ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

Discussion in 'Displays' started by HardOCP News, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Zoson

Zoson [H]ardness Supreme

Actually, it said auto notify, then went back to add to cart, so I thought someone cancelled. It was throwing this error before:
    [​IMG]

So yeah, it wasn't a cached page. It was a fuckup.
    They were preventing you from getting to the order page at all, and I went through ordering, cc info and all, then when i hit the confirm button they gave me that other error.

2. NickJames

NickJames [H]ardness Supreme

God fucking damnit. I placed my order twice and they both got voided for out of stock.

3. DraginDime

DraginDime [H]ard|Gawd

I got an order confirmation and a payment confirmation email, but no shipping info yet... I did upgrade to 3 day shipping before I checked out.

4. aaronjb

aaronjb Gawd

Asus is loving this. This is just the kind of demand they were hoping to gin up.

5. Clown539

Clown539 n00b

I also made it to the enter cc page before it was removed from my cart. The page is was referring to was the item page it self hadn't actually updated if you went to it again quickly and it still had add to cart instead of auto notify

6. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

LOL you guys are funny

7. NickJames

Didn't matter, I managed to authorize a purchase and even got an invoice. Still sent me an email saying my order was voided because it was out of stock.

8. Zoson

Zoson [H]ardness Supreme

It said auto notify, then went back to add to cart, it was not a cached page. There are two different error messages.
    This one, when it said 'add to cart' but there was insufficient stock:
    [​IMG]

And then this one when they let me check out, but then voided the transaction as I hit the order button:
    [​IMG]

9. chizow

chizow Gawd

Grats to those who got in on the 2nd batch at Newegg, for the rest I wouldn't give up yet. They may be putting them up as they unpack each pallette. It reminds me a lot of the big GPU launches in recent years where they were constantly going in and out of stock as soon as they were put up for sale.

Also, for anyone who has an order in at TD, I'd keep that in as I don't think we have gotten any confirmation of any monitors shipped yet from TD. We *KNOW* TD got a bunch, its just a matter of time before either 1) their distributor gets around to dropshipping them or 2) they actually arrive at TD and they process them. Just takes a little bit longer than places like Newegg and Frys that have a better grasp of their inventory/warehouse stock.

10. StoleMyOwnCar

StoleMyOwnCar 2[H]4U

How the hell do you actually call to ask Fry's their availability? I get this automated line. I think there might be a "transfer to associate" at the end if you don't choose any option but still. God this is annoying.

11. Clown539

Clown539 n00b

You must have been closer than me to getting one i only got the insufficient stock error. I really don't blame newegg for much of this. Since the ones that just went on sale were probably pre-order cancels by people able to get them locally from fry's or another retailer. My biggest gripe is with Asus and the low quantities for the initial launch in this market.

12. VulcaN

VulcaN [H]ard|Gawd

Was lucky enough to see Rizen's post here and got a newegg order in, but my CC declind the transaction to help prevent fraud. Th horror!

I assumed the worst, that newegg would make me replace the order but the phone rep was nice enough to rerun my information once I had the charge approved - if this happened to you dont despair, just call them.

13. limxdul

limxdul Limp Gawd

So the 2nd batch from Newegg that made it up 50 minutes ago lasted from

11:50am EST to 12:06pm EST

So, that batch sold out in 16 minutes.

Expect future batches to be sold in similar time spans.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  14. ScabSE

ScabSE n00b

I'm confused. Are you saying something like Color Profile Keeper would not work?

15. aaronjb

aaronjb Gawd

Wow, TigerDirect must be getting some feedback. I confirmed via a phone call to TD support that they aren't getting any until 9/13. I was offered $40 ($20 toward this purchase, $20 toward next purchase) cash back.

Edit: Oh, wait, they wanted to sign me up with a for-fee incentive program.

And thus ends my first and last experience with TigerDirect.

16. Clown539

Clown539 n00b

hasn't Tiger Direct direct been in the retailer game a whole decade longer than Newegg. How does there website layout/design, I've always hated their site, and there inventory system appear to be lacking so much when compared to Newegg, B&H and other retailers. TD founded int 87, and Newegg founded in 2001

17. Rizen

Rizen [H]ardForum Junkie

That's why I never order from TD. They list stuff for sale and state it's in stock when it is not. I don't want to deal with that bullshit especially if they put a hold on my CC.

18. bigdano

bigdano n00b

When did you place your order? Were you asking about when they get the /next/ batch (its currently saying for preorder on their site) or when they will receive the current batch, that you were able to buy with a "in stock" showing?

19. aaronjb

aaronjb Gawd

I was literally asking about my "In Stock" order placed yesterday. I was told there is no stock. These won't ship until (at the earliest) 9/13 from TigerDirect. Again, I was asking about my order and not future stock or orders placed today.

I completed checkout on this through the Best Buy for Business site. I'll follow up with my results.

20. Nettwerk

Nettwerk 2[H]4U

Grabbed mine this morning :)

[​IMG]

There is one left at the Houston area Frys in Webster

21. bigdano

bigdano n00b

You placed the order on best buy for business? Why would that have anything to do with tiger direct?

22. Nettwerk

Nettwerk 2[H]4U

Stay on the line and someone human will answer

23. chizow

chizow Gawd

Ah yeah, yesterday probably wasn't 1st batch for TD, apparently they had a pre-order batch for Saturday. My guess is Saturday's pre-order will dropship from distributor, anything else will have to wait for the main lot to arrive at TD's warehouse in 2 weeks.

24. greens

greens Limp Gawd

It's called patience and yes there is. At the end it will just transfer you to a human automatically. Make sure you have the item stock number posted earlier in the thread.

Speaking of Fry's, I still have mine on will call but can't work up the nerve to go get it. $70 in sales tax FTMFL.

25. greens

greens Limp Gawd

26. aaronjb

aaronjb Gawd

It doesn't. Those are two separate thoughts.

27. bigdano

bigdano n00b

28. greens

greens Limp Gawd

Try reading what people write prior to replying in haste.

29. bigdano

bigdano n00b

I just called BBFB and asked about the availability and they said they dont have any and it should not be listed as available.

Fuck

30. TMoney58

TMoney58 n00b

RE Tiger Direct.

Placed my order Saturday and I have a tracking number that has it showing up today!!!

Not sure what all the idea is with them not getting any until mid-september as it is pretty clear there is a 25lb package on a UPS truck with my name on it right now.

31. chizow

chizow Gawd

Awesome, just as I suspected for that Saturday lot! Grats!

32. StoleMyOwnCar

StoleMyOwnCar 2[H]4U

Neither of the Fry's in GA have any. Should have some in about half a week or so.

33. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Limp Gawd

Lucky you, my tracking says no delivery until September 2nd. Bullshit.

34. Zoson

Zoson [H]ardness Supreme

35. chizow

chizow Gawd

So does that mean more boat shenanigans? :D

36. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Has anyone contacted TigerDirect or Best Buy B&M stores to see if they're carrying any on store shelves?
    It's listed as Out of Stock on that page.

37. Geforcepat

Geforcepat Gawd

comment of the day:D

38. bigdano

bigdano n00b

newegg is taking back orders now, gogogo

39. northfaceseen

northfaceseen Limp Gawd

Newegg is allowing back ordering. I can't say that I have seen them do that, maybe they are having difficulty with managing the inventory.

40. NickJames

Great and I miss this too!? What the fuck Newegg, I had two of my orders cancelled.

*EDIT* Where is the backorder?