Bad Company 2

BFBC2Game2010-03-1216-13-17-76.jpg

I had a 23k game where I must have done something amazing, never gotten near it since.

means he's acquired more points by completing objectives and supporting his team instead of just farming kills.

Or he just used a few different weapons over and over :confused:

I got 5 gold stars at rank 12 and didn't farm kills by any means.

god I'm actually thinking of going crossfire just for this game. I need my 60fps vsync. Never thought I would like this game this much. m416 is my love.

Anyone else getting the dreaded 4870x2 crossfire flicker of death?

I tried a few fixes, upgraded drivers, manual update CCC tricks, no Dice.

I've read it's been a problem since beta and was supposed to be fixed, not so much.

Water and guns, some textures, flicker and I can't stand to play it like that.
Anyone deal with this? Any fix?

Thanks
davepars7

Tried playing again and the tanks and shit are so whored I cannot play most maps more than 15mins without either leaving or just sitting on a hill sniping. Shit gets so old.

And before the flames start of me not playing engineer...I almost play nothing BUT engineer.

Because that takes longer than getting 5 gold stars on different weapons.

It doesn't take any longer... it's 100 kills for a gold-star...

Getting 500 kills is getting 500 kills, if you use a variety of guns you're less likely to get a gold-star...

Oh well..

Tried playing again and the tanks and shit are so whored I cannot play most maps more than 15mins without either leaving or just sitting on a hill sniping. Shit gets so old.

And before the flames start of me not playing engineer...I almost play nothing BUT engineer.

If you're having difficulty I find it helps a lot to put a tracer on the armour, then hide behind a building and fire over it. Or switch and find a server where people are playing as a team, alternatively.

does the uav have machine gun on it? or is that an upgrade? i know how to fire missle but thought i saw a video where it had a machine gun to.

You get that on the right mouse button if you have the ALT Weapons vehicle specialization selected. It's pretty useful for strafing the enemy.

OMG, this game is really CPU dependant.

I had: ATI 5870 Intel Core2Duo E6750 Stock speeds 2.6
I was able to play but there was a feeling that my PC is not powerful enough for the game. Sluggish some times etc. It was really annoying

I made overclock: ATI 5870 Intel Core2Duo E6750 Overclock speeds 3.2
OMG! :eek: The game SO smooth now!!!! I can't beleive that upgrade from 2.6 to 3.2 made SUCH a difference. The only problem is that I need to revise my cooling since CPU is heating up to 60C now :)

I guess I need a new CPU now :)

Me and a friend have a strategy for the tank whore squads, they usually run with 2 engis (1 on gunner seat, one following) and take forever to kill even with 2 people firing at it.

Get a tank, and both of you stay engi, get within range, fire, get out at same time, and rocket the tank. instapop. If its somehow still alive/has armor perk, get back in tank and fire again

I burned through BFBC2 SP last night in about 4 hours.
Didnt care for it.
Story, characters, weapons(shit variety and they all felt like BB guns), music, enemies, maps. None of it reached out to me. I was really hoping to enjoy it, but the only reason I kept on playing was because I kept on hoping for something thrill me.

I know its a MP game, and I dont play MP, so Im just commenting on my SP experience.

The one thing I really enjoyed was the weapon sounds. The echo and the loudness when firing inside were spot on. They nailed that better then any game.

I think Ill pick it up if Im ever in the need for a good MP game, but for those looking for a decent SP, look elsewhere.

Also, I recall someone in one of these threads dissing CODMW2 because it was too "arcade" and BFBC2 was a "Simulation". Can someone slap whoever said that. Im no MW1 fan, but Bad Company 2 is so much an arcade game its painful.

i finally had a good run with the recon class earlier this morning!

been playing since the beta and i was terrible with sniper rifles. couldn't hit a thing. somehow bullet drop has magically "clicked" for me and i'm getting headshots left and right.

i also started playing hardcore servers and i definitely prefer them to regular.

can't wait to unlock a better rifle, though.

looooooooove this game!

i finally had a good run with the recon class earlier this morning!

been playing since the beta and i was terrible with sniper rifles. couldn't hit a thing. somehow bullet drop has magically "clicked" for me and i'm getting headshots left and right.

i also started playing hardcore servers and i definitely prefer them to regular.

can't wait to unlock a better rifle, though.

looooooooove this game!

I'm pretty sure they fixed bullet drop to make it more realistic. Does anyone have the changelog from the beta to the final game?

It doesn't take any longer... it's 100 kills for a gold-star...

Getting 500 kills is getting 500 kills, if you use a variety of guns you're less likely to get a gold-star...

Oh well..

That's on guns, but if you use different weapons like a knife (~50 kills ?... I got the gold star between 50-60 dogtags) or vehicles (much less) etc, it'll be pretty quick.

they only thing I hate is it takes a whole clip to kill.
To be fair it takes 4-7 shots typically... but at low accuracy that's nearly a full clip I guess. That's probably why I'm annoyed at medics who just hold down the mouse button and don't care if they miss... since they have 100-200 bullets.

I am just posting to say that the HK416 is a horrible waste of space comparable to the F2000, and that the M60 has got NOTHING on the MG36. You're all wrong.

I burned through BFBC2 SP last night in about 4 hours.Didnt care for it. I think Ill pick it up if Im ever in the need for a good MP game, but for those looking for a decent SP, look elsewhere.
WTF???

Me and a friend have a strategy for the tank whore squads, they usually run with 2 engis (1 on gunner seat, one following) and take forever to kill even with 2 people firing at it.

Get a tank, and both of you stay engi, get within range, fire, get out at same time, and rocket the tank. instapop. If its somehow still alive/has armor perk, get back in tank and fire again

It is not that I have a problem with killing tanks as it is easy for the most part. What I am saying is that it gets old on how much they are whored. SOMEONE has to get in one when it spawns in two mins.

So far I just like the dark snow map where all there is a UAV and two ATVs. Makes for some good killing.

Since the last server patch I'm getting more CTD's in game. I love losing a ton of points.

I don't think you actually lose those points. I had enough CTD's one night to make me want to choke someone, but everytime I logged in my bar increased the correct amount that I had at the time of the crash. I kept an eye on it.

The only annoying thing is any end game pins get lost... such as best player / best squad, and of course any rolling streaks you had (i.e. 6 kills with a gun - going for your 7th for the pin, but you crash....)

Hmm, can't get on to any games. It either says server full or simply does nothing and returns to the server browser

Shame it's been working great over the last 2 nights. Not a single issue.

The one thing that's annoying about this game right now is I'll hop into a server and it'll be entirely fucking recon. For gods sake people, 14 out of 16 people on my team do not need to be recon.

This is why I always make it a habit to go after the engi that is repairing the tank. If I get killed while doing it, its a worthwhile sacrifice because the rest of my team can get an RPG in to take it out. One life to save dozens in this game.

I keep losing stats as of today. Looking at my rank it has reset to 1. 2 disconnect tonight. I thought DICE did maintenance today, seems like they fucked it up again.

The maintenance is tonight only. They skipped last night because servers went down Thursday night already.

The maintenance is tonight only. They skipped last night because servers went down Thursday night already.

It says that maintenance is complete on Twitter

Shame my game is now fucked, disconnects, CTD and failed to connect to EA.

My patience is about up for this one

I get constant disconnects and my game freezes most of the time :mad:

What ever EA did, botched my play time bad :(

I really lost it tonight with the constant problems with the game. Just so sick and tired of the whole fucking thing.

I will never buy a EA - DICE game again.

ru2r6u.jpg

Over reacting are we, well I suppose I would be pissed too. Well on another note there defiantly needs to be more weapons for the higher ranks or classes.

Freakin' keeps cashing. I tried running it in dx9 mode and it went crash free for ~2 hours... then crashed. Sigh.

Back