ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread

Raja:

Could you do a good compare and contrast between the specific differences of the Rampage V and the X99-E WS boards? Those are the front-runners for my upcoming Haswell-E buy.

Separate question. I saw something about the Rampage V have a lightbar or LED series near the sound chip, is there any such lighting?

Questions about the Z10PE-D8 WS Dual Xeon workstation motherboard:

- does it support the Haswell-E i7-5960X in single-processor mode in socket 1?

- does it require both sockets to be populated with Xeon processors for running in a 4-way SLI GPU mode? In other words PCI slots are split among both processors?

Raja:

Could you do a good compare and contrast between the specific differences of the Rampage V and the X99-E WS boards? Those are the front-runners for my upcoming Haswell-E buy.

Separate question. I saw something about the Rampage V have a lightbar or LED series near the sound chip, is there any such lighting?

Unfortunately I dont have time to detail such a post for you. I think If you go to the ASUS site you should be able to compare the call-out features and theres enough info there to be honest for the extras.

Outside the software and called out hardware features:
As an end-user the decision between these boards largely comes down to how many PCIe slots you need to use and if you're into overclocking and tweaking.

Unfortunately I dont have time to detail such a post for you. I think If you go to the ASUS site you should be able to compare the call-out features and theres enough info there to be honest for the extras.

Outside the software and called out hardware features:
As an end-user the decision between these boards largely comes down to how many PCIe slots you need to use and if you're into overclocking and tweaking.

I did before I asked. But the Asus website doesn't explain the rationale as, for example, why the Rampage uses 10K Black metallic caps whereas the X99-E uses 12K caps. The product pages don't explain the net effect of one versus the other.

I did before I asked. But the Asus website doesn't explain the rationale as, for example, why the Rampage uses 10K Black metallic caps whereas the X99-E uses 12K caps. The product pages don't explain the net effect of one versus the other.
Hello

10K vs 12K is the number of hours of operation the cap is rated for at a given operating temperature. The explanation of these type of electrical specifications are really beyond what one should reasonable expect to be explained when reviewing a motherboard's product page.

I got my X99 Deluxe and 5930K last nite.

Initial install went good..but I decided to go from Win 7 to Win 8 and had all kinds of issues with the bios seeing the drive, setting the boot drive etc.....Lots of switching around, unplugging repluggin..but I am now on my way....

I do admit that the issues could all be on me due to lack of understanding..

But, I have noticed 2 things weird which I do want to bring up..

1. Boot order wouldnt save for some time. It keeps moving the dvd drive to 1st.
2. AI utility wont find latest bios. I will download it manually and install from the AI utility..but thought I would through that out there

The boot order thing is weird. It seems the simple mode doesn't save, but if you go into advanced mode and re-order the drives it works.

Hmm, had a weird issue last night after updating the x99 deluxe bios to 0801. Bios would detect all of my ssd and hdds, however only two of them would show up under windows 8.1 (6 drives total).

It fixed itself after shutting down and rebooting, but found that to be odd.

I ran into something weird just now. I tried launching HWMonitor, it locked up and blue screened when I tried to force close it (doesn't seem to support X99 yet). When I got back into Windows though it only saw 2 of my RAM sticks (16GB).

It wasn't like the bent pin problem on X58, where Windows would say 4GB out of 6GB usable for instance. The DIMM slots weren't being picked up at all'

Anyway, complete power down and reboot fixed it. The HWmonitor crash is reproducible if I have MSI Afterburner open, so it wasn't a random error, however the RAM channels dropping out only happened that one time. Weird.

HWMonitor, it locked up and blue screened when I tried to force close it (doesn't seem to support X99 yet).

Hwmonitor and coretemp make both of my x99 systems hang/freeze, oddly enough (x99 deluxe + 5960x and x99m killer + 5820k).

is there someone with a X99 Deluxe that can say us if the deluxe is able to push RAM at 2800MHz using the XMP profile without changing the BCLK?

Info needed before purchase of X99 Deluxe & 5820k. Can Someone tell me if I can use my 290X in the first X16 slot and 3 HVR-2250 PCIeX1 cards in the remaining x16 slots w/out a problem?

Info needed before purchase of X99 Deluxe & 5820k. Can Someone tell me if I can use my 290X in the first X16 slot and 3 HVR-2250 PCIeX1 cards in the remaining x16 slots w/out a problem?

5820k gives you enough PCIe lines for your needs, it will be ok.

I am having another issue...My current issue is that I am gettng a warning about to "Ensure to install MEI driver before using ASUS 5 way optimization.

Thoughts?> cant find that driver for the X99 Deluxe...

the rest seem to have resolved themselves since I am not messing around with them. Cyberreality described the boot order issue exactly.

Last edited:
I am having another issue...My current issue is that I am not gettng a warning about to "Ensure to install MEI driver before using ASUS 5 way optimization.

the rest seem to have resolved themselves since I am not messing around with them. Cyberreality described the boot order issue exactly.

you can find it on the support Page of te Asus site.

I am having another issue...My current issue is that I am not gettng a warning about to "Ensure to install MEI driver before using ASUS 5 way optimization.

Try installing this pack:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnTWl1NTgxQTAyLVU/edit?usp=sharing

For some reason when some users install the MEI drivers this pack gets left out. Does not happen on every system. I know of about 4 cases so far where this happens.

I did look, its not listed under MEI in utilities or any other section..but I could have missed it.....

And thanks Raja for the link!

Let me know if that fixes it for you. Thats what doesn't install from the MEI driver sometimes. Make sure you sintall the MEI driver first, then use the ICC pack if you have to.

Let me know if that fixes it for you. Thats what doesn't install from the MEI driver sometimes. Make sure you sintall the MEI driver first, then use the ICC pack if you have to.

I still have the same warning box come up. I installed "vcredist_x86" first.. rebooted, got the warning. I then installed "Setup|CCS" , rebooted and got the warning again.

Am I in error with what I did?

Also, updated the bios successfully..same warning.

What's the latest BIOS build for X99-E WS? Only the release version is available on the support page.

You guys may wanna be careful, the deluxe has already blown up two 5960x's and two of itselves, I'm not sure if it's the OC socket or a design thing.

I still have the same warning box come up. I installed "vcredist_x86" first.. rebooted, got the warning. I then installed "Setup|CCS" , rebooted and got the warning again.

Am I in error with what I did?

Also, updated the bios successfully..same warning.

Install Intel XTU - see if it updates the MEI driver. Unsunstall AI Suite then install it again.

Have you already got this mobo? Where???

There will be more going on sale in the next 1-2 weeks. Awaiting a shipment. Thats' for NA. Other regions, I am not sure, you'll need to contact them directly and ask if you live outside NA.

I have the strangest issue. If I plug a USB Hub into any of the USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports in the back of the PC, 90% of the time it will not boot to Windows 8.1 (even if there are no devices plugged into the hub. Sometimes it just hangs at a black screen with a cursor blinking in the upper right and sometimes it just freezes at the Windows logo. I have tried different hubs and multiple installs but have the same issue. I can get around the issue if I go to my Boot Menu and set USB Support to "disabled". Still, I would like to avoid this flawed solution. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

Here are my specs: X99-Deluxe; Core i7-5960; CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4; Plextor M6e Series 512GB M.2 PCIe Internal Solid State Drive (PX-G512M6e); Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply.

Many thanks! - Rob

I have the strangest issue. If I plug a USB Hub into any of the USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports in the back of the PC, 90% of the time it will not boot to Windows 8.1 (even if there are no devices plugged into the hub. Sometimes it just hangs at a black screen with a cursor blinking in the upper right and sometimes it just freezes at the Windows logo. I have tried different hubs and multiple installs but have the same issue. I can get around the issue if I go to my Boot Menu and set USB Support to "disabled". Still, I would like to avoid this flawed solution. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

Here are my specs: X99-Deluxe; Core i7-5960; CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4; Plextor M6e Series 512GB M.2 PCIe Internal Solid State Drive (PX-G512M6e); Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply.

Many thanks! - Rob

Hi,

1) Which UEFI version is being used?

2) Can you list the hubs? If we have any of them or can get them in Taiwan I will ask HQ to replicate. If not, check if there is a hub on the QVL.

Last edited:
Question about the M.2 socket specs which state

1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3, gray, , with M Key

This means it is PCIe x4, but does the 3 mean it is PCIe 3.0 ?

Back