ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

Standard 27" 144 Hz 1080p TN retail for 400$+ - 200 usd premium is normal for WQHD on ips displays and then another 150-200$ for g-sync - price is high but doesn't seem like totall rip-off

people are spoiled by the korean outlet but the 27" 2560x1440 lg ips panels were being sold for years at premium before that avenue (and surplus?) ever opened up.

The first 27" 1920x1080 120hz monitors were almost $600 several years ago (a little more in today's dollars) - early adoption factor.

Yes it is overpriced a bit.
Higher end TN panel("for a TN"), 2560x, and a g-sync/ulmb premium.. also zero competition to match its manufactured specs so it is unique so far and is an early adoption factor.

Last edited:
Well based on the leaked price from Asus at $650 which is probably what the retailers are paying for them. I would say Asus is probably making at least a few hundred per monitor if not more.

What leak? You mean that mistake the rep made about the price, and confused it for the 4K Asus panel PB287Q?

Otherwise, where is this "leak".

Shows how niche this monitor really is, huh? If they sell out that quickly.

Of course they use a boat for the U.S. shipments rather then the usual plane.

@asperity, what Fry's? I called a few here in California (mainly Bay Area, SJ, Fremont, Sunnyvale) and they don't even have an idea of when they will get these. They don'
t even have a shipment date of when they get them, according to the Palo Alto Fry's manager. Which he said was VERY odd for a new product like this.

Yeah guys don't forget about that $15 off your $100 or more order! I found it on the Deal section on this forum so use it before all these monitors are gone!

Word from TD is they will ship out on Monday, as far as things go now. We will see when Monday comes.

Just picked mine up from my local fry's this morning while still in my PJs once i knew they had a few in stock. No dead or lit pixels anywhere so i'm a very happy camper.

Didn't notice any issues as far as i can tell with that test.

Great, if you can try to resize the page to be <50% of the screen and look at it then. As long as you do not get any crazy green stuff all of a sudden it is working great. I heard of 1 person claim this a while back but I want to know if it is a problem with theirs or with all of them. So far it sounds like they are all good and that guy just got a bad one.

Items:$799.99
Shipping & Handling:$24.60
Sales Tax:$0.00
Order Total:$824.59

No tax. I'm in Texas though.

Just picked mine up from my local fry's this morning while still in my PJs once i knew they had a few in stock. No dead or lit pixels anywhere so i'm a very happy camper.

Its not listed on their website. Is it worth a trip down there to see if they have them on hand?

Speak to me brother!

the coolest

"Sweet thread"

"It looks good"

"The coolest"

All very relevant, helpful posts that offer a unique insight to the conversation with a new twist on how to be vague and to the point at the same time. Thank you for your contributions.

Its not listed on their website. Is it worth a trip down there to see if they have them on hand?

Speak to me brother!

The reason i even went to my frys in the first place was because someone posted a frys inventory list on the OCN forums. Check to see if it if they have it near you. Its too new to be up on the site yet but here is the product info. Good luck brother!!

Well i just contacted Frys here in Las Vegas and they said they aren't getting shipments in until monday. Bummer. Im playing with the 32 inch Benq until then.

If anyone with a Swift can tell me how LoL runs compared to something like a 2720Z i would be super stoked. Tearing is everywhere in League, and i think GSync would make it a 10x better experience.

Edit: Well his image shoes 3 in stock at my LV store... Maybe i just called a retarded associate. Heading out to check it out tomorrow for sure.

They had two in stock at the time. No dead pixels or obvious problems so far.

Works great in MAME.

Well i just contacted Frys here in Las Vegas and they said they aren't getting shipments in until monday. Bummer. Im playing with the 32 inch Benq until then.

If anyone with a Swift can tell me how LoL runs compared to something like a 2720Z i would be super stoked. Tearing is everywhere in League, and i think GSync would make it a 10x better experience.

Edit: Well his image shoes 3 in stock at my LV store... Maybe i just called a retarded associate. Heading out to check it out tomorrow for sure.

I'm in Las Vegas as well thets where i bought mine earlier today lol. They had one left after i bought mine. Better hurry :D

Last edited:
If you have a local fry's near you its your best bet, they have it. Don't call in because those guys at the call center don't know anything and they will tell you that it's not in stock. The only way to know is to actually go to the store.

I dont know about comparing it to the 2720Z, but I can tell you one thing once you run LoL in G-SYNC you can't go back. Even just regular 144 Hz without G-SYNC or with ULMB doesn't look as good as G-SYNC does. Scrolling through the map or making quick map movements seem so smooth. I was thinking to myself is this really how I played league before..? It looks amazing and its worth running LoL in fullscreen for rather than windowed fullscreen.

Thanks! I'm glad I kept checking this thread like a madman.

Same. &#5461;( &#5147; )&#5463;

I just had a chat with TigerDirect. They applied the $15 promo to my order.

You should be able to do the same. ;D

Thanks for the tip. The monitor is not on the website and they wouldn't answer the phone so I drove to the Temp, AZ Fry's Electronics store to check. At first, they didn't know anything about it but I said it was just out and a very helpful Fry's associate went in back and found it on a shelf. I'm using it now, looks great! However, I did get the last, but more will come in soon. They Phoenix store may have some though.

Update: I had to pull out my GT 650 ti Physx card to get Gsync to work.

Last edited:
Can someone who actually has this display in their possession please reply or PM with the width, height and depth of the the panel portion? Completely disregard the stand.

I'm curious how much room three of these in portrait mode, placed side to side, will take up. :D

Thanks.

If you have a local fry's near you its your best bet, they have it. Don't call in because those guys at the call center don't know anything and they will tell you that it's not in stock. The only way to know is to actually go to the store.

I had good luck calling the Fremont one and having them hold it, using it right now. Just ask for the head of the monitor department or a manager.

I have a stuck pixel on mine, some light bleed, still better then I could expect :D. Puts my VG248QE to shame in every way, but I might exchange the monitor due to the stuck pixel (unless it can be fixed).

I dont know about comparing it to the 2720Z, but I can tell you one thing once you run LoL in G-SYNC you can't go back. Even just regular 144 Hz without G-SYNC or with ULMB doesn't look as good as G-SYNC does. Scrolling through the map or making quick map movements seem so smooth. I was thinking to myself is this really how I played league before..? It looks amazing and its worth running LoL in fullscreen for rather than windowed fullscreen.

Back