ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

I always avoid ones that have stuff rolled in b/c those things tend to be out of date.

The build was last updated 3 days ago.

Also you would still need ffdshow for audio.

LAV Audio is included.

Anyways lets try to stay on the original topic now.

New and interesting ways to use this display is far more relevant a topic than the stupid two weeks meme.

Well, this is kind of new. Checking Newegg by searching "PG278Q" for the past few forever-ish has resulted in [paraphrased] "There were no results for PG278Q. Displayed are results for PB278Q."

Now Newegg shows a variety of similar monitors rather than simply showing the results for PB278Q.

By channeling my inner tinfoil hat, I have come to the speculative conclusion that we're looking at soon soon, rather than soon™ soon.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled decelerating hype, brought to you in part by our wonderful sponsor, numerous delays.

Well, this is kind of new.

By channeling my inner tinfoil hat, I have come to the speculative conclusion that we're looking at soon soon, rather than soon™ soon.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled decelerating hype, brought to you in part by our wonderful sponsor, numerous delays.

ROFL....I hate numerous delays, their products suck!

I bought a Mac10 last month and I wonder if the Tax Stamp is gonna get here before SoonTM SoonTM lol

I bought a Mac10 last month and I wonder if the Tax Stamp is gonna get here before SoonTM SoonTM lol

Shit at this rate you will get the stamp back before ASUS gets these monitors over here and the BATFE is slower than molasses.....

check this informative details about asus it will be very helpful to you :)

:) :) :) :) :)

So glad they didn't go over the top like the other ROG products they sell.

If they had there is no way i'd have something like that sitting on my desk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you guys who pre-ordered from PCNation got a shipped status email yet? Or have received the monitor?

Man nfa items are so damn addictive. If form 4s were still up for efile I would say you would have a chance of getting the stamp before they get here. My 762-sdn6 earlier this year took about 5 months for a stamp.

Have any of you guys who pre-ordered from PCNation got a shipped status email yet? Or have received the monitor?

SOOOOO Here is an interesting update... I ordered from PCNation (who the hell are they?!?) just to give it a shot. all weekend it said pending CC approval. Now look...

I also called thier customer service line and found a knowledgeable rep... his response just about made me poop my pants and laugh. He said he doesnt know when it will ship they had a call into ASUS and ASUS told them.... wait for it.

about Two more Weeks. L O L

Last edited:
SOOOOO Here is an interesting update... I ordered from PCNation (who the hell are they?!?) just to give it a shot. all weekend it said pending CC approval. Now look...

I also called thier customer service line and found a knowledgeable rep... his response just about made me poop my pants and laugh. He said he doesnt know when it will ship they had a call into ASUS and ASUS told them.... wait for it.

My CC said charged and my order from PCNation shows the same as well.

I was #200 vote for the mass drop. :D

The question is if and when we would be able to buy them via massdrop...

I was #200 vote for the mass drop. :D

The question is if and when we would be able to buy them via massdrop...
I don't think you understand massdrop's negotiating with manufacture's process. It's really if Asus wants to work with massdrop or not. But seeing how LG being one the bigger Manufactures that Massdrop have worked with, Asus might bite.

Good stuff LMAO.

I just completed the confirmation email (for new accounts) and this was attached to it...

***Please note that the Asus monitor you ordered was listed on a pre-released status and will not be available to ship for at least 2 weeks. Your order will ship out the same day that stock arrives. Please contact us at any time prior to shipping if you would like to cancel.***

They better not charge my card and not ship it for two weeks.

Last edited:
This guide is actually better, IMO. It includes a download to an MPC-HC build with MadVR and LAVfilters rolled in. Be sure to follow the steps for MadVR configuration, too.

Best video filters PERIOD. I have been running MadVR for years now and will never go back to VLC or anything like that.

Will 2 GTX 660 (non-TI) in SLI be able to make proper use of this monitor?

The Vram amount on your cards may be an issue, but toning settings accordingly I think you'll enjoy it. Plus with GSYNC it really doesn't matter what GPUs you have or fps your pumping out (unless you are wanting to use the Ultra Low Motion Blur side), anything between 30-144 fps generally looks the same.

I'm looking forward to testing out GSYNC on my old q9650/750ti system and comparing it to my main beastly setup. Also the day Amazon has it listed.

I really don't understand the delays here. The monitor was in stock on Amazon.fr a few weeks ago, why is it taking so much longer to get these to NA?

I really don't understand the delays here. The monitor was in stock on Amazon.fr a few weeks ago, why is it taking so much longer to get these to NA?

Air freight vs a ship from china that takes 3-4 weeks to get here and clear customs.

Air freight vs a ship from china that takes 3-4 weeks to get here and clear customs.

Pretty much, customs can be really slow. Depending on who's in charge, things can sit at port inside a container for weeks before it gets inspected. I remember when I was getting my Ncase, it sat in customs for 2 weeks before it finally got delivered to my carrier.

Probably even longer than that. I worked for a beer distributor for around 15 years and the import beers like Guinness was brewed in Ireland and sent to North America by ship and it took over 2 months for it to hit out warehouse. Customs takes nearly as long as the voyage across the Atlantic.

Well this is interesting... they charged my credit card as well and when I login to the order status page it says the same thing 'In the warehouse'.

Looks like we'll be waiting quite a while! Damn I knew I should've gone with B&H!

Well my PCNation order went from "In the Warehouse" to "All Backordered"

I knew better than to get excited..... everyone else who ordered at PCNation get the same thing?

Will 2 GTX 660 (non-TI) in SLI be able to make proper use of this monitor?
The minimum FPS necessary to make G-Sync look good is 30. I don't think GTX 660 SLI would cut it as a couple of 670's IIRC pushes most games in medium setting at just above 20 FPS for 1440p (Anandtech). But a single GTX 780 Ti could do 30 FPS at 1440p. BTW, I don't mean AVG FPS, which would be much more than 30. I really mean minimum FPS. GTX 660 SLI would just be choppy when the FPS falls under 30. Whereas 780 Ti would hardly ever fall under 30 (if it does), so G-Sync would continue to work great.

The minimum FPS necessary to make G-Sync look good is 30. I don't think GTX 660 SLI would cut it as a couple of 670's IIRC pushes most games in medium setting at just above 20 FPS for 1440p (Anandtech). But a single GTX 780 Ti could do 30 FPS at 1440p. BTW, I don't mean AVG FPS, which would be much more than 30. I really mean minimum FPS. GTX 660 SLI would just be choppy when the FPS falls under 30. Whereas 780 Ti would hardly ever fall under 30 (if it does), so G-Sync would continue to work great.
Just remember that not every modern game is very demanding ;) (I'm looking at you, CS:GO)

i have this
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4373#ov
and i'm doing perfectly fine on my current 27" 1440p EIZO with a single card.

It's 2k not 4k. You can do fine even with a single good card. You can always lower the game settings to get even more fps. SLI 670 is ok for QHD.

I'm starting to lose to mind waiting for this monitor and maxwell gpu. All i keeping hearing is "soon" I can't take it anymore!

so is everyone gonna cancel their pcnation preorder or just wait and see what happens? im trying to decide

Back