Bad Company 2

It seems like to me that if you get any kind of packet loss, you will get disconnected from the server. Whereas in like tf2, you will just lag for a split second and the game will resume as normal rather than disconnecting instantly.

I really lost it tonight with the constant problems with the game. Just so sick and tired of the whole fucking thing.

I will never buy a EA - DICE game again.

So you must have used the no-cd online authentication option.... :D

Played for a week, Rank 19, never crashed.....ever...and running really well. THEN......

Today, after server upgrade, crashed to desktop twice.

M

Yea, the only problems I had were when there were disconnects from EA because their server was down, Rank 24 now w/ ~24 hours played...

Server issues have been very minor for me as well. The game runs great and I've been having an absolute blast. :)

I really lost it tonight with the constant problems with the game. Just so sick and tired of the whole fucking thing.

The rage is strong in this one. Atleast sell it or give it away :p

I will mention that I did do a few minor steps when their servers were weird.

Forward Ports
Pbsetup from evenbalance.com
Uninstall the BETA for BC2...

But I don't know if any of that changed anything or if their servers were just down/acting weird for a bit.

Dude ... I mean, I've broken the space bar of a keyboard because of how frustrated I was with Windows Vista, but destroying the game itself? Yikes..

[IMAGE]

Talk about rage quit.

There were easier ways of dealing with that, like drink a beer, smoke, sex with gf, etc.

Part of me is sad to see another player go, but a small part of me is glad because its one less whiner I have to listen to.

Hope you can get that rage under control and rejoin us on the battlefield.:cool:

The amount of connection problems for me hasn't even been 5% of the amount of connection problems me and all of my friends (who are now playing this game) had with MW2.

lol wow talk about a hissy fit. PM me your BC2 account info so I can give it to a friend rofl.

Haa. Oh man, that's a tantrum right there.

Shame, there's usually a way of getting it to work. I couldn't connect to the EA servers all day when I tried to connect to any server through the browser, but by disabling all my filters I could connect to any server in my history. Had a grand old time.

I finally got to sit down and play some multiplayer (I was in the beta, but have been too busy to actually play the final game until now), and I must say that they have improved things considerably. It took about all of 10 seconds to get me into a game via the play now option, and once ingame, there was markedly less lag. Maybe I was just on a good server, but the guns also felt significantly more responsive allowing me to go 15:7 (k:d) even with the starting assault weapons.

Good work Dice!

I have changed my opinion about the game. I was always telling how BF2142 nad BF2 are better then this one. After 2 days of playing, CPU overclocking to get smooth framerates and ranking up my medic class to maximum I found myself really enjoyng the game. It seems BF2142 will go to shelf for a while and this while might be long :)

With fully upgraded medic I feel myself as a superman able to kill like sniper (4x scope), heal teammate like god (heal upgrade) and farm points like crazy. Ususally i endup 1st or 2nd in the game results and get shit load of pins and KD ration usually 2/1.

I even found I can use some strategy in teh game. I'm seldom engage myself into the fight and try to hide as close as possible to the target point and serve as a spawn point for teammates at the same time healing them and occacionally killing enemies. Fun as hell. Although it is still not BF replacement, it is just different game. Very good one :)

in the 30 hours or so i've put into the MP i've had a couple times i could not connect and a couple CTD's. that's it. maybe i've been lucky but i've had a pretty positive experience with it so far. and the gameplay is addictive as all hell just like past BF games.

my new obsessions:
- the G3, what an awesome weapon
- blowing enemy tanks with C4

even throughout the beta i never bothered with C4 because i figured why not just use the Carl Gustav? i had no idea i was missing out on the adrenaline rush of running up to a tank and throwing C4 on it as quickly as you can hoping not to get killed by the tank or someone on foot protecting it. then backing away just enough to survive the blast radius, pull the trigger and watch points accumulate for a vehicle destruction and 2 kills. so fun :D

In all my years of PC Gaming, I have never seen a picture of a broken DVD and pieces of paper. :eek:

Shame, as I do enjoy Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2 and DAO. :cool:

even throughout the beta i never bothered with C4 because i figured why not just use the Carl Gustav? i had no idea i was missing out on the adrenaline rush of running up to a tank and throwing C4 on it as quickly as you can hoping not to get killed by the tank or someone on foot protecting it. then backing away just enough to survive the blast radius, pull the trigger and watch points accumulate for a vehicle destruction and 2 kills. so fun :D

QFT I love doing that!!

C4 ftw!!

After having the game for a few days now here how I feel.

I was very disappointed in the single player. I have to say that imo MW2 single player destroys this game. However I did not buy this game for the single player.

As far as multiplayer, at first I had the issues of punk buster not working. I avoided this by just playing on servers with out it and had a lot of fun. Today I decided to look into the punkbuster issue. I downloaded all of the things to update / reinstall them and none of them worked. I ran the punkbuster test and found out that pnkbstrb.exe was timing out. I went to the google machine and came up empty handed. I was about to give up after I ran the test one last time and decided to scroll up to view all of the results. I came across a line that pretty much said that the priority was not high enough for pnkbstrb.exe. I run a process manager for folding and it turns out that because it was setting it to below normal instead of normal it wouldn't work at all. Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

I haven't had any major issues since then besides the server browser being a slow piece of shit. I cant add any favorites but ill deal with that for now. There are a lot of little things that they need to fix still which is kinda unbelievable to me. I don't see how these company's can release games that have so many issues still. I mean overall its mostly working fine for me but the number of people having problems is quite unreal.

All of that being said I am really enjoying this game. IMO the multiplayer is much better then MW2. Time to go play more...

The only thing that really needs to happen right now is an M60 nerf. Play squad deathmatch and have your team composed of 3 medics with M60s and 1 assault for ammo and you will win every time.

I think I've played enough for the day. I'm actually starting to dodge the windows and doors in my house

Level 25 tonight and got the rest of my unlocks, thats everything unlocked now, only need a few extra pins, and starting to work on all the insignias :)

I think I've played enough for the day. I'm actually starting to dodge the windows and doors in my house

At least you aren't knifing the windows and doors in your house.

I've always wondered what happened to the door knobs in BC2...

The only thing that really needs to happen right now is an M60 nerf. Play squad deathmatch and have your team composed of 3 medics with M60s and 1 assault for ammo and you will win every time.

No...the fucking defibs need nerfed so you cannot just sit and fucking use every 2 secs and revive EVERYONE in your squad. Shit is horse shit.

No...the fucking defibs need nerfed so you cannot just sit and fucking use every 2 secs and revive EVERYONE in your squad. Shit is horse shit.

People should not be able to spawn in on their squadmates either unless they haven't been attacked for 5-10 seconds or something. Defibs need to be changed to where people revive with 25-50% health or something. The M60 as it is now though is the best weapon in the game hands down. I wish I could use it on Assault along with an FN-GL with a stock and shit, that would be awesome.

That would be pretty much my only complaint - something needs to be done about either spawning on any squad member or the revives. The fact that you can rinse a guy only to have a squadmate pop out of his backside as he dies who then revives him is tiresome. You sit there, reload as he blunders about oblivious to his teammate being killed, then you kill him just as he resurrects his friend and then ANOTHER FUCKING GUY jumps out of him and you go through it all again. Just FUCK OFF. DIE. I HAVE SHOT YOU. YOU ARE DEAD, CONTINUE TO BE DEAD INSTEAD OF REAPPEARING IN THE SAME SPOT FIVE SECONDS LATER. You should be penalised for being a clueless mongoloid, not allowed to be revived every two seconds or spawn on anyone you fancy. The spawning on squadleader mechanism in BF2/2142 was fine, I can't think why it was changed.

Nah it's not really that big a deal. It just seems silly.

I haven't had any major issues since then besides the server browser being a slow piece of shit...

Just in case you didn't know, after server browser starts searching hit cancel button, wait for 2-3 seconds and all the servers will appear just like after the complete run. You don't have to stare at that annoying circle for a minute or so...

Wow I always wondered how a medic can kill me from long range... I've unlocked everything for recon, assault, and engineer... and played 1 game of medic before stopping for the day.

Holy crap... your LMG is like holding one of the mounted guns. You literally point and hold your mouse button down and things just die. I didn't realize how ridiculously easy the medic's gun is to use compared to the other classes.

Got my first platinum star tonight, with the AN-94. Was disappointed to see that you couldn't rank it up past that, I was hoping for a platinum + a gold, cause the platinum looks just like a silver star ;(

We played a good 8+ hours today, good fun. There was a guy bitching on the other team, saying our team was hacking, I bet it was the guy who broke his CD

I know, I'm about to start just playing medic only for the M60 and engineer for the Carl Gustav, they are both that good. You can just snipe down entire squads with the M60 from across the map.

Wow I always wondered how a medic can kill me from long range... I've unlocked everything for recon, assault, and engineer... and played 1 game of medic before stopping for the day.

Holy crap... your LMG is like holding one of the mounted guns. You literally point and hold your mouse button down and things just die. I didn't realize how ridiculously easy the medic's gun is to use compared to the other classes.

They really need to at least fix the mg60. Everyone has unlocked it, and everyone is now using it. If I want to even the playing field I'm often forced to also use it as well. It gets boring with no variety. If they want to keep the power as is, at least make it so its wildly inaccurate unless in the crouched and immobile position.

two observations:
- people don't realize when a teammate is disarming the m-com and gets killed and is no longer disarming, because their dead body hunches over the m-com. pay attention and recognize when a teammate who is disarming has fallen.
- sometimes teams become wildly unbalanced. i played a round tonight where it was 16-6 the entire round, until the last m-com checkpoint. then all of a sudden the teams were 12-10 in our favor. don't wait until the 11th hour to even up the teams so you get to maximize your kills AND get a win. just even it up right away and enjoy a balanced battle.

nerf m60 a little, nerf grenade launcher a little. do that and bam, balance is that much saner.

also, HC is more like cod4 stock damage, kinda neat to play for a few rounds but I don't think it works to well in BF, i like stock much better. action flows better.

Got my first platinum star tonight, with the AN-94. Was disappointed to see that you couldn't rank it up past that, I was hoping for a platinum + a gold, cause the platinum looks just like a silver star ;(

We played a good 8+ hours today, good fun. There was a guy bitching on the other team, saying our team was hacking, I bet it was the guy who broke his CD

This maintenance either screwed up my graphics driver or I'm having that Graphics card death by drivers like that discussed in the SC2 forums, will reroll my drivers back to old one then to fix my glitch.

Got my 2nd platinum star today, its been a long way...my 1st was vehicle platinum, 2nd is my knife platinum :cool:

Having fun in Port Valdez rush map when I rush up the snipers' hill and knife 8 of them :D

After I got the M60 with my medic, it was smooth sailing. Topping #1 on both sides, been getting ace pins left and right. Lol.

After I got the M60 with my medic, it was smooth sailing. Topping #1 on both sides, been getting ace pins left and right. Lol.

Man I have tried to play the MEdic....I freakin hate it so much.

I have maxed out Recon/Engineering, and I am now working on Assault....

Makes me wonder how good this M60 is...interesting.

Back