Batman: Arkham Knight

was there a new patch or something today? performance has been generally poor, but the games been stable. now all of the sudden the game is constantly crashing.

*4 files failed to verify. now ive got a 5gb download.

Last edited:
The fact that you have to complete the Riddler Challenges really pisses me off. I only completed them entirely in AA but skipped most of them entirely with AC & AO (hated the game though & didn't complete it anyways).

I'll be done with TW3 soon & I'll start this one. I'm really looking forward to it despite the issues.

everyone was gushing about the game for the first 50 pages...now it's all downhill...the complaints about the riddler trophies and all the extra mission shenanigans are strange...all the previous Arkham games had it as well...it's like people complaining that Assassin's Creed: Unity has too many chests to find or viewpoints to unlock...it's part of the series for better or worse and fully optional...I want to play Arkham Knight because I'm a huge fan of the Batman mythology and Rocksteady has also shown a great deal of respect for the source material and the Batman story in general

There will always be complaints for any game, no matter how universally praised it might be. For me this is my GOTY so far.

To clarify about the Riddler challenges, you can still beat the game without them. You just get a slightly shorter ending that in no way subtracts from the game. Watch it on YouTube if you can't be bothered with the Riddler stuff.

There will always be complaints for any game, no matter how universally praised it might be. For me this is my GOTY so far.

To clarify about the Riddler challenges, you can still beat the game without them. You just get a slightly shorter ending that in no way subtracts from the game. Watch it on YouTube if you can't be bothered with the Riddler stuff.

If all you care about is the main main plot you don't have to do most of the Most Wanted missions outside of the few that take place during the main missions. Though I'd argue that you want to do at least a handful of them if only for the upgrade points.

PC gamers are the kings of complaining.

lol There's some truth there.. but let's not generalize the PC community.

back on topic: The riddle is a little annoying and never bothered from previous Batman games. This one is a little different and I dont mind doing some of them but no intention of completing all of them. I'm already 21% and I'm waiting for the big patch to iron out the graphics so I can fully enjoy the game to it's full potential.

The trophies that are associated with games is fun for me, but its the trophies that are just scattered around the map in random places is what ticks me off and more then half of the riddles are these hide in seek types.

From what sources tell Kotaku, however, this shouldn’t have been a surprise for Warner Bros.

“I will say that it’s pretty rich for WB to act like they had no idea the game was in such a horrible state,” said one quality assurance tester who worked on the game for years. “It’s been like this for months and all the problems we see now were the exact same, unchanged, almost a year ago.”

Two sources, requesting anonymity to avoid jeopardizing their careers, spoke with Kotaku over the past week in hopes of explaining how the broken PC version of Arkham Knight made it out the door. They both said that Warner Bros. was aware of the many issues facing Arkham Knight on PC and that the publisher chose to ship the game regardless, not to maniacally screw over customers—but because they believed it was good enough.

Way to go WB u know about the problem yet u pushed the button to say ok release the game and then they get upset when we dont accept this kind of unoptimized piece of garbage game....

You know after ...
rescuing Catwoman, he says solve all my puzzles and only then will I face you in his exoskeleton robot. The only thought in my head was congratulations Riddler you finally made something that is so tedious that this Batman will let you go. :D

From what sources tell Kotaku, however, this shouldn’t have been a surprise for Warner Bros.

“I will say that it’s pretty rich for WB to act like they had no idea the game was in such a horrible state,” said one quality assurance tester who worked on the game for years. “It’s been like this for months and all the problems we see now were the exact same, unchanged, almost a year ago.”

Two sources, requesting anonymity to avoid jeopardizing their careers, spoke with Kotaku over the past week in hopes of explaining how the broken PC version of Arkham Knight made it out the door. They both said that Warner Bros. was aware of the many issues facing Arkham Knight on PC and that the publisher chose to ship the game regardless, not to maniacally screw over customers—but because they believed it was good enough.

If that's true it doesn't surprise me. The buck ultimately had to stop with them one way or the other.

You know after ...
rescuing Catwoman, he says solve all my puzzles and only then will I face you in his exoskeleton robot. The only thought in my head was congratulations Riddler you finally made something that is so tedious that this Batman will let you go. :D

Yeah. I actually chuckled at Catwoman's comment about just leaving him down there. I can just picture Riddler down there weeks later going "Batman are you going to come fight me yet? Batman? Batman? What the hell!?"

I want to complete AK to 100% and see the ending for myself...apparently it's the canon or 'real' ending of the game...normally in games I like to do a whole bunch of side quests and item collection stuff but I don't need to get 100% completion...if I get bored of it and it starts to get tedious (like in AC: Unity) I just ignore them and stick to the main story...the difference with Assassin's Creed and Arkham is that there are tons more tedious missions in AC

Two sources, requesting anonymity to avoid jeopardizing their careers, spoke with Kotaku over the past week in hopes of explaining how the broken PC version of Arkham Knight made it out the door. They both said that Warner Bros. was aware of the many issues facing Arkham Knight on PC and that the publisher chose to ship the game regardless, not to maniacally screw over customers—but because they believed it was good enough..

those statements contradict themselves...if the anonymous source is correct then WB knew the game had major issues...but then the last sentence states that WB believed the game was in good enough shape to ship...not to mention that if the game had the exact same issues 1 year ago then what were they doing for the past year...again I go back to PS4 being the only platform they cared about (which is surprising considering Rocksteady's history)

those statements contradict themselves...if the anonymous source is correct then WB knew the game had major issues...but then the last sentence states that WB believed the game was in good enough shape to ship...not to mention that if the game had the exact same issue 1 year ago then what were they doing for the past year...again I go back to PS4 being the only platform they cared about

Well Sony was paying them a lot of money to care about the PS4 version. I'm sure the Scarcrow stuff and other thing cost Sony several million dollars, not to mention the cost of co-marketing.

those statements contradict themselves...if the anonymous source is correct then WB knew the game had major issues...but then the last sentence states that WB believed the game was in good enough shape to ship...not to mention that if the game had the exact same issues 1 year ago then what were they doing for the past year...again I go back to PS4 being the only platform they cared about

Maybe they were indeed so clueless regarding PC gamers that they knew the game had major issues but hoped that we were salivating so hard for another Arkham game that we wouldn't care. Or maybe they didn't count on PC sales being what they are/were.

I do have to wonder how Steam refunds will change things going forward. I think that Wabe was right in that it could certainly be an incentive to make sure you're selling a decent product, but it could also make them abandon the PC market, or at least abandon Steam and release games via other channels that do not offer refunds (if they are willing to forego the sales that the largest digital distribution service would generate). EA has done so...now I wonder about Ubisoft and other studios.

As far as I'm aware, you can't get a full refund on an opened console game, so this is a tremendous advantage that we have but I hope it doesn't put anyone off who would otherwise give us good games. If it only drives away studios that intend to release crap on Steam and make us pay for it, oh well.

Well Sony was paying them a lot of money to care about the PS4 version. I'm sure the Scarcrow stuff and other thing cost Sony several million dollars, not to mention the cost of co-marketing.

Sony paying a lot of $$ for a few exclusive missions and skins (which is timed to end in September) doesn't make good business sense...if they wanted the game so badly they should have just gone all the way and made it a PS4 exclusive...it would have been another Rise of the Tomb Raider PR disaster but it would have been better then this

Sony paying a lot of $$ for a few exclusive missions and skins (which is timed to end in September) doesn't make good business sense...if they wanted the game so badly they should have just gone all the way and made it a PS4 exclusive...it would have been another Rise of the Tomb Raider PR disaster but it would have been better then this

Timed exclusive bullshit content seems to be Sony's entire MO for this year. So much of their E3 conference was "first on PS4" or "exclusive content on PS4" or "DLC first on PS4". They're riding on that to make up for the complete lack of any notable exclusive titles on the system this year.

We're in the multi-platform era. Exclusives in one form or another are a big differentiator when the consoles are competitive and the PC version always runs the risk of being busted.
Not saying you have to like it, but it's one of those things you might as well get used to.

From what sources tell Kotaku, however, this shouldn’t have been a surprise for Warner Bros

some more interesting quotes from that article...

"Getting it to work on consoles was impossible for months," Kotaku's QA source said. "That's part of why the game got delayed so many times, they were totally unprepared for how hard it was on next-gen consoles."

They added, "We reported literally thousands of bugs that were specific to the PC version relating to the frame rate. All sorts of fucked up texture issues. The Batmobile in particular has always fucked things up on PC."

after reading the latest news from that anonymous source there can't be anyone who still thinks Rocksteady doesn't share a lot of blame for this mess...

"of roughly 100 QA testers, only 10 were assigned to report on the PC port"

"Another source close to the project said that bug-checking was done at 720p resolutions, so it performed better than when it's played on the higher resolutions most players set it to"

Last edited:
As a PC gamer, I think we have to have realistic expectations. Some people expect a crazy special edition that should have millions of extra features compared to the consoles on day 1. This is of course for $10 less than the console versions and knowing that it will be 1/2 off on Steam in just a few months, too. All the while knowing it won't sell 1/2 as many as either console. IMO, that's just being unrealistic.

At the same time, we should expect something that more or less works like a final product right away. Support for different control schemes, resolutions, display functions, and basic detail settings should be a minimum requirement. We all know that some things won't be perfect on all hardware, so some basic support patches should be expected as well. When a dev screws the pooch on those things, then there is room to be pissed off.

what happened to the latest gen of consoles sharing the same basic architecture as PC's making ports easier and of higher quality???...people were also claiming how AMD would have a huge advantage over Nvidia due to both consoles using AMD graphics cards...PC games are buggier then ever and Nvidia cards usually fair much better off in most games

now DX12 is rumored to be the next great equalizer where everything will magically get better...

I really don't know how anyone could say the Batmobile feels "tacked on." It's literally woven directly into every part of the gameplay and story as well. I mean it's as integrated as it could ever possibly be, in many cases in extremely thoughtful and original ways.

Now whether you enjoyed it or not is another thing entirely, but calling it tacked on is a gross overstatement IMO.

Agreed. I really liked what they did with it.

I didn't feel like it was tacked on, but it definitely had the same sort of stupidly arbitrary convenience that all of the gadgets of past games had. Oh no, I can't get over this obstacle, good thing there is a random ring attached to the roof that the batmobile can grapple to create a ramp. It was the same with most of the gadgets. Oh no, I can't get across the gap, oh now I have a line launcher to let me walk across it. Oh no, I can't get this door open, good thing I just picked up a electric charge gun to let me charge this generator.

So while I didn't think it was tacked on as an afterthought, it seemed just as unnecessary as all of the other gadgets in the game.

Well, you pretty much described the whole "Metroidvania" concept of areas being locked off by arbitrary "gadgets" (like the various suits in Metroid.)

I didn't feel like it was tacked on, but it definitely had the same sort of stupidly arbitrary convenience that all of the gadgets of past games had. Oh no, I can't get over this obstacle, good thing there is a random ring attached to the roof that the batmobile can grapple to create a ramp. It was the same with most of the gadgets. Oh no, I can't get across the gap, oh now I have a line launcher to let me walk across it. Oh no, I can't get this door open, good thing I just picked up a electric charge gun to let me charge this generator.

So while I didn't think it was tacked on as an afterthought, it seemed just as unnecessary as all of the other gadgets in the game.

Kind of defeats the purpose of the whole concept of fun, if the batmobile didn't do all those things, or if the gadgets weren't snazzy, doesn't it? May as well just not have any vehicles, gadgets, a suit, etc.

Big fan of the batmobile, should have been available in City imo.

WTF? I thought this game was in development for several years. So how in the heck can they hand over to Iron Galaxy within 8 weeks before release?

Too much shit just doesn't make any sense. No sense why they didn't do it in house, no sense why they did the PC port last minute. No sense why they took our money knowing the state of the game.

Bunch of retards. Just look how how many copies of PC version of GTA V, millions! Hey WB, Rocksteady, EA, and every other shit companies out there, look at how successful a PC port can be if you just take your time and do it right. Motha fuckas!

WTF? I thought this game was in development for several years. So how in the heck can they hand over to Iron Galaxy within 8 weeks before release?

Too much shit just doesn't make any sense. No sense why they didn't do it in house, no sense why they did the PC port last minute. No sense why they took our money knowing the state of the game.

Bunch of retards. Just look how how many copies of PC version of GTA V, millions! Hey WB, Rocksteady, EA, and every other shit companies out there, look at how successful a PC port can be if you just take your time and do it right. Motha fuckas!

EA's ports are usually pretty good actually. The last bad one I can think of off the top of my head was Mass Effect 1.

673.gif

any news on patch? i've been playing previous batman games while waiting on it.
just finished AA and it's still awesome game

The horse is not dead (yet). The SLi bug is still there, my 980s are still running with 60% utilization with the latest patch and driver. The game lags and stutters like hell.

I think someone else here tried manually setting PhysX to one of the two cards in SLi, with pretty good results?

I think someone else here tried manually setting PhysX to one of the two cards in SLi, with pretty good results?
This is what Rocksteady recommends for the time being. Getting SLI and Crossfire working is on their master list of major things to add and fix in the game.

I have tried everything they suggested and nothing solve the SLi bug: setting the PhysX to run on 1 card doesn't do anything good, disabling SLi and dedicated 1 card to PhysX resolves the stuttering issue but the fps is low (30-40ish) due to the lack of GPU horsepower @2160p.

Last edited:
Back