Batman: Arkham Knight

Calm down.

I know the "HURR WB SUXX" and "ITZ ALL GAMEWERKZ FAULT" circlejerk is really fun but with a few tweaks the game is actually playing for some of us. I know, shocking.

I get that but the missing visuals are unacceptable. Until they resolve those problems I won't be purchasing/playing this game.

Calm down.

I know the "HURR WB SUXX" and "ITZ ALL GAMEWERKZ FAULT" circlejerk is really fun but with a few tweaks the game is actually playing for some of us. I know, shocking.

I can see why people are complaining though, the problems are so disruptive and numerous that the game clearly wasn't ready to launch.

Personally I run my own business and am doing up a house and get maybe a few hours a week to play games, relax and unwind - I've already blown most of that free time on trying to get the thing to run, might get a chance to play it one day next week.

Just updating the thread on my GMG refund. I was issued the refund by GMG, got home, launched Steam and the game is still there and it launches. Steam might render the key invalid at a later date but for right now the game is still in my library.

the question is why would anyone want to play the game in its current condition??...even those lucky people that aren't experiencing too many problems should wait...everyone involved from WB to Rocksteady to Nvidia have stated that the game is currently not in its optimal state (missing graphical features, frame rate issues etc) so why not wait a few weeks and play it the 'way it was meant to be played'...sure you can play it a 2nd time but there's nothing like experiencing a game during a 1st playthrough

It doesn't run perfectly for me, I've stated such in prior posts, but by no means is my game experience brought down by the problems that other people are having. Seems ridiculous, envious, even, to suggest for others who aren't having game-breaking problems to wait.

It doesn't run perfectly for me, I've stated such in prior posts, but by no means is my game experience brought down by the problems that other people are having. Seems ridiculous, envious, even, to suggest for others who aren't having game-breaking problems to wait.

it's not so much about performance...it's confirmed that the PC version is missing key graphical features (AO, AF, DoF etc)...I want all the eye candy enabled before playing the 1st time

it's not so much about performance...it's confirmed that the PC version is missing key graphical features (AO, AF, DoF etc)...I want all the eye candy enabled before playing the 1st time

For me it isn't just that. As far as I'm concerned the PC version is incomplete without these things being present. I will not pay $50+ for unfinished and incomplete shit. I've been burned by too many games to tolerate that anymore. I'm a huge fan of the series and despite that, I won't buy this game until its fixed.

For me it isn't just that. As far as I'm concerned the PC version is incomplete without these things being present. I will not pay $50+ for unfinished and incomplete shit. I've been burned by too many games to tolerate that anymore. I'm a huge fan of the series and despite that, I won't buy this game until its fixed.

I can deal with performance issues versus missing graphical features...I'm fine with less then 60fps...I'm sure Rocksteady will get the graphics features put back in the game since it's currently included in the PS4 version...if it means frame rates in the 30's or 40's I can deal with that...waiting a week to play is no big deal knowing that the experience will be a much better one...immersion is a big part of gaming for me

Personally, I think there's no excuse for a game like this not trouncing the console versions handily on moderate hardware. High end setups should be able to max out a game like this and still pull 60+ FPS at 1080p.
The engine isn't exactly leaps and bounds beyond the last two games. Performance shouldn't be any more than 25% different either.
I'm not asking for or demanding anything different than what the PS4 has. A decent PC should be able to trample that version of the game. If it can't - the dev is slacking.
Unity was full-on busted across the board. This game works fine if not wonderfully on the consoles.

if only you followed your own advice...constantly preaching to people on forums about your circle jerk/reddit sermons...I'm going to save your quote and repost it when you do your usual preaching posts (which is 98% of your posts)

So very much this, and I'm glad someone said it.

This turned into a cluster fuck of a PC launch. People have every right to complain, and they're completely warranted.

That said, I have no doubts that they'll fix things in the next week or two.

there is a stunning game underneath all the PC performance issues which is the frustrating part...the PS4 reviews are all amazing with nearly perfect scores...as a fan of Rocksteady's previous Arkham games this is very disappointing...something got majorly screwed up along the assembly line...Rocksteady--->Iron Galaxy--->Nvidia

Glad to see that retailers (ie. Steam & GMG) have pulled this from their stores until Rocksteady gets their shit together.

Glad I am enjoying the game :). Some performance issues here and there but the story has me by the balls so I have to continue playing. Dammit.

if Rocksteady didn't want to put the effort into making this a great PC port then they should have just made it a PS4 exclusive...everything points to the PS4 being the main platform with all the exclusive DLC etc...plus as it is now the PS4 version looks better then the PC

Just updating the thread on my GMG refund. I was issued the refund by GMG, got home, launched Steam and the game is still there and it launches. Steam might render the key invalid at a later date but for right now the game is still in my library.

Maybe there's a batch revoke that happens - interesting, thanks for the data.

if Rocksteady didn't want to put the effort into making this a great PC port then they should have just made it a PS4 exclusive...everything points to the PS4 being the main platform with all the exclusive DLC etc...plus as it is now the PS4 version looks better then the PC

Or convinced Sony to pony up for a timed exclusive, like a month or so before it released on other platforms. That extra time could have been used wisely.

It's a damn shame they let this happen to the PC port, because now it's going to turn so many people away (who don't have a PS4/Xbone) who will likely either never play it again or always have a negative view on it because of this port crap.

The game itself is fan-fucking-tastic. Easily the best of the Arkham games yet. It's just so damn epic.

I did the same thing. You're going to immediately notice two things... how much better the game looks and how laggy the game feels running at 30fps.

in the long run the PC version will probably look and play better...there are no impressive Nvidia smoke and advanced rain effects in the PS4 version...plus I'm sure Rocksteady will be making some or all DLC free on PC as an apology...it's frustrating but waiting a week or 2 might be worth it

I did the same thing. You're going to immediately notice two things... how much better the game looks and how laggy the game feels running at 30fps.

Damn. What is the lessor of the two evils? I have a pretty nice Samsung Un55es8000TV that has very low controller lag at 240 hz. It feels like it runs at 120 fps with Automotion plus enabled. Bloodborne looked and played flawlessly.

Last edited:
in the long run the PC version will probably look and play better...there are no impressive Nvidia smoke and advanced rain effects in the PS4 version...plus I'm sure Rocksteady will be making some or all DLC free on PC as an apology...it's frustrating but waiting a week or 2 might be worth it

Not entirely true, the rain effects are there on the PS4. Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/_BcV6LWVDaw

Damn. What is the lessor of the two evils? I have a pretty nice Samsung Un55es8000TV that has very low controller lag at 240 hz. It feels like it runs at 120 fps with Automotion plus enabled. Bloodborne looked and played flawlessly.

Bloodborne is a great game. You'll get used to the controls for B:AK pretty quickly so don't sweat it. So far the story is really good.

This rabbit hole goes deeper.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac..._up_footage_of_arkham_knight_gameplay/csiunro

Guys, it was posted earlier from one of the developers Twitter account (since deleted). If it is believed to be true, the Tweet stated that apparently the studio behind this game intentionally reduced the framerate, limited the graphic options, due to a contractual obligation they had to both console makers. As in, reducing the PC quality at launch in exchange for more money from the console companies.

Can somebody find the tweet and information that confirmed this, and link it in this thread?

Somehow I doubt that...see below.

if that's true (and I doubt it) then the question again becomes why didn't Rocksteady just make this a timed or outright exclusive for PS4...this intentional sabotage stuff makes zero sense...a timed exclusive would get muss less grief then an outright bad PC port

Not only that, but given the fact that Sony and Microsoft know the market statistics and that just about any multiplatform game is going to vastly outsell the PC version in favor of the consoles, the lion's share was going to Sony/MS anyway and the PC sales were likely going to be small potatoes in comparison. Sure, it was going to sell well on PC, but the consoles will probably outsell it by a ratio of 3-5 to 1, if not more. Just doesn't seem worth paying money to ensure the PC version is gimped.

Ah, the ol' tinfoil hats are out again.

the rain effects on PS4 are nice but on PC in the graphics settings there are Nvidia GameWorks features and one of them is Enhanced Rain (along with Enhanced Light Shafts) so once they fix the game I'm sure it'll look better then PS4

In a perfect world the PC version of a game would be hands down superior to any console but unfortunately companies like Ubisoft, EA and now Warner Brothers have shown time and time again that to them PC gaming is an after thought. What I'm seeing is that the current version of B:AK for PC runs poorly with a lot of graphical features missing so for anyone to expect them to optimize the current build, add whats missing PLUS enhance the graphics beyond what's available on the PS4 in a few weeks might be asking for to much.

All things considered, is porting a game really that difficult. I kind of feel like if your only job is to adapt code, you should be able to do it correctly.

I mean, features are apparently missing? Da fuq?

In a perfect world the PC version of a game would be hands down superior to any console but unfortunately companies like Ubisoft, EA and now Warner Brothers have shown time and time again that to them PC gaming is an after thought. What I'm seeing is that the current version of B:AK for PC runs poorly with a lot of graphical features missing so for anyone to expect them to optimize the current build, add whats missing PLUS enhance the graphics beyond what's available on the PS4 in a few weeks might be asking for to much.

Maybe. In a way, this whole shit storm could be a good thing for us. It's getting so much exposure and will hopefully show pubs:

a) There is a large PC market and a lot of $$$ to be made
b) We won't tolerate broken games. Enough of giving us the shaft. If you can't do it in house, make sure the shit is done right or as best as possible.

Hopefully there is no c) where they just say screw it, that was too much trouble and we don't like giving refunds and PC gamers are whiny babies that always expect the most attention be given to the version that will sell the least which requires more time and effort and what, now they want free shit on top of a fixed game that's superior to the consoles, and oh a large number of them will just pirate it anyway.

Maybe. In a way, this whole shit storm could be a good thing for us. It's getting so much exposure and will hopefully show pubs:

a) There is a large PC market and a lot of $$$ to be made
b) We won't tolerate broken games. Enough of giving us the shaft. If you can't do it in house, make sure the shit is done right or as best as possible.

Hopefully there is no c) where they just say screw it, that was too much trouble and we don't like giving refunds and PC gamers are whiny babies that always expect the most attention be given to the version that will sell the least which requires more time and effort and what, now they want free shit on top of a fixed game that's superior to the consoles, and oh a large number of them will just pirate it anyway.

I did my part. I got a refund. I sat around and waited for over a month while Ubisoft patched the shit out of Assassins Creed Unity. Not doing that this time.

We sort of expected that to be the case from the start. The PC versions of the last three games were graphically superior to their console counterparts with higher quality visuals and PhysX support. This is the bar that was set for these games and this is what we had every reason to expect. WB simply fell well short of the goal here. As for expectations about fixes, I don't think those are unreasonable either. I don't think they forgot to add the visuals to the PC version. It seems more likely that something is broken in the game that's not giving us these visuals or has them disabled.

Why the fuck would WB and Rocksteady have contract agreements to give priority to the consoles and skimped version for the PC.

Doesn't make any sense. Just look at the recent sales for GTA V, and Witcher 3. They both have outstanding graphics, little bugs, and fun game play. And look how much money they made so far.

I have no idea why it was released this way, but with all the backlash going on now, "its their contracts with Sony & MS" is to blame. Come on really?

Total BS, they wanted to release the game, make their money, and fix it with patches later.

Why the fuck would WB and Rocksteady have contract agreements to give priority to the consoles and skimped version for the PC.

Doesn't make any sense. Just look at the recent sales for GTA V, and Witcher 3. They both have outstanding graphics, little bugs, and fun game play. And look how much money they made so far.

I have no idea why it was released this way, but with all the backlash going on now, "its their contracts with Sony & MS" is to blame. Come on really?

Total BS, they wanted to release the game, make their money, and fix it with patches later.

can't teach an old dog new tricks

that is no joke :(

if they fix it and give everyone free DLC then maybe the game being 'broken' at launch will turn out to be a good thing :D

Back