• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BATTLEFIELD 1

Your accuracy is greatly reduced while strafing. Its also more difficult to hit something moving. So you can stand still all you want and get better accuracy, or become a harder target with less accuracy. You lost the encounter? You got outplayed, wipe the tear away and hit respawn.

And LOL at strafing being a "console mechanic brought over".

Seriously though, I cut my teeth on Quake MP back in the day. Circle strafing for the win (worked great in UT and damned near everything else going forward).
 
can you report back on performance once you get to some 64 man multiplayer servers? I'm surprised the 970 can run 4k with max settings, even in single player.

is performance better than it was in the beta?

performance in the beta was pretty amazing. The problem was that the resolution scale was bugged. Setting it to 100% was actually downscaling from a higher resolution. I don't remember the exact number, but to get a proper 100%/normal resolution, you had to set the resoltuion scale to like 42% or something. A lot of people probably did not know that. I was happy with the performance, even before I found out about that!

With resolution scale proplerly set, I was running all high settings at 1080p, 60fps average, on a Skylake i3 6100 and a Radeon 7870. The game looks better than BF4 and runs as well or better. Probably better.
 
At 3440x1440 with a 6700k and Titan X I had to lower everything to medium besides 1 or 2 settings I left at high, and turn off AA/AO to get "competitive" framerates. I like that the game is pretty but none of that matters when atmospheric things are causing massive frame drops and I'm getting my ass kicked. I'm going to upgrade to the Pascal Titan and see if I can play everything on High and stay above 60. The game still looks great a medium, though.

I had a blast playing this weekend, burnt through most of my 10 hours between Sat and Sun. The new mechanics to the game are fun, airships are amazing and OP as shit, and the maps that have trains are also pretty cool. I think my favorite map is Argonne Forest for fast paced, and the full FAO fortress map for Conquest as a sniper is very fun.

The game feels less grindy as there are not as many unlocks, obviously being WWI there aren't 50 different ACOG scopes you can unlock for the guns. It feels more realistic with iron sights and I think most of the guns have a decent amount of recoil, although I would like to see a little more on some of them. I spent half my time playing sniper and the other half playing assault, really like both of the classes. I hate the beginner Medic gun, kudos to you guys who are good at killing people with it, I can't hit shit.

I was not going to purchase the game from my impressions from the original 1 map beta but after using the 10 hours of Origin Access I like the game much more, think it has improved, but still needs some work. That being said, it's good enough to purchase as is IMO.
 
Not sure what drugs you've been taking or what game you've been playing.

Those idiots doing the staffing with sub machine guns.... yeah i shoot them twice with my infantry smle from medium range pretty quick.

Also, most snipers are not 1 shot 1 kill.... Unless you get a head shot. it's actually frustrating the amount of times I've shot players once only to do 60-90 damage and not be able to hit them again.

This game is fun and no different then any other Battlefield game in terms of shooting mechanics or strategy.

And I haven't encountered any hackers yet, and I just finished my 10 hours.

I've found dog fights to be incredibly fun...usually I'm an infantry guy but I spent the last hour of my trial taking down bombers and other planes with my fighter which was very fun. I just wish you got more points for disabling aircraft. at least 5 times I disabled enemy planes only to have the pilot jump out before being able to make the kill. So basically I was taking out multiple aircraft, but remained at the bottom of the score board even though I was making a big difference.

Fun game. Definitely buying it.

Are you just using the first sniper rifle? I feel your pain on the 60-90 damage thing. You really have to be pretty close to get a 1 hit kill body shot. I do my best in a 80-150 yard range where I can hit them and then finish them off with a couple of sidearm shots. I have heard the Gewehr 98 can kill in 1 shot (body shots included) if the range is relatively close. But if you are playing long range sniper you need to go for the head or prepare to be upset often.
 
As of now there is no hardcore mode, and no server preset filter. The rumors are server settings will allow some customization to create your own version of hardcore mode.

No hardcore on BF1



Smoothest release for a game not released yet? The only people playing paid $5 for Origin Access which has peaked around 11k players on PC. The 18th is Early Enlister and the 21st is the actual release.
yeah, and it's great. Regardless of how many people play, its limited the number of players on a server, and its smooth. No stupid sound issues or crashing like BF4.
 
Your accuracy is greatly reduced while strafing. Its also more difficult to hit something moving. So you can stand still all you want and get better accuracy, or become a harder target with less accuracy. You lost the encounter? You got outplayed, wipe the tear away and hit respawn.

And LOL at strafing being a "console mechanic brought over".


LOL, Yep, now I recall why I stopped visiting this forum a couple years ago, after about 10 years on here. Thankfully the password recovery setup here doesn't appear to work!

So why do people strafe with LMG's and end up in the top 5 of the leaderboard? Again, more evidence that you COD kiddies never played the real BF games.

For instance BF2, if you proned and fired, you would always beat someone kneeling or standing. In 2142, kneeling was the ideal way to win a firefight. Now it's strafing, and has been since BC2, which incidentally was the first time BF was ported over from the consoles. Anywhere within about 25 yards, and strafing gives the advantage because kneeling or proning have no real effect on accuracy and strafing doesn't hurt accuracy enough. This is because console controllers allow strafing on the main Up/down/left/right stick. It has been about strafing for consoles since GoldenEye.
 
Are you just using the first sniper rifle? I feel your pain on the 60-90 damage thing. You really have to be pretty close to get a 1 hit kill body shot. I do my best in a 80-150 yard range where I can hit them and then finish them off with a couple of sidearm shots. I have heard the Gewehr 98 can kill in 1 shot (body shots included) if the range is relatively close. But if you are playing long range sniper you need to go for the head or prepare to be upset often.

Yeah I mainly used the SMLE or the 1903 depending on map size. Headshots are definitely the way to go. I've learned to slow down and wait for the targets to stand still for just that 1 second to pull it off. I've gotten some crazy kills already in this game. hitting the driver of those giant torpedo boats as it zooms by in the head sending the boat full of players onto land was hilarious. I like using the infantry smle as well with iron sights. very fun.
 
In case you wanted to watch a video instead of playing BF2 or 2142 for the first time in your lives.

 
I'm just going to play Team DeathMatch the most I might play a few games with tanks and planes but I like the level playing field the best.
Think I'll use tear gas with Tear Gas and Gas Mask macroed on my mouse.
 
GameSpot -- 9/10

"With Battlefield 1, EA and DICE have proven the viability of World War 1 as a time period worth revisiting in first-person shooters. It brings into focus countries and nationalities that do not exist today while also shedding light on how the outcome of that war has shaped our lives. As World War II shooters proved many years ago, no game can truly capture the entirety of a global conflict. This is why the focused structure of the War Stories anthology works well. Moreover, Operations succeeds as an effective educational primer on the battles that this gripping adversarial mode are based on. Battlefield 1 is just an introduction to one of the deadliest world events in history, but it is an outstanding, feature-rich package in both its emotional stories and strong multiplayer." -- Miguel Concepcion

Polygon -- 9.0

"Battlefield 1 marks an impressive, risk-taking reinvention for the series. That the multiplayer is as good and distinctive as it is is less surprising than a campaign that takes a difficult setting and navigates it with skill and invention. The end result is a shooter than succeeded far beyond my expectations, and one that exists as the best, most complete Battlefield package since 2010." -- Arthur Gies

The Sixth Axis -- 8/10

"Operations mode is the standout addition to the multiplayer, bringing together the behemoths, the destruction, the hellish screams of people charging into the fight. I do wish that the single player had been able to push on and draw more from that excellent opening, but stepping back to the First World War helps to give Battlefield 1 a refreshing and invigorating veneer to the game, and it’s lost none of the series’ explosive gameplay in the process." -- Stefan L

Forbes -- 8/10

"I've enjoyed my time with Battlefield 1, but the shooter genre is more competitive than ever, so it's hard to know if I'll be playing it over Infinite Warfare, Titanfall 2, Destiny or Overwatch this fall. For every cool moment I have inBattlefield 1, whether it's bayoneting a soldier or chopping someone in half from horseback, I'll be blown up by twenty tanks or be headshot by twenty snipers, and often it's more frustrating than fun. The campaign is mostly great, but again, probably no more than a 6-7 hour experience, and obviously not the worth the price of admission by itself. You will have to love multiplayer to make this game worth it, and if you don't, well, you're out of luck." -- Paul Tassi

Metro -- 8/10

"The complaints you can level against Battlefield 1 are almost solely about what it’s chosen not to do, rather than any problem with what it actually offers. The minor letdown at the lack of historical novelty or major gameplay innovation is countered by the fact that this is still a highly refined and entertaining multiplayer shooter. That in itself only underlines the fact that war, war never changes. Even if when it comes to video games, it would be nice if it actually did."
 
For instance BF2, if you proned and fired, you would always beat someone kneeling or standing. In 2142, kneeling was the ideal way to win a firefight. Now it's strafing, and has been since BC2, which incidentally was the first time BF was ported over from the consoles. Anywhere within about 25 yards, and strafing gives the advantage because kneeling or proning have no real effect on accuracy and strafing doesn't hurt accuracy enough. This is because console controllers allow strafing on the main Up/down/left/right stick. It has been about strafing for consoles since GoldenEye.


Sorry kiddo but the infantry combat in BF2 was a complete and total farce, it consisted of nothing but dolphin diving prone spammers. Even when dice "fixed" it, it was still possible to do.

Lets take off the rose tinted glasses, the vehicle combat in BF2 was good, the infantry combat felt like an afterthought that didn't get a third of the attention that vehicle combat did.

And stop gibbering about "real battlefield" games like you're the only one posting who played bf2 or bf 1942, plenty on here played those, even going back to the BF precursor Codename:Eagle.
 
Last edited:
In case you wanted to watch a video instead of playing BF2 or 2142 for the first time in your lives.



The strafing is pretty fast. I do notice that when you get into close combat with people 1v1 it definitely turns into a strafe war.

I'm really liking the bolt action sniper rifles though for mid range combat. No scope, but 1 shot kills when you are relatively close and the bolt action is very fast.
 
Sorry kiddo but the infantry combat in BF2 was a complete and total farce, it consisted of nothing but dolphin diving prone spammers. Even when dice "fixed" it, it was still possible to do.

Lets take off the rose tinted glasses, the vehicle combat in BF2 was good, the infantry combat felt like an afterthought that didn't get a third of the attention that vehicle combat did.

Someone definitely played the game for only about a month. The first patch resolved the "dolphin diving" issue, and yes, the game required you to prone to get the best accuracy... sort of like how real guns work. Watch the video I posted above, showing how BF1 developers think a firefight should go down. If you think diving to a prone position, to be accurate and avoid enemy fire, is silly, but think rapidly running left and right while firing from the hip is somehow more realistic OR even enjoyable to play... then just go back to Call of Duty.
 
Someone definitely played the game for only about a month. The first patch resolved the "dolphin diving" issue, and yes, the game required you to prone to get the best accuracy... sort of like how real guns work. Watch the video I posted above, showing how BF1 developers think a firefight should go down. If you think diving to a prone position, to be accurate and avoid enemy fire, is silly, but think rapidly running left and right while firing from the hip is somehow more realistic OR even enjoyable to play... then just go back to Call of Duty.


I played it long enough to know that infantry combat was a joke and stuck mainly to vehicles. As for your sad rambling about call of duty, the last cod game i played was the original black ops. But nice presumption on your part that i'm still interested in that tired franchise.
 
I played it long enough to know that infantry combat was a joke and stuck mainly to vehicles. As for your sad rambling about call of duty, the last cod game i played was the original black ops. But nice presumption on your part that i'm still interested in that tired franchise.

CoD has been shit for a long time, no one can deny that. I am super curious to see what people say about the MW remaster that comes packaged with the new CoD, though. I'm not a HUGE fan of the futuristic shooter stuff, Titanfall never really did it for me, nor did any of the later Black Ops/CoD games but I'd give it a whirl if it turned out to be anything more than what I expect it to be (crap).
 
I played it long enough to know that infantry combat was a joke and stuck mainly to vehicles. As for your sad rambling about call of duty, the last cod game i played was the original black ops. But nice presumption on your part that i'm still interested in that tired franchise.

Funny, you played COD through 2010 at least, but are literally the only person I've ever seen, to think BF2 had bad infantry combat. You thought it was a joke because it required you to stop, prone or crouch, and then fire, whereas you apparently love the kind of horseshit seen in the video I posted above. The most popular and long-lasting servers were infantry only, and the most popular competitions were - you guessed it - infantry only. So what I get here is that you abandoned COD once Battlefield became a COD clone in terms of multiplayer and "gun play". Thanks for the clarification, that explains it all. DICE wanted to win you folks over by turning the franchise into a yearly short-lived release cycle, and did it by the best form of flattery. I'm not going to argue with someone that played and liked COD more than actual Battlefield games (BF3 and 4 are not Battlefield games). Nice try though.
 
Funny, you played COD through 2010 at least, but are literally the only person I've ever seen, to think BF2 had bad infantry combat. You thought it was a joke because it required you to stop, prone or crouch, and then fire, whereas you apparently love the kind of horseshit seen in the video I posted above. The most popular and long-lasting servers were infantry only, and the most popular competitions were - you guessed it - infantry only. So what I get here is that you abandoned COD once Battlefield became a COD clone in terms of multiplayer and "gun play". Thanks for the clarification, that explains it all. DICE wanted to win you folks over by turning the franchise into a yearly short-lived release cycle, and did it by the best form of flattery. I'm not going to argue with someone that played and liked COD more than actual Battlefield games (BF3 and 4 are not Battlefield games). Nice try though.

Now even I'm curious -- what games do you actually play, enjoy, and think are good games?
 
CoD has been shit for a long time, no one can deny that. I am super curious to see what people say about the MW remaster that comes packaged with the new CoD, though. I'm not a HUGE fan of the futuristic shooter stuff, Titanfall never really did it for me, nor did any of the later Black Ops/CoD games but I'd give it a whirl if it turned out to be anything more than what I expect it to be (crap).
I found black ops 3 to be surprisingly good.
 
I do have a question to the people who play competitively, do you guys max out the graphics if your PC can handle it or do you just run it on lower settings so there's less foliage density and that kinda stuff? What can you do settings wise to give yourself an advantage? I actually just ordered my Pascal Titan-X today so I can further utilize my Gsync monitor at higher frames, but I want to be as competitive as I can in the game. I find myself getting my ass handed to me sometimes and I'm like damn, have I lost my touch? Maps like Argonne Forest, which I LOVE, I find myself lost in the foliage and find it harder to see enemy players sometimes, yet some people find it perfectly easy to spot me and burn me from a good distance away without me even knowing they are there.
 
I do have a question to the people who play competitively, do you guys max out the graphics if your PC can handle it or do you just run it on lower settings so there's less foliage density and that kinda stuff? What can you do settings wise to give yourself an advantage? I actually just ordered my Pascal Titan-X today so I can further utilize my Gsync monitor at higher frames, but I want to be as competitive as I can in the game. I find myself getting my ass handed to me sometimes and I'm like damn, have I lost my touch? Maps like Argonne Forest, which I LOVE, I find myself lost in the foliage and find it harder to see enemy players sometimes, yet some people find it perfectly easy to spot me and burn me from a good distance away without me even knowing they are there.

I always set up my GFX for maximum advantage in visibility. If it's out there, someone else is using it too and I won't give up any edge.

Also, nice icon. Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty much my favorite game ever.
 
I guess there were multiple rumors today of Hardcore mode coming back, though no details, a new mode, called Fog of War with no details, and battlelog returning with the companion app. The companion app details are on the homepage, but mention mobile for battlelog so no word on whether it will be an option to launch the game like previous releases.


yeah, and it's great. Regardless of how many people play, its limited the number of players on a server, and its smooth. No stupid sound issues or crashing like BF4.

Your player record is kept online so it does matter since it depends on how many people hit the login servers or how often the player stats call home. This was one of the issues at launch with BF4. People would play complete matches and the main server wouldn't record their progress. Until the game actually launches on the 21st, it is too soon to say it is a smooth launch is merely my point.

There are reports of Direct X crashes with some AMD cards though on the latest update of Windows 10. It may just be the newest driver though.
 
Funny, you played COD through 2010 at least, but are literally the only person I've ever seen, to think BF2 had bad infantry combat. You thought it was a joke because it required you to stop, prone or crouch, and then fire, whereas you apparently love the kind of horseshit seen in the video I posted above. The most popular and long-lasting servers were infantry only, and the most popular competitions were - you guessed it - infantry only. So what I get here is that you abandoned COD once Battlefield became a COD clone in terms of multiplayer and "gun play". Thanks for the clarification, that explains it all. DICE wanted to win you folks over by turning the franchise into a yearly short-lived release cycle, and did it by the best form of flattery. I'm not going to argue with someone that played and liked COD more than actual Battlefield games (BF3 and 4 are not Battlefield games). Nice try though.


You're cute when you're angty and pulling assumptions out of your ass. :love::ROFLMAO:
 
I always set up my GFX for maximum advantage in visibility. If it's out there, someone else is using it too and I won't give up any edge.

Also, nice icon. Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty much my favorite game ever.

Thanks! Hopefully someday it'll get remastered or a proper sequel with current gen updates.
 
Does anyone else have ping of 0 and never showing there real ping ? I am not near servers because I played on European servers before.
 
Wish there was a discount on the Deluxe for the Early Enlistment bonus but I dunno if I want to fork out the extra cash for that.
 
What can you do settings wise to give yourself an advantage?

Turn your settings down, especially texture detail. The only details you want your brain to notice are enemy players and the weapons they are holding. Experiment. In bf4 if you turned everything to low, boxes wouldn't render past a certain distance. I think that setting was object detail. Try turning up the resolution scale setting, in bf4 I felt like this made the iron sights easier to use. Tweak the shit out of the UI, make the minimap bigger, make icons slightly opaque especially shit like friendly deployables and objectives. Change your crosshair color and size.

If you drive the game at higher than your refresh rate, try turning off gsync and look into capping your framerate so it's stable. I believe gsync introduces input lag. In bf4 you needed to edit or create some config file to cap framerate. Try a few different framerates for your cap, the game client probably runs at 30hz or 60hz so it could be smoothest at multiples of either of those.
 
0ADCBB37-676F-421B-A130-7C66121CEBED.jpg

0ADCBB37-676F-421B-A130-7C66121CEBED.jpg


Playing my last hour of the Origin Access period. Going to nerd-out tonight and stay up late drinking beer and playing.
 
The game has me hooked! I connected via VPN and have been playing the past few hours.... it's a lot of fun and looks fantastic. Highly recommended!

Now time to go get some beer and pizza, and settle in for a long evening!
 
Back
Top