Auria EQ276W review ($399 27" 2560x1440 IPS)

Here is the link,http://www.overlordcomputer.com/Overlord_Computer_Overclock_PCB_Set_p/ovrld_pcb.htm he's pretty sure that the PCB will work. I live in CA and they have no stock, I was going to order online in the morning.

Both his monitor and the MC are identical except for the inputs.

The only thing that bothers me about that is the price. Your monitor price plus another $200. They have one on their site, the Overlord Tempest X270OC - Grade A for Our Price: $529.99. You are going to be a good a mount over that from the original monitor price plus the pcb board.
Then there is no guarantee that your monitor will be a good overclocker. Unlike the one they are selling. Where it seems to be a 50/50 chance.

As soon as I hear back from them. I'll update the thread with the information.You could send the monitor to them and let them flash it. But that will take a little while. Hopefully they will release a public firmware update. This would be the best interest for them as well as the end users that have the older firmware.

Well this morning my MC had them instock...so I'm off to pick it up in a hour or so. I'm not so worried about the AGC, just concerned about the bios thing...will try and get a Feb build I guess.

Was at MC at Tustin last night, they have a whole bunch of glossies in stock.

How do you know they are glossy ?

If the box has a plastic handle in the middle of the top panel, glossy. If it has two perforated cardboard cutouts of the sides for your hands, AG. Same SKU, model number, all that stuff. The microcenter employees didn't know until a customer returned one and wanted to make sure his next one was glossy.
Code:
From OCN^

Mine had the handle and it was glossy. I don't have any issues with mine.

Last edited:
How do you know they are glossy ?

Opened it there.

If the box has a plastic handle in the middle of the top panel, glossy. If it has two perforated cardboard cutouts of the sides for your hands, AG. Same SKU, model number, all that stuff. The microcenter employees didn't know until a customer returned one and wanted to make sure his next one was glossy.
Code:
From OCN^

Mine had the handle and it was glossy. I don't have any issues with mine.

The boxes has cardboard cutouts on the side but it is glossy.

I did not go back through the 19 pages but I do own one of these monitors. For some reason it doesnt display my bios and on top of that, if i install my video card drivers with this monitor hooked up, it causes my pc(in sig) to black screen then hang. Does this effect anyone else?

Edit: I can't even switch SLI on/off without it hanging.

I did not go back through the 19 pages but I do own one of these monitors. For some reason it doesnt display my bios and on top of that, if i install my video card drivers with this monitor hooked up, it causes my pc(in sig) to black screen then hang. Does this effect anyone else?

Edit: I can't even switch SLI on/off without it hanging.

This thread has some good information in it. You should read through it. I highly doubt your monitor has anything to do with your sli though. What hookup are you using for the sli?

Code:
Your answer
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039640294&postcount=347

This thread has some good information in it. You should read through it. I highly doubt your monitor has anything to do with your sli though. What hookup are you using for the sli?

Code:
Your answer
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039640294&postcount=347

Ill go back and read when I get a little time, at work right now. My sli is hooked up to the auria using the DVI. I have a tv also plugged in a second monitor.

The issue occurs when doing anything with my nvidia drivers, whether installing, updating, or changing the SLI profile. It only occurs when I use this Auria, does not occur if I only use my tv. Although I did not try different wires..

I ordered on line, the guy at the store said that they all have the cardboard cut outs and have the AG coating now which doesn't really bother me. he did say they should have the latest firmware though.

The Microcenter in Tustin has two EVGA Titans IN STOCK.....I was tempted, just cant justify it.

You know what, I was in your boat as well. I contacted them but I didn't want to have to send my monitor in, so I went another route. If you use the display port interface you'll get post. It only skips the signal during post if you use DVI, HDMI or VGA. Why it does it, no clue but at least I didn't have to send in my monitor.

That said I do plan on getting another but I wonder if they are shipping newer units with the updated firmware.

I actually couldn't get it to POST, BIOS/UEFI with displayport (nvidia 670 with a Asus x79 Sabertooth). Is there a way to update the monitor firmware without sending it out to them? would like to try if I can.

I actually couldn't get it to POST, BIOS/UEFI with displayport (nvidia 670 with a Asus x79 Sabertooth). Is there a way to update the monitor firmware without sending it out to them? would like to try if I can.
when did you buy it? the MC dude told me that the new ones should have the new firmware, they came in last night in Tustin.

bought it over a month ago before checking this thread. I have cosmetic issues with the current monitor I have, but Microcenter sent an AG replacement that I couldn't live with.

bought it over a month ago before checking this thread. I have cosmetic issues with the current monitor I have, but Microcenter sent an AG replacement that I couldn't live with.
Wife went and picked mine up for me, its perfect...its AG but I'm in a room with a lot of lights and windows.

It booted up fine I saw the bios and can get into safe mode and thats with a GTS 450 @ 2560x1440, DVI (my kids card) mine will be here tomorrow.

I cant believe what I've been missing all these years....just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I got a near perfect panel...just waiting on info if the PCB will work....my panel was made in Nov 2012, not the whole monitor just the panel. Some of the Korean models are from 2009 and on.

Hey did the Tustin MC have any used ones on sale. What was the cheapest price for the monitor open boxed. My max for a monitor is $300 so I can go up to $350 for these plus I have to pay tax. Is there a picture on the AG coating monitor and a glossy next to each other?

Hey did the Tustin MC have any used ones on sale. What was the cheapest price for the monitor open boxed. My max for a monitor is $300 so I can go up to $350 for these plus I have to pay tax. Is there a picture on the AG coating monitor and a glossy next to each other?

If you want to see the glossy, go to the Mac area, they have one attached to a Mac.

Anyone using this monitor on a Mac Mini or other mac with MDP? Can I just get a cheap MDP to Displayport cable and get full resolution? Or will I have to get an expensive Dual Link DVI to MDP adapter?

Well then by all means, don't hold your feelings back on it then.

Currently waiting on SKL1 to get the pcb in and test it. Hopefully the reply will be great on it.

I opened it up and sent a pic of the sticker inside over to Overloard, just waiting to find out if the PCB's are compatible.

well my unit is not the glossy one it came in the cardboard handcuout box and I had to use the supplied dvi cable to work my original cable didnt work with this monitor.

well my unit is not the glossy one it came in the cardboard handcuout box and I had to use the supplied dvi cable to work my original cable didnt work with this monitor.
I used the big fat 24 AWG DVI cable I bought from Monoprice, I works fine but was a pain to hook it up.

Do you have a NV card and able to see your bios at post ?

How's the input lag on this monitor? Curious if it would be good for gaming, and how it stacks up to the Ebay Korean 1440p ones.

So what's the scoop on the coating? AG? Glossy? Are the new ones bad or worse?

Does anybody know if MC has a good return policy for stuck/dead pixels? I would be ordering off the website.

TIA

How's the input lag on this monitor? Curious if it would be good for gaming, and how it stacks up to the Ebay Korean 1440p ones.

Does anybody know if MC has a good return policy for stuck/dead pixels? I would be ordering off the website.

TIA

MC has 14 days no questions asked on electronics.

I opened it up and sent a pic of the sticker inside over to Overloard, just waiting to find out if the PCB's are compatible.

Can you post the pictures? I'm curious exactly what model number LG panel is inside the AG version of this monitor. Also curious what scaler chipset they are using. Thanks.

I've been using my auria for about two weeks, loving every second of it.

I was able to overclock the monitor to 75hz, but it seemed less fluid to me than 60hz so I'm back to default. Wondering if anyone else had tried this, and experienced what I did. Its plugged in to a GTX 680 SC via displayport.

TIA

Anybody have any input? Whats' the scoop on this latest AG coating? Does it ruin the monitor?

Anybody have any input? Whats' the scoop on this latest AG coating? Does it ruin the monitor?
Cant say about input lag, waiting on my GPU (usps:rolleyes:) as for the AG, it doesn't bother me at all as I"m in a well lit area.

Last edited:
When a monitor has multiple connections as this one it will have lag. As it has HDMI, VGA, DVI and Display Port. And some people notice lag more then others. If there is something specific you would like tested post a reply.

I've been using my auria for about two weeks, loving every second of it.

I was able to overclock the monitor to 75hz, but it seemed less fluid to me than 60hz so I'm back to default. Wondering if anyone else had tried this, and experienced what I did. Its plugged in to a GTX 680 SC via displayport.
Can you explain more in detail about 75hz being less fluid?

When a monitor has multiple connections as this one it will have lag. As it has HDMI, VGA, DVI and Display Port. And some people notice lag more then others. If there is something specific you would like tested post a reply.

DP ver 1.2 is the best of all.

Can you explain more in detail about 75hz being less fluid?

Sure. When in 1440p 60hz, the my mouse tracks smooth across the screen. Its a quick and dirty test - just moving at a smooth controlled pace from right to left/top to bottom.

When the Auria is set to 75hz, running the same test I could not get the same smooth movement. It almost felt as if the frames are lost or something (Clearly I have no technical expertise at this, so take it for what its worth). At first I though I had been careless and changed the DPI settings on the mouse (G9x) but when I double checked, the setting was as I had left it. To be honest I cant complain because it isnt rated to run at 75hz. But I was really hoping it would work.

I had originally picked this up with the plans of upgrading to a 120hz version, but my experience with this panel has my wondering if the panels that OC that high suffer from the same thing. I dont even necessarily want the gaming aspect of 120hz, I just love the smoothness of operation on the desktop- my eyes felt much better when I was on my trusty AW2310.

When the Auria is set to 75hz, running the same test I could not get the same smooth movement. It almost felt as if the frames are lost or something

yes, that's exactly it. the monitor is accepting a 75hz input, but is only driving the panel at 60hz, and drops the extra frames. thus the jerkiness in mouse movement.

I had originally picked this up with the plans of upgrading to a 120hz version

do you mean replacing the controller board with one capable of 120hz? these will drive the panel at the input refresh, so no dropped frames. there'd be no point otherwise.

Back