Batman: Arkham Knight

Have all major issues been fixed?

The missing effects have been fixed in the initial patch a week or so ago, but the performance issues/other bugs have not. Apparently Rocksteady is working on it, unfortunately no timeframe has been given. It still has not been reposted for sale on Steam.

I'm glad I got it on a good deal from GMG, but of course it's still frustrating to have to wait longer to play it properly..

The missing effects have been fixed in the initial patch a week or so ago, but the performance issues/other bugs have not. Apparently Rocksteady is working on it, unfortunately no timeframe has been given. It still has not been reposted for sale on Steam.

I'm glad I got it on a good deal from GMG, but of course it's still frustrating to have to wait longer to play it properly..

As much as the blame they have there should be some on people's systems. Game runs perfect on mine, i think its only crashed once when i slammed into a riddler bullshit trap.

We started playing this this morning and it's amazing.

I turned off SLI and it runs great maxed 3440x1440. Would I prefer SLI and DSR? Sure and I understand why some would of been pissed with missing effects two weeks ago. Right now we're enjoying the game.

Way more fun than the previous Batmans. Also thought it was a cinematic in the beginning, was pleasantly surprised how good the game looks.

We started playing this this morning and it's amazing.

I turned off SLI and it runs great maxed 3440x1440. Would I prefer SLI and DSR? Sure and I understand why some would of been pissed with missing effects two weeks ago. Right now we're enjoying the game.

Way more fun than the previous Batmans. Also thought it was a cinematic in the beginning, was pleasantly surprised how good the game looks.

The broken AR in the cut scenes doesn't bother you?

I'd tell people to get it for the story, but not for the gameplay so much. I like the concept of the Batmobile, but don't like the execution of it (Batman should really be able to afford some good wet weather tires). The city is huge and yet feels like there's nothing to do except the same things over and over. The way they handled the Riddler stuff is horrible I think. Racetracks? Really? Might as well rename him to the Racer and replace the ? with a checkered flag.

The whole thing with having the Joker taunting Batman through the game is stellar. The whole "descent into madness" thing is great. Mark Hamill owns the role yet again. The overall story is excellent, even with the Arkham Knight reveal being somewhat of an anti-climax and telegraphed way way too much ahead of time.

The story makes it worth playing, the gameplay, not so much to me. Maybe patches and DLC will change my mind down the road. I'd be happy if it did.

The cutscenes are stretched on 21:9 monitors.

On a side note. Beat this game finally. With 100% complete. Game is amazing.

Ohh yeah no black bars. I questioned it but just told myself batman bulked up some. :)

So didn't bother me. You'd be amazed what you ignore if you don't know to look. Heh.

I've been trying to hack away at some of the AR challenges and I have to say the Batmobile combat ones are pure trash. If the enemies don't spawn in just the right pattern you have to start over from scratch and makes them more luck based than skill based.

there's still a lot of work that needs to be done according to Rocksteady...I'm not expecting it to be 'fixed' for a few more weeks..but I'm patient...I'd rather play it with all the eye candy and performance issues fixed...playing it now just for the sake of playing it is not worth it

according to WB/Rocksteady these are the key areas being worked on:

•Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
•Fix for low resolution texture bug
•Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
•Add more options to the graphics settings menu
•Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
•Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
•Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
•NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
•Enabling AMD Crossfire
•NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers

His primary flings in the comics are Talia Al Ghul and Catwoman. He even has a son with Talia.

Ah those names ring a bell, mostly from AC, shame Talia died in the previous game. No idea on the outcome of Catwoman didn't complete the game.

Thanks for the memory refresh.

The way they handled the Riddler stuff is horrible I think. Racetracks? Really? Might as well rename him to the Racer and replace the ? with a checkered flag

I heard about this when the reviews came out...it sounded ridiculous...it's obvious the only reason they did this was to shoehorn the Batmobile into more missions...totally silly...what does the Riddler have to do with racing challenges??...they should have kept the Riddler challenges the same from the previous Arkham games

I heard about this when the reviews came out...it sounded ridiculous...it's obvious the only reason they did this was to shoehorn the Batmobile into more missions...totally silly...what does the Riddler have to do with racing challenges??...they should have kept the Riddler challenges the same from the previous Arkham games

Have you played the game? There is more riddles in this game then any previous batman. And there is only 3 races.. Nothing to cry about.

Its full of Nvidia crapworks™, so expect it to be buggy. Rocksteady probably needs Nvidias help to fix the PC version of game, due to the black box nature of the code. I bought Batman Origins first when it was about 5$ (nov 2014) and perhaps I can play it now without too many bugs.

Got Batman Arkham Knight for free now, since I just bought a MSI 980 gaming for my HTPC. I´m on the fence whether I should redeem the code and wait for the crapworks game to be playable or if I should give the code to someone who plan to pay for the game and rather enjoy screwing up the sales for WB instead.

Dont get frustrated if you have to wait to play a crapworks™ game properly. Get a console version if you want to play it early, or wait until its at bargain basement prices. By then its probably playable and if you normally buy a lot of games anyway, you probably have a backlog to take care of until then. :D

Or buy them full price early and have fun making a video like AngryJoe did with the crapworks titles Batman Arkham Knight and Destiny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUOzL04Byg

LOL!

Its full of Nvidia crapworks™, so expect it to be buggy. Rocksteady probably needs Nvidias help to fix the PC version of game, due to the black box nature of the code. I bought Batman Origins first when it was about 5$ (nov 2014) and perhaps I can play it now without too many bugs.

Got Batman Arkham Knight for free now, since I just bought a MSI 980 gaming for my HTPC. I´m on the fence whether I should redeem the code and wait for the crapworks game to be playable or if I should give the code to someone who plan to pay for the game and rather enjoy screwing up the sales for WB instead.

Dont get frustrated if you have to wait to play a crapworks™ game properly. Get a console version if you want to play it early, or wait until its at bargain basement prices. By then its probably playable and if you normally buy a lot of games anyway, you probably have a backlog to take care of until then. :D

Or buy them full price early and have fun making a video like AngryJoe did with the crapworks titles Batman Arkham Knight and Destiny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUOzL04Byg

LOL!

It has nothing to do with crapworks.

It has nothing to do with crapworks.

It does. There are crapworks spesific issues in this game and crapwork games in general are clusterfucks of bugs when they are released and a long time afterwards as well.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/repor...rectx-10-when-nvidia-gameworks-are-activated/

I have Assassins Creed Unity (from Asus Rog promo) and I havent even bothered installing it yet, since its crapworks and I need to see if the bugs are fixed yet. Watchdogs was a game I wanted to buy day one, but are glad I didn´t and haven´t bought it yet.

Far Cry 4 was a nightmare of bugs and [H] even delayed their review, waiting for Nvidia and Ubisoft to fix their issues:

We have waited this long to do our full performance evaluation on Far Cry 4 for the sole reason that we knew new patches would be coming to fix some of the major bugs and change performance. We have been in deep contact with NVIDIA and Ubisoft on Far Cry 4 issues since the game launched. We have had many back-and-forth communications. This has allowed us to get a ton of information about the bugs to NVIDIA and Ubisoft so they can address these, as well as get information and a deeper understanding on the graphic’s features in this game.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/01/07/far_cry_4_video_card_performance_review/#.VZksD_ntlBc

All games these days are released with bugs, not only crapworks games, but crapworks games are games you can count on having some gamebreaking bugs that makes you regret buying it early at full price. At the moment, I have 483 games on Steam alone, not counting games on Uplay, origin or others. First thing I check when I buy a game on early release or prerelease, is if its a gameworks title or not.

It does. There are crapworks spesific issues in this game and crapwork games in general are clusterfucks of bugs when they are released and a long time afterwards as well.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/repor...rectx-10-when-nvidia-gameworks-are-activated/

I have Assassins Creed Unity (from Asus Rog promo) and I havent even bothered installing it yet, since its crapworks and I need to see if the bugs are fixed yet. Watchdogs was a game I wanted to buy day one, but are glad I didn´t and haven´t bought it yet.

Far Cry 4 was a nightmare of bugs and [H] even delayed their review, waiting for Nvidia and Ubisoft to fix their issues:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/01/07/far_cry_4_video_card_performance_review/#.VZksD_ntlBc

All games these days are released with bugs, not only crapworks games, but crapworks games are games you can count on having some gamebreaking bugs that makes you regret buying it early at full price. At the moment, I have 483 games on Steam alone, not counting games on Uplay, origin or others. First thing I check when I buy a game on early release or prerelease, is if its a gameworks title or not.

Ubisoft isn't the company you point to to prove a point. Unity was fucked across all platforms, it had nothing to do with Gameworks. Ubisoft just doesn't give a shit about the PC platform and puts no real effort into making good ports anymore. Origins was also broken across all platforms due to working off unfinished code from City and the developers only having like 10 or 11 months to develop the entire game. The game could have been fixed but WB decided they would rather focus on DLC than make their game work. In the case of this game according to those insider reports there were several things wrong with the game that WB ignored and Iron Galaxy as not remotely equipped with the manpower, time, or support from WB to get it right.

Witcher 3 is Gameworks and it wasn't a broken mess on release because the developers gave a damn about the PC version. GTAV is Gameworks (technically) and that is an outstanding port.

If you want to say Gameworks is to blame for some performance issues in games there is some merit to that, but no Gameworks is not at fault for broken piece of shit ports like this.

You blame the developer. Batman also had issues on xbone and the Dev chose to outsource PC to a team of 10 people.

I've been playing batman AK maxed with zero issues.

Shit I was playing Deus Ex HR today and it still doesn't run quite right. It's a AMD Gaming Evolved title. I didn't think "fuck you AMD" I blamed the Dev.

Last edited:
Ubisoft isn't the company you point to to prove a point. Unity was fucked across all platforms, it had nothing to do with Gameworks. Ubisoft just doesn't give a shit about the PC platform and puts no real effort into making good ports anymore. Origins was also broken across all platforms due to working off unfinished code from City and the developers only having like 10 or 11 months to develop the entire game. The game could have been fixed but WB decided they would rather focus on DLC than make their game work. In the case of this game according to those insider reports there were several things wrong with the game that WB ignored and Iron Galaxy as not remotely equipped with the manpower, time, or support from WB to get it right.

Witcher 3 is Gameworks and it wasn't a broken mess on release because the developers gave a damn about the PC version. GTAV is Gameworks (technically) and that is an outstanding port.

If you want to say Gameworks is to blame for some performance issues in games there is some merit to that, but no Gameworks is not at fault for broken piece of shit ports like this.

Of course you look to Ubisoft titles as well when it comes to crapworks titles. What you call "Ubisoft just doesn't give a shit about the PC platform and puts no real effort into making good ports anymore" is in fact a "Nvidia and Ubisoft are co-marketing and developing PC ports in order to show off gameworks on PC". Many, if not all, of the crapwork titles from Ubisoft have had an extensive developement support from Nvidia and Nvidia has gone out hard marketing those titles as PC titles. One of my favorite Ubisoft console ports, Southpark - the stick of truth, worked perfectly from day 1.

GTA4 is basically both a gameworks and a gaming evolved title.

On witcher 3, gameworks is fucked up regarding hairworks part of it. Its using a 64X tessellation with a visual effect similar to 8x -> 16X tessellation. Deliberate nerfing or bug, they fucked up hairworks on a major way in this title. Especially for Nvidia users, which cannot set a custom tessellation level like AMD users can. Witcher 3 btw. was actually developed for PC and then stripped down for consoles.

Batman origins, is well as Batman Arkham Knight worked well on consoles compared to PC. Problem is, they have to tack on that crapworks shit while porting due to the co-marketing agreement where Nvidia market them as PC games sporting their crapworks.

You blame the developer. Batman also had issues on xbone and the Dev chose to outsource PC to a team of 10 people.

I've been playing batman AK maxed with zero issues.

Shit I was playing Deus Ex HR today and it still doesn't run quite right. It's a AMD Gaming Evolved title. I didn't think "fuck you AMD" I blamed the Dev.

Deus Ex worked well on both AMD and Nvidia hardware when it launched.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011...n_gameplay_performance_review/12#.VZlHNPntlBc

But please don´t turn it into an AMD vs. Nvidia discussion. I normally have both vendors, so I am more concerned ATM about crapworks being crap regardless of what hardware I have in my machine. I´m tired of having to check if the game have been screwed with crapworks before I choose to buy it, since empirical evidence suggest that the game will be clusterfucked by all the bugs if its a gameworks title.

Deus Ex worked well on both AMD and Nvidia hardware when it launched.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011...n_gameplay_performance_review/12#.VZlHNPntlBc

But please don´t turn it into an AMD vs. Nvidia discussion. I normally have both vendors, so I am more concerned ATM about crapworks being crap regardless of what hardware I have in my machine. I´m tired of having to check if the game have been screwed with crapworks before I choose to buy it, since empirical evidence suggest that the game will be clusterfucked by all the bugs if its a gameworks title.

I wans't turning it into AMD vs nVidia. You are by not blaming the people responsible, the developer.

That's nice you link a [H] article but SLI still works like shit in Deus Ex. I blame the Dev, not because it has AMD Gaming Evolved on it.

You mention FC4. The main issue with that game was SLI/crossfire support. SLI caused dark shadows and CF simply didn't work. Blame Ubisoft.

There's plenty of neutral games like BF4 and such that also sucked. Who do you blame there?

Gameworks is great when it works and in many games like FC4 works just as well on either vendor. Blame the Dev for not waiting an extra month to clean it up. It's there choice to implement it and implement it right.

Of course you look to Ubisoft titles as well when it comes to crapworks titles. What you call "Ubisoft just doesn't give a shit about the PC platform and puts no real effort into making good ports anymore" is in fact a "Nvidia and Ubisoft are co-marketing and developing PC ports in order to show off gameworks on PC". Many, if not all, of the crapwork titles from Ubisoft have had an extensive developement support from Nvidia and Nvidia has gone out hard marketing those titles as PC titles. One of my favorite Ubisoft console ports, Southpark - the stick of truth, worked perfectly from day 1.

GTA4 is basically both a gameworks and a gaming evolved title.

On witcher 3, gameworks is fucked up regarding hairworks part of it. Its using a 64X tessellation with a visual effect similar to 8x -> 16X tessellation. Deliberate nerfing or bug, they fucked up hairworks on a major way in this title. Especially for Nvidia users, which cannot set a custom tessellation level like AMD users can. Witcher 3 btw. was actually developed for PC and then stripped down for consoles.

Batman origins, is well as Batman Arkham Knight worked well on consoles compared to PC. Problem is, they have to tack on that crapworks shit while porting due to the co-marketing agreement where Nvidia market them as PC games sporting their crapworks.

Bugs are entirely the fault of the developer who made the game and the publisher that decided to release it. If Gameworks caused so many bugs you know damn well AMD would jump all over that and use it to make themselves look better. Yet AMD only talks about performance when mentioning Gameworks.

Nvidia lays claim to GTAV and AMD flatout says it isn't Gaming Evolved so that's why I say it's technically Gameworks.

I wans't turning it into AMD vs nVidia. You are by not blaming the people responsible, the developer.

That's nice you link a [H] article but SLI still works like shit in Deus Ex. I blame the Dev, not because it has AMD Gaming Evolved on it.

You mention FC4. The main issue with that game was SLI/crossfire support. SLI caused dark shadows and CF simply didn't work. Blame Ubisoft.

There's plenty of neutral games like BF4 and such that also sucked. Who do you blame there?

Gameworks is great when it works and in many games like FC4 works just as well on either vendor. Blame the Dev for not waiting an extra month to clean it up. It's there choice to implement it and implement it right.

The people responsible for this crappy console port is Rocksteady/WB + Nvidia for their developement/co-developement of this game including crapworks and iron galaxy studios for doing this port. Iron galaxy had little time to do the port and in that little time they had to tack on crapworks features. WB and Nvidia is co-developing and co-marketing this game in its form as a PC game. Both are selling this game, WB through game vendors and Nvidia as bundles with their cards.

SLI/Crossfire issues is a whole different chapter. I dont blame the developer for not having 3D vision/Tridef or Oculus rift support (yes, I have all three). Its not something I expect as a basic game support that I can demand from game developers and the same case is with SLI/Crossfire support.

You misunderstand completely when you start comparing AMDs Gaming evolved with my complaints about gameworks. Nvidias equalent to Gaming evolved is TWIMTBP, not gameworks.

If you should have a point there, it should be a complaint about AMDs TressFX in Tomb Raider where Nvidia got the new source code late from the developer and couldnt optimize for the feature there before launch.

Gameworks is inherently trash. Selected developers gains access to the source code, but with strict restrictions. Others gets it in a compiled form with no access to the source code. When both game developers and hardware vendors have problems optimizing a feature, the feature is trash. Due to the performance impact it has vs. visual quality you get when you have the features on, it seems people choose to turn it off. 64x tessellation and 4xAA on
Geralds hair with hairworks with no option to turn it down if you are an Nvidia user? Since the performance hit is so high, its not an option either for the average gamer. I think most in this thread would agree that they wouldnt miss crapworks much if it ment the developers could use the time and resources to get the game running properly instead. TressFX would be a better option for Geralds hair for both AMD and Nvidia users.

I think most in this thread would agree that they wouldnt miss crapworks much if it ment the developers could use the time and resources to get the game running properly instead.

I think most here would rather talk about the game than your hatred of Gameworks spamming up the thread. We get it, you've got an axe to grind, point made, move on.

With the small patch they put out, it's made the game playable for me with all the options turned on, and while it does max out one of my cards, the framerates are good enough for me to play the game and enjoy the story. And it looks great.

Finished first playthrough last night with 49 hours logged. Managed everything 100% except the Riddler stuff which I had around 73% just from what I found while running around and not trying to track down anything extra. I still don't see me trying for all 243 things. I'm just not that obsessive.

Might actually start a NG+ to see what they added for that if anything, then go back to TW3 or my current GTA5 game. The gameplay, while nothing revolutionary, and the Batmobile feeling like a greased pig on the roads, don't ruin what ends up being a great story by the end. Would love to see this put out as a book.

It is funny how the Batmobile feels like crap. I'm constantly amazed how armored APCs which aren't designed for speed or handling make the batmobile their bitch.

Bugs are entirely the fault of the developer who made the game and the publisher that decided to release it. If Gameworks caused so many bugs you know damn well AMD would jump all over that and use it to make themselves look better. Yet AMD only talks about performance when mentioning Gameworks.

Nvidia lays claim to GTAV and AMD flatout says it isn't Gaming Evolved so that's why I say it's technically Gameworks.

Apples and oranges. GTAV is a game that has both AMD and Nvidia features. Its not a part of Nvidias TWIMTBP program and Nvidia has never claimed it to be so.

Bugs is not entirely the fault of the developer. Bugs can be caused by issues outside of the developers control. Implementing crapworks is a major fault of the developer. I mean, come on, don´t you think that 64X tessellation with 4X aa on hair in hairworks (witcher 3) is a piece of crap implementation on hair? How poorly optimized is that for my GTX 980? We should have a toothless latin guy on youtube discussing that decision ...

AMD (you too making this about AMD?) could jump on the train about the crapworks titles being full of bugs without anything else to back them up then list current gameworks titles that Nvidia has promoted as no less then PC games. That they don´t doesnt mean that gameworks titles isnt full of bugs. AMD talks about performance because normally a graphics vendor gets source code for optimizing before the game is launched. You might remember Nvidia complaining about their TressFX performance being less then stellar because they got the source code so late before launch? How about not getting the full source code at all? Valid complaint?

To bring this back to topic: Batman Arkham Knight is just another game in a list of crapworks ports thats gone to hell and we must wait until its fixed before we can play it properly on PC.

I think most here would rather talk about the game than your hatred of Gameworks spamming up the thread. We get it, you've got an axe to grind, point made, move on.

With the small patch they put out, it's made the game playable for me with all the options turned on, and while it does max out one of my cards, the framerates are good enough for me to play the game and enjoy the story. And it looks great.

Finished first playthrough last night with 49 hours logged. Managed everything 100% except the Riddler stuff which I had around 73% just from what I found while running around and not trying to track down anything extra. I still don't see me trying for all 243 things. I'm just not that obsessive.

Might actually start a NG+ to see what they added for that if anything, then go back to TW3 or my current GTA5 game. The gameplay, while nothing revolutionary, and the Batmobile feeling like a greased pig on the roads, don't ruin what ends up being a great story by the end. Would love to see this put out as a book.

So would I. I had originally said my point of view in the first post, but had to answer the replies to it.

Did anyone try this title in stereoscopic 3D? I get some mixed reports on the internet and my card arrives tomorrow. Haven´t decided yet if I want to redeem the game (got the code by email after purchase) or give it away. Batman AA and AC worked very well in 3D and added much to the experience. I spent more time enjoying AC in 3D then to play the game I think, so that would definetly be a deciding factor. :p

Last edited:
Apples and oranges. GTAV is a game that has both AMD and Nvidia features. Its not a part of Nvidias TWIMTBP program and Nvidia has never claimed it to be so.

Bugs is not entirely the fault of the developer. Bugs can be caused by issues outside of the developers control. Implementing crapworks is a major fault of the developer. I mean, come on, don´t you think that 64X tessellation with 4X aa on hair in hairworks (witcher 3) is a piece of crap implementation on hair? How poorly optimized is that for my GTX 980? We should have a toothless latin guy on youtube discussing that decision ...

AMD (you too making this about AMD?) could jump on the train about the crapworks titles being full of bugs without anything else to back them up then list current gameworks titles that Nvidia has promoted as no less then PC games. That they don´t doesnt mean that gameworks titles isnt full of bugs. AMD talks about performance because normally a graphics vendor gets source code for optimizing before the game is launched. You might remember Nvidia complaining about their TressFX performance being less then stellar because they got the source code so late before launch? How about not getting the full source code at all? Valid complaint?

To bring this back to topic: Batman Arkham Knight is just another game in a list of crapworks ports thats gone to hell and we must wait until its fixed before we can play it properly on PC.

So would I. I had originally said my point of view in the first post, but had to answer the replies to it.

Did anyone try this title in stereoscopic 3D? I get some mixed reports on the internet and my card arrives tomorrow. Haven´t decided yet if I want to redeem the game (got the code by email after purchase) or give it away. Batman AA and AC worked very well in 3D and added much to the experience. I spent more time enjoying AC in 3D then to play the game I think, so that would definetly be a deciding factor. :p

The way I look at it is pretty simple: If a game releases with major issues it's the fault of the people who released it in such a state. If Gameworks couldn't be properly implemented in AK in the time they had WB should have delayed the PC release or delayed the implementation of Gamework's features.

Like I said there is a discussion to be had about Gamework's causing performance issues but causing messes like this and Unity? I'd put that more on the heads of the developers and publishers releasing a game that was clearly unfinished and not ready for consumers. Some part of Gameworks might be at fault for some performance issues, but no way is it the root cause of this big of an issue. Even if it were the root cause it's still on the heads of the people that made the choice to release the game in such a state because they considered it "good enough".

I brought up AMD simply due to their (valid) issues with Gameworks and them loving to talk about it. If Gameworks were the root cause of Unity, Origins, and this they'd be all over it. It would be good for their PR and it would get people talking. I wasn't trying to make it out to be a bad thing, it's just that both companies like pointing out each other's flaws to make themselves look good.

From what I understand 3D Vision isn't recommended for AK. I haven't paid much attention to 3D Vision in a few years is Nvidia still actively supporting it and updating the supported titles list?

The way I look at it is pretty simple: If a game releases with major issues it's the fault of the people who released it in such a state. If Gameworks couldn't be properly implemented in AK in the time they had WB should have delayed the PC release or delayed the implementation of Gamework's features.

Like I said there is a discussion to be had about Gamework's causing performance issues but causing messes like this and Unity? I'd put that more on the heads of the developers and publishers releasing a game that was clearly unfinished and not ready for consumers. Some part of Gameworks might be at fault for some performance issues, but no way is it the root cause of this big of an issue. Even if it were the root cause it's still on the heads of the people that made the choice to release the game in such a state because they considered it "good enough".

I brought up AMD simply due to their (valid) issues with Gameworks and them loving to talk about it. If Gameworks were the root cause of Unity, Origins, and this they'd be all over it. It would be good for their PR and it would get people talking. I wasn't trying to make it out to be a bad thing, it's just that both companies like pointing out each other's flaws to make themselves look good.

From what I understand 3D Vision isn't recommended for AK. I haven't paid much attention to 3D Vision in a few years is Nvidia still actively supporting it and updating the supported titles list?

Yeah, lets agree to disagree. :)

Nvidia is still actively supporting 3D vision and are adding to the profiles. Batman A Knight profile was set as not recommended (with the same driver as the thread below uses), but a thread on steam forums says otherwise:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046879516302/

Tridef also have a profile in their forums, which I can use otherwise. But sadly no good impressions about how well it works (crosstalk, shadow artifacts or 2D elements interferring etc), only the performance hit and that it looks beautiful. If someone would have a chance to try this game in either 3D vision or Tridef, I would appreciate it. :)

Yeah, lets agree to disagree. :)

Nvidia is still actively supporting 3D vision and are adding to the profiles. Batman A Knight profile was set as not recommended (with the same driver as the thread below uses), but a thread on steam forums says otherwise:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046879516302/

Tridef also have a profile in their forums, which I can use otherwise. But sadly no good impressions about how well it works (crosstalk, shadow artifacts or 2D elements interferring etc), only the performance hit and that it looks beautiful. If someone would have a chance to try this game in either 3D vision or Tridef, I would appreciate it. :)

Good to know. I should be getting a 980 next week and I've been debating on grabbing a 144hz g-sync monitor and those work with 3D vision as well so I'd probably talk myself into getting a 3D Vision kit at some point. I really liked it when I used it a few years ago (I think not long after City came out was when I got rid of the monitor).

Good to know. I should be getting a 980 next week and I've been debating on grabbing a 144hz g-sync monitor and those work with 3D vision as well so I'd probably talk myself into getting a 3D Vision kit at some point. I really liked it when I used it a few years ago (I think not long after City came out was when I got rid of the monitor).

You should get one. Theres a lot of games I prefer without stereoscopic 3d due to comfort, but some games are a lot more enjoyable in stereo3D. AC gives you a whole new feeling when you navigate on rooftops and look down. Its like another game. Even in some old games, like the top-down game Titan Quest, is stereo3D a whole new type of game.

You probably used the 3D vision 1 set. 3D vision 2 reduces the feeling of sitting with sunglasses on greatly and makes the 3D experience more enjoyable.

If the steam thread is true and the game is patched for a better 3d experience, the scenery in AK should be more interesting then AC in stereoscopic 3D. :)

Game runs great with maxed out settings @ 1080p on a 980 here. Only the occasional hitch that happens when you call in the batmobile due to them not implementing texture streaming properly for the PC release.

Say what you want but the gameworks effects make the game look better. The rain effect in particular is stunning.

I thought Witcher 3 looks incredible but this game tops it graphically in many areas.

The gameplay is the best out of all four games IMO, although I had to restart and set the difficulty to the hardest mode because I found it to be a little easy at times, and cranking up the difficulty lets the enemies use more features to combat you sooner.

It's a shame this game has the texture streaming issues for folks because it's an incredible game once that technical issue is resolved.

And again, it is not the gameworks effects causing these hitching issues. You can turn off all the gameworks effects and still get the hitching due to the poor texture streaming done here. The issue is that you've got very expensive textured objects like the batmobile that pop into view and then causes the entire game to halt to load up the textures, rather then doing what UE3 normally does and just stream them.

Iron galaxy had little time to do the port and in that little time they had to tack on crapworks features...

Fun fact, Iron Galaxy started out as an iOS game developer. Don't forget AK was QA'd at 1280 by 7 fucking 20 on what I'm assuming are APU/Iris Pro laptops or nVIDIA equipped MacBooks running BootCamp? Why else would you need to play at such a low resolution?

As for "crapworks" as everyone is putting it, I don't see AMD doing even a fraction of a fraction of what nVIDIA does trying to improve cross platform games - and I understand why they lock it to their hardware, they spend the money to do so, why would they give their competition a free lunch? Yes, it's not great for the ecosystem, but it's protecting their investment. People forget that this is an industry - a business.

There is also a reason why they have the majority of marketshare, despite their competitor being in all the major consoles. More often than not, their drivers have been traditionally much more solid, and have just "worked." Every time I've bought an ATi card I have always regretted it. The same goes for most people that buy nVIDIA only.

Issues in implementation lie with the developer putting them in poorly, not a GPU company.

Ubisoft isn't the company you point to to prove a point. Unity was fucked across all platforms, it had nothing to do with Gameworks. Ubisoft just doesn't give a shit about the PC platform and puts no real effort into making good ports anymore.

Don't agree with this at all. I played Unity w/o any issue and to this date no game looks as good as it. They aren't the best PC porters in the industry but they do put effort into them. And still support the PC. Just cause a bunch of kids cant run next gen games with there 770 cards or less doesn't mean the game is a bad PC port. This happens every generation. New demanding games come.. People cry port or unoptimized cause they don't want to update there hardware.

Every game people have cried about I have ran w/o any issue. Starting to think its more of a user error then game error.

Don't agree with this at all. I played Unity w/o any issue and to this date no game looks as good as it. They aren't the best PC porters in the industry but they do put effort into them. And still support the PC. Just cause a bunch of kids cant run next gen games with there 770 cards or less doesn't mean the game is a bad PC port. This happens every generation. New demanding games come.. People cry port or unoptimized cause they don't want to update there hardware.

Every game people have cried about I have ran w/o any issue. Starting to think its more of a user error then game error.

Ah yes the old "I can run it so everyone else is doing some wrong" argument. The moment you make that argument I want nothing to do with the discussion.

Ah yes the old "I can run it so everyone else is doing some wrong" argument. The moment you make that argument I want nothing to do with the discussion.

It does make you wonder though....with it being said its so broken....why some people can play it pretty much flawlessly....

It does make you wonder though....with it being said its so broken....why some people can play it pretty much flawlessly....

That's the nature of PCs. Batman: AK runs fine for me yet horribly for many others. With literally millions of configurations software is never going to run the same across the board. Any combination of things could cause it to run well or run poorly. That's also why sometimes even great PC games that are generally considered free of major bugs simply don't work properly on some systems where it theoretically should.

That's a myth.
It's a result of people going onto internet forums and speculating about their own performance. Some guy says the game runs fine and he gets 60fps constant -- nope, turn on an FPS counter and it's actually 40. Meanwhile another guy complains the game runs like shit because he gets 40fps.

It's a mixture of idiots not knowing how to properly gauge performance, and others who want to brag about their flawless rig on the internet by making shit up.

Non-scientific data, people. Just ignore it. "It runs great for some and terrible for others" doesn't exist. There are too many factors at play to simply blame this issue on the game itself.

Reminds me when Dying Light first came out, half the community insisted the game ran at 60+ FPS constant and the other half were around 30. You know why? The people getting high frame rates didn't leave the tutorial zone yet. :rolleyes:

Well finally finished Witcher 3. Was hoping this game would be good to go by then, but seems that's not the case. Especially for multi-gpu systems. Ah well, to the backlog.

Back