• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Batman: Arkham Knight

looks like WB made good on their promise...free copies of Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate- Deluxe Edition have just been added to my Steam library (I already own the other Arkham games)

Good for you! Although it wasn't as good a game as it predecessors, I thought Origins was still a really good Batman game.
I played it like a year after its release so I didn't experience any issues that were reported.
If you have enjoyed the Rocksteady Batman games as much as I did, I'm confident you will have a blast playing Origins...
 
what is Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition?...I thought it was just a handheld game...is it an all new game?...a DLC?...does it take place after the events of Origins?
 
what is Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition?...I thought it was just a handheld game...is it an all new game?...a DLC?...does it take place after the events of Origins?

It was a Vita game. WB ended up porting it to consoles and the PC. It's some kind of 2.5D action game.
 
It was a Vita game. WB ended up porting it to consoles and the PC. It's some kind of 2.5D action game.

The real trivia there is the studio that made that game is a new studio made from former Retro Games employees who worked on the Metroid Prime series, that left after MP3.
 
If they keep that shit in black and white I won't be playing it. I hate that crap in Clerks or any of the shittastic Frank Miller movies.

Yeah. I hate the look of Miller's Dark Knight comics. If they go that style count me out as well.
 
Sin City movies are only good for some soft TA but other than that they were cringe worthy. Second especially was terrible.
 
There are elements of the first one that were good (beyond Carla Gugino) but those movies are awfully cheesy. I do kinda like the style, though.
 
There are elements of the first one that were good (beyond Carla Gugino) but those movies are awfully cheesy. I do kinda like the style, though.

The style is one of my biggest gripes about it. Black and white is horrible to look at. It's used for "autistic"....I mean "artistic" reasons. I can make exceptions as I did for Clerks because I genuinely thought it was funny. I can handle watching old reruns of shows that weren't filmed in color because that's how they were. But in the modern age there is no excuse for it unless you just want to be autistic, er....artistic.
 
The style is one of my biggest gripes about it. Black and white is horrible to look at. It's used for "autistic"....I mean "artistic" reasons. I can make exceptions as I did for Clerks because I genuinely thought it was funny. I can handle watching old reruns of shows that weren't filmed in color because that's how they were. But in the modern age there is no excuse for it unless you just want to be autistic, er....artistic.

it's unique visual style was one of the best things about the movie...it was meant to mirror the comic book style and I loved it...it wasn't all black and white either, it had some great color in it...I'm glad we have filmmakers who are willing to think outside the box and not make everything look the same...you must hate Terminator 2, any Pixar movie, Avatar (I hated that too though but the technology behind it was impressive) or any other movie which dares to be different
 
it's unique visual style was one of the best things about the movie...it was meant to mirror the comic book style and I loved it...it wasn't all black and white either, it had some great color in it...I'm glad we have filmmakers who are willing to think outside the box and not make everything look the same...you must hate Terminator 2, any Pixar movie, Avatar (I hated that too though but the technology behind it was impressive) or any other movie which dares to be different

If visual style adds something to the presentation then go for it. 99% of the time when people "dare to be different", they tend to do things for a "unique" style that aren't done for good reasons. Black and white film, shaky cams, out of focus documentary style camera work, and quick cuts that don't allow you to see the action just don't appeal to me. This isn't to say I dislike all films or shows that do things like that, but I don't think those techniques add to the film. Except In some cases those tricks are used to cover up special effects or to preserve the "realism" where clear picture and slower speeds etc. would break the illusion. The Transformers movies employ a number of these tricks to cover for what would otherwise be unconvincing CG effects. That's fine. Christopher Nolan's shitty camera work in the fight scenes for Batman Begins on the other hand weren't appreciated. I thought hat film was excellent despite that.

Thinking out of the box is sometimes a good thing and sometimes it isn't. Terminator 2 is great. I don't hate any of the Pixar movies, although they aren't favorites of mine. And I agree, Avatar was a steaming pile of shit but it did look cool.
 
New patch seems to be up.

PC Update - December 17th


The latest patch for Batman: Arkham Knight was released today and contains the following updates:

Fixed some issues with stars being awarded or lost incorrectly in specific AR Challenges

Improved target prioritization during combat

Restored heavier rain during the opening section of the game

Fixed missing rain effects on a few remaining player character skins

Miscellaneous gameplay fixes and stability improvements

Fixes to some keyboard and mouse prompts after being rebound

Made frame times more consistent for 60hz monitors running at 30fps with VSync enabled

Previously equipped gadgets can be selected with keyboard and mouse again after restarting an AR Challenge

Fixed the default key binding for Harley’s Snare gadget

Batgirl’s Remote Hacking Device can now be properly selected with keyboard & mouse in AR Challenges

Minor performance optimizations for certain combinations of hardware

Fixed keyboard & mouse controls that did not function in DLC AR Challenges when no previous save data existed

Quick Photo Mode can now be triggered with keyboard and mouse controls when using the Batmobile

Special Combo Takedowns can now be performed with Quickfire Gadget binds if they were rebound

Fixed graphical corruption that may occur after Alt-Tabbing

Improvements and corrections to some localized text

Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack

Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack

Added support for December DLC content
 
Any of the DLC worth playing, or better yet, buying? Assuming they get a big discount during Steam sales. Just completed the main game 100% earlier this week.

Have the Harley DLC from buying the game or WB apology or something, but haven't played it.
 
Any of the DLC worth playing, or better yet, buying? Assuming they get a big discount during Steam sales. Just completed the main game 100% earlier this week.

Have the Harley DLC from buying the game or WB apology or something, but haven't played it.

None of the DLC is really worth the price by itself. The Season pass may justify itself when Season of Infamy launches. For that $40 there is a lot of actual content.
 
The Season of Infamy is the only DLC content that I'm actually looking forward to playing. Playing as the Red Hood was fun as well but it was way too short.
 
I bought the challenges add ons, crime fighter or whatever. Like $2 or $3 each. Was worth it, I like the challenge maps.
 
Cool. Had not read about Season of Infamy. Sounds intriguing, but seeing that, think I'll just wait until there is a pack with all the DLC for like $10 or less.
 
anyone play the game with the new patch?...any noticeable performance improvements?

Game still crashes to the desktop for me every time that I drive the Batmobile and run into things. It worked perfectly fine the entire time it was not purchasable on Steam. After the patch that welcomed the game back to Steam, it's been sitting idle in my game list as it is unplayable now.
 
I wonder if WB/Rocksteady is done patching the game for PC now that the final DLC is being released...
 
Game still crashes to the desktop for me every time that I drive the Batmobile and run into things. It worked perfectly fine the entire time it was not purchasable on Steam. After the patch that welcomed the game back to Steam, it's been sitting idle in my game list as it is unplayable now.

I would uninstall it and manually remove any files left over, then reinstall/download. It has to be something on your PC/installation.
 
the Season of Infamy DLC is now out...it's the only DLC I've been looking forward to as it held the most potential...reviews are decent but not as amazing as I was hoping for...each of the 4 new missions are 30-45 minutes long and feature Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter, Ra's al Ghul, and Killer Croc...the Mr. Freeze and Ra's al Ghul missions are getting the best reviews

for $9.99 it seems worth it for fans of Arkham Knight

http://www.destructoid.com/review-batman-arkham-knight-season-of-infamy-328895.phtml
 
I wonder if WB/Rocksteady is done patching the game for PC now that the final DLC is being released...

Considering they've said there were several things they couldn't fix, and we've had two patches since then, I'd say so. They'll treat it like Origins and enable DLC compatibility only from now on.
 
Now that the last story DLC is out I'm going to re-download the game and check out all the story DLCs and how the game performances since the last time I played. Hopefully it works at least a little better than it did during the re-release, especially the Batmobile.
 
Now that the last story DLC is out I'm going to re-download the game and check out all the story DLCs and how the game performances since the last time I played. Hopefully it works at least a little better than it did during the re-release, especially the Batmobile.

I want to give it another playthrough as well soon...I played it after the game was re-released in October...performance was fine for the most part (still some frame rate drops) but I needed to disable the Nvidia fog effects...hopefully this time I can play it with all the Nvidia GameWorks eye candy enabled...fantastic game from a story standpoint...can't decide between this and Arkham Asylum as my favorite Rocksteady Arkham game
 
Any nude mods from Harlequin?

I haven't looked, but probably. Being that the engine used is UE3, Rocksteady and WB Games can't prevent textures from being replaced in memory as the utilities to do that are out there.

Now that the last story DLC is out I'm going to re-download the game and check out all the story DLCs and how the game performances since the last time I played. Hopefully it works at least a little better than it did during the re-release, especially the Batmobile.

It should. Most of the patches have improved performance for the most part. While the maximum frame rates aren't drastically more improved, the average frame rate consistency has been. I've played all the DLC's excluding Season of Infamy and frankly I haven't been impressed by them. They are way too short to be worth the price of admission. The possible exception is the "Matter of Family" DLC which is at least about an hour long. The story for that is pretty underwhelming, but it is fun. The DLC's are difficult in spots, I'll give them that.

I want to give it another playthrough as well soon...I played it after the game was re-released in October...performance was fine for the most part (still some frame rate drops) but I needed to disable the Nvidia fog effects...hopefully this time I can play it with all the Nvidia GameWorks eye candy enabled...fantastic game from a story standpoint...can't decide between this and Arkham Asylum as my favorite Rocksteady Arkham game

The NVIDIA fog effects have been reduced to about 1/3 of what they used to be. So it's impossible for them to impact performance as badly as they used to.
 
The NVIDIA fog effects have been reduced to about 1/3 of what they used to be. So it's impossible for them to impact performance as badly as they used to.

Slightly reassuring for me, as I played yesterday with my new card and was kinda bummed out I don't get the smoke effects anymore.

Also agree about the DLCs. If I would have paid full price I would have been pretty annoyed at how underwhelming they all were. I'm still trying to finish the Knightfall Protocol before I do Season of Infamy.

This is definitely my favorite Arkham game -- ignoring all the performance issues and the heavy dose of Troy Baker as an uninteresting character.
 
Slightly reassuring for me, as I played yesterday with my new card and was kinda bummed out I don't get the smoke effects anymore.

Also agree about the DLCs. If I would have paid full price I would have been pretty annoyed at how underwhelming they all were. I'm still trying to finish the Knightfall Protocol before I do Season of Infamy.

This is definitely my favorite Arkham game -- ignoring all the performance issues and the heavy dose of Troy Baker as an uninteresting character.

It's definitely been my favorite despite having some issues with the story and a couple of the characters.
 
The NVIDIA fog effects have been reduced to about 1/3 of what they used to be. So it's impossible for them to impact performance as badly as they used to.

I wish that they would at least include a detail slider for those. I know that people said that the performance improved after those effects were reduced, but some people were disappointed because there was less eye candy. IMO, people with high-end rigs (and more powerful PCs 1-3+ years from now) should have the option to have those effects appear as they did in the original release.
 
I wish that they would at least include a detail slider for those. I know that people said that the performance improved after those effects were reduced, but some people were disappointed because there was less eye candy. IMO, people with high-end rigs (and more powerful PCs 1-3+ years from now) should have the option to have those effects appear as they did in the original release.

Couldn't this stuff be increased in one of the *.cfg or *.ini files?
 
I've played all the DLC's excluding Season of Infamy and frankly I haven't been impressed by them. They are way too short to be worth the price of admission. The possible exception is the "Matter of Family" DLC which is at least about an hour long. The story for that is pretty underwhelming, but it is fun. The DLC's are difficult in spots, I'll give them that

when Rocksteady/WB first announced that the Season Pass would cost $40 most people were angry but were at least expecting some meaty new missions and side-ops...but it turned out worse then anyone could have anticipated...most of the story DLC were ridiculously short missions ranging from 10-20 minutes...at least Season of Infamy is a bit longer and sounds like the best of them...I'll probably pick up that DLC when it goes on sale during a Steam sale
 
when Rocksteady/WB first announced that the Season Pass would cost $40 most people were angry but were at least expecting some meaty new missions and side-ops...but it turned out worse then anyone could have anticipated...most of the story DLC were ridiculously short missions ranging from 10-20 minutes...at least Season of Infamy is a bit longer and sounds like the best of them...I'll probably pick up that DLC when it goes on sale during a Steam sale

Season passes are one of the most exploitative scams to implant itself in the gaming industry, on par if not worse than the concept of pre-orders in general. You have zero idea of what you will be ultimately getting, and more often than not the included content is not worth anywhere near the prepaid asking price. Any game that employs such a distasteful tactic is automatically relegated to my "only buy the complete GOTY edition when on sale for less than $10" list.
 
the most recent Arkham Insider video leaves the door open for more Rocksteady Batman games...at the 9:12 mark the question is asked of Sefton Hill whether this is indeed the final Arkham Rocksteady game and the video 'mysteriously' cuts off before we hear his answer...I take that to mean that there will be more Batman in some form, maybe part of a Suicide Squad or Superman game (to tie in with the Batman vs Superman movie)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSejUvS9m1w
 
Season passes are one of the most exploitative scams to implant itself in the gaming industry, on par if not worse than the concept of pre-orders in general. You have zero idea of what you will be ultimately getting, and more often than not the included content is not worth anywhere near the prepaid asking price. Any game that employs such a distasteful tactic is automatically relegated to my "only buy the complete GOTY edition when on sale for less than $10" list.

Experience tells me in most cases if I want to bother with them or not. The Season Pass when the DLC is totaled up in terms of cost, is cheaper than buying these items separately, but it's rarely a good deal. I've never been satisfied with the season passes of any games I've purchased. Mortal Kombat X was probably the one I regret the least. Arkham Knight might prove to be alright depending on how Season of Infamy plays out. So far it hasn't been worth while as the DLCs are all way too short to justify their costs. If and when Mass Effect Andromeda comes out with a season pass I will be all over it. I've never been disappointed with the DLC of that series. As far as DLC goes, it's been the exception rather than the rule.
 
Back
Top