BATTLEFIELD 1

I can't seem to get it to finish installing. My 5TB WD Black sounds like it's going nuts. It started in about 93% and that was a few hours ago. My system (in signature) is literally crawling right now.

Should I just hard reset it?

Install an SSD and press any key to continue . . .

I love the monitor. Can't imagine I'll ever go back to a non-gysync or 60hz monitor. I live in WA but not the Seattle area.

Working fine here on the latest whql drivers.
Sli is Broke in DX 12, it is working in DX 11 for me.

I can't seem to get it to finish installing. My 5TB WD Black sounds like it's going nuts. It started in about 93% and that was a few hours ago. My system (in signature) is literally crawling right now.

Should I just hard reset it?
weird, I installed to my 1tb wd black without an issue. Took 40 minutes total from clicking download to being 100% ready.

Any official updates on server rentals from 3rd parties? Admin abilities? I take it that launch = EA official servers only with zero admin and no votekick/ban?

Waiting for a patch and Black Friday or Xmas sale I guess. First BF game I haven't bought on launch since BF2. Sad but not having real servers is my breaking point.

Any official updates on server rentals from 3rd parties? Admin abilities? I take it that launch = EA official servers only with zero admin and no votekick/ban?

Waiting for a patch and Black Friday or Xmas sale I guess. First BF game I haven't bought on launch since BF2. Sad but not having real servers is my breaking point.

Look at my post a page or two back. They released some pricing. November 1st will be when the program possibly goes live with "features" like kick and ban to come later. They are supposed to release some more info tomorrow.

They are WORKING on a kick/ban feature? How fucking hard is that?

Means they never even bothered implementing it until enough people bitched?

With just Fairfight, the game is going to have some blatant, game killing cheaters on occasion. You HAVE to have a live admin or it will just suck.

That is a fundamental rule of online fps. The fact ea just thought they could breeze by it speaks volumes.

Times like this make me glad I am older and more patient. I can now sit back with some popcorn and just watch the scene unfold.
I had a hunch this is part of the reason the RSP was delayed to begin with. Couple months back when they announced no RCon/ProCon, and that's when the public outcries started. Someone important was listening, but with every giant megacorp, things take time.

And you are 100% right. The fact EA thought they could breeze by it speaks volumes. This has been one hell of a gut punch by EA. I'm so glad the gaming community didn't sit there and take it. There were ENTIRE FUCKING CLANS cancelling their pre-orders en-masse. The news of this spread like wildfire.

I just got a speeding ticket from a DC camera for $100, ugh. Wanted to pick this game up on Friday...

Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

So looks like more updates tomorrow, but kick/ban feature won't even be available at launch of rental server program.

Also I guess they are discounting console servers due to Live and PSN?
Live and PSN have nothing to do with dedicated servers. They require the same amount of resources and run exactly the same. The only difference in a convar that specifies which platform can connect to the server. They are simply charging PC players a higher price. This is more expensive then any previous battlefield game. They are making it so they are the only people who rent servers to overcharge and control it. Its pretty much a money grab.

I love this game...best Battlefield since 1942. I love the Operations game mode, gets you a little more invested than the standard modes.

Not seeing anything on it via this thread - can anyone confirm/deny that this game supports HDR on the PC? Early reports said it was supposed to be the first to do so, but I haven't seen anything about it in months.

Not seeing anything on it via this thread - can anyone confirm/deny that this game supports HDR on the PC? Early reports said it was supposed to be the first to do so, but I haven't seen anything about it in months.
I'm not really sure how HDR works on PC games yet, is it supposed to be natively on if it works or an option? Because there's no mention of it on the video options in game.

Alright, I uninstalled Origin and BF1 - all 47gb of it... thought it might have been a corrupt download :banghead:

Reinstalled Origin & BF1 on my Samsung 1TB SSD. When I go to launch the game the screen will start flickering and minimize. If I am quick enough I can click where the accept button should be and it'll load. No audio though. The game runs but stutters like dam it! My system, in my signature, should have zero issues with this game. I have tried uninstalling the GPU drivers and reinstalling them too.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

Alright, I uninstalled Origin and BF1 - all 47gb of it... thought it might have been a corrupt download :banghead:

Reinstalled Origin & BF1 on my Samsung 1TB SSD. When I go to launch the game the screen will start flickering and minimize. If I am quick enough I can click where the accept button should be and it'll load. No audio though. The game runs but stutters like dam it! My system, in my signature, should have zero issues with this game. I have tried uninstalling the GPU drivers and reinstalling them too.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!
try disableing software and settings. Turn off the origin oer lay, turn off steam, do you have anything else that would overlay on the screen like fraps?

try disableing software and settings. Turn off the origin oer lay, turn off steam, do you have anything else that would overlay on the screen like fraps?

I've read that TeamViewer can mess the game up but I don't have it installed. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 64 so it's pretty clean of bloat. Are you talking about "Origin In-Game", it's been disabled. Removed Norton. I have Malwarebytes running.

The game took a small update when I just tried it. Still no audio. The cut scenes are in fast forward and the game, while playable, still seems sluggish. :banghead:

edit: the game recognizes my monitor as "Generic PNP" at 3840*2160.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure how HDR works on PC games yet, is it supposed to be natively on if it works or an option? Because there's no mention of it on the video options in game.

I'd assume it would have to be a toggle. HDR sources (at least videos) look washed out if you don't have a supported display or renderer, so it would probably need to be enabled in some way. Either that or it might have some kind of auto-detection functionality.
HDR probably isn't their biggest priority, so it might not be implemented yet if they even bother at all. I remember Battlefront pushing itself as the first Dolby Atmos game and that took months to be added. Could be a similar situation.
I'm just curious because people have said it's a massive game changer when you see it on the consoles. I'd imagine a PC game pushing higher resolutions and framerates would be an even more extreme example.

I've been enjoying the game quite a bit, but seem to be running into a weird couple of issues. Hopefully I don't need to re-install, but has anyone experienced some weirdness when manning mounted guns or manning vehicles?

I was playing the campaign for a bit, but when I ended up having to man the mounted turret, I couldn't really move around (was choppy, stuttering for some odd reason). I kept playing, up to the part where you drive the tank - and that also got choppy, to the point where it just outright didn't move.

I quit playing the campaign, figured it was just probably another issue, and ended up playing Operations mode (ton of fun!). Everything's all smooth, but anytime I use a mounted gun / pilot a plane / drive a tank, everything is ridiculously choppy and just won't turn.

What is Operations??
It's a progressive mode spanning multiple maps where the team completing the objective wins. It's supposed to feel like fighting a battle and either falling back or moving forward.

It's a progressive mode spanning multiple maps where the team completing the objective wins. It's supposed to feel like fighting a battle and either falling back or moving forward.

So like Rush mode?

I've been enjoying the game quite a bit, but seem to be running into a weird couple of issues. Hopefully I don't need to re-install, but has anyone experienced some weirdness when manning mounted guns or manning vehicles?

I was playing the campaign for a bit, but when I ended up having to man the mounted turret, I couldn't really move around (was choppy, stuttering for some odd reason). I kept playing, up to the part where you drive the tank - and that also got choppy, to the point where it just outright didn't move.

I quit playing the campaign, figured it was just probably another issue, and ended up playing Operations mode (ton of fun!). Everything's all smooth, but anytime I use a mounted gun / pilot a plane / drive a tank, everything is ridiculously choppy and just won't turn.

I have that bug randomly, no idea why but restarting the game client fixes it. Seems to happen more in SP than in MP though. At first I thought it was because of the 360 controller I had attached but that proved not to be the case. I also had an issue where I couldn't use the binos in game except in the areas that absolutely required them. I could bring them up in the hand but not at all use them, didnt really stop me from completing the SP campaign but annoying.

I have that bug randomly, no idea why but restarting the game client fixes it. Seems to happen more in SP than in MP though. At first I thought it was because of the 360 controller I had attached but that proved not to be the case. I also had an issue where I couldn't use the binos in game except in the areas that absolutely required them. I could bring them up in the hand but not at all use them, didnt really stop me from completing the SP campaign but annoying.

This seems promising if this is the short term fix for me... all last night, I kept avoiding using the mounted guns in MP to avoid the choppy lag- and when I spawned into a plane to fly, I couldn't turn for the life of me. Probably upset the gunners who spawned with me. Oddly, when I manned the side turrets in a tank, I didn't have any choppyness... seems to be only when I'm the driver/pilot. I'll try it tonight after work to see if that solves my issue. The only other issue I failed to mention was my sound suddenly cutting out - game ran fine, but required me to restart the client to re-initialize audio.

I've read that TeamViewer can mess the game up but I don't have it installed. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 64 so it's pretty clean of bloat. Are you talking about "Origin In-Game", it's been disabled. Removed Norton. I have Malwarebytes running.
Im playing on a fresh windows 10 install (just installed 2 weeks ago) but I have team viewer running all the time as time as its my main torrent box and htpc server as well so I log into it through out the day at work to add files/manage things. Have you tried using beta drivers for your video card or rolling back to slightly older drivers? Just weird as your system kicks the crap out of mine so I dont understand why your having issue, I run an older i5 2500K and amd 290 and it ran smooth as butter for me at 1080p using the recommended settings

ok. yeah, I know what I'm doing with my night tonight!!! gf and kid won't be home tonight, woo!!!

Watched some YT videos on Operations, it does look like fun. Now if I could just get Origin to install and working...

Reactions: DPI
like this
Audio issue resolved (sort of): I have a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors connected to my system. They have horrible static coming through the headphone jack so I had them connected through a optical pass-though adapter, causing the no audio issue in BF1. This has been the only game in the past 2 years that won't recognize audio this way. Connected them back to the system via the headphone jack and BF1 now has sound. Now I am getting the static interference and buzzing sounds... ugh!

Audio issue resolved (sort of): I have a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors connected to my system. They have horrible static coming through the headphone jack so I had them connected through a optical pass-though adapter, causing the no audio issue in BF1. This has been the only game in the past 2 years that won't recognize audio this way. Connected them back to the system via the headphone jack and BF1 now has sound. Now I am getting the static interference and buzzing sounds... ugh!
try disabling the headphone jack in the windows sound settings?

Here is today's whopping update on the server details.

UPDATE 1:

What types of features can I expect?
Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:
  • ticket count
  • bullet damage
  • modes
  • weapons
  • maps

Back