ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

Newegg is allowing back ordering. I can't say that I have seen them do that, maybe they are having difficulty with managing the inventory.

Be careful if you have a preferred account; pre-orders and backorders don't qualify toward the promotional financing.

Has anyone contacted TigerDirect or Best Buy B&M stores to see if they're carrying any on store shelves?
It's listed as Out of Stock on that page.
B&H is literally two blocks away from my work, so I went there and got told that 'we have no ETA because ASUS has not given us a ship date.' As in, ASUS hasn't even shipped the screens that were ordered.

As to provantage: if you add the preorder to your cart, you see this:

Was just wondering if anyone contacted provantage about what, exactly, this means.

I'm just waiting it out even if I don't end up with one out of the first batch. Good luck to all of you though.
When I do get one I'd rather not get it from newegg, Tiger, or B&H. I'd rather amazon (prime hopefully) or best buy personally. I'm also not willing to pay any "shortage" markups anywhere.

Be careful if you have a preferred account; pre-orders and backorders don't qualify toward the promotional financing.

They do, but only after they are charged and billed. What the warning text means is that the pre-order or back-order amount does not count toward the financing on that current transaction.

For example, if you had

$100 widget A
$100 widget B
$800 ROG Swift Backorder

You don't get the promo financing on the $200 worth of Widget A and B, but you will on the $800 ROG Swift once it is charged. Confirmed this last night with a CSR, she said if it doesn't show up that way, to just call or chat them and they would just re-process the transaction to include the promo financing.

Also for the backorder folks, someone on OCN said a Newegg rep said they are expecting another big batch (~300) this Friday, so that is most likely what you are backordering from.

They do, but only after they are charged and billed. What the warning text means is that the pre-order or back-order amount does not count toward the financing on that current transaction.

For example, if you had

$100 widget A
$100 widget B
$800 ROG Swift Backorder

You don't get the promo financing on the $200 worth of Widget A and B, but you will on the $800 ROG Swift once it is charged. Confirmed this last night with a CSR, she said if it doesn't show up that way, to just call or chat them and they would just re-process the transaction to include the promo financing.

Also for the backorder folks, someone on OCN said a Newegg rep said they are expecting another big batch (~300) this Friday, so that is most likely what you are backordering from.

Awesome! Thanks very much for the clarification. Ordered at NewEgg.

TigerDirect: Not even once.

I've been pretty active in reading impressions on this monitor and I don't remember anybody reporting any dead or stuck pixels, though I did see some clouding from one owner on ukoc.

I've been pretty active in reading impressions on this monitor and I don't remember anybody reporting any dead or stuck pixels, though I did see some clouding from one owner on ukoc.

Sounds good, I remember buying ASUS monitors back in the day and having to return them 3 times before I got a pixel perfect one. Thank god for local Tigerdirect and their awesome return policy. Which is the only reason I would've liked to order from TD but tax + shipping puts me at nearly $900 for this monitor.

Same for me, heard of no dead/stuck pixels yet, but did see the one with the clouding issue.

My newegg order just updated to shipped...hopefully tracking info will follow shortly.

The reason I just went ahead and backordered from Newegg instead of waiting for one of the 2 nearby Fry's or Microcenters to receive it (about 3 days Fry's said, in case you GA people are wondering) is because I don't feel like driving for like 20-30 minutes there and back and then again every time I want to exchange it if I need to. Even if Newegg charges return shipping, it's not worth my money to spend that long driving there. Plus I just wanted to get it out of the way.

I was gonna cancel my tiger direct order and backorder one from new egg but apparently they stopped taking them lol

I'm glad I got an RGB television for $15 yesterday for some retro console gaming... looks like it might be wise to sit out on this for awhile and do something else.

There is a Microcenter an hour away but I'm sure I'd drive there for naught if they were to get them in this week.

TigerDirect was even a pain on the cancellation. Ugh.

Did you have to wait 15 minutes before someone finally answered? I thought Chase was bad when it came to support, but my lord have things changed since the last time I ordered from TigerDirect.

I'm glad I got an RGB television for $15 yesterday for some retro console gaming... looks like it might be wise to sit out on this for awhile and do something else.

There is a Microcenter an hour away but I'm sure I'd drive there for naught if they were to get them in this week.

Haha I bought a 90lb Sony Trinitron for $20 the other day and a 200lb Sony WEGA Trinitron for $80. My back is saying it wasn't worth it but my buttery smooth Smash Bros Melee is speaking a different tune.

QpXPzYn.jpg

I'm pretty excited about it! I've got SCART cables for my SNES coming from the UK and a Dreamcast tomorrow, and I will probably mod my NES to get RGB output as well.

Mine is only a 27" NEC monitor from like the early 90s :) (NEC CM-2791) but if feels like it weights 80 or 90 lbs. Those Sony Trinitrons are beastly.

I'm looking forward to low-latency, correct color gaming w/ scanlines. It's crazy how much better these old consoles look when they are not hooked up via coax or composite.

I'm pretty excited about it! I've got SCART cables for my SNES coming from the UK and a Dreamcast tomorrow, and I will probably mod my NES to get RGB output as well.

Mine is only a 27" NEC monitor from like the early 90s :) (NEC CM-2791) but if feels like it weights 80 or 90 lbs. Those Sony Trinitrons are beastly.

I'm looking forward to low-latency, correct color gaming. It's crazy how much better these old consoles look when they are not hooked up via coax or composite.

Yeah, which why I prefer my early 90s Trinitron for true retro gaming. Those lovely scanlines! I have my NES/SNES/Sega hooked up to it. For N64+ generation I use my lovely widescreen WEGA, excellent picture and details but pixel gaming just doesn't look as good as the older models.

how did this go from a thread about bitching about the availability or issues ordering this monitor to a discussion about crt tvs for retro console gaming

Haha I bought a 90lb Sony Trinitron for $20 the other day and a 200lb Sony WEGA Trinitron for $80. My back is saying it wasn't worth it but my buttery smooth Smash Bros Melee is speaking a different tune.

QpXPzYn.jpg

Is that a 34XBR960?

I have one myself and I'll never part with it because the picture is too damn good and I refuse to move it. :D

Been F5ing occasionally today at Amazon as I have a large gift card I need to spend there. Nothing so far outside of two price gouged market place sellers. :(

Is that a 34XBR960?

I have one myself and I'll never part with it because the picture is too damn good and I refuse to move it. :D

Damn right it is, I was looking for a CRT to get back into competitive Smash and just happened to come across it on craigslist. Literally listed 2 hours before I saw it. Jumped in my car and made the 45 minute traffic filled drive to pick this baby up, with much help of course. I've heard things about display lag with HD CRTs so once I get this monitor I am going to put that to the test.

Knowing full well that the price will come down on these Asus PG278Q monitors within about 3 months due to competing monitor companies, I still decided to backorder/preorder three of them for my surround setup (2 from Newegg and one from TigerDirect). I'm fairly sure my 3 GTX Titans will be able to handle these monitors at least in 2D. I'm hoping I can use them with my 3D Vision 2 glasses...we'll see.

As for the availability, I'm betting that Newegg will have monitors in stock every 2 or 3 days, though the number of monitors received is not going to be high. ASUS has simply not produced enough of these yet to satisfy the thousands of tech-hungry, savage gamers out there. I'm sure many of the backorders will not be fulfilled in the next order, thus, I will probably not be receiving my monitors before next week...oh well. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Good luck everyone!

I managed to nab a Sony PVM on Craigslist for $15 from a local effects company to handle all my retro stuff. If your lucky enough to find one locally they are pretty much the best for RGB retro gaming (very heavy though).

I managed to nab a Sony PVM on Craigslist for $15 from a local effects company to handle all my retro stuff. If your lucky enough to find one locally they are pretty much the best for RGB retro gaming (very heavy though).

I WISH! Around here they go for no less than $100.

I have a sony xbr960 34" widescreen crt with hdmi input .. "720p" / 1080i
It is the best for ps3 move shooting gallery/quickdraw games and a wii with no native resolution on crt looks amazingly better than upscaled on a 1080p lcd.

I also still own (my second) fw900 which is 23.5" and usually run at 1920x1200 when I ran it. I use a 120hz samsung 750D 27" these last several years for pc gaming, but I'm very much looking forward to getting this PG278Q eventually.

Mine was shipped out today and will be here Friday. My friend ordered a new calibrator and sent it to my house first so I can calibrate the monitor, and then I'll be shipping it back to him. So I'll be able to report in on how good the calibration is out of the box and compare it to a couple of my IPS monitors I have around here (Korean Yamasaki 27" 1440p IPS and Dell U2410).

Excited!

I just talked to MicroCenter. They said they usually get new monitors in-store about a week after they come out because they have to ship them from their distribution center.

So according to TD, I can't have any information on my order because it was paid for via paypal. Apparently when you pay via a 3rd party thier system accepts the order as a guest account and not a personal one. This means the order will never show up in my past invoices/history on their site.

On top of that, they can provide absolutely no information on the status of my order other than a 3rd party will (drop) ship it.

I'm beginning to see why people don't like Tigerdirect. I've never had issues with them before, but they seem really clueless about everything.

I wonder how closely the people who claim "no dead pixels" actually look. I swear, every single > 1080p screen I've bought in my life had at least one dead or stuck pixel. But I was super OCD about looking for them. I wonder... Is my luck really that bad or are dead pixels fairly prevalent? I'm thinking they're fairly prevalent. More than people like to admit.

So according to TD, I can't have any information on my order because it was paid for via paypal. Apparently when you pay via a 3rd party thier system accepts the order as a guest account and not a personal one. This means the order will never show up in my past invoices/history on their site.

On top of that, they can provide absolutely no information on the status of my order other than a 3rd party will (drop) ship it.

I'm beginning to see why people don't like Tigerdirect. I've never had issues with them before, but they seem really clueless about everything.

search by order number

I was just at B&H. They should be getting 150 of these in the next 2-3 days, and 45 of them are preordered(so 105 left to be claimed).

I just got word from NCIX a few minutes ago that do not yet have an ETA from their supplier yet.

They did offer me a refund if I wanted it, but I'm pretty certain I'm one of the first to order, and I don't see any place in Canada with stock so I'm holding on.

mine will be here today or tomorrow, i hear GPU overclocks cause G SYNC issues? anyone with a screen already confirm/deny?

I went ahead and purchased one as well from Newegg while they were in stock earlier today and it already shipped!

Back