Avowed (Obsidian RPG)

Oddly nice of them to avoid STALKER 2 & have a more open time to shine with their own release whenever that may be.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Game Director Carrie Patel took part in an interview at Gamescom 2024 with IGN where she spoke about Avowed's endings...so far, the Avowed possible endings have reached the double digits, giving the game plenty of replayability, especially for the completionists...


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPvOB0cDZI
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Oh god, that looks terrific. Much better than I anticipated. I loved every minute of The Outer Worlds, so this game goes to the top of my list for next year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I suppose the more launchers the better on Battletnet or trying to tap the Warcraft Crowd. Just looked it up on Steam another $69.95 game. The game is 89.95 in Poland guess they have reason to complain.
 
Last edited:
So is this similar to Oblivion or Skyrim where you can just kind of play however you want and do what you want, or is it more linear like a tradditional RPG?
 
So is this similar to Oblivion or Skyrim where you can just kind of play however you want and do what you want, or is it more linear like a tradditional RPG?
Obsidian said they learned a lot of things from The Outer Worlds, in particular the narrative advantage of having smaller, isolated levels, rather than a huge open world.

So less like Skyrim and more like The Outer Worlds as fantasy rather than sci-fi.
 
Seems like this will be the Dragon Age people were looking for. Not exactly the same as it isn't a party based game, but neither is the new DA. TOW was kind of a blend of Fallout and Mass Effect, which I think worked well. If this is polished more I may be interested in it even though I don't like fantasy RPGs much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Seems like this will be the Dragon Age people were looking for. Not exactly the same as it isn't a party based game, but neither is the new DA. TOW was kind of a blend of Fallout and Mass Effect, which I think worked well. If this is polished more I may be interested in it even though I don't like fantasy RPGs much.
This is a western RPG, not a CRPG, and it's not grim dark fantasy.
 
We played Avowed with both first-person and third-person cameras: Here's what we thought

I really don't like the third-person mode...I think it's always been the inferior way to play Bethesda's RPGs and others in the same style, and that holds true here...the world feels designed to be seen from a first-person perspective, with all sorts of visual details much easier to appreciate that way...and ultimately the third person animations just don't look as good as the first-person ones—in third-person, your character looks oddly floaty and doll-like...

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/w...d-third-person-cameras-heres-what-we-thought/
 
Going to unsub from PC Gamer magazine because I know Robin Valentine doesn't know anything. He was Editor n Chief but got demoted.
 
Going to unsub from PC Gamer magazine because I know Robin Valentine doesn't know anything. He was Editor n Chief but got demoted.
Their content is really hit or miss. I can’t stand their politics - just leave that stuff out of gaming. But they still have the best news feed for pc gaming by quite a margin, so it’s difficult not to visit their site regularly.
 
1732557044252.png
 
It’s going to be a part of gaming for a while, like it or not. We can complain about it in every thread, but in doing so we’ll just make ourselves very miserable.

And no I don’t support it and no I’m not responsible for it so save your anger.
 
It’s going to be a part of gaming for a while, like it or not. We can complain about it in every thread, but in doing so we’ll just make ourselves very miserable.

And no I don’t support it and no I’m not responsible for it so save your anger.
You bought failgaurd and sing it's praises even though it's objectively a bad game, you support it.

I am quickly losing interest in this game which is sad because it was top of my list.
 
You bought failgaurd and sing it's praises even though it's objectively a bad game, you support it.

What does this have to do with what I said?

Nothing.

(Also, look up possessive s)
 
Last edited:
Obsidian is a solid developer so hopefully they can deliver another winner...I'll wait for reviews
 
You bought failgaurd and sing it's praises even though it's objectively a bad game, you support it.
I am now convinced this dude is either an alternative account to Polonyc2 or an industry astroturfer. In any event, he has significantly contributed to two threads getting locked or deleted because of his bullshit. The way things are going its only a matter of time until it happens to this thread as well.
 
It’s going to be a part of gaming for a while, like it or not. We can complain about it in every thread, but in doing so we’ll just make ourselves very miserable.

And no I don’t support it and no I’m not responsible for it so save your anger.
Nobody was complaining about anything. I simply posted a picture. What people take from it is their own responsibility.
 
Back
Top