BATTLEFIELD 1

It is paced very differently from BF4. If you are looking for a change I don't think you will be disappointed. Also, plane dumb bombing is back in a big way!

I may have missed it somewhere but do we know for sure this is on Frostbite 4?

Hearing reports they ported over the unlock system from Hardline. I know some people like that system, but I hated it. With BF3 and BF4 I found the unlock system made me try out all the guns. With Hardline, COD. Titanfall style unlocks. once I find a gun I like I don't bother trying the others.

acb.jpg

#merica

Hearing reports they ported over the unlock system from Hardline. I know some people like that system, but I hated it. With BF3 and BF4 I found the unlock system made me try out all the guns. With Hardline, COD. Titanfall style unlocks. once I find a gun I like I don't bother trying the others.

Nothing stopping you from using the guns with the better hardline system. I am glad they ported it over.

It is paced very differently from BF4. If you are looking for a change I don't think you will be disappointed. Also, plane dumb bombing is back in a big way!

Can't wait to equip my Rockateer jetpack and take out the bombers. *In a perfect world*

Nothing stopping you from using the guns with the better hardline system. I am glad they ported it over.

I just find when I can buy whatever gun I want I don't bother trying the others. At this point though I haven't seen any reason to buy the game. It seems to include everything I dislike, but I guess I will have to wait for the beta to see.

I got into the alpha. Actually got the email last week but haven't had a chance to get it until last night. I played a few rounds and it's ok so far. I mean i like bf and if you like bf3/4 then you'll probably like this too. Those that are saying it's like a reskinned 3/4 are pretty much spot on imo. That's all I'll say for now. Nda and all that. Tbh i was hoping it would have a cod 2 ish feel to it at the least. It's early to say for sure but we'll see. It's fun but not radically different either. Ehh.

Honestly, its Battlefield, theyre not gonna stray from what made them successful. I expected them to use the bf4 engine, and insert some elements of battlefront (sound and visual effect), and hardline (i honestly like their weapons upgrade system) into it. And thats pretty much what theyre doing,

Honestly, its Battlefield, theyre not gonna stray from what made them successful. I expected them to use the bf4 engine, and insert some elements of battlefront (sound and visual effect), and hardline (i honestly like their weapons upgrade system) into it. And thats pretty much what theyre doing,

A lot of people want a return to the more traditional Battlefield gameplay versus the CODified version. Those who have only played BF3/4 only know the bastardized versions.

Hardcore mode helps a lot, my only issue with that mode is that it has friendly fire on and Battlefield has never been good at detecting FF (damage enemy jeep, get a friendly kill warning 45secs later because they used it as cover).

Yup, been watching a few people streaming this.

It looks/plays identical to BF4.

Not saying it's a terrible thing, but whatever.

One of the biggest things I keep hearing from my Clan mates that got into the alpha is that performance-wise, the Alpha's current state is extremely polished and relatively bug free moreso than even the first year of BF4.

One of the biggest things I keep hearing from my Clan mates that got into the alpha is that performance-wise, the Alpha's current state is extremely polished and relatively bug free moreso than even the first year of BF4.
So when it gets released and finalized update......loads of glitches are going to pop up, right? :D

So when it gets released and finalized update......loads of glitches are going to pop up, right? :D

Having been apart of Alpha/Beta for every BF title since BF2, all I gotta say is lol.... I didn't even bother with this, the concept looks amazing but DICE doesn't deliver on release, ever.

Having been apart of Alpha/Beta for every BF title since BF2, all I gotta say is lol.... I didn't even bother with this, the concept looks amazing but DICE doesn't deliver on release, ever.

It's actually pretty fun. I played a bunch tonight and i thoroughly enjoyed it. It's way way more polished than bf4 was in it's beta state back on the summer a few months before it's release. I decided to play tonight without any preconceived ideas of what i was hoping it be and i found myself having fun lol. I'm hopeful for the retail release. I'll preorder after the summer.

It's actually pretty fun. I played a bunch tonight and i thoroughly enjoyed it. It's way way more polished than bf4 was in it's beta state back on the summer a few months before it's release. I decided to play tonight without any preconceived ideas of what i was hoping it be and i found myself having fun lol. I'm hopeful for the retail release. I'll preorder after the summer.

The last decent BF launch was Bad Company 2, and probably the last decent game they released. If the game works, and is not a glitched mess I might have to give it a whirl.

The last decent BF launch was Bad Company 2, and probably the last decent game they released. If the game works, and is not a glitched mess I might have to give it a whirl.
I take it you don't remember launch for BFBC2 where the multiplayer servers were completely down for almost a week on launch day. BFBC2 was also as buggy as every other release to date (except BF4 of course). BF4 had a buggier launch than all others.

I take it you don't remember launch for BFBC2 where the multiplayer servers were completely down for almost a week on launch day. BFBC2 was also as buggy as every other release to date (except BF4 of course). BF4 had a buggier launch than all others.

That's actually more of my point... They all have had issues at launch, but I never had an issue playing Bad Company 2 at release, granted I also worked the Australian shift then....

Flora Sandes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milunka_Savić
Dorothy Lawrence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marie Marvingt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ecaterina Teodoroiu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blue Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(Poland)
Women's Battalion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having a simple female gender option and then having them wearing actual uniforms I don't see the huge issue. There were women who fought in ww1 while hiding their gender. It's not like women were fighting in skirts or anything,t hey wore what the men wore (like most modern female soldiers), so you likely wouldn't even notice they were a woman on the battlefield.

Just have a simple female head vs male head, would satisfy both sides and wouldn't be completely inaccurate or anything either.

That's actually more of my point... They all have had issues at launch, but I never had an issue playing Bad Company 2 at release, granted I also worked the Australian shift then....

Not sure what game you were playing since one couldn't even connect to the MP servers for weeks at BC2's launch. At least BF3 and BF4 launches let you join games despite glitches. People have this romanticized memory of BC2 and that everything was just better - destruction etc, and that simply wasn't the case.

Regardless, it's great to see that BF1 takes and refines gameplay and netcode from previous games rather than starting from scratch and requiring years of patching and fixing again.

Not sure what game you were playing since one couldn't even connect to the MP servers for weeks at BC2's launch. At least BF3 and BF4 launches let you join games despite glitches. People have this romanticized memory of BC2 and that everything was just better - destruction etc, and that simply wasn't the case.

Agreed. Take Golmud in BF4. The entire village can be collapsed BC2 style.

Regardless, it's great to see that BF1 takes and refines gameplay and netcode from previous games rather than starting from scratch and requiring years of patching and fixing again.

Not sure what you're talking about? BC2 was better for many people in terms of gameplay/fun.

The destruction was FAR superior to both Bf3 and 4, because unlike those games the destruction wasn't "held back" or limited.

Yes BC2 had some server hiccups at launch, but most people that talk fondly about it as the last "good" BF game it's because of the gameplay.

BC2 brought about the "Rush" gamemode, had some great maps, made weapon unlocking a huge thing. Whereas BF3/4 didn't really bring anything new tot he toable and curbed the amount of destruction for some reason in favor of their "leveloution" scripted thing that was very linear in nature and got old after playing for a short time.

I had no issues playing during AEST, most of the "Issues" were during your play times, when they brought the servers down.

Not sure what you're talking about? BC2 was better for many people in terms of gameplay/fun.

The destruction was FAR superior to both Bf3 and 4, because unlike those games the destruction wasn't "held back" or limited.

Yes BC2 had some server hiccups at launch, but most people that talk fondly about it as the last "good" BF game it's because of the gameplay.

BC2 brought about the "Rush" gamemode, had some great maps, made weapon unlocking a huge thing. Whereas BF3/4 didn't really bring anything new tot he toable and curbed the amount of destruction for some reason in favor of their "leveloution" scripted thing that was very linear in nature and got old after playing for a short time.

About destruction, play some of the maps in BF4 more. As mentioned, some villages/areas can be entirely leveled. BF3/4 brought prone, slower paced gameplay, larger maps, bipods, and shooting mechanics that were consolized. BC2 is what really got me into the series (BF2 never worked for me) and I enjoyed it once patched to stability 1-2 years post release which is when I got it, but it has not aged well.

Yeah if you liked 1942 you aren't gonna wanna miss this one for sure! The alpha is awesome. Like play for hours at a time awesome.

I've been having alot of fun with this actually. I'm still surprised by it actually but it's very cool. Can't wait till retail release.

The planes are wicked. A little nerfed but fun as hell.

As for the rest, it takes a while to get the hang of it but all the vehicles and vehicle positions are fun. With the medic class you get that classic rifle action, not bolt action, but they do lots of damage.

The classes are more like the classes in 1942, I think. I am old.

Back