Bad Company 2

Look like there's some initial problems, I really loved the beta but I have a headache now from playing the full game for a nice long few sessions. I really like the game but some things really frustrate me...

Pros:
  • Order by works in menu
  • Most of the maps are very nice with large variance in graphical/gameplay style
  • FOV can be changed in the ini file, 55 is default and 75 will give you pretty much what you want (it's vFOV and not hFOV!)
  • It runs well.
  • It's bloody fun
  • Loads of levels and unlocks, leveling seems slower somehow but it's well balanced IMO

Cons:
  • The late UK release was fucking gay.
  • Being on the losing team when one side is dominating is really fucking crap, you basically have to quit and find another server because it's not fun in the slightest.
  • Gameplay sucks when facing enemies with superiour weapons/perks, later perks really give you an advantage like steady aim, more explosive power etc
  • Lack of autobalance means some servers tend towards stacked teams
  • Adding server favourites doesn't seem to work
  • Friends list isnt updated correctly, no one is shown online when really they are
  • The sand/dust/snow blown up in some maps is just retarded you can't see a thing.

I had some really good and bad games inthe first few hours, to give you some idea of just how stacked it can be, I have something like a 2:1 K/D ratio now which is pretty good, but I died something like 6-7 times in a row before I got my first kill because the starting weapons and perks are just insanely bad, you're probably going to get unfairly owned for at least the first few hours before you get some good weapons and perks.

Yeah I notice that too, sniper and medic is the mostly used.

I picked medic because I didn't think anyone would be playing it. I see mostly recon and assault, hardly ever any medics or engineers. I was only 1 of 3 medics in a 32 man game last night.

Recon seams like a fun class but dear lord man. Everyone seems to think they are snipers and that is all they can do. I busted up about 6 tanks with my c4 and got a ton of spot assists with them the couple times I played.

Assault classes I think forget they can drop ammo, because most of my teams are always asking for ammo and I never see any ammo boxes lying around. Would be nice to get into a squad that no whats they are doing. Those are fun, had a good team this morning and we ran the win column for a good hour or two.

Has anyone got voice coms to work? I can hear a couple people, but I know mine isn't getting picked up in game. Works in steam and vent, but no in game chat. Double checked the button but still no voice.

Same here, can't login.

Since the UK release I've barely managed to get online. Very, very poor show so far

I picked medic because I didn't think anyone would be playing it. I see mostly recon and assault, hardly ever any medics or engineers. I was only 1 of 3 medics in a 32 man game last night.

Recon seams like a fun class but dear lord man. Everyone seems to think they are snipers and that is all they can do. I busted up about 6 tanks with my c4 and got a ton of spot assists with them the couple times I played.

Assault classes I think forget they can drop ammo, because most of my teams are always asking for ammo and I never see any ammo boxes lying around. Would be nice to get into a squad that no whats they are doing. Those are fun, had a good team this morning and we ran the win column for a good hour or two.

Has anyone got voice coms to work? I can hear a couple people, but I know mine isn't getting picked up in game. Works in steam and vent, but no in game chat. Double checked the button but still no voice.
the problem i had was that my mic wasn't set to default

This game must be badly optimized I did some tweaks and almost doubled my FPS. I put "+fullproc" in launch settings and changed to DX9 now I get 90+fps and it still looks great. Raised Textures to high and AF to 4x everything else medium.

Some tweaks - http://www.fragcast.org/?p=433

Only a bona fide sheeple would let EA **** them in the *** and not complain about this ugly overblown post processing laden defective turd of a game.

Only a bona fide sheeple would let EA **** them in the *** and not complain about this ugly overblown post processing laden defective turd of a game.

That or someone who realizes that there are issues with ANY new release. EA is suffering from the game being a little TOO successful right now.

Other than a little long on the server interface and no joystick support, I'm pretty damn happy with this game. Of course I didn't try playing yesterday (work) until midnight so I didn't suffer through the downtime like some people did, which is understandably frustrating but again they're a victim of their own success.

When it work, and when its balanced, it's a blast.

One sided games just piss me off to the point I want to rip my own eyes out.

I've had a couple rounds of unbalanced rush and came to an understanding to just go Assault using the nade launcher behind cover after you throw an ammo box at your feet. Not a honorable way of playing but neither is team stacking to baserape. Another reason people's posting of scores need to met with some skepticism.

Do that and you'll save your eyeballs at least.

Last edited:
When it work, and when its balanced, it's a blast.

One sided games just piss me off to the point I want to rip my own eyes out.

Yeah some of the games are horribly one sided. We beat a team last night 110-0 and the server emptied out after a while. The one sided games are boring but it's not hard to find a decent server.

The M416 is my favorite gun in assault class.

BFBC2Game2010-03-0616-55-53-90.jpg
BFBC2Game2010-03-0616-56-07-21.jpg

I'm rank 24 with my engineer, medic, and assault kits maxed. My favorite gun by far is the M16, it just destroys everything.

I use a mix of of the AN94 for large maps and M416 for small infantry based maps. AN94 uses 4x scope, m416 has extra grenades, and both have the improved accuracy skill.

Even though the m416 is devastating at close and medium range, I have to slow down my shots at long range so I can actually hit them. The AN94 is just lethal at long range. The low kickback and single shot firing mechanism means I can rapidly fire at enemies from far away with almost every shot hitting, and because I have the improved accuracy loadout, I can kill guys surprisingly well at very close ranges just by shooting at the hip.

The M416 is good no doubt, but the AN94 keeps seducing me :D. I can't wait to unlock the M16 to see how it compares between all three. Just half a bar away from unlocking, go bar go!

A lot of servers are like this. Last night I was on a 32 man server where 4 squads consisted of NOTHING but snipers. It was rush and nobody was attacking the objectives, just hovering around them @ 50 yards or so.

It's a common byproduct of the type of game it is. When you give people a really big map with a shitload of hiding spots then proceed to make them hard to see via camo and good graphics AND make the automatic weapons feel like complete shit you're simply begging for people to camp their balls off. I mean, most average players do it in games that DON'T encourage it through these fundamentals.

hey my brother just got Bad company 2 on his pc , did update, changed the FOV and in the server menu it crashes back to the desktop with no error. Is there a fix for this? Would love to be able to play :\

Wow.. they really need a 'cancel' button when you try to connect to a server. It literally waits like 2 minutes before telling you that you can't connect.

I may just be missing something, but shouldn't the m14 mod 0 be able to have sights mounted on the thing, or a mag larger then 10 rounds?

LOL...has anyone else gotten the chance to try out the shotty + 12g slugs + magnum ammo? I don't think I've lost a close-med range fight in over 5 hours.

Maxed out my assault class to and the M416 just blows every other assault rifle away.

guys try the port forwarding it seems to help with the connecting screen go a lil faster

are servers down right now? I just bought a copy from walmart, installed the updates, but failed to connect to ea servers? :(

Edit: Nvm, works fine after I opened the ports woot!

Last edited:
Does anyone else hit join game for some servers and it doesn't do anything? It doesn't give any kind of error message, it just tries for a second and then goes back to the server browser.

And still no favorite server functionality, either.

Does anyone else hit join game for some servers and it doesn't do anything? It doesn't give any kind of error message, it just tries for a second and then goes back to the server browser.

And still no favorite server functionality, either.

it's probable that the server is full but the browser is not telling you it's full

Seems like im getting PB issues today, never had them before. I went to even balance and updated. I still get kicked.

I was getting the pb issues too, I updated but still got it. The problem went away after I restarted.

I was getting the pb issues too, I updated but still got it. The problem went away after I restarted.

Your in the minority sir... Many of updated, restarted, re-installed..... Nothing.

I'm still getting kicked.

++kicky, no shooty :(

Dear EA/DICE.......

(Yes, I want to blow some people up!)

I'm hearing that server masters are needing to restart.... So, apparently its not punkbuster? Some servers are full, hence they have restarted.... I imagine we'd need to give it an hour.....

Can someone explain to me how to use the UAV properly? I've flown it and have been able to launch rockets at targets. But why does that red box stick around? Supposedly I can use it to spot enemy players? How is that done? I'd look it up on you tube but it's blocked here at work.

Each individual server apparently needs to be restarted by an admin....*sigh*

Apparently that seems to be the case.... that could take quite a long time. Looks like I'll be playing TF2 tonight. But still, I find these issues with the connections getting to be just ridiculous.

Can someone explain to me how to use the UAV properly? I've flown it and have been able to launch rockets at targets. But why does that red box stick around? Supposedly I can use it to spot enemy players? How is that done? I'd look it up on you tube but it's blocked here at work.

I'll let you know when I can play.... :rolleyes::p

Server Rebooted. Looks like its working now. One of our admins is on now and not getting kicked.

Tru Insomniac Gamers

Because it guides it...

Spot players using Q...

Back