Bad Company 2

I can't remember: is it the VSS or SVU weapon with red dot that owns face? I ask because I am looking for a new weapon to keep things fresh and the only sniper rifle I have ever used is the M24. Obviously I am not looking to do any long range sniping. Just some bush whacking.

The full auto one, VSS.

It's called personal preference, broski.

The gun does go through ammo fast though, does not work if you plan to camp by yourself.

Well, I have hit platinum with my two mid-to-long range weapons of preference (AN94 & M416). My close range weapon of choice is the 870 and I still have to hit platinum with that. I am looking for a new weapon for mid-to-long range encounters. The other day when messing around with the VSS (or the SVU, I can't recall which), I was doing really well with a red dot sight at mid-to-long range, getting a target down in about 2-3 shots. I had magnum ammo on. I can't remember which it was though. It was good fun and plenty of head shots.

It's called personal preference, broski.

The gun does go through ammo fast though, does not work if you plan to camp by yourself.

I'm just talking in terms of versatility; the red dot limits the range at which you can be effective, but with the default scope you can play the same as with the red dot but with the additional advantage of being able to counter-snipe. It's quicker to shoulder too.

This morning I have been playing with the SVU red dot and enjoy it, but want a little more range. Gonna try out the 4x scope on it.

Edit: 4x scope was no good.

Last edited:
I'm just talking in terms of versatility; the red dot limits the range at which you can be effective, but with the default scope you can play the same as with the red dot but with the additional advantage of being able to counter-snipe. It's quicker to shoulder too.

Yeah I don't know. I like being able to see whats around me when scoped in.

Yeah, I have a rule, if I get killed (usually spawnkilled) about five or six times in a row without firing a shot, I just leave. I know I am not going to have fun.....

I have the same rule. Getting killed 5-6 times in a row without a shot fired is not gonna do wonders for your morale and clear thinking. Leave and then find another server. I usually make up for the 5-6 deaths in a row in another server.

I have the same rule. Getting killed 5-6 times in a row without a shot fired is not gonna do wonders for your morale and clear thinking. Leave and then find another server. I usually make up for the 5-6 deaths in a row in another server.

Shouldn't you be in General Hardware?

:p

Yeah I don't know. I like being able to see whats around me when scoped in.

still all a matter of preference, I only zoom with the default scope once I spot an enemy or see some movement in order to take a shot. I hate the idea of being flanked while i'm staring through the scope since I do that all the time to snipers.

still all a matter of preference, I only zoom with the default scope once I spot an enemy or see some movement in order to take a shot. I hate the idea of being flanked while i'm staring through the scope since I do that all the time to snipers.

Thats a nice trick.
wink.gif
Will try it tonight.

My buddy who I've been playing with has converted a console-tard over to PC and hes been playing since Thursday.

This guy's knife skills are ridiculous. I've been playing for months now and have just short of 200 knife kills. Granted I dont knife that much and completely gave it up there for awhile when it wasnt working right.... but he has 90 knife kills since thursday! 1 of which was me >:O and 3 was our other friend we play with. haha

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Lilb3119/dogtags

Last edited:
My buddy who I've been playing with has converted a console-tard over to PC and hes been playing since Thursday.

This guy's knife skills are ridiculous. I've been playing for months now and have just short of 200 knife kills. Granted I dont knife that much and completely gave it up there for awhile when it wasnt working right.... but he has 90 knife kills since thursday! 1 of which was me >:O and 3 was our other friend we play with. haha

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Lilb3119/dogtags

Wanna see someone crazy with the knife?

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/reese_kracus

Almost one for every 2 minutes played. Playing with him is fun, I've learned a lot of knifing tricks.

Last edited:

I love flanking snipers who stay scoped in. Sometimes I come across a group of 3 or more and just knife them one by one. They never see it or hear it coming even though they are right next to each other.

I love flanking snipers who stay scoped in. Sometimes I come across a group of 3 or more and just knife them one by one. They never see it or hear it coming even though they are right next to each other.

Some people just don't pay attention to sound in this game it seems like. I couldn't tell you how many times I've known a guy wasn't alone because the other dude shouted out "SOLDIER DOWN!!" or something. On the other hand, I also couldn't tell you how many times I've saved myself from being knifed/shot in the back because I heard the guy who was with me scream. Sound is important in all FPS games, but with all the audio cues in this one from the characters it's doubly important. Especially to think about the sounds you're making; Is it safe to throw that ammo/health box? Maybe, maybe not. I think one problem is that you can't hear the sounds your own soldier makes.

I wish they would fix this. Fine, let my soldier yell goofy shit. Id just like to know when he does it.

Exactly. Because you don't always yell something out when you throw ammo/health, it would be nice to know when you do and when you don't.

The only thing I can figure is that it allows clients to decide for themselves what the soldiers are yelling out. So my client is told "Health pack thrown by Russian medic", and then my client decides between whatever Russian phrases there are for that or simply nothing at all. It's like the boxes and debris, but with sound, maybe?

I both love and hate that when you kill someone if he has any buddies around they go "OMG DUDE DOWN!". If I'm the one doing the killing hey I know there is another guy close and an approx location. If I am not the one killing I really don't wany my stupid guy to shout to everyone "OMG THAT DUDE OVER THERE JUST DIED - I MUST BE NEXT"

Yep sound is very important! With my X-Fi optical out to HK amp powering my Sennheiser HD595's I get awesome directional sound.

I rarely use the mini map to find the enemy, I mostly use sound of the enemies yelling shit out. I do wish footsteps would be boosted a lil higher... COD2/COD4 had the best directional sound for footsteps, you could pretty much track people through walls with sound, it was awesome.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036199983 said:
Yep sound is very important! With my X-Fi optical out to HK amp powering my Sennheiser HD595's I get awesome directional sound.

I need to figure out how to get REAL surround working in the game. I have onboard 5.1 through coaxial out going to an amp. I went to an empty server and started messing with sound. I would throw a grenade, turn 90 degrees left. One would think that you should only hear the nade blow up in the right speaker. But it plays in both front speakers.

Does this game actually support that kind of sound? I know other games have.

Whoa that was close BC2 thread. Had to save you from the depths of the 2nd page. Dont ever scare me like that again!

Whoa that was close BC2 thread. Had to save you from the depths of the 2nd page. Dont ever scare me like that again!

Is the page sinking because there is nothing left to discuss? The game becoming monotonous due to lack of new content? Wait there that's just me!

I've played this game for I think 150hrs and I still find new, funny, interesting things to discuss. I just brought up a good question about sound a few posts up.

I'd like to see people post entire videos of rounds with fraps. Not just a montage of their best kills.

I've played this game for I think 150hrs and I still find new, funny, interesting things to discuss. I just brought up a good question about sound a few posts up.

I'd like to see people post entire videos of rounds with fraps. Not just a montage of their best kills.

387 hours and you may think differently. ;)

Still great game really enjoyed it, will get back to it with the Vietnam expansion.

Is the page sinking because there is nothing left to discuss? The game becoming monotonous due to lack of new content? Wait there that's just me!

I've only gotten up to lvl 28 and I feel the same. As soon as I play through the SP campaign it's getting uninstalled. I don't see much post game support coming anytime soon, esp with BC:Vietnam on it's way. Which I'm definitely skipping.

I've only gotten up to lvl 28 and I feel the same. As soon as I play through the SP campaign it's getting uninstalled. I don't see much post game support coming anytime soon, esp with BC:Vietnam on it's way. Which I'm definitely skipping.

Totally gonna play the single player campaign this week. I swear.....mostly.

Ok I platinumed the anti-tank mine so I will now divulge my favorite mining places. It is important to note that mines don't have to just be directly rolled over - they do have a short but important proximity trigger.

CONQUEST: Laguna Presa

In front of either base the tank must go through the water, place two mines about 15 feet apart IN the water. Makes me lol a little bit every time I see people throw them down in the middle of the road.

CONQUEST: Atacama Desert

Generally mines are only effective around B however if you place on on the side of the hill facing your original base at both ends of the boat they are usually quite effective. Cant tell you how many times someone going around the back of the boat runs over that hill at full speed to hit my mines.

RUSH: Isla Innocentes (sp?)

As defenders at the first island spawn in first with mines, I know sounds a bit off considering there isn't a tank until you have to fall back to the second set of MCOMs but bare with me. Immediatly run over the left side of the island and cross the channel to the road. Behind the white car sit mines just under the bumper. This will be in the out of bounds zone so be quick. Once those are set run back in bounds then run back again and see the little rock jutting out a bit past the car put two mines there BEHIND the rock but at the edge near the road. Tank ALWAYS has to go past the car and most likely will go down the road past the rock the second time. Granted this method requires you to suicide due to being out of bounds to place the second set of mines but considering you can get up to a 5 kill in a full tank it is worth it to me.

PERSONAL FAVORITE SPOT
RUSH: Arica Harbor

Defending spwan in with mines in your base. Now run to the back where the double chain link gates are - DO NOT DESTROY THEM - they help camoflage the mines. Look to the right to the single gate and knife it and go behind. You will be out of bounds but if you walk up to the 2 main gates you pop back in if you need more time. Look at the little notch the metal pillars and the concrete slabs make there at the edge of the gates. You can put a mine in each nook that is not visible to a vehicle going through them. This RARELY fails and is pretty much a guaranteed 250+ point kill.

Now on the Second set of MCOM's as defender run up the hill just below that construction house is a couple of weeds on the left side of the road. Put a mine or two in there at the base of the plant. Then run back into town and see the concrete barrier next across from the dumpster next to the A MCOM garage, place two mines behind that with their edges next to the road where a vehicle wil not see them but will make them go off via proximity.

RUSH: Laguna Presa

This is dirty but spawn in with mines and run immediately to the peninsula. Don't be like the other goobers putting mines in the little harbor near the dock it is useless, run out to the hill and run off the side and place 3 mines about 10' apart in the channel where it is narrowist and wait for the KABOOM.

On the second set of MCOM's put them on the down side of the hill coming into B but put them in the bushes next to the road not on the road. Also put some about 20 ' abpart in the center of the water channel.

I need to figure out how to get REAL surround working in the game. I have onboard 5.1 through coaxial out going to an amp. I went to an empty server and started messing with sound. I would throw a grenade, turn 90 degrees left. One would think that you should only hear the nade blow up in the right speaker. But it plays in both front speakers.

Does this game actually support that kind of sound? I know other games have.
Sounds like you need to "configure" your Windows sound device. When I play on the secondary system in my basement it feels like a barrel full of whoop ass and I hear and feel every bit of the 5.1 audio in this game.
DSCF2604.jpg

I have been meaning to do this for a long time.....I will do this tomorrow and post some videos....

Ok I platinumed the anti-tank mine so I will now divulge my favorite mining places. It is important to note that mines don't have to just be directly rolled over

Ummm, screenshots??

Sounds like you need to "configure" your Windows sound device. When I play on the secondary system in my basement it feels like a barrel full of whoop ass and I hear and feel every bit of the 5.1 audio in this game.
DSCF2604.jpg

I have been meaning to do this for a long time.....I will do this tomorrow and post some videos....

I get 5.1 surround, what I'm missing is the TRUE directional sound. You can verify that you hear sounds in the correct speakers? If a nade blows up behind you, I do not want to hear it in the front speakers. Is this achievable?

So that when I kill someone and i hear a nearby enemy yel "MAN DOWN!" I know exactly what direction hes in. ;)

LOL so I just got permanently banned from "The Whiskey Room". Apparently my ~15/4 score was too great for the admin to believe so he banned me. Just said "punkbuster permanent ban "H4XonM4X... nice name"(admin decision)". God I hate stupid admins that assume you are hacking because you are better than them, even though I only had a 3:1 ratio lol. Thank god it was a 32man server, which I almost never play.

I've had plenty of rounds where i've had awesome kdr's. But my name doesnt ellude to being a hacker.

I've had plenty of rounds where i've had awesome kdr's. But my name doesnt ellude to being a hacker.

my thoughts as well. you should expect jumpy admins to ban you with a name like that...regardless if it's right or wrong.

Same. I will occasionally ride a server like seabiscuit, but I don't do anything or say anything that eludes to being a hacker. It's usually people that are to obvious or vocal with their skillz.

But, it does happen, nothing you can do but go somewhere else.

Well the game wouldn't allow the SN I'm using here, which is what I usually use. The h4x was my alternate from when I played source games. I would get called a hacker all the time, so I used that as a joke. If I had known I couldn't change my name later, yes I would have chosen something else. But I'm 43 now, so its not even worth starting a new character just to change the name. Would just be nice if people watched me play instead of assuming. Is there even a spectate mode in this game? I have yet to be able to move the camera.

I get 5.1 surround, what I'm missing is the TRUE directional sound. You can verify that you hear sounds in the correct speakers? If a nade blows up behind you, I do not want to hear it in the front speakers. Is this achievable?

So that when I kill someone and i hear a nearby enemy yel "MAN DOWN!" I know exactly what direction hes in. ;)

Yup fully directional. For instance when a helo flies past I get the same front to back panning that I get if watching a movie. Have you verified your windows audio settings? Sounds like your receiver is just getting 2 channel PCM and matrixing the otehr channels, which can sound a lot like discrete 5.1 or 7.1 but it is not.

Back