Batman: Arkham Knight

I know a lot of us are having issue with this game, and I did too in the beginning, but it's running brilliantly now for me, and the game is damn fantastic, barring some of the stuttering that comes up every now and then. They should have done this right from the beginning, and they wouldn't have had these issues that they're now facing. Really sad to see a great game marred by this side show shit...unacceptable really.

I've had two crashes but quite a bit of stuttering in certain parts, some of which I can't reveal without spoiling the hell out of things. Inching closer and closer to the end but hopefully people can really appreciate the game itself when things get ironed out because it's goddamn incredible.
 
I had crashes when I mess around on .ini too much like disabling the grain effect and blur. I reverted to default and runs fine.
 
What a debacle.

FWIW I'm enjoying the game (the actual gameplay is fucking amazeballs)

Played a bit more. The story is definitely interesting and gameplay is very good. I like the batmobile assisted takedowns as well. Fear takedown was sooo needed and love it. Enjoying the fuck out of this game.

I am going to continue playing since the game is just dope.

I dunno, I'm almost done with the main story. It's a hell of a game, lol

I know a lot of us are having issue with this game, and I did too in the beginning, but it's running brilliantly now for me, and the game is damn fantastic

Business6 said:
I've had two crashes but quite a bit of stuttering in certain parts, some of which I can't reveal without spoiling the hell out of things. Inching closer and closer to the end but hopefully people can really appreciate the game itself when things get ironed out because it's goddamn incredible.

Fuck me, this is like the hot girl in college with an STD. The experience sound amazing but it's not without its flaws. My love for the Arkham games is great (despite Origins' technical glitches) and I want to see this and play this and experience the story, but I'm worried about the experience being marred. Some are having a good experience but they seem to be in the minority.

Guess I should just wait until the shit storm is over and it's fully baked before diving in. It'll still be there 6 months from now and yeah it'll be old news, but at least I can hope to have a better experience the first time through than many are having today.
 
Well, you could always do a mission or two and just see how it behaves. Why not test it out?
 
Well, you could always do a mission or two and just see how it behaves. Why not test it out?

Because some people don't want to pay for a game that seems to be a gamble on whether or not it's actually playable? I wanted to play this game, sold my code I got with my videocard because I knew I didn't want to risk it day 1 only to wait until it's at a massive discount to even consider it, I'm happy with my decision. Not happy because the game turned out to be crap, but because I didn't gamble on it not being crap at launch.
 
Fuck me, this is like the hot girl in college with an STD. The experience sound amazing but it's not without its flaws. My love for the Arkham games is great (despite Origins' technical glitches) and I want to see this and play this and experience the story, but I'm worried about the experience being marred. Some are having a good experience but they seem to be in the minority.

Guess I should just wait until the shit storm is over and it's fully baked before diving in. It'll still be there 6 months from now and yeah it'll be old news, but at least I can hope to have a better experience the first time through than many are having today.

Man, I hear you. Let me tell you, I have GTX 980 SLI Asus ROG Matrix Platinum clocks, and the game runs like crap at 1440p in my opinion. I average around 47FPS, but the random stutters and the crazy ass frame drops, as low as 15FPS are unbearable. I have the game loaded on a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, and still the game runs like shit. If you purchase it, get it for one of the consoles. Bottom line the game runs like crap on PC. I lot of people are saying they get acceptable FPS with vsync off, but the tearing is unacceptable for me and the game still has bad performance when in the batmobile in my experience, to say the least...

I'm playing on a 1440p Korean monitor BTW, 60FPS limit via .ini file. 1080p and 30FPS may work well for some, but I can't accept that personally.

Have to agree with TB's port review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBd5GgGkMs
 
Last edited:
They suspended the sale of Arkham Knight on Steam HOLY SHIT!!
And they very well should have. It is VERY bad. Rocksteady is an awesome company hands down, but unfortunately games of this scale will most likely have the porting be handed by an external group.

I would say get pissed at the publisher for knowingly putting this out to meet a deadline.
 
I've got 13 hours in this game so far and I've yet to experience a single issue, not one. It runs silky smooth at 60fos with every setting maxed, vsync on, and all gameworks settings on. I don't get any stuttering and the only time I've seen the frame rates dip for even a second was when I had a ton of smoke particles on screen. I would have never even known there were any textures missing if people weren't complaining about it. In fact, I still can't tell, the game is absolutely gorgeous as it is. Damn shame it's getting so much negative publicity, it's really an amazing game.
 
Yeah it's always polarising to read through a shit storm of negativity from folks on one side experience major problems then next to that folks are running the game just fine.
 
I've got 13 hours in this game so far and I've yet to experience a single issue, not one. It runs silky smooth at 60fos with every setting maxed, vsync on, and all gameworks settings on. I don't get any stuttering and the only time I've seen the frame rates dip for even a second was when I had a ton of smoke particles on screen. I would have never even known there were any textures missing if people weren't complaining about it. In fact, I still can't tell, the game is absolutely gorgeous as it is. Damn shame it's getting so much negative publicity, it's really an amazing game.

Thats just amazing from my perspective, see my above post. Whats resolution are you running? ini tweaks?
 
I've got 13 hours in this game so far and I've yet to experience a single issue, not one. It runs silky smooth at 60fos

You wouldn't call having to manually edit a configuration file 'an issue'? I mean, it's not /hard/, but you have to know to do it.
 
Yeah it's always polarising to read through a shit storm of negativity from folks on one side experience major problems then next to that folks are running the game just fine.

It seems completely random who it works for and who it doesn't. Two identical set ups could have drastically different results it seems. Given how bad the port is, Gameworks, and Rocksteady's warning prior to the game launching I'd expect AMD owners to have the brunt of the issues but that doesn't seem to be the case, there simply appears to be no pattern.

I ran into a weird minor bug: Hints wouldn't leave the screen unless something forced them to then they'd reappear. This happened even with hints turned off. I'm sure that won't happen when I reload the game to play more later but it's weird.
 
Spoken like a true console gamer.

lol wat.

I happen to think a game released with a 30fps cap is a bit of an issue. A "console gamer" wouldn't even bat an eye at a game being 30Hz.

The poster claimed "60fos" which means he must have edited game files, or have access to the magical nVidia version.
 
this is necessary to keep corporations in check and help them realize that there's now options for consumers and the negative press and refunds will flow when they try to pull a fast one. Consumers have repeatedly been the object of disrespect for years with no recourse and I'm happy its now moving back in the opposite direction. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Because some people don't want to pay for a game that seems to be a gamble on whether or not it's actually playable? I wanted to play this game, sold my code I got with my videocard because I knew I didn't want to risk it day 1 only to wait until it's at a massive discount to even consider it, I'm happy with my decision. Not happy because the game turned out to be crap, but because I didn't gamble on it not being crap at launch.

I figured he had already downloaded it just hadn't bothered to play it yet. If that's the case I ask a valid question. If not then your post is applicable and I'd agree with not buying it to just find out if it's playable.
 
I figured he had already downloaded it just hadn't bothered to play it yet. If that's the case I ask a valid question. If not then your post is applicable and I'd agree with not buying it to just find out if it's playable.

Sure, if he already has it might as well try it. But this is yet another example of why preordering games is such a terrible idea knowing that the publishers will shove garbage out the door.
 
This has to be one of the lowest points in PC gaming history I have ever seen. Never would I have imagined such a reputable developer crash like this. I don't know how the console version is selling but I can imagine the refunds plus the added cost of fixing the PC version is going to cause some folks to lose their jobs.

Anybody involved in the PC version outsourcing needs to be fired.
 
It seems completely random who it works for and who it doesn't. Two identical set ups could have drastically different results it seems. Given how bad the port is, Gameworks, and Rocksteady's warning prior to the game launching I'd expect AMD owners to have the brunt of the issues but that doesn't seem to be the case, there simply appears to be no pattern.

I ran into a weird minor bug: Hints wouldn't leave the screen unless something forced them to then they'd reappear. This happened even with hints turned off. I'm sure that won't happen when I reload the game to play more later but it's weird.

I have seen people with TitanX and 980 Ti's claiming performance is bad. 30fps area. I am running a single 970 at max settings and set my FPS to 72 max. I barely ever see it drop below 60.. Maybe in a big crowded city area.. Like 50s..

I am running Nvidia driver 350.12 too. There must be something else at work causing this. OS setting or something. I also had zero issues with Unity for what its worth.

The game has bugs? Sure what game doesn't.. I really don't think there is going to be a patch that fix performance massively. I still think its going to be a fairly demanding game.
 
The developers just lied about system specs which is the main problem people can't run the game.
Hell they maybe did this on purpose now look at all the Press this game is getting.
 
and now the game is off sale on steam... what a mess i wonder if they can patch this..... Has there been a huge game before that had so many problems the devs decided to take it off ? not as far as i can remember....
 
If Call of Duty was pulled people would be laughing the whole way but it's Batman.
 
GTX 980 SLi is not working with the latest driver (353.30), I'm seeing utilization around 60% on both GPUs and the fps is sub-30 for most of the time@2160p, disabling SLI gives me a much smoother gameplay and fps ~40. Not worth playing it right now.
 
Last edited:
Nvidia is stepping up and helping Warner Brothers with a Q&A team and engineers to fix the game. There was a ton of pressure from reviewers and consumers yesterday with calls for them to help fix the game instead of adding in more features. I guess they paid attention. Bravo Nvidia!

Warner suspends Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-25-warner-suspends-batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales

UPDATE 25TH JUNE 12.00PM: Graphics card maker Nvidia is being rather nice and working with Warner to resolve Batman: Arkham Knight issues on PC.

"We are working with WB Games and the development teams to address the performance issues of the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight," a spokesperson told us. "We have made our QA and engineering resources available and will provide updates when they are available."

These are not Nvidia graphics card-specific issues, the spokesperson added, but PC-specific issues.
 
Well, they presumably poured Game[notso]works(TM) in there, so it makes sense that they help fix the mess.
 
Nvidia is stepping up and helping Warner Brothers with a Q&A team and engineers to fix the game. There was a ton of pressure from reviewers and consumers yesterday with calls for them to help fix the game instead of adding in more features. I guess they paid attention. Bravo Nvidia!

Well, they presumably poured Game[notso]works(TM) in there, so it makes sense that they help fix the mess.

Meh, I mean, anyone can say "hey we're helping" by sending an email to Rocksteady/WB pretty much saying the below:

my interpretation of Nvidia's offer of help to WB/Rocksteady/Iron-Galaxy said:
LOL HERD U GUISE NEED HALP?

And I mean, that's about it. Iron Galaxy (?) must have consulted with Nvidia to a degree in order to use the Gameworks features, and to a degree, they do work in the game. Do they work in a way that would be acceptable performance-wise? No.

Nvidia does the right thing which is to extend a hand and say "sure we're here if you need us." Whether someone over in the WB/Rocksteady/Iron-Galaxy/whoever-tries-to-fix-it camp reaches out and genuinely gets the help is an open question at this point.
 
Does anyone know if the console version is this gimped? I've heard a lot of hoopla about the PC version but haven't heard anything about the console version.
 
Does anyone know if the console version is this gimped? I've heard a lot of hoopla about the PC version but haven't heard anything about the console version.

No real information (surprisingly!) about the XB1 version, but the PS4 version seemingly is amazing - full 1080p, impressive graphics, not (too) many issues reported.
 
I've got 13 hours in this game so far and I've yet to experience a single issue, not one. It runs silky smooth at 60fos with every setting maxed, vsync on, and all gameworks settings on. I don't get any stuttering and the only time I've seen the frame rates dip for even a second was when I had a ton of smoke particles on screen. I would have never even known there were any textures missing if people weren't complaining about it. In fact, I still can't tell, the game is absolutely gorgeous as it is. Damn shame it's getting so much negative publicity, it's really an amazing game.

I guess you never read this:

"According to reports and various comparisons, the PC version lacks ambient occlusion, bokeh DOF (Editor In Chief: This is debatable. Bokeh is used in some occasions on the PC, however it is underused compared to the console build) and rain textures/shaders. Moreover, some textures seem to be of a lower quality from those found on the PS4 version, suggesting that there is seriously something really weird going on with the build that is currently available on Steam."

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/batma...graphical-effects-ao-bokeh-dof-rain-textures/
 
I figured he had already downloaded it just hadn't bothered to play it yet. If that's the case I ask a valid question. If not then your post is applicable and I'd agree with not buying it to just find out if it's playable.

Sure, if he already has it might as well try it. But this is yet another example of why preordering games is such a terrible idea knowing that the publishers will shove garbage out the door.

Sorry, I re-read my post and it could have been worded better. I can see how someone could get the impression that I already had the game. I do not. If I did, yeah definitely I would have just tried to play it because to be fair, there are some people having a great time with it. My setup isn't top of the line; I don't have SLI Titan X and a hexacore CPU but it's no slouch either, so anything less than a smooth experience would be disappointing.

Oh well, plenty of games left to play while they sort this out.
 
Amazing.


It's just like what happened with Ubisoft on AC Unity when it launched: Sometimes if enough of a large and loud shitstorm brews something can actually happen.

So we'll see where this goes. At best this game wasn't ready to be launched yet and I really have to wonder about this Iron Galaxy outfit in general.

I honestly don't know how much can realistically be done for the PC version of this game but I guess we're going to find out.

When was the last time we ever saw a game's sale suspended like this? Several people said unprecedented so I'm guessing never? If so... wow.


So glad console versions are "technical tour de forces" and the PC version isn't. Welcome to Bizarro World.
 
Honestly AC Unity should've also has sales suspended, but ubisoft preferred to take the money, cut the whole project short, and run. Then run a teaser of the next game instead to make people think and talk of something else.
 
Back
Top