ASUS RMA is up

I just received my replacement motherboards after 2 failed FedEx attempts, lucky I had the day off.

I checked my e-mails and the package, but I never received the FedEx return shipping label. I just e-mailed back the support e-mail address.

samething for me i had to call them to get the return label

Card has been charged but when I check for the RMA info I get this: You have reqeusted RMA no. for the machines below; however, they have not been received by us.

I got my board today and I also had to call them to request the FedEx return shipment label. I just go it a few minutes ago. Oh well kind of strange that you have to call to get the return shipping label. I asked about the accessories and she said to send them all back.

Seeing I had to swap the motherboard I figured why not buy a new case. I ordered the CM HAF X and it is arriving tomorrow. I know what I will be doing on Saturday!!!!

I got my board today and I also had to call them to request the FedEx return shipment label. I just go it a few minutes ago. Oh well kind of strange that you have to call to get the return shipping label. I asked about the accessories and she said to send them all back.

Seeing I had to swap the motherboard I figured why not buy a new case. I ordered the CM HAF X and it is arriving tomorrow. I know what I will be doing on Saturday!!!!
Can't wait to get my replacement board. No idea when that'll be as my card has a hold on it for the past few days with no notice or follow-up. Probably just being ancy. PATIENCE! :p

Good choice on the case. The X is pretty nice.

Am I the only one who's gotten screwed so far on this? They STILL have not processed my CC auth form after what 4 attempts, 2 phone calls, and a week?

I hate waiting to get my replacement M/B. My original plan was to replace my P8P67 PRO M/B at Microcenter. However, they did not have any stock at my local Microcenter for a week, so I decided to go to Asus route since folks are getting the replacement in three days. I faxed CC authorization form on 3/8 but I have not received any email from Asus. It looks like Asus is out of stock and waiting for a new shipment. Now, Microcenter is starting to get new M/B. What a bummer.

Yea i finally got my email stating my RMA # and shipping label. 2 days after I got my mobo, ah well...

So is everyone returning all the accessories?? Has anyone kept them?

It seems to me that they are sending out the boards from CA and anybody in CA is getting 3 day shipping while people outside of CA are getting overnite. Maybe they assume that since you are in CA that Fedex will get it to you overnite despite the 3 day. It's been my experience that Fedex will purposely hold it for 3 days even if it's 1 mile from your house whereas UPS will deliever it early if it gets to your central station early.
They are coming from Asus's Fremont offices. I got overnight shipping despite being 20 miles away...

Yea i finally got my email stating my RMA # and shipping label. 2 days after I got my mobo, ah well...

So is everyone returning all the accessories?? Has anyone kept them?

Same here. I plan to return everything as I have everything in the old box. I knew not to part with any of it because of the snafu. None if it is stuff I need anyway.

For you guys who just dropped in the mobo without reinstalling windows, did you have to re-activate?

windows 7, no. it should do it on your first boot.

are you in another galaxy ? your sig is out of this world --> NXZT Phantom | i7 2600K@12.5GHz | Corsair H90 | ASUS P8P67 Ultra | Corsair Vengeance 128GB | Zotac GTX580 Duodo-SLI | ASUS Xonar DX9 | OCZ Vertex 2 240TB | WD Green Caviar 99TB | CM Silencer 5000W | ASUS VW866H

Can't believe you didn't notice my 12-way SLI. :mad:

Am I the only one who's gotten screwed so far on this? They STILL have not processed my CC auth form after what 4 attempts, 2 phone calls, and a week?

No I am in a similar boat and I have their flagship P67 board... :mad:

I did have to.

Same, had to use the automated phone option.

Basically just punch in a bunch of numbers over the phone then type in the code it gives back into the activation screen. Worked fine though, Win7 SP1 Home Premium OEM.

Finally got around to swapping out the old Asus P8P67 Pro last night with the new B3 version. As mentioned by others previously, the board works perfectly fine with Windows 7. At first boot into Windows, it gave a prompt to re-activate itself online. I didn't need to call Microsoft or anything. All the drivers, didn't have to re-intall anything although I will look to see if I need to do any updates. Easy as pie *knock on wood*

What I did notice is that my temp is 3-5C higher at idle, and 14-16C at load-- it used to be 32C at idle but now at 37C, and 62-65C at load but now at 79-81C. It may be due to the CPU fan blowing backward or something, or maybe it's because I got lazy and didn't clean up and re-apply new thermal paste when I swapped boards...I don't know.

or maybe it's because I got lazy and didn't clean up and re-apply new thermal paste when I swapped boards...I don't know.

Not to be lecturing you...but this is a step I always take when putting a system together [or back together]. I suggest you redo it now while the doings of your particular are fresh in your mind. The rebuild will go quicker that way. Just trying to be helpful, not critical.

...or maybe it's because I got lazy and didn't clean up and re-apply new thermal paste when I swapped boards...I don't know.

I got lazy once too but ended up re-doing it. I was very meticulous the next time, cleaned it up real good with alcohol first and then saw a 5C drop from the original.

Still waiting on these twats to approve my advance replacement... it would have been faster for me to drive to the damn retailer and trading in the board for a new one. Now that supply is limited I can't do that, THANKS ASUS AND YOUR AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE! /sarcasm.

Last edited:
Finally got around to swapping out the old Asus P8P67 Pro last night with the new B3 version. As mentioned by others previously, the board works perfectly fine with Windows 7. At first boot into Windows, it gave a prompt to re-activate itself online. I didn't need to call Microsoft or anything. All the drivers, didn't have to re-intall anything although I will look to see if I need to do any updates. Easy as pie *knock on wood*

What I did notice is that my temp is 3-5C higher at idle, and 14-16C at load-- it used to be 32C at idle but now at 37C, and 62-65C at load but now at 79-81C. It may be due to the CPU fan blowing backward or something, or maybe it's because I got lazy and didn't clean up and re-apply new thermal paste when I swapped boards...I don't know.

I'm betting on the paste or a bios config difference, mine doesn't run that high.

I guess the paste may have dried up some hindering the performance of the cooler, my money is on that.

Was out to lunch and the mobo came. For the record if it helps any of you who are still in the dark:

-I sent out the CC form 4 times; after the first 2 times they declined my CC which took them about 3-4 days to report to me. The CC info was perfect and I used it later in the day lol.

-I resent the form with a different CC both fax and email. I received no confirmations at any point so I didn't know whether they got it or not.

-Checking my RMA status on the asus website had shown my progress at processing for CC auth (it was at this stage the entire time, even this morning); which I assumed meant they were waiting to run the card.

-The package came with no return shipping label, so I guess this means I will have to email or call them about it.

I plan to replace the mobo with a ws revolution, however it seems the eta at excaliberpc got pushed back AND the price got raised. My goal was to not do 2 swaps and just sell off the pro board as new but I'm not sure anymore now :(

I also noticed a heat difference when I swapped out boards. I re-seated the stock heat sink 3 times, with various methods of applying thermal paste and no luck.

I was not OCing the CPU at all, but at idle, I was getting temperatures around 40C. With Prime95, within 2 minutes the first time, it got up to 96C...and I quickly turned it off. I only let it get to 85 on subsequent tries, as the first time caught me off guard.

Finally said screw it, and got a CM Hyper 212+ Wow, what a difference.

Idle is around 30-32C and prime95 stable at 60-62C. Big difference.

I do not really plan on OCing, but I want my computer to handle 100% load without worries of the chip melting! I do not monitor the computer all the time, and I wanted to feel safe leaving it alone!

It is not a good idea to reuse the thermal paste. Whenever I have to remove the fan from the chip I always apply new paste.

It is not a good idea to reuse the thermal paste. Whenever I have to remove the fan from the chip I always apply new paste.

I am not sure about qtbrye, but I cleaned with arctic 1 & 2 and re-applied Arctic silver 5 each attempt with the stock cooler. My final thought is that it went bad. Seeing qtbrye's comment though, I wonder if something is off with our new boards. At least I got the temps under control now.

Can you comment on how easy it is to install the Hyper 212+? For my build, I am using the Scythe Mugen 2 which has worked great (until swapping boards, that is) to keep the temp low when I OC. But man, it is a PITA to install. I had to get help from the wife to hold the board upside down, while contorting my body in all sort of ways to align the screws.

Anyways, is it a piece of cake to install the 212+? Thanks

I also noticed a heat difference when I swapped out boards. I re-seated the stock heat sink 3 times, with various methods of applying thermal paste and no luck.

I was not OCing the CPU at all, but at idle, I was getting temperatures around 40C. With Prime95, within 2 minutes the first time, it got up to 96C...and I quickly turned it off. I only let it get to 85 on subsequent tries, as the first time caught me off guard.

Finally said screw it, and got a CM Hyper 212+ Wow, what a difference.

Idle is around 30-32C and prime95 stable at 60-62C. Big difference.

I do not really plan on OCing, but I want my computer to handle 100% load without worries of the chip melting! I do not monitor the computer all the time, and I wanted to feel safe leaving it alone!

Can you comment on how easy it is to install the Hyper 212+? For my build, I am using the Scythe Mugen 2 which has worked great (until swapping boards, that is) to keep the temp low when I OC. But man, it is a PITA to install. I had to get help from the wife to hold the board upside down, while contorting my body in all sort of ways to align the screws.

I guess I have a bit of experience but I felt the install was easy and straightforward enough. One gripe I have is that the threads and the bolts seem very soft and very tight fitting so make sure you're lined up before cranking on anything with their included screwdriver adapter. I think with the design of the 212+ you don't really have to worry about overtightening which is nice.

The clips that hold on the fan(s) are a PITA to work with though so I suggest applying the heatsink and fans on the mobo before installing into the case IF possible.

The other difficult part is determing what strategy you want to use to apply thermal paste. Generally you'll find that with the heatpipe kind of coolers you will have to be very generous with the amount of paste you use. I would say you can do it 2 ways but others will argue ;)

1) Apply paste evenly over the entire surface of the processor, attach heatsink.

2) Apply a bit of paste to the base of the 212+ and spread it around using a clean sandwhich baggie. Then apply more paste in thin lines across the heat pipes. You may also want to apply a few dots of paste to the processor near the corners for good measure.

Well, first it does require you to remove your mother board unless you have access to the CPU area from behind. Mine did not quite line up right with my HAF 932, so I took the thing out.

I did it all myself, but yeah..you have to fumble with your board a bit. Take a look at the how to video they have on the newegg site, as the instructions are not too helpful. An extra pair of hands would help mounting the underside support.

I did note they do omit how to apply thermal paste, but I used the following as a guide.

http://++++++++++++++++.com/index.p...sk=view&id=170&Itemid=38&limit=1&limitstart=5 EDIT: ARG..will just PM the site to you.

Good luck!

No I am in a similar boat and I have their flagship P67 board... :mad:

Me too. :mad: And just got a phone call from Newegg to exchange my Maximus! But Asus are ''Processing'' my fax since march the 3rd! 8 days!

Knowing my usual luck, if I go with Newegg, Asus will charge my card 10 minutes later... lol! So I'm stuck.

Where can I phone them to stop that non-sense and go with Newegg instead? What's the phone number?

What a mess.

I was looking at the free headphones that I got from Asus. What is up with the different length in the left and right wires. The left ear bud wire is 6 inches long and the right ear bud wire is 18 inches long. Anyone else get theirs like that.

I was looking at the free headphones that I got from Asus. What is up with the different length in the left and right wires. The left ear bud wire is 6 inches long and the right ear bud wire is 18 inches long. Anyone else get theirs like that.

That's just how ear buds are these days, the cord is not meant to dangle in the middle ;)

im in canada, i received my new b3 board yesterday, swapped them out with no issues, reapplied o/c settings and everything is great. but, i received NO instructions on how to proceed with shipping my old b2 board back.

im in canada, i received my new b3 board yesterday, swapped them out with no issues, reapplied o/c settings and everything is great. but, i received NO instructions on how to proceed with shipping my old b2 board back.

My instructions came to me well after I had received my replacement board.

Same, I didnt receive the instruction or the fedex label a few days later.

They also just responded to my email I sent them about if they had received my cc information which was over a week ago when this all first started.

Back