 1

I`m really liking this game , my play style of no scope rife is really proving itself here than BF4 and with 1440p i can spot the enemies far enough.
 
Impressive. I am terrible but still having fun and admittedly a bit distracted being impressed with what I'm seeing. The desert map (can't remember what it's called) was really something else with planes, Lawrence of Arabia horse action, and the works.
 
This is why I'm always casual with the online. I'll never be able to hang or compete with junkies (no offense) like this. Never happen.

The good thing about this game is that all gear Is purchasable right at the beginning. Rather than require you to hit level X, you get money from playing which you can put to any unlocks you want at any time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So did EA gain any of our trust back yet? :)
The good thing about this game is that all gear Is purchasable right at the beginning. Rather than require you to hit level X, you get money from playing which you can put to any unlocks you want at any time.
To an extent though, you need to hit a specific class rank to get them all unlocked to buy , or am I missing something here?
 
Man I suck. I die way too quickly. I tried to hide and somebody picks me off. I try to run and even the tanker takes me out. When I shoot somebody it take lots of bullets to kill them, but they hit me one time and I'm dead. So frustrating.
 
So did EA gain any of our trust back yet? :)

To an extent though, you need to hit a specific class rank to get them all unlocked to buy , or am I missing something here?
No you're correct...some of the guns and gear take rank 1,2,3 of the class rank to purchase, you can only actually purchase a couple of them per class at rank 0. But it doesn't take a lot of time to max the class rank since there are only 3.
 
playing public games is the hardest part of BF. when you are pretty decent but get the unlucky roll of the dice that your entire team sucks balls. i just lost like 3 dom maps in a row and had to take a break
 
Just had a guy finish writing a note, stand around not releasing the pigeon, then run through flame and jump out a window into a pile of barbed wire.
 
4K Ultra.

ScreenshotWin32_Final_001_zpspxrjgupl.png
 
Any tips for a long-time FPS player but new to the battlefield series?

I love the game, but I feel like I'm a target dummy for everyone else. The game just seems so fast....I see someone but I can only squeeze off a couple rounds before I'm dead. I know it's not COD, so I try to play the objectives, focus on my squad needs, and not worry about the K/D ratio. Playing Conquest, I'm always in the top 10 or 15 looking at the overall score, even though my K/D might be 7-15.
 
Don't worry too much about dying or your kd ratio. Score per minute is probably a better metric to use, it means you're being helpful to your team. Lots of times at the end of a match my kd ratio might be poor, like 15:20, but I'm at the top of the scoreboard with the highest score, higher than those snipers/campers with a kd of 30:3 or whatever.

Just try to have fun, and don't stress it - play all the classes/guns and see what you have fun with the most. You can pick up guns on the battlefield from slain soldiers to experiment with.
 
Tip: Some of the flags are guarded by blue doors that have locks on them. Use these! You can own the flag through the portholes as it takes explosives to get through the door. It's an awesome mechanic.

So many just unlock the doors and run through, giving away any tactical advantage of the fortified position.
 
Geezus christ, sleep much?
1. I had the early enlister access. That's 10 hours of playtime that was from October 13-October 18.
2. I won a copy of the Ultimate Edition from my clan that allowed me to play early from October 18-October 21.
3. I took the week off from work because I still had 60+ hours of PTO I had to use before year's end. I got to stay home and play video games while my Fiance was in class.
4. I don't watch much TV anymore.
:D

This is why I'm always casual with the online. I'll never be able to hang or compete with junkies (no offense) like this. Never happen.
Don't sweat it. Everyone's got their own priorities.
I no longer watch TV, that right there free's up a bunch of hours a day. If I'm going to stare at a screen for 4 hours, I might as well be playing a game. I don't have many hobbies left since I have very little extra cash. Most of it pays for my Fiance's schooling and medical bills. I also work afternoons/evenings while she works and goes to school in the morning's. When I get home we usually get an hour or two together before she goes to bed but I'm left awake for most of the night.
 
Last edited:
As good as the game is, the menu system was designed by someone with legal mental retardation.

The friends/party system is a clunky and buggy joke, and there is NO WAY to leave a game after the match ends and a new one begins. You have to start a whole new game to get a quit button. Really, just an impossibly horrid design. After a match ends I have to task manager kill the game to get out of it, that's how ridiculous the menu system is.
 
Any tips for a long-time FPS player but new to the battlefield series?

I love the game, but I feel like I'm a target dummy for everyone else. The game just seems so fast....I see someone but I can only squeeze off a couple rounds before I'm dead. I know it's not COD, so I try to play the objectives, focus on my squad needs, and not worry about the K/D ratio. Playing Conquest, I'm always in the top 10 or 15 looking at the overall score, even though my K/D might be 7-15.

I'd say just keep doing what you're doing.
But my main rule of thumb, is join a squad and stick with them.
You'll know shortly if they're trash or not lol
 
As good as the game is, the menu system was designed by someone with legal mental retardation.

The friends/party system is a clunky and buggy joke, and there is NO WAY to leave a game after the match ends and a new one begins. You have to start a whole new game to get a quit button. Really, just an impossibly horrid design. After a match ends I have to task manager kill the game to get out of it, that's how ridiculous the menu system is.
Err... it is a bit clunky but once match ends and new match starting timer appears, you need to press previous round button to see quit button. Killing in task manager is not required lol.
 
Err... it is a bit clunky but once match ends and new match starting timer appears, you need to press previous round button to see quit button. Killing in task manager is not required lol.

I just tested it and sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. This game is buggy as fuck.
 
I usually play support or assault, but I really love the bolt action in BF1, think I might stick with scout for a change of pace.
 
Heh, I've played every battlefield game on launch day since 1942 came out in october of 2002, this is by far the least buggy launch in history of DICE.

Eh, I'd say Battlefront 3 had less bugs at time of release; But to their benefit that game is far less sophisticated and had like 4 maps.
 
Heh, I've played every battlefield game on launch day since 1942 came out in october of 2002, this is by far the least buggy launch in history of DICE.
Same here. I own every title except the console exclusives like Bad Company 1, BF:Modern Combat and the PC only BF:Vietnam.

I agree. I can say with 100% certainty that this is the least buggy of any battlefield game that released on the Frostbite Engine. BF2 and 2142 had their bugs, but not near as bad as Bad Company 1/2, BF3, and the king of all bugs that was BF4.
It was so bad, that a large amount of in-game player emblems was simply this meme.
1025.jpg


Fuck, BF4 literally took a year and half before it was remotely stable. Every game prior had first 6 months of patching to fix game breaking bugs, then another 6 months to get the gameplay balanced and minor bugs squashed. This is a welcome change to any veteran of the battlefield series. I'm not naive, I know there are still issues. However, the number of issues is a helluva lot less than previous games.

I've had a grand total of 3 crashes so far in almost 40 hours of playtime, all of them DirectX bugs related to the game's engine and probably video card drivers. I've had this issue with almost every single game so far, and it usually took 2-3 driver updates and a few game patches before it was resolved.

and there is NO WAY to leave a game after the match ends and a new one begins. You have to start a whole new game to get a quit button. Really, just an impossibly horrid design. After a match ends I have to task manager kill the game to get out of it, that's how ridiculous the menu system is.

I agree. I hate the new menu system. I will adapt I guess.

As far as the quitting a game after match end, that is bugged I think. I've seen a menu prompt in the lower left that sometimes appears. Its down there next to the button that says "previous round" when your stats for the round come up. It seems to come up when clicking previous round like someone else mentioned, but that should NOT be necessary. It's not there all the time.
 
Last edited:
I agree. I hate the new menu system. I will adapt I guess.

As far as the quitting a game after match end, that is bugged I think. I've seen a menu prompt in the lower left that sometimes appears. Its down there next to the button that says "previous round" when your stats for the round come up. It seems to come up when clicking previous round like someone else mentioned, but that should NOT be necessary. It's not there all the time.

Oh ya I noticed the quit button "pop" up last night for the first time. Who designs a menu system with a random button that comes and goes? Geez.
 
Oh ya I noticed the quit button "pop" up last night for the first time. Who designs a menu system with a random button that comes and goes? Geez.
I've actually "lost" 1 or 2 battlepacks that I earned in a match, got booted for some unknown reason, came back, not in my inventory anymore. Kinda weird.

Also yeah the quit button thing makes 0 sense.

Luckily the game is fun as shit.
 
What type of stuff drops from Battlepacks? Gas Mask upgrades and camo?
Weapon skins is what i've seen from the basic ones, the higher tier ones have a chance for an extra to drop like XP bonus or a "puzzle piece" and when you get all of the puzzle pieces you can unlock one of the rarer melee weapons that can't be purchased.
 
Heh, I've played every battlefield game on launch day since 1942 came out in october of 2002, this is by far the least buggy launch in history of DICE.

True that! Smooth smooth gaming for me and 0 lock ups! That's impressive to me.
 
I never played any BF multiplayer until this one. Seem to have everything somewhat figured out. One thing i do not like is, i purchased a gun for 200 warbonds and am not that happy with it. Is there a way to sell it to recoup some of my earnings.

The other night i was playing against some guys that were level 39- 50 and i am level 6, is that normal?
 
Don't sweat it. Everyone's got their own priorities.
I no longer watch TV, that right there free's up a bunch of hours a day. If I'm going to stare at a screen for 4 hours, I might as well be playing a game. I don't have many hobbies left since I have very little extra cash. Most of it pays for my Fiance's schooling and medical bills. I also work afternoons/evenings while she works and goes to school in the morning's. When I get home we usually get an hour or two together before she goes to bed but I'm left awake for most of the night.

No worries man. I wasn't criticizing you. :)


Just making the point that I know I'm going to come on...get waxed... and I'll try and earn my keep for the team but that's about it. ;)


*goes back to thinking about new monitor*...
 
I never played any BF multiplayer until this one. Seem to have everything somewhat figured out. One thing i do not like is, i purchased a gun for 200 warbonds and am not that happy with it. Is there a way to sell it to recoup some of my earnings.

The other night i was playing against some guys that were level 39- 50 and i am level 6, is that normal?

People thst bought the ultimate version "$130" had a week ahead advantage.. played like non stop and had there mommy make them sambitches! Haha
 
See my screen name? The Q comes from what I've done in these games since Bad Company 2 (still the one I did best in)... spam the Q button (usually the default) for spotting. That's my gig. Even if I'm sucking hind tit spotting is one thing I can always do. :)
 
See my screen name? The Q comes from what I've done in these games since Bad Company 2 (still the one I did best in)... spam the Q button (usually the default) for spotting. That's my gig. Even if I'm sucking hind tit spotting is one thing I can always do. :)
in the beta you could spot and it would show where they move for a couple seconds, really useful.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I've been playing this a ton and loving it. Really fun game. After playing the open beta I got origin access and got back into BF4 so I've been getting better at BF style mechanics waiting for this to come out. Played through my 10 hours last week and bought the game on Friday.

It's super fun. I always love anything WW1/2 so this is great in that aspect, even though the amount of semi automatic rifles and sub machine guns make it feel more like WW2 but none the less, this is Battlefield so it's to be expected.

I've been playing scout the most, using a mix of the Marksman, sniper, and infantry bolt guns which is super fun. I've literally shot down planes with my rifle too which is just.... amazing. The bomber I took out yesterday with a few shots from my 1903 was already damaged but still.... hitting that thing with a normal rifle round from far as hell away as the pilot is obviously trying to repair only to blow the entire plane up and getting 3 kills.... just hilarious.

I've also started getting good at using tanks and planes in this. in BF4 I never bothered cause I always got my ass handed to me with all the anti tank and aircraft weapons everyone has. In this though they're super fun. I literally went 68 - 0 with the heavy tank last not. That was insane, never did anything like that in BF with a vehicle. I'll upload the picture when I'm home.

I play the Medic class just as much if the map or current flags to be capped are close quarters. The Mondragoon Sniper is great.

Really liking the game, money well spent and it runs decently well for me at 1080 on medium and still looks super nice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SoFGR
like this
I agree in that I didn't think this was the greatest SP they've put out, but hes also cherry picking things to suit his arguments which is fine, but as someone that has played it, I see it more as a tutorial for the game rather than it being a core part of the game.
 
Back
Top