BATTLEFIELD 1

Gets it hell. I was just randomly parroting someone else's idea. I still hold to it.

Now if you want me to test it, kindly send me another 980.......

Oh and a new cpu, mobo and ram. Still rocking that 2500k.

I will exchange favors for hardware......

Happy fraggin this weekend ya'll!

Well..... this match was fun.

All with the shotgun everyone hates :) Tons of grenades and TNT kills too. Crazy I thought I was going to break 100. Admittedly though there wasn't any really good players on the other team. They did well and has us down to the last wave but it wasn't too difficult to beat this op. 64 player operations is insane. Argonne forest is...... chaotic to say the least. That last sector B point with people below in the dungeon and above.... grenade fest.

2s1m1si.jpg

I don't know, but this week has seemed to be incredibly unbalanced. My skill rating and win rating plummeted as I've been on some seriously moronic teams. When I got on a good team finally:

PSqr46G.png

No cheating was going on from what I saw. But about 20 of the opponent's players were scouts... And they abandoned the tanks, which we promptly took.

Last edited:

I've praised DICE LA for bringing BF4 back from the brink of bug bulllshit hell with the Community Test Environment (CTE) to make BF4 into an amazing game compared to it's ridiculous bullshit launch.

Jack Frags seems to think DICE LA might be working on something that would perfect the Battlefield platform into something competitive and/or possible spinoff.

Last edited:
thought id share these, sorry for the phone pics.
28v63gj.jpg
2j5gdg3.jpg

Goddamn, how is your CPU at 46c right there?! Water cooling? Mine is usually high 70's right after I close the game (alt-F4). But I am using a laptop so its going to be hot.

Nice unlock too, I think I have only 1 piece of that one.... I swear the last 10 battlepacks I've gotten were all the low end shit for 30 points. I only keep the legendary skins cause I'm not too interested in that shit anyways. I think I have 3 legendary skins right now.

If anyone uses a mic in BF1 you should add me:

LoadToTheFace

Not enough people use mics anymore :/

A variant of base Battlefield 1 mode Rush, Line of Sight is populated by Medics and Scouts only. All Scouts deal double bullet damage, so Medics will have to be on their toes.

They're already dropping Fog of War?

My guess is that this will turn into Scouts vs Scouts. No reviving. I guess some may play medics if they want to farm points.

Three times in a row spawned in a tank in which rounds are bugged and do zero damage to other tanks after firing 20+ rounds.

Game is such a piece of garbage, deleted.

Game is buggy. Looking forward to Dice LA fixing this shit or making a Comp BF game.

Three times in a row spawned in a tank in which rounds are bugged and do zero damage to other tanks after firing 20+ rounds.

Game is such a piece of garbage, deleted.

I've got 900 kills and 7 hours in the heavy tank and honestly I've never once experienced that bug. Sometimes your tank rounds will ricochet off the tanks armor and deal no damage, but that is rare and it's not a bug. I've really never seen or heard of what you're talking about though. That's odd....

And as far as the game being buggy... there are a few but it's generally a really smooth fluid game. Game runs phenomenally and looks pretty good too and I'm on all medium settings at 1080. The biggest bug right now is the revive glitch where sometimes you can't shoot after being revived without switching weapons first. That is annoying yes, but nothing game breaking. Also sometimes you spawn without your plane or tank which sucks.... but if you just hit redeploy right away you can select your vehicle again at the cost of 1 death. All things considered I think it's been a pretty solid release. It could be much worse. Certainly nothing game breaking.

I've got over 4,300 kills in the tank and in the top 200 tank players in the world, it's a bug I've experienced MANY times now.

Seems to usually happen when the tanks are at odd angles to one another, like the opposing tank sideways up a hill etc. Once the bug happens, no matter how many times or where you shoot the other tank, it doesn't register.

Overall the game is just too noobtastic and buggy for me to play anymore, just leads to irritation.

Don't troll Vega. He is H as it gets. Respect.

Anyway, Vega. Dice LA is supposed to be working on a separate competitive BF game. I am hoping for that. I agree. This game is too casual and I am not taking it seriously. Whenever bugs pop up or something stupid happens, I just shrug and try and do a really silly limpet multikill.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Anyway, Vega. Dice LA is supposed to be working on a separate competitive BF game. I am hoping for that. I agree. This game is too casual and I am not taking it seriously. Whenever bugs pop up or something stupid happens, I just shrug and try and do a really silly limpet multikill.

Exactly! This is nothing I take too seriously as far as bugs and things go. I'm pretty damn good at it but I completely recognize how easy it is to do so once you learn the ways of the game. It is very casual and nothing competitive. But that could be fun if they make something that leans more towards the competitive tactical side of things. Could be cool.

I hope by "competitive" they don't make it a CS or CoD clone. But I'd love to see them innovate a bit with the vehicle and weapon mechanics and bring back the modern theme. If their plans are shoebox sized maps and no aiming, then I have zero interest. Would be interesting to see a BF game which brought armor on the armored vehicles into play.

DICE made grand claims about both BF3 and BF4 catering to competitive gaming (no one remember that drop kick zh1nt0 promising that BF4 would the biggest eSport game ever within 6 months after release?) and they couldn't even be fucked including a proper spectator mode. In other words, I will believe it when I see it.

I hope they release some tighter maps.. right now it's just a huge sniperfest on every map. I like the light tank a lot.. just wish the splash damage was a tad more. You nearly have to take someones head off with a tank round to get a kill.

I hope they release some tighter maps.. right now it's just a huge sniperfest on every map. I like the light tank a lot.. just wish the splash damage was a tad more. You nearly have to take someones head off with a tank round to get a kill.
the shotty gun on the light tank handles infantry way better, I only use the shells for really long range or to take out a sniper hiding behind something.

The game has some of the biggest fps swings I have seen. Even at very modest, mostly low and medium settings at 1080P. My 2500K @4.2 and a 980 with a bit of an OC is getting serious drops down into the 40s. Wtf?

Zerging Planetside 2 runs better atm. That is crazy.

SLI still broken...... *le sigh*

I still play, it's just a pain in the ass to exit....CTRL ALT DEL and end tasks.....break SLI....then reload the game....

Rinse and repeat for when I want to go back to EVERY OTHER GAME I have that supports it.

True dat. But if they increase splash damage, infantry-only players commence squirting tears and filling up the forums with "OP light tank needs nerf NAO" threads.

Someone will always be unhappy with weapon & vehicle balance in BF games no matter which way it swings, everyone has their own biases based on their playstyle and thus DICE just throw their arms up and cater to the majority.

SLI still broken...... *le sigh*

I still play, it's just a pain in the ass to exit....CTRL ALT DEL and end tasks.....break SLI....then reload the game....

Rinse and repeat for when I want to go back to EVERY OTHER GAME I have that supports it.

Just set the game (program) to single card in the nvidia control panel. There's no need to change the global SLI setting back and forth.

had my closest game on amiens tonight. 1000-999

wish there was some more infantry maps. this is the only map I've been playing for past week probably. domination mode isn't realistic enough.

I like the light tank a lot.. just wish the splash damage was a tad more. You nearly have to take someones head off with a tank round to get a kill.
No no no...

Trust me, the light tank does not need more splash damage. My highest killstreak of 45 was done using the light tank. I think you aren't trying out the other light tank loadout...the Flanker. I dare say it is OP, but if it comes anywhere near either heavy tank it is royally fucked. The A7V will 1 or 2 shot it every time with the first shot causing immediate disable. The Flanker is an infantry nightmare. Fast firing auto-cannon with 15 rounds with massive splash damage. I pop a corner on Amiens with that tank and I will get 3-5 kills in one magazine of 15 shots. It's the same gun that's on the front of the Bomber and the ones that rain hell from the zeppelin. The secondary is an auto-shotgun that will take out low flying attack planes and fighters in one pass and almost disable a bomber. But they must be flying low or you are parked at a slight angle to hit them.

Be prepared to retreat a lot with it. You become public enemy #1 when you equip it. I've had entire squads forget about flags to chase me all the way back to the uncap base. This thing causes fits of rage worse than people bitching about the 10-A hunter shotgun, but it also happens to bring out some of the best teamwork from your enemies that I've seen in the battlefield series.

That being said, they are reeeeaally vulnerable in close quarters. Couple of direct hits from AT grenades or a single mine will take them out extremely easy. A good driver will keep the tank just outside these zones and let enemy troops funnel into those same bottlenecks that are a guaranteed death trap for him. Good drivers also always have an escape plan, and they will use it frequently. Those escape paths become great places for traps, and I've seen people catch me quite often this way.

If you are on the receiving end of this thing, DO NOT engage it on open ground. All you do is give your position away for it to kill you then retreat and repair. I've taken a half dozen K bullets while parked and followed every tracer back to it's source and STILL retreated to repair. Rocket guns help, but only as a follow up shot or when several people shoot them en-masse. I've had squads attack my tank in an open field with rocket guns, set the tank on fire, and I still managed to take them all out because there was zero cover for them to hide.

Last edited:
If anyone uses a mic in BF1 you should add me:

LoadToTheFace

Not enough people use mics anymore :/

Of all the changes that DICE has made to the series during its evolution, the one that has affected my personal game play and pissed me of the most is when they removed the ability of squad leaders to rename their squad.

I would name my squad something like "VOIP PTFO", or "VOIP ATTACK". 99.9% of the time I would find myself surrounded with a tight, highly coordinated, squad.

I wouldn't necessarily boot a squad member who didn't have a mic, but I would definitely boot someone who wasn't playing as a squad.

True dat. But if they increase splash damage, infantry-only players commence squirting tears and filling up the forums with "OP light tank needs nerf NAO" threads.

Someone will always be unhappy with weapon & vehicle balance in BF games no matter which way it swings, everyone has their own biases based on their playstyle and thus DICE just throw their arms up and cater to the majority.

It's already a bitch trying to use armor as a front line weapon in this game. K-Bullets which stop your repair mid cycle, rocket guns, AT mines, limpets, mortars, multiple classes with AT mines, attack planes, bombers, and the flame thrower. Takes multiple repair cycles to regenerate full health, there is next to no cover on half the maps, and some of the tanks accelerate like they are dragging a shitty diaper.

You either need to hang back, or have a support team on half the maps. /Virtually no players run with the repair tool. Some of the tank main guns have the trajectory of a rainbow mortar. I've even killed a tank by dropping a castle gate on it.

Mumbles something about infantry having no clue....

I've got over 4,300 kills in the tank and in the top 200 tank players in the world, it's a bug I've experienced MANY times now.

Seems to usually happen when the tanks are at odd angles to one another, like the opposing tank sideways up a hill etc. Once the bug happens, no matter how many times or where you shoot the other tank, it doesn't register.

Overall the game is just too noobtastic and buggy for me to play anymore, just leads to irritation.

I was in an A7V heading to Alpha cap on the Ballroom map. Came around the corner just in time to see an enemy A7V driver roll his tank on it's side. It came to a rest broadside across the road, exposing it's entire top directly facing me. As I fired my first round at him I thought to myself, "I'm gonna eat his fucking lunch".

My round hit him dead center, a 90 degree impact. To my surprise the round did zero damage even though it did not ricochet. Instead, the impact of the shell flipped his tank back up onto its treads, and we engaged each other. :p

By that time our infantry was on him like a bunch of angry ants, and I killed him with one hit.

No no no...

Trust me, the light tank does not need more splash damage. My highest killstreak of 45 was done using the light tank. I think you aren't trying out the other light tank loadout...the Flanker. I dare say it is OP, but if it comes anywhere near either heavy tank it is royally fucked. The A7V will 1 or 2 shot it every time with the first shot causing immediate disable. The Flanker is an infantry nightmare. Fast firing auto-cannon with 15 rounds with massive splash damage. I pop a corner on Amiens with that tank and I will get 3-5 kills in one magazine of 15 shots. It's the same gun that's on the front of the Bomber and the ones that rain hell from the zeppelin. The secondary is an auto-shotgun that will take out low flying attack planes and fighters in one pass and almost disable a bomber. But they must be flying low or you are parked at a slight angle to hit them.

Be prepared to retreat a lot with it. You become public enemy #1 when you equip it. I've had entire squads forget about flags to chase me all the way back to the uncap base. This thing causes fits of rage worse than people bitching about the 10-A hunter shotgun, but it also happens to bring out some of the best teamwork from your enemies that I've seen in the battlefield series.

That being said, they are reeeeaally vulnerable in close quarters. Couple of direct hits from AT grenades or a single mine will take them out extremely easy. A good driver will keep the tank just outside these zones and let enemy troops funnel into those same bottlenecks that are a guaranteed death trap for him. Good drivers also always have an escape plan, and they will use it frequently. Those escape paths become great places for traps, and I've seen people catch me quite often this way.

If you are on the receiving end of this thing, DO NOT engage it on open ground. All you do is give your position away for it to kill you then retreat and repair. I've taken a half dozen K bullets while parked and followed every tracer back to it's source and STILL retreated to repair. Rocket guns help, but only as a follow up shot or when several people shoot them en-masse. I've had squads attack my tank in an open field with rocket guns, set the tank on fire, and I still managed to take them all out because there was zero cover for them to hide.

Eh, that fast firing cannon I've seen it hit infantry.. blood flys.. and they run off. Splash dmg aint all that IMHO either.

I still prefer the howitzer. Take out infantry with the MG & blast the shiz outta where they hide. You need to be pretty much pointed in the direction of the fight and a bit out. But as you know thats the best strat anyway. getting up close is just a mistake.. too many ways to take a tank out. Take some dmg.. pop smoke and back out to repair. Think my best streak was 40 something kills in a round. Seemed like the entire other team was after me at time.. cam out with 0 deaths. Just checked.. I'm in like the top 7% with the light tank as well.

Back