Auria EQ276W review ($399 27" 2560x1440 IPS)

Just picked this monitor up yesterday and its amazing. I was running a 22" 1680x1050 monitor before. As for my videocard, I am running a 6950. I tried BF2, Planetside 2, and WOW. All look great. Going to try some PS3/Xbox tonight and see how that looks.

I found about 15 stuck pixels so I will have to return this bastard and grab a perfect one yet:) But I'm planning on to keep this thing for sure

MY FINAL Thoughts:
1. No input lag (BF3 tested) when running side-by-side with my old I-INC's 2ms monitor.

B.S. I had to return mine due to the terrible input lag. This is black ops II lag on the one I returned. I never dipped under 60fps so my input lag can not be blamed on fps drops.

http://youtu.be/bK-EX2s_PRg

I just picked one of these up on Saturday at the MN store. Not sure if it's all of them, or just a few, but the one I got is AG, not glossy.

I saw at least one other person on another forum who got an AG panel, as well.

The AG is pretty agressive, too.

The panel I got seems to be clear of other issues. Uniformity is decent, BLB is minimal, IPS glow is moderate, but not much worse than the smaller Dell untils I've had in the past. I've not noticed any stuck pixels yet, either (though I haven't done a test yet).

Not sure yet if I want to play the odds for another panel (hoping for glossy and risking either a bad panel, or even more agressive AG), stand pat and deal with the AG, or return it and buy something else.

Regardless, I thought folks might want heads up that there's at least a chance they'll draw an AG panel if they buy an EQ276W.

are you sure you have this exact model because they have another 27 inch auria that is a cheaper TN panel. Weird they would just have a couple random AG panels in there?

Now that I think of it though lol, it could be a good tactic, you have an AG lottery, people who know about AG will pick through the displays, those who dont will just take whatever the store gives them like 90% of the public does lol.

Labels on both box and monitor say it's an EQ276W, and it's definately an IPS panel.

I'lll have to give Microcenter a call and see what they say.

B.S. I had to return mine due to the terrible input lag. This is black ops II lag on the one I returned. I never dipped under 60fps so my input lag can not be blamed on fps drops.

http://youtu.be/bK-EX2s_PRg

I watched the video but I don't quite see the problem.... but then again not sitting in front of the thing.

Oh, and is that using displayport or dvi or hdmi input? The reviews on the microcenter page say displayport is the best way to go for no lag (and to get the bios screen), noted dvi and hdmi both had some lag.

I got an Auria yesterday and it looks like it has a heavy AG filter on it. Anyone buy from the Houston location get a glossy screen? Trying to see if I can exchange for a glossy.

All of these monitors are now AG. If your box has a plastic handle in the middle of the top panel, glossy. If it has two perforated cardboard cutouts of the sides for your hands, AG. Same SKU, model number, all that stuff. The microcenter employees didn't know until a customer returned one and wanted to make sure his next one was glossy. We checked like 10 of them. all AG. Unknown if this is temp or if these will all be AG from now on. Might want to contact Auria Support.

Lame.

so what is the consensus here? are these awesome or just good? any concerns? I take it the glossy ones are better?

Anyone with the Anti-glare version of this monitor run into color issues with the monitor? When running this dead pixel test. I haven't seen it on other anti-glare monitors, so i'm wondering if the one i picked up is just a dud.

thanks!

I was about to order this from microcenter online when people on slickdeals mentioned AG coatings and now we have them here too. I already have a dell with a strong AG coating, don't want another one. What I'd like is a light coating like the samsung VA panel I had contained. Why can't these companies get this right....

Haha dang I feel for you guys. I guess you still have Overlord or Monoprice for US-based retailers right?
Though Monoprice is 'notify' towards late-March hrmm.

My question is to those who had said they had terrible input lag. Did you have a glossy or matte screen? Seems they are completely different panels when it comes to response time, so it's within the realm to think they'll be different when it comes to input lag as well.

It was proposed on another thread that the new AG auria's might be A+ versions that LG decided to liquidate, as Dell has changed panels. I like the thought of that. It would also explain why there has been less issues with the AG version. I'm picking mine up Monday at the latest.

Dumb question: why would the anti-glare coating be worse than the glossy coating? Does it mute colors or worsen details?

Dumb question: why would the anti-glare coating be worse than the glossy coating? Does it mute colors or worsen details?

The AG coating can cause a grainy look, especially in lighter colors (dirty whites and such). Some people hate it, some people don't mind it. In a light controlled room I don't think many argue glossy isn't "better", the argument is over how much.

All of these monitors are now AG. If your box has a plastic handle in the middle of the top panel, glossy. If it has two perforated cardboard cutouts of the sides for your hands, AG. Same SKU, model number, all that stuff. The microcenter employees didn't know until a customer returned one and wanted to make sure his next one was glossy. We checked like 10 of them. all AG. Unknown if this is temp or if these will all be AG from now on. Might want to contact Auria Support.

Lame.

Mine is glossy and the box didn't have the plastic handle. Bought it about a month ago at the Columbus store.

"They had one of these panels on display at my "local" Micro Center and the sales guy let me play with it extensively. I was extremely impressed. I ran a pixel test and found no dead pixels and couldn't see any significant back light bleed. Colors were excellent.

I did detect just a hint of input lag, which surprised me. (The salesman actually let me play a brief game on it.) I am not usually susceptible to input lag. For me, it was not a deal-breaker. I don't play many FPS games and can only see it being an issue if you are a serious, hardcore FPS player. (I am a big RTS/MOBA player.)

The only reason this monitor didn't come home with me is they had a Dell 2713hm open box for $50 more. That one came home with me instead.

I should note: I experience the exact same amount of input lag on my Dell that I did on the Auria. This very-unscientific-and-totally-self-biased test told me the lag was a factor of IPS displays in general (or possibly the scalers in these displays) than the Auria itself.

I picked up one of these today from my local Microcenter. I am very impressed with the quality of this monitor. I went into the store today to find a reason not to buy it and for the money I couldn't find one. I came home and hooked mine and I have zero dead pixels and very little backlight bleed.

Finally got the firmware issue solved with helping "Auria". Sent in my monitor to get the firmware updated. Now I get boot info with all my Nvidia video cards now. No more swapping from dvi to vga when needing to enter the bios. All the new monitors should now have this firmware installed when leaving Auria.

Let me know if yours doesn't post when using a Nvidia card. Thanks

Finally got the firmware issue solved with helping "Auria". Sent in my monitor to get the firmware updated. Now I get boot info with all my Nvidia video cards now. No more swapping from dvi to vga when needing to enter the bios. All the new monitors should now have this firmware installed when leaving Auria.

Let me know if yours doesn't post when using a Nvidia card. Thanks

You know what, I was in your boat as well. I contacted them but I didn't want to have to send my monitor in, so I went another route. If you use the display port interface you'll get post. It only skips the signal during post if you use DVI, HDMI or VGA. Why it does it, no clue but at least I didn't have to send in my monitor.

That said I do plan on getting another but I wonder if they are shipping newer units with the updated firmware.

They was pretty fast getting the monitor back to me. As they shipped it back out the same day. If they would just release a public firmware upgrade that would be great. Far as I know all the new monitors are using the new firmware. I will call them and ask if they have anew code on the box for the firmware to let us know what firmware is on the monitor.

They was pretty fast getting the monitor back to me. As they shipped it back out the same day. If they would just release a public firmware upgrade that would be great. Far as I know all the new monitors are using the new firmware. I will call them and ask if they have anew code on the box for the firmware to let us know what firmware is on the monitor.

Did you happen to get a new stand for the monitor? Been looking for one but haven't settled on one just yet. The original stand is very weak and only tilt ;(

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just picked one of these up and i'm VERY impressed! I'm primarily an FPS gamer but don't mind the lag. The games just look so gorgeous i overlook it. For 400 bucks i don't think you can do better. I was going to buy an Overlord but decided it wasn't worth the extra money. I do have a question though...is there any advantages of hooking this monitor up through a displayport cable instead of the dual-link dvi cable?

Just picked one of these up and i'm VERY impressed! I'm primarily an FPS gamer but don't mind the lag. The games just look so gorgeous i overlook it. For 400 bucks i don't think you can do better. I was going to buy an Overlord but decided it wasn't worth the extra money. I do have a question though...is there any advantages of hooking this monitor up through a displayport cable instead of the dual-link dvi cable?

Well you can't really compare it to a overlord display. Since those do 110/120Hz on those displays. Overclocked but still the Auria is 60Hz and most I seen them hit was around 70/72Hz roughly. I guess depends on if you feel the need to overclock your monitor.

Display port no large cables and allows you to use other ports for Nvidia surround. If you have one laying around then go for it. If you are just using one, a Dual Link DVI will work just fine. Heck, even a HDMI cable will also work. Just entirely up to you in what you are going to use it for.

So this monitor wont display any bios or is it just at start up....also what about safe mode. kind of a pain to send it to get fixed, i will be using dual link DVI and adding a new PCB.

You can try a display port. I didn't have one at the time. Only other option you have is to use a vga cable with a dvi adapter to get into the bios. As it stands it works fine with ATI cards, it just has issues with Nvidia cards.

Perhaps your pcb may fix the issue with the monitor. I'm waiting for a email back about anything numbers/codes to tell what firmware is on the monitor though.

You can try a display port. I didn't have one at the time. Only other option you have is to use a vga cable with a dvi adapter to get into the bios. As it stands it works fine with ATI cards, it just has issues with Nvidia cards.

Perhaps your pcb may fix the issue with the monitor. I'm waiting for a email back about anything numbers/codes to tell what firmware is on the monitor though.
I live in CA so its not really that far for me. Don't understand why we cant update the firmware ourselves :confused: I've never used display port, will I be able to get 110 or 120hz with it ? I really don't think I will need to get into the bios for a while but safe mode is a different story.

Also can you give me the info to get the firmware please.

Last edited:
All I know is all the monitors release in FEB 2013 will automatically have the latest firmware. Good thing about MC is you can test the monitor in there. I would take a gpu with you and use it and see if it post.

Could you give me a url link for the overlords pcb board? So I can go check it out.

All I know is all the monitors release in FEB 2013 will automatically have the latest firmware. Good thing about MC is you can test the monitor in there. I would take a gpu with you and use it and see if it post.

Could you give me a url link for the overlords pcb board? So I can go check it out.
Here is the link,http://www.overlordcomputer.com/Overlord_Computer_Overclock_PCB_Set_p/ovrld_pcb.htm he's pretty sure that the PCB will work. I live in CA and they have no stock, I was going to order online in the morning.

Both his monitor and the MC are identical except for the inputs.

Last edited:

So this is confirmed? I've been trying to get POST BIOS/UEFI to display with my setup (Asus Sabertooth x79 to MSI Nvidia 670 displayport direct to monitor), updated bios, vbios, contacted both MSI and Asus to no avail. Would love to find a solution to this issue.

Back