• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Batman: Arkham Knight

Am I the only one on this forum that thinks these are some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a game?

It looks very good, especially for a UE3 game, but I don't know about best. Some of the textures are not great. The over-all look and art style of the game is really damn good though and I think these are the best character designs of the entire series. The detail on the designs and especially the costumes is really damn good.
 
Am I the only one on this forum that thinks these are some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a game?

It's no Unity.. But they are dam good. I laugh at the people who think the gfx are about on Par with Origins.

I also enjoy reading the Steam forums. People complaining that this game uses there RAM when alot is available.
 
Am I the only one on this forum that thinks these are some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a game?

I thought this game was pretty good looking actually.

Where you really notice it is when you jump straight out of Arkham City and into this game - it's a real shocker.
 
Damn, the story (and quality of the writing in general) is awesome and only gets better as it goes along. It's ten times more interesting than the other Arkham games.
 
Damn, the story (and quality of the writing in general) is awesome and only gets better as it goes along. It's ten times more interesting than the other Arkham games.

Yeah, it's really good.

Every single moment with the Joker is brilliant and I am so so glad they kept that a secret and that they got Hamill back. It was one of the few twists in the story that really surprised me and I loved it. I wanted to hear more of him. It's tempting to do a new game plus just to go through his lines again.
 
So last night I had something happen to me that I haven't had in years: It was 11pm and I was playing Arkham Knight. I thought, OK, I'll play for a little bit more (midnight, maybe) then get to bed. Then I checked the clock and it was 3am. I couldn't believe that much time had passed.

Always a sign of a good game!
Yeah happens to me a lot between BAK and Witcher 3. I kind of hate to even start them up. I end up saying to myself, "just a quick game no more than an hour" and 3-5 hours go by. :eek:
 
Damn, the story (and quality of the writing in general) is awesome and only gets better as it goes along. It's ten times more interesting than the other Arkham games.

This. Having a blast. Keep telling myself I should probably wait for at least a patch or two but the game is working fine and so it keeps sucking me in.
 
I'm kind of surprised that you guys decided to keep playing. If I can't maintain a constant 60 FPS in a game then I give up on it. That rarely happens.

(Not that I gave up on this game - I'm just waiting.)
 
I'm kind of surprised that you guys decided to keep playing. If I can't maintain a constant 60 FPS in a game then I give up on it. That rarely happens.

(Not that I gave up on this game - I'm just waiting.)

It's too damn good and engrossing to stop playing. I'll replay it when it's all fixed maybe, but I want to 100% it before hand.
 
I'm kind of surprised that you guys decided to keep playing. If I can't maintain a constant 60 FPS in a game then I give up on it. That rarely happens.

(Not that I gave up on this game - I'm just waiting.)

oh if i was getting only 30 fps i would have stopped playing... in fact i did after initially booting up the game.. until i saw the config file that could be tweaked... 60 fps isn't an issue for me since im running on two titans lol
 
I just went back into the game, to have a sixth or seventh look, and ended up playing for a half an hour.

Holy mother of god... I just experienced that moment where you grapple to the top of a building and... oh my god... I actually shouted out loud. I can't believe that happened.

ROTFWL!
 
oh if i was getting only 30 fps i would have stopped playing... in fact i did after initially booting up the game.. until i saw the config file that could be tweaked... 60 fps isn't an issue for me since im running on two titans lol

But SLI isn't working for anybody.
 
I just went back into the game, to have a sixth or seventh look, and ended up playing for a half an hour.

Holy mother of god... I just experienced that moment where you grapple to the top of a building and... oh my god... I actually shouted out loud. I can't believe that happened.

ROTFWL!

LOL, I got that earlier as well. I was only half paying attention and just started laughing. WTF was that? I wasn't even really startled.
 
I'm kind of surprised that you guys decided to keep playing. If I can't maintain a constant 60 FPS in a game then I give up on it. That rarely happens.

(Not that I gave up on this game - I'm just waiting.)

I just dropped it to 1920x1200. Now everything is smooth and very playable. It works for me at 2560x1600 but unfortunately there are just so many rough spots (20 fps and on rare occasion less) that I just had to drop the resolution.
 
I just dropped it to 1920x1200. Now everything is smooth and very playable. It works for me at 2560x1600 but unfortunately there are just so many rough spots (20 fps and on rare occasion less) that I just had to drop the resolution.

I did the same thing but am playing in Windowed mode. All NV Gameworks on and am avg about 50 fps
 
Can't put it down, actually having issues getting work done. Outside of the technical shit storm, the game is just damn engrossing.
 
I'm definitely glad I didn't sell the code that came with my 980ti. Played this for about an hour a couple days ago and really like it so far.

The only thing about the graphics I thought was odd was the rain. It looked more like falling sparks than rain to me. I have everything on ultra with no aa.
 
I had the chance to play the PS4 version to see what the big deal was, and damn. It's now clear to see how badly they screwed the PC version over as far as visuals go after experiencing it first-hand.

But I have to laugh at the framerate. Now I remember why I had not touched my PS4 or XBONE since November last year. It's hard for me to play a game when it can barely even maintain 30 FPS. The game occasionally froze for as much as 2 seconds while driving around in the Batmobile, and I have to say that the framerate was more in the range of 20-25 instead of 30 throughout. It's laughable that console players say they have the superior version at that framerate when it at least runs at a constant 30 on my PC.

The low framerate combined with shitty UI scaling on the PS4 version made my eyes watery and bloodshot. I had to stop after 20 minutes because it was so bad.

It's good to see some of the missing effects are now there on PC. Now they just need to fix the texture streaming at high framerates and I can actually start playing through the damn thing.
 
After doing some of the ini tweaks found on the Steam forums my performance saw a nice bump aside from the occasional hiccups with the texture streaming flying around or in the Batmobile I'm getting a pretty solid rate in the 50's the entire time. I started playing Friday night around 8 P.M. and played until 3:30 Saturday morning; the game is so damn good. The small patch that was released Saturday put back some of the missing texture features and I noticed it immediately.
 
I had the chance to play the PS4 version to see what the big deal was, and damn. It's now clear to see how badly they screwed the PC version over as far as visuals go after experiencing it first-hand.

But I have to laugh at the framerate. Now I remember why I had not touched my PS4 or XBONE since November last year. It's hard for me to play a game when it can barely even maintain 30 FPS. The game occasionally froze for as much as 2 seconds while driving around in the Batmobile, and I have to say that the framerate was more in the range of 20-25 instead of 30 throughout. It's laughable that console players say they have the superior version at that framerate when it at least runs at a constant 30 on my PC.

The low framerate combined with shitty UI scaling on the PS4 version made my eyes watery and bloodshot. I had to stop after 20 minutes because it was so bad.

It's good to see some of the missing effects are now there on PC. Now they just need to fix the texture streaming at high framerates and I can actually start playing through the damn thing.
My PS4 copy should be delivered today. I am very curious also to see the difference. My Samsung 55 inch TV has a Motion Plus feature that looks and feels like games are running at a constant 60 fps and looks more fucking vibrant than my Qnix monitor, which also looks phenomenal.
 
Last edited:
But SLI isn't working for anybody.

well i played the entire game with sli enabled? .. i only had about 3 game crashes total...

i was running 353.30 on win 8.1 and i enabled the higher level of direct x to be running in the config along with some other features...
 
well i played the entire game with sli enabled? .. i only had about 3 game crashes total...

i was running 353.30 on win 8.1 and i enabled the higher level of direct x to be running in the config along with some other features...

SLI in this game is just dividing the workload. It's not working properly.
 
I had the chance to play the PS4 version to see what the big deal was, and damn. It's now clear to see how badly they screwed the PC version over as far as visuals go after experiencing it first-hand.

But I have to laugh at the framerate. Now I remember why I had not touched my PS4 or XBONE since November last year. It's hard for me to play a game when it can barely even maintain 30 FPS. The game occasionally froze for as much as 2 seconds while driving around in the Batmobile, and I have to say that the framerate was more in the range of 20-25 instead of 30 throughout. It's laughable that console players say they have the superior version at that framerate when it at least runs at a constant 30 on my PC.

The low framerate combined with shitty UI scaling on the PS4 version made my eyes watery and bloodshot. I had to stop after 20 minutes because it was so bad.

It's good to see some of the missing effects are now there on PC. Now they just need to fixing the texture streaming at high framerates and I can actually start playing through the damn thing.
Not to derail thread but recent games on PS4 have suffered from bad frame rate. My Samsung 9 series also has motion plus but playing on PC is entirely different. Order 1886 and Witcher 3 suffer from bad slow downs. They are the reason I did not get Batman on PS4. It is better to watch a strobe light than play these games on PS4.

I think after my 980 ti SLi arrives I am moving my PC upstairs so I can play games on my 55" 4K tv as well while maintaining bearable fps.

I am going to wait to play Batman since I am around 20% done and want to play it in full glory rather than the crap they spewed.
 
FRAPS sucks anyway. If you're monitoring your frame rate Afterburner works or Steam has it's own built in FPS counter.

plus I think development on Fraps ended a long time ago...he hasn't released a new version since February 2013
 
Rocksteady pretty much stated that's going to take awhile before any major patches are released...'significant work' is how they describe it and are tempering expectations of fans who are expecting major fixes anytime soon

makes no sense why they released the game in this condition if they knew going in that it had major issues...I'm happy they are working on it now and am sure the game will be fixed in a few weeks but they should have just delayed the release
 
Rocksteady pretty much stated that's going to take awhile before any major patches are released...'significant work' is how they describe it and are tempering expectations of fans who are expecting major fixes anytime soon

makes no sense why they released the game in this condition if they knew going in that it had major issues...I'm happy they are working on it now and am sure the game will be fixed in a few weeks but they should have just delayed the release

Why are we blaming Rocksteady for it being released in this state? They share some of the blame but Rocksteady has no control over when games are released. They're owned by WB. WB is the one that has final say and WB are likely also the ones that shipped the port off to Iron Galaxy. Instead of delaying the port WB are the ones that let it be released in this state and given that no PC review code went out early WB also knew the condition the port was in.
 
Why are we blaming Rocksteady for it being released in this state? They share some of the blame but Rocksteady has no control over when games are released. They're owned by WB. WB is the one that has final say and WB are likely also the ones that shipped the port off to Iron Galaxy. Instead of delaying the port WB are the ones that let it be released in this state and given that no PC review code went out early WB also knew the condition the port was in.

For once I actually agree with what Total Biscuit said... ultimately it doesn't matter who was at fault.

We can all agree that the port shouldn't have been released in the state it was in. It needs to be fixed, and it's great that that's happening.

Some of us can even agree that we're looking at one of the best games of the year easily. It's unfortunate that some people have chosen to ignore that, and have decided to jump in and just bash away at Rocksteady and Warner Brothers, because they can.
 
For once I actually agree with what Total Biscuit said... ultimately it doesn't matter who was at fault.

We can all agree that the port shouldn't have been released in the state it was in. It needs to be fixed, and it's great that that's happening.

Some of us can even agree that we're looking at one of the best games of the year easily. It's unfortunate that some people just want to jump on Rocksteady and Warner Brothers and just bash away.

Oh WB deserves the shit they're taking. Between this and MKX WB is turning into a new Ubisoft.
 
Why are we blaming Rocksteady for it being released in this state? They share some of the blame but Rocksteady has no control over when games are released. They're owned by WB. WB is the one that has final say and WB are likely also the ones that shipped the port off to Iron Galaxy. Instead of delaying the port WB are the ones that let it be released in this state and given that no PC review code went out early WB also knew the condition the port was in.

I'm a huge fan of Rocksteady but they definitely share a lot of blame for this...they can't get praised for the previous Arkham games (and the gameplay of Arkham Knight sounds outstanding as well) but not get criticized when something like this happens...Rocksteady gave the OK when the port from Iron Galaxy came back in this condition...they could have told WB that the game needs major work and to delay the PC version...WB wouldn't have cared as their main revenue stream comes from the console versions...if the PS4 version had these performance issues then there is no doubt in my mind that WB/Rocksteady would have delayed the game...100% no doubt
 
FRAPS has stopped working since I applied the No Intro change to the games Movie dir.
Instead of deleting or renaming files, just use the "-nologo" command line argument. It's the "Launch Options" option in Game Properties in Steam.
 
I'm a huge fan of Rocksteady but they definitely share a lot of blame for this...they can't get praised for the previous Arkham games (and the gameplay of Arkham Knight sounds outstanding as well) but not get criticized when something like this happens...Rocksteady gave the OK when the port from Iron Galaxy came back in this condition...they could have told WB that the game needs major work and to delay the PC version...WB wouldn't have cared as their main revenue stream comes from the console versions...if the PS4 had these performance issues then there is no doubt in my mind that WB/Rocksteady would have delayed the game...100% no doubt

What makes you think WB weren't 100% aware of the state of the port? They're the ones who have control over sending review copies out. They intentionally held back PC reviews. After outright abandoning Arkham Origins while it was still broken to work on DLC, the complete broken shit launch of MKX and now this what makes you think WB gives a damn about the condition of PC ports?
 
What makes you think WB weren't 100% aware of the state of the port? They're the ones who have control over sending review copies out. They intentionally held back PC reviews. After outright abandoning Arkham Origins while it was still broken to work on DLC, the complete broken shit launch of MKX and now this what makes you think WB gives a damn about the condition of PC ports?

you're making my point for me...I stated in my previous post that WB wouldn't have cared if Rocksteady wanted to delay the PC version of Arkham Knight as long as the PS4 version was released on time...the PC is an afterthought to them

Iron Galaxy might have done the port but it's Rocksteady's reputation that is taking a hit...Iron Galaxy just seemed to be in over their heads with this and most of the blame is not going towards them
 
you're making my point for me...I stated in my previous post that WB wouldn't have cared if Rocksteady wanted to delay the PC version of Arkham Knight as long as the PS4 version was released on time...the PC is an afterthought to them

Iron Galaxy might have done the port but it's Rocksteady's reputation that is taking a hit...Iron Galaxy just seemed to be in over their heards with this and most of the blame is not going towards them

I did say Rocksteady deserves some of the blame. If they didn't have the people to do all three versions then they needed to get help sometime oh last year. After the first delay would have been a perfect time to get some outside help. From September to June, that would be a nice amount of time for even a 12 person team to get a decent port out the door.
 
I just played a little bit of the game to see how it looks and runs.
Seems to run ok on my setup, 3440x1440 with with everything on high and all the Gameworks features enabled.
I've never played the batman games and have all of them in my steam account.
 
I just played a little bit of the game to see how it looks and runs.
Seems to run ok on my setup, 3440x1440 with with everything on high and all the Gameworks features enabled.
I've never played the batman games and have all of them in my steam account.

The aspect ratio at 3440x1440 is not right with this game. Instead of adding black bars on the sides it stretches every out.
 
Back
Top