• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATi Planning Super RV770?

wonder how much that will be........

waits for Diamond BIOS to show up lol :p
 
Good bye GTX 280, lol. With those clocks, it will definately be better on average than that.
 
Help me understand this... They're going to release these cards, but only in pre-built outrageously overpriced custom made PC's ???
Am i missing here something, or the guy who made this decision is high on something, Why don't they release the card to the general public and let overclockers show everybody what these cards can really do to their full potential.
 
Help me understand this... They're going to release these cards, but only in pre-built outrageously overpriced custom made PC's ???
Am i missing here something, or the guy who made this decision is high on something, Why don't they release the card to the general public and let overclockers show everybody what these cards can really do to their full potential.

It will eventually hit e-tail. Read below:

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8213&Itemid=1
 
Thanks for the link BX :)

Man, those clocks are crazy... I wonder how far some people are really going to dare to push them.
 
As i've said elsewhere, they really should consider making a RV770XTX or 4890 or whatever SKU. Have it clocked at 850 core, 1100 mem, 1GB RAM, and price it at $399 or so and that thing will fly. Probably be way close to the GTX280 at much lower the cost and maybe even give ATI the single GPU performance crown.
 
Be bad for us though, would mean more binning and our 4850s and 4870s would have less chance of clocking well.
 
Thanks for the link BX :)

Man, those clocks are crazy... I wonder how far some people are really going to dare to push them.
wait till the guys at XS get their volt mods going with some pelts. I bet we see 1.5ghz
 
With a BIOS flash I was running stable at 870/4500 (core/ram effective, 1125) just fine for 15 mins or so at 30% fan, got a little toasty so I re-flashed at the time with the truncated BIOS, the rest is history... :p. I tried 850/4400 and it IS stable at 45% fan it seems, but I had issues with the fan controller with the edited BIOS so I flashed back to stock and am running with CCC Overdrive 790/4400 for now until RivaTuner/etc. are updated. These things have LOTS of headroom.
 
AMD is really putting the heat (no pun intended) on the Nvidia 200 GTX cards with the 4000 card series.
 
With a BIOS flash I was running stable at 870/4500 (core/ram effective, 1125) just fine for 15 mins or so at 30% fan, got a little toasty so I re-flashed at the time with the truncated BIOS, the rest is history... :p. I tried 850/4400 and it IS stable at 45% fan it seems, but I had issues with the fan controller with the edited BIOS so I flashed back to stock and am running with CCC Overdrive 790/4400 for now until RivaTuner/etc. are updated. These things have LOTS of headroom.
very cool. were those BIOS mods bumping up the vgpu? If not, we could use the xml hack to set those clock speeds, right?
 
very cool. were those BIOS mods bumping up the vgpu? If not, we could use the xml hack to set those clock speeds, right?

You can't overclock through the xml, that's just for the fan. As far as the voltage, I believe it doesn't affect the card, but no I didn't edit it during those tests.
 
You can't overclock through the xml, that's just for the fan. As far as the voltage, I believe it doesn't affect the card, but no I didn't edit it during those tests.
I didn't do it yet, but I'm pretty sure you can OC through the XML. I did it with 3870s back in the day.

Check your XML file out. It contains clock speed settings.
 
I didn't do it yet, but I'm pretty sure you can OC through the XML. I did it with 3870s back in the day.

Check your XML file out. It contains clock speed settings.

I checked it out and while it does contain clock settings, anything over the normal Catalyst OverDrive slider numbers won't actually take effect when reloading the profile, it just stays at the last setting, and any valid numbers won't load unless they're within the range on the slider. Good idea, but no dice unfortunately :(.
 
I checked it out and while it does contain clock settings, anything over the normal Catalyst OverDrive slider numbers won't actually take effect when reloading the profile, it just stays at the last setting, and any valid numbers won't load unless they're within the range on the slider. Good idea, but no dice unfortunately :(.
Interesting. I was able to successfully OC past the limits of the Catalyst slider when I had a 3870X2 + 3870 config. I'll play with it tonight.
 
I hope this would be true, I mentioned about it before, it would be great if they really make the card.
 
Back
Top