Bad Company 2

Whenever I get into an emplacement gun the viewing area is completely opaque, thus rendering the weapon useless.

I'm running 1280x1024, medium settings, and DX9 on an 8800GT. This did not happen to me in the beta. Ideas?

b7hzl2.jpg

it's probable that the server is full but the browser is not telling you it's full

No, because if a server fills up after the server browser lists it as having a spot open, it pops up a server full message. I'm not getting anything at all.

Whenever I get into an emplacement gun the viewing area is completely opaque, thus rendering the weapon useless.

I'm running 1280x1024, medium settings, and DX9 on an 8800GT. This did not happen to me in the beta. Ideas?

start firing and see what happens :)

have the same issue with a 4870 and DX9

I just use the gun if there are spots to shoot at. otherwise, like you said, it's useless with the opaque issue

I'm usually in the top 2 in conquest, but I credit that to being in a tank. I go apeshit in a tank. I use the jungle or river as my road and it works.

just wish I could get on a motherfucking server tonight

Punkbuster is the bane of my existance...same reason I stopped playing BF2142

Right now I'm getting the kicked message from Punkbuster. Beta is uninstalled, manually updated PB.

Worst release in the history of gaming.

Starting to feel agitated. Need a beer!

Not to derail the thread but hasn't everyone been evangelising Punkbuster recently since the Ubisoft DRM and MW2 VAC Peer2Peer dramas erupted?

Just so I'm sure, as we demonising it now or is it still the answer to all our problems?

Nobody that knows anything ever liked PunkBuster or thought it was anything other than an enormous heap of shit.

Nobody that knows anything ever liked PunkBuster or thought it was anything other than an enormous heap of shit.

I don't ever remember anyone liking PB. At all. I don't like it. Don't have many problems with it but when I do they are a major pita.

I can't play now due to Punkbuster. What a piece of shit, and also a shit effort on DICE/EA on getting the issues ironed out.

I kept getting kicked last night because of Punkbuster FAIL TO INIT error too.

I manually updated it but kept getting kicked. I'm not sure if this will fix your prob, but it seemed to work for me last night:

1. Go to evenbalance.com
2. Click BCB2
3. Click Software Updates
4. Download "For Players" file pbsec.htm
5. Place pbsec.htm file in Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2\pb\htm folder and also in the pb folder just in case.

Worked for me yesterday, can't say if it'll do the same now...might have just been the server.

Getting it too now. :(

I kept getting kicked last night because of Punkbuster FAIL TO INIT error too.

I manually updated it but kept getting kicked. I'm not sure if this will fix your prob, but it seemed to work for me last night:

1. Go to evenbalance.com
2. Click BCB2
3. Click Software Updates
4. Download "For Players" file pbsec.htm
5. Place pbsec.htm file in Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2\pb\htm folder and also in the pb folder just in case.

Worked for me yesterday, can't say if it'll do the same now...might have just been the server.

Did that. Didn't work for me. FFS.

Wow.. wtf... CMON EA get your damn shit together..

Between the servers, lag, CTDs, disconnects, Its getting old fast..

And my M1 disappeared for some reason...

I wish I could just play the beta gain. I was so surprised that it was soo stable, yet this is so fucking annoying.

ive logged in almost 8 hours yesterday night, and its down now :(. what the hell is taking the patch so long.

Same here...have had great matches today on Squad Rush...then 5 minutes ago, kicked, and can't log on....sheesh.

On and off all day.

Asked for my key a couple times.....too scared to type it in....don't want to loose my hard won status...I'll wait till it's running right.

Guys, if you want to add me as a friend....my id is Markdek.........ok.

I'll be pretty active for a couple weeks. Love to team up w/ [H]ard players. That is when we get through this server nonsense.

I'm still trying to figure out how I claim my pre-order items. I have none of them.

Pre-order items? You mean extra unlocks? You might have them, and not realize it.

Sweet, now I'm getting Punkbuster kicks too. Updated using pbsetup didn't fix it. I'm trying Rash's manual update steps now but evenbalance.com seems to be shitting itself.

Punkbuster needs a better, more automatic update process.

I'm getting kicked for PB failing to initiate as well. I manually updated (inserted the files as well as used the manual update .exe file).

Now I can't connect to any servers... it just tells me "connection to game server has been lost blah blah". Yes I'm running everything as admin. My brother (who's my roommate) connects just fine so I don't think it's my router. It just seems inconsistent...

Yeah I've been playing mostly fine avoiding problems other than a few lost connections/can't connect.

Now today I'm constantly getting the PB kick. Kinda getting annoying. Can't complain too much though, I've managed to play enough to get to rank 17 and numerous unlocks. :p

i can connect and play until pb kicks me now. pb has always been shitty. I've never loved a game that sucked so much :D

Wow.. wtf... CMON EA get your damn shit together..

Between the servers, lag, CTDs, disconnects, Its getting old fast..

And my M1 disappeared for some reason...

It's a pretty damn poor effort so far.

The game obviously wasn't ready for release and they learnt nothing from the Beta because all the issues are still there and then some.

I found a server that doesn't PB kick me out, hard to get on it though

I'm getting kicked for PB failing to initiate as well. I manually updated (inserted the files as well as used the manual update .exe file).

Now I can't connect to any servers... it just tells me "connection to game server has been lost blah blah". Yes I'm running everything as admin. My brother (who's my roommate) connects just fine so I don't think it's my router. It just seems inconsistent...

It's a server side issue, no matter what you do on the client side won't make any difference.

Are you connecting to the same servers as your brother?

Yeah servers going up and down like crazy and now i'm getting kicked by PB with some shitty error, and evenbalance.com has basically died you can't download the updater for it, god I fucking hate punkbuster.

I haven't been able to play BC2 since retail release.

Beta worked, retail doesn't. Why? Now I have PB errors and lost connections to game servers, how did they drop the ball this bad?

I agree that it is annoying but you go check out all the Ubisoft DRM threads, or some of the discussions last year about MW2 non-dedicated servers and VAC and all of a sudden Punkbuster was the cure for cancer, simply because it was 'the alternative' and people had forgotten how crap it was. Now we're all using it again, it's back to being a heap of crap.

I can't even connect to EA Online now. Heh, if I didn't laugh I would cry

anyone getting atikmpag.sys error? im getting that with ctd and grey screen of death. and pb kicking me on some servers and its updated.

Back