ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread

I don't see why would they release Pro. They got X99-A, X99-S and X99 Deluxe. -S is the equivalent of Pro - both in price and features. X99-S has everything X99 Deluxe has, except the Hyper M.2 card and extra fan/temp sensor board.

No X99-S in North America. X99-Pro will be carried in North America.

I am using a Vcore of 1.33 with a 34 multiplier to achieve 4.327ghz. I am using the XMP DDR4-2800 profile. I have SpeedStep and Anit-Surge turned off and all other settings are stock or auto. This setting has run for more than 24 hours with zero issues at 100% load for half of that time. This is all on 0801.

No issues with 0904 and overclocking.

My now uninstalled motherboard suggests otherwise. It was barely stable at stock clocks. I had no issues with the board until the 0904 flash. New board is on 0801 and it works great.

Some kind of setting issue on your side I suspect.

Think so? Interesting. Since I set the two boards to the same settings, the board running 0801 works great and the 0904 board resets randomly. Even running BIOS defaults on the 0904 caused random resets. Yeah, sounds like something I did. Especially considering that prior to 0904 that very same board ran trouble free.

Nobody else has reported this (plenty of positive feedback on the 0904 build) - so have to put it down to freak occurrence or setup issue :)

Last edited:
I am using a Vcore of 1.33 with a 34 multiplier to achieve 4.327ghz. I am using the XMP DDR4-2800 profile. I have SpeedStep and Anit-Surge turned off and all other settings are stock or auto. This setting has run for more than 24 hours with zero issues at 100% load for half of that time. This is all on 0801.

4.3GHz at 1.33V is a bad result for me.
1.33V is a huge voltage for only 4.3GHz.

Some kind of setting issue on your side I suspect.

Nobody else has reported this (plenty of positive feedback on the 0904 build) - so have to put it down to freak occurrence or setup issue :)

Do you consider good 4.3GHz at 1.33V?
I can't be stable at 4.2GHz with a 5930K under 1.280V.
Is this good?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand with the RVE is the PCI-E lane configuration for 3 GPUs. Why is it x16 x8 x8 versus the expected x16 x8 x16 like on the Deluxe or the RIVE, which both have the same number of PCI-E lanes for the 40-lane CPUs? Because of this I'm thinking the X99-E WS may be a better choice for more than 2 GPU configs.

4.3GHz at 1.33V is a bad result for me.
1.33V is a huge voltage for only 4.3GHz.

It's certainly not great, but I think my processor is one of the less than stellar overclockers. I tried to push it to 4.45ghz, but even at 1.4v it just wasn't remotely stable. It's fine for me as it is still more performance than I was getting from my 3930K. At least it is stable and temperatures are very manageable.

Helping my friend out with a build and we are testing out the Rampage V Extreme. When we install ram into A1 and C1 the machine boots up just fine. We run into the 6F boot issue when installing ram into B1 and D1. When I do the safe boot or memtest I only then see 12GB out of the possible 16GB. I have the Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800 Memory (4x 4GB).

Welp, might be a bad stick as it seems B1 and D1 do work. Just one particular stick is causing the 6F issues.

Welp, might be a bad stick as it seems B1 and D1 do work. Just one particular stick is causing the 6F issues.

That code is likely bF. If running default settings re-seat the CPU. Update to the latest UEFI build if you have not already as well. Also check Corsair programmed that kit correctly - there are some Corsair kits in the wild that have not been programmed with XMP so need to be RMA'd.

UEFI 0705:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnQVRNYmJDcU9SV0E/edit?usp=sharing

-Raja.

Last edited:
The one in the OP is a beta. The 0705 build is a public build (not quite the same as 0007)

That code is likely bF. If running default settings re-seat the CPU. Update to the latest UEFI build if you have not already as well. Also check COrsair programmed that kit correctly - there are some Corsair kits in the wild that have not been programmed with XMP so need to be RMA'd.

UEFI 0705:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnQVRNYmJDcU9SV0E/edit?usp=sharing

-Raja.

Ok I reseated the cpu and I will load up this bios. Right now I re-seated the CPU twice and only 3 dimm slots like to work. Could it be the cpu? Board? or Ram?

Ok I reseated the cpu and I will load up this bios. Right now I re-seated the CPU twice and only 3 dimm slots like to work. Could it be the cpu? Board? or Ram?

If you have isolated a single stick as the cause then its not the board or CPU. Try the "faulty" DIMM in other slots and on its own and see if it is picked up.

So could be that dimm module though I moved around the ram and sctually got it to boot once with 16gb. Now when I rebooted I got bd as the boot code. I also updated the bios to the link you provided. This is really a head scratcher for me.

Enable XMP
Set system agent voltage to 1.02V

Thanks, I did that and still had the issues and it looks to me to be a bad memory stick. I took all of them out and put that one stick in A1 and would get power on but stuck at the bd code.

Thanks, I did that and still had the issues and it looks to me to be a bad memory stick. I took all of them out and put that one stick in A1 and would get power on but stuck at the bd code.
Hello

If at stock settings and using that same slot if the other modules POST without issue the memory kit needs to be RMA'd.

Hello

If at stock settings and using that same slot if the other modules POST without issue the memory kit needs to be RMA'd.

Yeah I have a feeling that is the case. I did the old try each module in the A1 slot to see if it posts and 1 of the slots would power on but would be stuck at code bd.

My 5930K is at offset +0.230V with LLC set to 8. Frequency is 4.2GHz.
With this offset CPU goes up to 1.280V and CPU Input voltage is around 1.9-1.92V since it is in auto.

Yesterday this config was solid, today I started PC and it hanged on windows load with a bsod.

I think that I never had a worst bundle mobo+cpu.
But something says me that the problem resides on the motherboard.

Woah! I opened the Device Manager for... I just felt like it, hahaha. And I found this:

SY5dM1l.png

I'm pretty sure after I installed everything the Device Manager did not show this! Any ideas?

Oh, this is an X99 Deluxe

Woah! I opened the Device Manager for... I just felt like it, hahaha. And I found this:

I'm pretty sure after I installed everything the Device Manager did not show this! Any ideas?

Oh, this is an X99 Deluxe
Hello

Install the Intel ME driver.

Hello

Install the Intel ME driver.

Already have; actually went through some of the drivers and selected the "Repair" option. Still showing up like that.

EDIT: I'm using the drivers from the Asus X99 Deluxe support site.

Hey Raja, I've noticed the x99 Deluxe product page only list 3 and 4 way SLI configurations under it's multi-GPU support. I've spent the last two days trying to get my configuration up and running with 780s in SLI and coming up spades. I know this was a known issue at release of x99 and NVIDIA issued new drivers, but they didn't seem to do the trick for me.

This was an upgrade build from P8Z77-V Deluxe, where my SLI configuration worked like a charm. Have you heard, or do you know, of any necessary steps from the mobo side to make this work?

I've read a number of reports saying that plugging in a 3rd GPU has "magically" enabled SLI to be an option for other users, maybe Asus wants to lend me another 780 so I can get my system up and running like it should :)

Update to the latest UEFI version. Ensure the GPUs are in the correct slots (check the motherboard manual for recommended slots for two cards according to CPU). If that does not fix it, probably driver issue.

BTW 4-way SLI is not supported on the Deluxe (it's Quad SLI). 4-Way is four cards. Quad SLI is two dual cards working in SLI. A lot of people confuse this.

Last edited:
BTW 4-way SLI is not supported on the Deluxe (it's Quad SLI). 4-Way is four cards. Quad SLI is two dual cards working in SLI. A lot of people confuse this.

Ahh, the joys of marketing-speak. I understand the need for it, but that doesn't mean it isn't a bit misleading at times. The image intended to be invoked and the image actually invoked aren't always the same.

I have the latest BIOS and the cards are in slots 1 and 3. The only thing I can think of is that the SLI bridge I'm using (also an Asus part) may not have been the same one that the system came with. I have a tendency to drop all of the box contents in various drawers to keep my workspace clean and I may have grabbed the wrong bridge.

EDIT:Spelling.

Last edited:
If both GPUs are being seen in device manager and the driver for both is loaded - the I suspect there is some kind of driver SLI issue.

Ahh, the joys of marketing-speak. I understand the need for it, but that doesn't mean it isn't a bit misleading at times. The image intended to be invoked and the image actually invoked aren't always the same.

I have the latest BIOS and the cards are in slots 1 and 3. The only thing I can think of is that the SLI bridge I'm using (also an Asus part) may not have been the same one that the system came with. I have a tendency to drop all of the box contents in various drawers to keep my workspace clean and I may have grabbed the wrong bridge.

EDIT:Spelling.

It would be quite a feat to fit 4 dual slot cards into 6 slots (Deluxe is only ATX). Even if you switch to single slot water blocks, the brackets are still dual slot from the DVI port.

If I run 3way SLI with 16/16/8 on this board, am I able to run a sound card in the last slot? Or does this drop the SLI down to 16/8/8? I heard the on-board audio on the deluxe is quite good, so maybe i don't need my SBZ anyway?

Hi all,

Just purchased and setup an X99 deluxe. All the drivers installed when I loaded the chipset, USB, LAN and Bluetooth drivers, save for one which still has an exclamation point in Device Manager: "Network Controller". Anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks!

Ahem, faulty carbon unit plus reading comprehension issue. Slots 1 and 3 in the manual correlate with slots 1 and 2 on the mobo.

I hoped in a better support from asus.
No new bios yet.

Huh? There has already been two new since the launch. It is not like a ton of people are having issues with this mobo as far as I can tell. So far it has been pretty darn good for me.

Back