Assassins Creed 3: American Revolution

Oh shit, if you can meet Benjamin Franklin, I'd automatically rate this game a 90+ based on that alone, no matter how bad the rest of the game is :D

Especially if his mission is to have you assassinate a business rival :D

Oh shit, it gets even better, one of your missions is to do Paul Revere's "Freedom Ride"

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1219799p1.html

AC3: Tarzan

Not impressed with getting to run through the trees like fucking Tarzan. Oh, and if I want a preachy history lesson, I watch the [H]istory channel.

I'm calling it now: F L O P. Should have ended it with Revelation. Move on to new title, but no, they will milk this shit like Mortal Kombat apparently.

I like the fact that it's taking place in a much neglected time period (as far as video game environments go)

^^^ this...I love the AC series although I wish they would slow down and stop churning them out on a yearly basis like CoD...it's hurting the quality...hopefully AC3 will live up to the potential and be more like AC2...even Brotherhood was really good actually...Revelations probably had the best multiplayer

Uhhh....what. We'll see how it goes though, I am pretty disappointed with revelations.

Assassin's Creed 3 will be Ubisoft's "most ambitious" video game ever, the company has claimed as it released the first trailer for the game...The game has been in development for three years - since the conclusion of Assassin's Creed 2, in other words, while spin-offs Brotherhood and Revelations were being released

It also boasts twice the production capacity of any Ubisoft to date...Development is being headed by Ubisoft Montreal, in collaboration with six other Ubisoft studios...It features a new engine, Ubisoft-AnvilNext, for improved visuals, character models and AI, allowing for battlefields full of fighters

Assassin's Creed 3 will be Ubisoft's "most ambitious" video game ever, the company has claimed as it released the first trailer for the game...The game has been in development for three years - since the conclusion of Assassin's Creed 2, in other words, while spin-offs Brotherhood and Revelations were being released

It also boasts twice the production capacity of any Ubisoft to date...Development is being headed by Ubisoft Montreal, in collaboration with six other Ubisoft studios...It features a new engine, Ubisoft-AnvilNext, for improved visuals, character models and AI, allowing for battlefields full of fighters

Excellent.

I'm really excited for this. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite franchises and it sounds like they are doing a good job trying to keep it fresh. I will get this for sure.

Thanks for the good news! If they are true that is. :D It would be sad if this turned out to be just a quick yearly rehash in COD style.

Too bad they couldn't pick a time/environment more interesting than the fucking forests of undeveloped america.......they said 1/3 of the games quests will be in the forests/wild area which is like 10x the size of the revelations area map or some such shit.

Yay for running 50 pixel miles to get to one fucking spot.

Too bad they couldn't pick a time/environment more interesting than the fucking forests of undeveloped america.......they said 1/3 of the games quests will be in the forests/wild area which is like 10x the size of the revelations area map or some such shit.

Yay for running 50 pixel miles to get to one fucking spot.

Why are you so angry? I take it you didn't like Red Dead Redemption either? Even with 1/3 of the game in "the wild" there's still 2/3 (the majority of the game) in more populated areas. This could actually be an interesting and great game.

RDR was great, I was expecting the "wild open west". AC is and never has been about wide open huge vast areas. It's strength has always been unique historical areas that are architectural wet dreams for free running.

Not logs and tree tops.

Series has been going down hill lately, and I just see this as another step down....running around the forest in tree tops is not > climbing the great architectural wonders of Europe.

For me it IS a step up.

No game has ever did "forests/tree" climbing that well, let alone attempt it in a more open world.

There have been quite a few games that have city scapes with climbing/free running, from Assassins creed, to Infamous, to The Saboteur, Prototype, etc.

Name me a SINGLE game that features free running in a RURAL environment? Just one..

I love rural area's, you don't get them enough in games, city scapes are featured FAAAAAAAAAAR more in video games then rural area's..

RDR was great, I was expecting the "wild open west". AC is and never has been about wide open huge vast areas. It's strength has always been unique historical areas that are architectural wet dreams for free running.

Not logs and tree tops.

Series has been going down hill lately, and I just see this as another step down....running around the forest in tree tops is not > climbing the great architectural wonders of Europe.

I'm bored with running around ancient cities. And I haven't even played all the games! The only city type free running that would interest me would be very futuristic. This setting is much more appealing because it's different.

I fully expect to be taking down redcoats from the trees with them running around like headless chickens.

Not logs and tree tops.

I disagree with the majority of this post, but I DID and still DO get something out of the free form nature of the open world architectural wonders of Europe, but it's nice to be going in a DIFFERENT direction.

That it is different does not have to naturally induce someone to say that different is bad. You haven't yet seen how they plan to make it interesting and more than just "jump from tree to tree".

For me it IS a step up.

No game has ever did "forests/tree" climbing that well, let alone attempt it in a more open world.

There have been quite a few games that have city scapes with climbing/free running, from Assassins creed, to Infamous, to The Saboteur, Prototype, etc.

Name me a SINGLE game that features free running in a RURAL environment? Just one..

I love rural area's, you don't get them enough in games, city scapes are featured FAAAAAAAAAAR more in video games then rural area's..

Definitely, I loved RDR, and if you want a comparison as far as travel time goes, how about Skyrim, Oblivion, or Far Cry 2? In TES games, you can Fast Travel at will, but in Far Cry, you have to actually travel back across the terrains, and face respawned enemies and shit.

In the AC games, you could fast travel in a sense, but you could also go on foot or by horse if you wanted to.

In RDR, you can use the carriage, or you can mount your horse and travel the regular way. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't find it "boring" but more than it gives you a chance to explore the landscapes and appreciate the environments instead of going off in an ADD (MUST GET HERE FASTAR) kind of gameplay style.

But you know what? This next sentence is probably the most important of my post. I would see Ubisoft back up their boasts not with empty words, but with a finished product that lives up to their boasting.

I'm going to take a guess and say Benjamin Franklin is going to be the new gadget guy (Da Vinci)?

Why are you so angry? I take it you didn't like Red Dead Redemption either? Even with 1/3 of the game in "the wild" there's still 2/3 (the majority of the game) in more populated areas. This could actually be an interesting and great game.

grrrr , thanks for reminding me. I wish they would drop that game on the pc soon. Been waiting sooo long.

I dunno, I just can't get excited about running through tress like a freaking Ewok or some shit.....and seriously, how many forests have you ever seen with enough limbs large enough for someone to free run across........right - 0.

Game centered around England/France/Germany would have been much more interesting I think.....

I dunno, I just can't get excited about running through tress like a freaking Ewok or some shit.....and seriously, how many forests have you ever seen with enough limbs large enough for someone to free run across........right - 0.

Game centered around England/France/Germany would have been much more interesting I think.....

Before they cleared all the forests to make room for our booming population, forested areas were pretty common.

Here in Arkansas, forests are a dime a dozen, but you are correct about the whole leaping from tree to tree thing, that's not really realistic.

It's a video game though, it isn't meant to mimick reality, it's part of the fantasy, same way as Rodrigo Borgia's staff at the end of AC2 wasn't real, and you wouldn't really expect to get pwned by it in RL.

If you can't get into it, that's a personal problem, or maybe it isn't really a problem for you, but just something that isn't tailored to suit your preferences.

If you look at the trailer most of the free running through the trees is quite low to the ground and over what looks like large trunks and even fallen trees on top or along side still standing trees.

You'll have to give a little leeway to the whole "video game" aspect, but I can't imagine you'll be swinging from limp to limp like a fucking monkey.

So my question is, is it necessary to play Revelations or can you jump from AC2 to AC3?

Mav, if brotherhood is anything to go by, I would say its very likely that you will have needed to have played it and revelations to properly understand how the story has developed to AC 3.

Ubi might include a decent prelude explaining the intervening events, but I wouldn't be hopeful given the lack lustre job they did in AC 2 with explaining the backstory of AC 1 for those who handn't played it.

So my question is, is it necessary to play Revelations or can you jump from AC2 to AC3?

Nessecary? No.

You will be missing some of what happened though. If you plan to skip it look at like the AC wikia and read the plot of the games so you know what is going on coming into 3.

Nothing is necessary, but the point is that a person who skips brotherhood or revelations will have to do some youtube watching/wiki reading for them to properly understand how the intervening events have shaped the plot in AC 3 if they are not inclined to play those two expansions.

That just pisses me off more than anything, lol. Might just read about Revelations on a wiki.

I played AC2 and Brotherhood and got burned out on Ezio about halfway through Brotherhood. Hence why I didn't really want to have to play Revelations.

Assasins Creed 3: AMERICA - FUCK YEAH!

:)

That's the spirit, LOL.

Funny our . . . . Canadian subjects are making this game about us :p

I bet you anything they will include Canada burning the White House in 1812 in one of the games featuring this protagonist :p

I live right near the mohawk valley. Definitely gonna play the game then visit the places. Sick.

So let me get this straight, the first games were based in midevil times and now they put the guys in the 18th century with same wardrobes?
they may as well have put Mel Gibson as the assasins lol

Seriously, Hitman>Assasin Creed.

So let me get this straight, the first games were based in midevil times and now they put the guys in the 18th century with same wardrobes?

What? Connor's outfit in this game is a more "current" (to the time period) style with a throwback look to his Assassin ancestry.

I love the Hitman games but they're completely different.

Have you ever even played an AC game? Doesn't read like it.

I love the Hitman games but they're completely different.

Have you ever even played an AC game? Doesn't read like it.

Nope, saw it once at someones house on a console and wasnt intrested at all.
Looked like console garbage to me.

I would play Brotherhood at least. I thought it was great anyways. Revelations brings closure to Altair (AC1) and Ezio (AC2, B) story. It wasn't really necessary but it's not terrible game either. So I’d say it’s safe to skip Rev if you skip any of them.

Note you do learn a little bit of Desmond’s past but nothing mind blowing.

Back