Bad Company 2

Is VIETNAM will be on PC ???
how they gonna distributed ?? boxes?? or digitally only??
Hopefully E and A wont f....k this one...........

ditto on this. 2 Things great about living in utah

1. The mountains to Hike/climb/ski

2. I can ping Seattle/LA/Dallas/Chicago with a 40ms ping

:cool:

I played a few rounds on it, compared to me mostly high lvl, but I dont mind getting creamed by ppl that arent douches about it. I got steamrolled but it was fun

Trailer: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=163375

* Ammo packs are now rusty tin boxes
* Engineer gets PPSH assault weapon + blowtorch for repairing vehicles
* Tin box med packs are now rucksacks
* Defibrillators are now syringes
* Recon no longer has bolt action rifle. Now fully automatic with heavier recoil
* C4 replaced with "real dynamite" complete with plunger
* Vietnam will not have any singleplayer content
* Only available digitally as DLC

I'm glad it's just a multiplayer expansion pack...and DLC only so no disc needed.

...yes, because you guys are all professional players like him standing in the middle of the map strafing back and forth with an M60 picking everyone that walks over the hills. I'm a stupid hypocrite, right? You're all T88 sniper pros doing similar crap right? Maybe I'm not good like you guys are then. Whatever. I'll leave this thread up to the 'elite' players here and take my exit. I'm obviously inferior to everyone in this thread.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've encountered 6 hackers since starting the game (got it first day out) and 5 of them did this EXACT same thing. Guess they need 200 rounds to execute their pwnage.

What I don't understand is why his teammates don't just tk him endlessly. When someone's spraying with LMG towards spawn on Laguana Presa and within 1-2 minutes is 20-1, it's your duty to frag his ass.

I CG'd some level 35 today who was taking pot shots at me from behind a cement wall (I'm 50) and he starts ranting about a level 50 using a CG. I told him once you hit 50, there's no need to play for points. You use whatever kills the easiest.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've encountered 6 hackers since starting the game (got it first day out) and 5 of them did this EXACT same thing. Guess they need 200 rounds to execute their pwnage.

What I don't understand is why his teammates don't just tk him endlessly. When someone's spraying with LMG towards spawn on Laguana Presa and within 1-2 minutes is 20-1, it's your duty to frag his ass.

I CG'd some level 35 today who was taking pot shots at me from behind a cement wall (I'm 50) and he starts ranting about a level 50 using a CG. I told him once you hit 50, there's no need to play for points. You use whatever kills the easiest.

I think I quit today. I started it up after taking a month or so break and some guy was on sniping people all over the map with the shotgun and mg ammo or whatever. I dont recall the shotguns being capable of that the last time I played. I spose he might have been hacking but if not then I quit.

Shotguns with Slugs are dead accurate and have no gravity affecting them. So you literally just point and click... close range it's a 1 hit-kill, otherwise it's a headshot to kill.

I think I quit today. I started it up after taking a month or so break and some guy was on sniping people all over the map with the shotgun and mg ammo or whatever. I dont recall the shotguns being capable of that the last time I played. I spose he might have been hacking but if not then I quit.

870 + slugs + mag + no grav (i.e. straight shot at any range) = sniper at any range.

2 Shots at any range (well any range I have been able to hit people at) and they die

Close range is 1 shot and by close I mean probably about 50 yards or so - it is an amazing combo.

As I stated earlier I am against CG vs Infantry. However I find this acceptable as he was hiding behind a wall. Obviously your only option is to blow up the wall. Thats when I arm an MCOMM in a building I dont take cover next to a wall, more than likely it will get blow up.

It really is amazing how a well planned attack can be so completely unstoppable.

Last night 3 of us on skype (skype > everything else for voice) were able to arm and defend a good amount of mcomms because superior communication. its awesome.

So pretty much what your saying is that your gonna rage quit?

It actually takes pretty good tracking aiming skill to use the shotgun/slug/combo... I should know I have 7000 kills with it and 3000 headshots and I'm level 45. Alot of people try to use it and they can't put up good scores with it due not having the ability to do quick snapshots while using it. Using it reminds me of COD2 bolt action rifles only servers or the rail gun from quake, it's a single shot gun, you can't spray around your target with it, you need skill. Also up very close the shotty slugs combo tends to glitch and it will miss when you hit them dead on... IMO the setup is fine and balanced.

So you should have been saying nice shot to the guy instead of raging :p

Try using it yourself.

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036189661 said:
So pretty much what your saying is that your gonna rage quit?

It actually takes pretty good tracking aiming skill to use the shotgun/slug/combo... I should know I have 7000 kills with it and 3000 headshots and I'm level 45. Alot of people try to use it and they can't put up good scores with it due not having the ability to do do quick snapshots while using it. Using it reminds me of COD2 bolt action rifles only servers or the rail gun from quake, it's a single shot gun, you can't spray around your target with it, you need skill.

So you should have been saying nice shot to the guy instead of raging :p

Try to using it yourself.

meh. He was 45/3 and literally no one on the server could hit him. by the time you could get him in site you were dead so possible hack IDK. I don't rage quit anything, but I was playing more today. CG invincible spam, 40mm grenade spam, shotgun sniping, and even my own infinite respawn medic stuff. It just doesn't feel tactical anymore, just feels like idiots running around being cheap. Less ragequit and more boredom. I've put maybe a 100 hours? at most into the game I'm only level 28 I can even imagine still being entertained at lv45. I wish they'd at least open up mod maps or something since theyre obviously done with the game now that the focus will be on BC2V.

I think once you're down to like one guy doing bugfixes for a game it should be time to hand the damn thing over to the community. That slingshot crap started happening to me again today. Major Meh.

It really is amazing how a well planned attack can be so completely unstoppable.

Last night 3 of us on skype (skype > everything else for voice) were able to arm and defend a good amount of mcomms because superior communication. its awesome.

Skype is worse than everything for everything, except maybe being a bloated, inefficient program running a low-quality stream.

meh. He was 45/3 and literally no one on the server could hit him. by the time you could get him in site you were dead so possible hack IDK. I don't rage quit anything, but I was playing more today. CG invincible spam, 40mm grenade spam, shotgun sniping, and even my own infinite respawn medic stuff. It just doesn't feel tactical anymore, just feels like idiots running around being cheap. Less ragequit and more boredom. I've put maybe a 100 hours? at most into the game I'm only level 28 I can even imagine still being entertained at lv45. I wish they'd at least open up mod maps or something since theyre obviously done with the game now that the focus will be on BC2V.

I think once you're down to like one guy doing bugfixes for a game it should be time to hand the damn thing over to the community. That slingshot crap started happening to me again today. Major Meh.
Ya 45-3 is kinda sketchy, or he was just having a very good game and the majority of the other team was noobs. I went 40-3 on laguna alta a couple times, not camping either... I had a very good medic with me with that had extended range medic pack while on TS keeping my health up. But if that guy was running solo no medic or anything, thats prob hacks... weird he would be using that gun though and not a 200 shot LMG like most hax use.

Ya mod maps would be great.

It's much more fun playing the game in TS with a bunch of friends, I rarely play solo only in TS with 3-4 friends.

CG noobs that suicide kill themselves to get a kill are lame I agree.

Skype is worse than everything for everything, except maybe being a bloated, inefficient program running a low-quality stream.

In my experience it has offered better voice quality than any of the other voice clients. Plus i hate push to talk. I'm not gonna worry about an extra button to push. Already got enough crap going on.

In my experience it has offered better voice quality than any of the other voice clients. Plus i hate push to talk. I'm not gonna worry about an extra button to push. Already got enough crap going on.

Fair enough. Just to let you know, nearly every other VoIP client like Mumble, Ventrilo etc offer voice activation which can help with your latency so you're not constantly streaming, and you can change the channel codecs to offer better sound quality. Consumes less in the way of system resources than Skype, too.

Not trying to tell you you're wrong, if Skype works for you that's tip-top. I just can't personally see why such a bloated, featureless, spamware piece of software is so popular. Or even why there are so few alternatives considering how mediocre it is.

I'm not too worried about system resources, you see my rig in my sig... :D

Plus i suppose its a conveience factor. Lots of people have skype.

I just use Steam group chat, gets the job done. VOIP quality is pretty good and I don't need to run anything else outside Steam which I need for most of my games anyways.

Not trying to tell you you're wrong, if Skype works for you that's tip-top. I just can't personally see why such a bloated, featureless, spamware piece of software is so popular. Or even why there are so few alternatives considering how mediocre it is.
I fricking hate live microphones. If you join a channel that I am in on TS3 and you suck at setting your stuff up and have a live mic... welcome to mute.

I can't imagine how annoying it would be with a group of people on Skype.

Fair enough. Just to let you know, nearly every other VoIP client like Mumble, Ventrilo etc offer voice activation which can help with your latency so you're not constantly streaming, and you can change the channel codecs to offer better sound quality. Consumes less in the way of system resources than Skype, too.

I notice a lot less delay between communications with Skype. Vent/TS/Mumble has noticeable delay. If there's an echo in Vent/TS/Mumble, I usually hear it a couple seconds later, Skype I usually hear myself almost as fast as I speak.

Holy crap what's with the lag today? Every server I've joined ha been a huge rubberband fest. Even with a ping of 140 it's been unplayable.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Holy crap what's with the lag today? Every server I've joined ha been a huge rubberband fest. Even with a ping of 140 it's been unplayable.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Last time this happened, there were a bunch of PB bans. Probably pb scanning for losers.

Pretty much how I feel about BC2 at the moment as well. I bought the game at release, as with every other BF title, and played up until about 32. I just started up again about 2 weeks and was amazed how the same issues have plagued the game since launch. As well as the constant CG/grenade spam, 40mm infinite tubing, Wookie squads and C4 choppers/quads taking out MCOM's.

No way in hell I'm picking up BC2V, so this will be probably be my last BF title unless DICE gets their shit together.

Pretty much how I feel about BC2 at the moment as well. I bought the game at release, as with every other BF title, and played up until about 32. I just started up again about 2 weeks and was amazed how the same issues have plagued the game since launch. As well as the constant CG/grenade spam, 40mm infinite tubing, Wookie squads and C4 choppers/quads taking out MCOM's.

No way in hell I'm picking up BC2V, so this will be probably be my last BF title unless DICE gets their shit together.

I feel the exact sentiments. I stopped at 45 about a month ago and just jumped back in because a friend of mine just entered the 21st century with a new computer by retiring his ancient computer. I'm not one who complains a lot, but holy crap the other team on this server I was playing was doing nothing but nade/CG spam and brute forcing their way through every MCOM on Valparisio. They literally never armed a single point and just rocketed/used Bradley on all except B at the last point and even then they made C4 suicide runs on it for a hefty portion of its life. When the rounds switched we managed the same by arming every single one with, as far as I could tell, minimal explosive spam and someone on my team made an interesting comment. "We play with dignity." I just about cracked up laughing.

Battlefield moments, eh? :D

i just sent a few friend request out to some of you guys.
my in game name is Gr.AdmiralThrawn
see you all in game.

Has anyone tried a pistol/knife only server? It's actually pretty fun not having to worry about noob tubes and sniper rifles, and it's easier to work in groups to capture flags.

Has anyone tried a pistol/knife only server? It's actually pretty fun not having to worry about noob tubes and sniper rifles, and it's easier to work in groups to capture flags.

I joined one by accident the other day. Other than a couple quick nade tosses I got used to it pretty quickly and I had a blast. It was hc so it wasn't too bad on the health but I walked away with like 8,000 points and I was in the middle of the pack.

Strategy is completely different and refreshing. Health and ammo is still important, you can go recon and try to "snipe" with a ghillie suit I guess but the fundamentals are whittled down. I recommend it just for a change if not to get better with your backup weapon skills.

I miss the old 2142 pistol/knife servers... you could rank up so fast because you got a lot more points for knife kills. And the defib was awesome...

Back then revives didn't count as deaths either, so I went like 80/2 because I kept getting revived by teammates, it was awesome. Got called a hacker by everyone and the admin comes on and says"No he just keeps getting revived"

Had a pretty good session this afternoon...dispite the game randomly crashing to the desktop. That had me raging because when I tried to get back into my games, they were full. lol :eek:

I have good games, and then I have games where every time I poke my head out, it gets shot off. This game makes me want to punch my screen on occasion....

Friend me by the way. In game name is Drawmonster

I have good games, and then I have games where every time I poke my head out, it gets shot off. This game makes me want to punch my screen on occasion....

Added +1 for getting face shot off by nameless attackers nonstop.

Yeah, I have a rule, if I get killed (usually spawnkilled) about five or six times in a row without firing a shot, I just leave. I know I am not going to have fun.....

People in the game kinda crack me up because they get so upset.... it is just a game to me. I am not getting paid to play, nor do I get any prizes for winning... I just play again.

Anyway, I was playing a few days ago when someone got mad because he kept getting killed by another player who was using a CG. The guy getting killed said "Be a man. Put the Carl Gustav away and use a gun." I thought it was really funny... like something herioc is really going on there.... We are a bunch of people sitting in front of a screen clicking our keyboards and mouses.... be a man? Go join the Fire-fighters!!!

People get way too involved, emotionally - they need to lighthen up! It is just entertainment and nothing more unless (you are really are a pro). It cracks me up!!!

I can't remember: is it the VSS or SVU weapon with red dot that owns face? I ask because I am looking for a new weapon to keep things fresh and the only sniper rifle I have ever used is the M24. Obviously I am not looking to do any long range sniping. Just some bush whacking.

Last edited:
Back