• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Arkham Knight might prove to be alright depending on how Season of Infamy plays out. So far it hasn't been worth while as the DLCs are all way too short to justify their costs.

I just started Season of Infamy... of the two missions I've done, they took me very little time to complete and yet again felt underwhelming. Not worth the money.
 
I completed Season of Infamy...like post above, it is way too short and felt underwhelming
Not worth reinstalling game for and i suggest you look it up on youtube if you want to know what happens, i want my bandwidth back
 
I just started Season of Infamy... of the two missions I've done, they took me very little time to complete and yet again felt underwhelming. Not worth the money.

That's unfortunate. I felt there was some potential in that one.
 
I'll definitely be buying Season of Infamy...based on what I heard the Mr Freeze story ending is epic...Ra's al Ghul was also good I hear...the other 2 apparently are not as good but it does provide closure for their storylines from the beginning of the Arkham series which is good enough for me
 
This fucking game is bullshit. I can't even get past the Hellecopter boss at ACE chemicals. Changed the difficulty to Easy. I've tried about 30 times now.

So pissed right now I'm shelving this POS.
 
This fucking game is bullshit. I can't even get past the Hellecopter boss at ACE chemicals. Changed the difficulty to Easy. I've tried about 30 times now.

So pissed right now I'm shelving this POS.

Hahah, you're obviously missing something here...
 
Went back to this after being "distracted" by Fallout for a month. I'm still somewhat in awe with how good this game looks. Still haven't had any crashes or major performance issues. At the very least, my single Nvidia GTX980 is doing its job. I feel for the people that can't run the game, as it's pretty phenomenal.
As I get further into the game, I'm enjoying exactly how fluid the game has become. It's no longer just run here, solve a quick puzzle, and fight a bunch of dudes using button cadence. The driving and related mechanics add a ton of depth. My only gripe is the artificial barriers between areas (the bridges) keep you from doing some of the side missions. I kinda wish I could just knock some of those out, but the game won't let me.
If this game ever goes on sale, it's worth going for if you have a single/strong Nvidia card. It's GOTY worthy when it works.
 
This fucking game is bullshit. I can't even get past the Hellecopter boss at ACE chemicals. Changed the difficulty to Easy. I've tried about 30 times now.

So pissed right now I'm shelving this POS.

Don't get shot and shoot back. Its pretty easy. ;)
 
Went back to this after being "distracted" by Fallout for a month. I'm still somewhat in awe with how good this game looks. Still haven't had any crashes or major performance issues. At the very least, my single Nvidia GTX980 is doing its job. I feel for the people that can't run the game, as it's pretty phenomenal.
As I get further into the game, I'm enjoying exactly how fluid the game has become. It's no longer just run here, solve a quick puzzle, and fight a bunch of dudes using button cadence. The driving and related mechanics add a ton of depth. My only gripe is the artificial barriers between areas (the bridges) keep you from doing some of the side missions. I kinda wish I could just knock some of those out, but the game won't let me.
If this game ever goes on sale, it's worth going for if you have a single/strong Nvidia card. It's GOTY worthy when it works.

For me, by about 75% through the game, I was pretty sick of the boring combat. It is the same exact thing over and over, same enemies but different skins.

Even though it is pretty similar, I find Sleeping Dogs combat to be more satisfying and fun.
 
For me, by about 75% through the game, I was pretty sick of the boring combat. It is the same exact thing over and over, same enemies but different skins.

Even though it is pretty similar, I find Sleeping Dogs combat to be more satisfying and fun.

I don't disagree, although at least in this one there isn't that much combat. It has stayed 90% the same going back to the other 3 games after all. I've just grown used to it...although probably like Assassin's Creed, I'm sure I'll reach my breaking point with it.
Sleeping Dogs is most definitely the gold standard for fighting in an open-world game. It feels like that was designed more by fighting game players. The shooting and driving weren't all that great (not like Batman's are either), but the fighting aspect = A+ in Sleeping Dogs.
 
Reached the end (the first one) this morning. Quite a game. I don't think I'll bother with the other endings as I'm a bit burnt out. It was a hell of a ride, though.
If I could change anything, it would be the way the game handles guns. They're overkill, and the game handicaps you in odd ways to ensure they stay that way. You have like 5 gadgets that should stop them, yet none actually do.
I still only had one single crash in the 32 hours I have on Steam. I only had FPS drop outs in 1-2 areas, too. I generally found the game to have a level of polish far beyond most other games on the market, too. It's really too bad some people had major issues.
On to Dragon's Dogma. Maybe I'll go back and get the other endings later. I completed 80'ish% of the normal ones, but I only got a very small % of the Riddler trophies.
 
but I only got a very small % of the Riddler trophies.

loved the game but I found the Riddler collectables mostly annoying and not worth the time...I did most if not all of the Riddler stuff in the previous Arkham games but in AK it seemed way more tedious and the payoff doesn't seem worth it either
 
So is this game fixed yet? I checked out a couple months ago and didn't keep up with the patches but I still really want to play this. Some forums say it's fixed and others say it's not. I don't mind spending the $50 on it right now if it's just a few slowdowns here and there but if it's a muttering, stuttering mess then I won't. But for every post I find saying "it plays fine" I find one saying it's unplayable.
 
Most of the posts in this thread since the patch seem to indicate that it plays a lot better now.

Sucks to pay $50+ for the game now when everyone was selling the codes for $25-30 before, but it is what it is I guess. Keep in mind Steam has a refund policy now, if you want to check it out for yourself.
 
I believe your mileage varies on your hardware. I'm on a 4970K, 16GB of RAM, and a GTX980. All are getting a mild overclock, but nothing crazy.
I'm playing the current iteration with details maxed except AA (I'm fine with normal 2x) and shadows. I have all Physx features and everything else cranked, though. 1080p.
I got a single crash in an area with tons of PhysX going after playing for 2 hours. I ran into 2-3 major slowdowns that took me into the 30's for FPS. All were rooms with lots of fog effects, particles, and gun packing dudes. Otherwise, I was at 60fps the whole time. Batmobile and all.
Supposedly ATI hardware isn't as consistent and multi-GPU setups are unsupported. In fact they said the game will never support them.
If your setup is anything like mine, I'd push this game every bit as hard as Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. It's GOTY material. If not, I guess I'd hunt around and see if someone has a similar setup to yours. Check sites like Green Man CDKeys, etc. too.

EDIT: Ha, I ran into an odd glitch. Against Deathstroke, his tank actually somehow fell off the map and into the water. What I got was a weird glitchy moment where I thought my game was about to lock. A monochrome Deathstroke jumped out of some weird looking gray water and ended up getting caught by a floating Batman and punched on top of the batmobile. Luckily the game warped my own car out of the water and the game claimed I won that battle. I only actually hit his tank once. Go figure. I'm definitely done with the game now. I was so close to that one, I couldn't not do it.
 
Last edited:
the Most Wanted side missions in Arkham Knight are a lot of fun and I would recommend doing most of them (except for the Riddler one) to wrap up the stories for Batman's villain gallery
 
the Most Wanted side missions in Arkham Knight are a lot of fun and I would recommend doing most of them (except for the Riddler one) to wrap up the stories for Batman's villain gallery

The Riddler trophies weren't all that hard to get. No different than the other games. If you can't find one, look online and get a solution.
 
They aren't necessarily hard to get, but there are hundreds of them. If you miss one it's a pain to even identify which one you're missing online, let alone to actually find it in the game. A video that shows how to get them all is more than an hour long and it skips directly from one to the next.
I got 'em all in the very first game (there weren't that many in that one, and it's small) but don't have the fortitude to bother with the others. They've gotten worse than the flags in the first Assassin's Creed.
I did all of the other side missions, though. They weren't so bad and you find 95% of them just by playing the game and passing near where they're located. I think I tacked on an additional hour clearing the few I left after clearing the main game.
 
The latest patch for Batman: Arkham Knight was released and contains the following updates:

• Added support for January DLC content
• Fixed issues with the benchmark map which could occur after installing the Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion content
• Resolved an issue on some notebook PC hardware where the screen flickers on launch. Users will require the latest Nvidia drivers and Microsoft Windows drivers installed.
• Fixed some keyboard and mouse prompts functioning incorrectly after certain keys had been rebound.
• Fixed an issue on the in-game store where free DLCs were shown to have a value of “.0”
• Addressed an issue where rebinding keys could cause quickfire gadget attacks to work incorrectly for Batgirl, Red Hood or Harley Quinn
• Miscellaneous DLC gameplay fixes and stability improvements

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/987779636943328192

good to see WB still working on fixing the game unlike Mortal Combat X which they abandoned on PC...WB is slowly creeping up the list of publishers to avoid or at least take a wait and see approach with
 
The Riddler trophies weren't all that hard to get. No different than the other games. If you can't find one, look online and get a solution.

Not hard but I don't have time for collectables in any video game anymore. It just becomes a grind with little to none reward.
 
Deciding to try the game again after all of these patches and I'm impressed. Max out at 1080p I'm rock solid at 60fps. No more hitching while driving around in the Batmobile either.
 
I see the ps4 version on sale for $15. Wondering if to get that, or if the PC version is fully fixed. (and to wait til i upgrade)
 
To hell with it, I bought it. Downloading now. Paid $50 for it but if it works and is at least as good as the previous 3, which it looks like it will be, it will be worth it. I do love these games.
 
To hell with it, I bought it. Downloading now. Paid $50 for it but if it works and is at least as good as the previous 3, which it looks like it will be, it will be worth it. I do love these games.

It's all good now. You'll enjoy it.
 
Yeah so far so good. Running 50-60 fps on my rig with everything maxed out. Dont notice any bugs yet except for flight. When you do the grapnel boost, it automatically points you downward and you cant really recover. Not a game breaker though. So far I like it pretty good. Not sure its better than the other 3 but its close enough Im glad I finally coughed up the cash for it.
 
Game breaker for me was the helicopter boss. WAY to friggen hard. WTF.

I tried like at least 40 times. Gave up and un-installed. Piece of shit game.
 
Game breaker for me was the helicopter boss. WAY to friggen hard. WTF.

I tried like at least 40 times. Gave up and un-installed. Piece of shit game.

Ugh. I hate mega hard bosses in games. All it doesn't is bring a good story and game to a screeching halt until you figure out the proper pattern to beat it.
 
Steam has the Season Pass on sale. I'm going to hold out til it's cheaper as I haven't finished the main game yet, but for those interested...
 
I may get it. About 9 hours into it now and I love it! Well worth $50. Hate I had to wait 8 months to play it but it really is a great game. Not quite the atmosphere of City but close.
 
I barely remember the helicopter boss. That was in the Batmobile, right?
Some of the later batmobile bosses (and challenges) are pretty tough...or at least time consuming. It's just a matter of staying out of their laser sights and shooting first in most instances. Easier said than done, though.
 
Just noticed CDKeys.com has the season pass for $10. Seems like a decent deal, think I'm going to bite.
 
Just noticed CDKeys.com has the season pass for $10. Seems like a decent deal, think I'm going to bite.

At that price I think its a good buy. I couldn't give two squirts of piss about the challenge maps, but the extra suits, Batmobiles and story missions are worth the $10.
 
If you can run the game, $10 is a killer deal. It's huge, there's a lot to do, it's fun, and the gameplay stays a bit fresher than the other ones.
 
Back
Top