Baldurs Gate 3 - Official Discussion Thread (2019)

Originally posted by dulany67:
Originally posted by DARKTIDE:
Bricks and buildings look washed out maybe this is done to make the characters stand out?
Hmmm... I think they are setting a vibe. For example, Dorne in GoT as opposed to more northerly cities.

Now if you never perceived BG in that manner, I can see it being jarring.
It's a Mediterranean aesthetic as opposed to a more northern European one. I think, coming from the previous games, all of which has a distinctly Northern European style, yeah, it's jarring.

Release date for PC was moved up to August 3.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3657534571513526776
1688054942513.png

I supposed that's pretty encouraging. They must have faith that the game is pretty polished if they're going to roll it out almost a month early. Then again, it has been in early access since the Reagan administration.

I played a bit of the early access. It had some issues. I'll try it again after release. As it stands now, the cinematics were more fun than the gameplay last I was in it.

I took vacation that week lol luckily I didn't schedule it for the end of August but it has to approved this idiot Boss that torments me.

Will there be day one controller support?
Probably - the issue with the consoles are varied - with the xbox they have that 'light' weight model all the developers hate and MS require that the game be released for ALL xboxes at the same time. I think ps5 has a different issue with what you have to do to optimize for their custom hardware - one of the two major consoles has this funky memory model that is a PIA - or so i hear.
-
Because Sept is loaded with high profile games (i.e, star this and a bit of that); and BG3 largest market will be the pc Larian decided to go ahead and release it and not wait till the console version are optimized. My understanding is that the pc version has effectively been finished now for a bit and it has been the consoles holding things up.

Basically the only game I care about this year the problem I have with the game are Narrative Cut scenes sure they bring you closer to the story but it also breaks immersion.

Untitled.jpg

Loaded up Divinity OS 2 big splash page for preordered BG3. Have mixed feeling about the game since it's so far from the original game.

Someone said all classes can cast spells but when you get into the subclasses it separates them. Asked on the Steam forums the most fun class to play everyone was divided. Warlock came up alot though but think I'm going to do Paladin. I haven't tried the game since like October 2o20

Last edited:
Walmart is good for something vacation was approved for August 1st through the 9th.
Either going to roll a Barbarian or a Paladin someone said all you do is left click with Mages.

Last edited:
I pretty much have this and Starfield on my must play list for the rest of the year as far as new releases go. I loved Divinity 2
im new to this kinda genre. got massively into DnD podcasts and videos (mainly dimension20 on dropout) over the last 6 months.is this game for me?

im new to this kinda genre. got massively into DnD podcasts and videos (mainly dimension20 on dropout) over the last 6 months.is this game for me?

I've been following this for a while, and I have to think that if you're new to D&D then it probably is, and if you played Baldur's Gate and D&D when they were new, then it probably isn't.

The camera angle in the Original Sin games drove me around the bend. I need to see in front of me. That top-down perspective makes me feel… claustrophobic.

People are upset about the last trailer calling the game Woke. But the fans on Steam are not having it.

I supposed that's pretty encouraging. They must have faith that the game is pretty polished if they're going to roll it out almost a month early. Then again, it has been in early access since the Reagan administration.
They just want to avoid starfield is my guess, if anything this means it will be more rushed.

The Real Deal Son is something I found off a pallet jack at Walmart someone wrote with a Sharpie.

What is wrong with people LOL seriously messed up if anything Larian knows what they are doing.

Last edited:
I am trying to find a gaming desktop for a friend of mine that wants to play Baldur's Gate 3. He is extremely CHEAP! I am trying to get him a great deal. Here are the specs for Baldur's Gate 3:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel I5 4690 / AMD FX 8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970 / RX 480 (4GB+ of VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 150 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel i7 8700K / AMD r5 3600
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia 2060 Super / RX 5700 XT (8GB+ of VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 150 GB available space

Here is a deal I found that should do recommend specs with no problem correct?

https://www.amazon.com/STGAubron-De...&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583864001509082&th=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is a deal I found that should do recommend specs with no problem correct?

I would never recommend a PC with that much RGB because that costs money that's not reflected by the price, which means they are cutting corners somewhere.

I would never recommend a PC with that much RGB because that costs money that's not reflected by the price, which means they are cutting corners somewhere.
I see your point, let me try another search, I searched on 'gaming PC'

Back